Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

52 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Godinho and Brandon are 3 months away from fitness. We're actually very short of rightbacks at the moment.

Was this confirmed? I thought people expected them back this month then obviously the time taken for fitness to get up there 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• Agentjambo

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Was this confirmed? I thought people expected them back this month then obviously the time taken for fitness to get up there 

Craig stated October in the recent press conference 

North Berwick Jambo

If we were somehow able to add both Adao & Mitchell to our squad I would moist about the season ahead ?

13 minutes ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

If we were somehow able to add both Adao & Mitchell to our squad I would moist about the season ahead ?

Would be our strongest team in a long time.

Something we need to make sure we take advantage of while the going is good.

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Disagree, the money spent on Mitchell would be recovered when he moved on from us no problem imo. Vanecek will leave us for free.

You mean, Vanecek will join us for free in January, or sooner for pretty much peanuts in comparison.

4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

You mean, Vanecek will join us for free in January, or sooner for pretty much peanuts in comparison.

No, I mean Vanecek will leave us for free so if we could afford demi I'd rather we did than use the money to get vanecek now as when demi left us he'd bring a large fee imo only of course

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No, I mean Vanecek will leave us for free so if we could afford demi I'd rather we did than use the money to get vanecek now as when demi left us he'd bring a large fee imo only of course

I think you've just out-negatived kickback which takes some doing!

If the laddie's got any sense he'll go to a club in the EFL and put himself in the shop window to get a club who can pay him a lot more than we can.

I'd love it if he signed but he's less likely to get noticed up here.

32 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You've predicated that a striker who isn't due to join us for another 6 months will leave us for nothing? 

So you're predicting that he won't be a success 6 months before he arrives? 

GQbS.gif

Mitchell permanent would be some of the best business we have ever done. We can dream. Even a loan would be unbelievable.

One day we will hopefully be in a position to speculate to accumulate with players like Mitchell.....I just think it’s far too soon for us at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

If the laddie's got any sense he'll go to a club in the EFL and put himself in the shop window to get a club who can pay him a lot more than we can.

I think there is a better shop window in the SPFL.

EFL has so many teams, players and games. Silver lining to a smaller league being televised is players get more coverage.

He's a FoH donator too, a lot for him to love and buy into at Hearts especially as a young player.

Plus Edinburgh as a place to live would be a sensible decision!

23 minutes ago, Bauld said:

You've predicated that a striker who isn't due to join us for another 6 months will leave us for nothing? 

So you're predicting that he won't be a success 6 months before he arrives? 

GQbS.gif

Not predicting that in the slightest. 

I'm predicting he'll be either a great success and leave on a pre-contract due to his contract length or he'll be pretty decent and either leave at the end of his current deal or sign an extension and then be about 31 when that one is up.

A 27 year old on an 18 month contract tends not to have much resale value at our level regardless of how well he does(I reckon he'll do very well). Feel free to bookmark this and rub my face in it when he leaves for a fee.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

I think you've just out-negatived kickback which takes some doing!

How is it negative? I'm casting not judgement on how well he will do with that statement.

Say he comes in and scores 30 goals in his first year? How much do you think he'll go for? Given he'd have 6 months left on his deal.

I'm predicting he'll be either a great success and leave on a pre-contract due to his contract length or he'll be pretty decent and either leave at the end of his current deal or sign an extension and then be about 31 when that one is up.

A 27 year old on an 18 month contract tends not to have much resale value at our level regardless of how well he does(I reckon he'll do very well). Feel free to bookmark this and rub my face in it when he leaves for a fee.

Noted ;)

How is it negative? I'm casting not judgement on how well he will do with that statement.

Say he comes in and scores 30 goals in his first year? How much do you think he'll go for? Given he'd have 6 months left on his deal.

I get your point but I’d like to think we’ll be offering him an extended contract if he comes in and does well. I still think we’ll see him arrive here by the end of August. 

CloustonHMFC
35 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

One day we will hopefully be in a position to speculate to accumulate with players like Mitchell.....I just think it’s far too soon for us at the moment.

I can understand why you would say it’s too soon for us at the moment BUT why could we not start with Mitchell? If we want to move forward in that manner then why not sooner rather than later? I reckon we could easily pay the fee they’d want for him if we were willing. 

20 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

I can understand why you would say it’s too soon for us at the moment BUT why could we not start with Mitchell? If we want to move forward in that manner then why not sooner rather than later? I reckon we could easily pay the fee they’d want for him if we were willing. 

You are thinking like a football supporter.

We need to continue spending off the park over the next couple of years and until this is project is complete I doubt we’ll see any lavish purchases on the park.

49 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I got what you meant ??

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

His 18 month contract will start from 1/1/19.  If we get him before then you'd have to imagine that a new contract will be prepared which would subsume the one he has already signed - so it could finish up as a 3 year contract or whatever.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Id hope we have an option on him. I think basically saying he will leave for shit all suggests you thought he won't cut it. It's hard to judge what you're thinking from one post but it certainly didn't come across  a positive one 

2 hours ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Mitchell permanent would be some of the best business we have ever done. We can dream. Even a loan would be unbelievable.

Sign him permanently and I’ll guarantee we can afford to rebuild the other 3 stands in 2 years time!

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Le Chat said:

I disagree. Hearts are on UK wide tv a lot more than EFL clubs.

Make that worldwide tv.

Signing Demi will get more fans through the turnstiles which means more money to the club meaning we can push on this season and perhaps challenge for top 3 or even 2nd.

2 hours ago, Le Chat said:

No sure i agree with that overly, though can see what you’re saying.

Paterson, Armstrong, McGinn all got good moves. Interest in McKenna and more too.

You could even argue that excelling up here (with Man u on the CV too) gives him more options for next move as his price tag will be lower simply due to playing in Scotland. He’s also guaranteed a game which he may not be at Derby or Boro or whoever might just spend £10m at the drop of a hat to replace him.

Theres merits and pitfalls to all moves at this stage in a career i suppose. He genuinely seemed to enjoy his loan so hopefully that counts for something.

26 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Sign him permanently and I’ll guarantee we can afford to rebuild the other 3 stands in 2 years time!

The Demi Mitchell Filled Corners. I like it!!

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

You’ve got him leaving us on a free before he’s even joined??

16 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

You’ve got him leaving us on a free before he’s even joined??

Read thread, then post.

Maroonblood22

Struggling to see how anyone can take Taffin’s post the wrong way to be honest. Vanecek is much older than Demi and is coming in on only an 18 month contract meaning he would have much less likelihood of bringing us extra revenue in transfer funds further down the line. Simple economics of outlay vs return (financially). Still get a feeling he will be superb though!

Basically, Vanecek is already signed albeit in Jan, so if we have transfer funds available it would make more long term financial sense to spend it on bringing Demi in.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Groatallar said:

Bolton are now after him

Why on gods earth would anyone go to Bolton before Edinburgh? Other than Peter Kay that is.

I thought this was also an interesting quote in the article

Demetri Mitchell, if signed on loan, will likely act as a rotation player for Bolton, which is something that might hand Hearts the advantage.

William H. Bonney
15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Why on gods earth would anyone go to Bolton before Edinburgh? Other than Peter Kay that is.

Championship football. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Dino Velvet said:

Championship football. 

Shit hole.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Shit hole.

Of course it is, but that's not why he'd go there. Far more likely to be picked up by a top club in England playing for Bolton than you are for hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Of course it is, but that's not why he'd go there. Far more likely to be picked up by a top club in England playing for Bolton than you are for hearts. 

Probably, but EPL clubs will still send scouts up north and I think more managers in the leagues down South will take notice of any standouts in the SPL,

mind u it's probably more along the lines that what they are paying to take the same quality out of Scotland is an irrelevance to what they would be paying in England .

2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Whilst there's probably a fair amount of truth in that, the quality of the English Championship is hugely exaggerated both on JKB and by Scottish football fans in general. 

For what's it worth, I really don't think there's a huge amount between the bottom half of the English Championship and the top half of the Scottish Premiership. Having watched the odd Championship game over the last few seasons, the quality is invariably poor. It gets hyped up as such an exciting league purely because it tends to be so tight - I'd say that points to a league full of bang average teams rather than a league full of good teams. 

Getting back to Mitchell, I'd suggest he'd be far better up here than at Bolton. Here, he's guaranteed a start every week, will be challenging near the top of the league and competing for two cups. At Bolton his primary aim will be to avoid relegation, cups will be seen as an inconvenient distraction, and he might only play 50% of the games. 

With the success of guys like Robertson and Paterson down south, I think lower-end Premier League clubs will start to take more notice of the SPL and will hopefully begin to see it as something more than a tinpot league. 

William H. Bonney
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Probably, but EPL clubs will still send scouts up north and I think more managers in the leagues down South will take notice of any standouts in the SPL,

mind u it's probably more along the lines that what they are paying to take the same quality out of Scotland is an irrelevance to what they would be paying in England .

As an example, demi gets player of the year in Scotland and hearts sell him for 2.5 million. 

Same player of the year in the championship and Bolton sell him for 15 million. 

It's wrong but that's English football for you. 

It's a nice romantic idea to think he'd chose hearts but he's never going to play for a top 6 epl club if he does. 

3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

As an example, demi gets player of the year in Scotland and hearts sell him for 2.5 million. 

Same player of the year in the championship and Bolton sell him for 15 million. 

It's wrong but that's English football for you. 

It's a nice romantic idea to think he'd chose hearts but he's never going to play for a top 6 epl club if he does. 

Very true, such is the finances in the English game - your right, they could accelerate their financial potential much more quickly so that must appeal,

mind you for players in Europe who aren't recognised at the time coming to the SPL must be a good option and it is an opportunity to get noticed if they have ambitions and think they are good enough - probably more the target market we should be in,

Demi would be a great acquisition on the basis that we can land him - mind u, the longer it goes ....

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

or his younger brother Vernon....