Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

We should offer Man Utd 50% of any profit on a future transfer fee for Mitchell if we can persuade him to come north for a season or two.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• Agentjambo

rick witter
49 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We should offer Man Utd 50% of any profit on a future transfer fee for Mitchell if we can persuade him to come north for a season or two.

For that to happen he would need to sign a 2 year deal minimum which he would never do as there is too much money on offer in England wages wise. Our only option is another loan. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

To whom it may concern...

"Demetri Kareem Mitchell(born 11 January 1997) is an English professional footballerwho plays as a left-back[4]for Manchester United."

"Hearts have signed Manchester United left-back Demetri Mitchell on loan until the end of the season."

"Hearts still want Manchester United’s Demetri Mitchell back at Tynecastle next season despite signing the Australian full-back Ben Garuccio. 

Manager Craig Levein believes Garuccio’s style is similar to Mitchell’s but hopes United will again loan their defender to the Edinburgh club. Levein intends to carry two left-backs in his first-team squad and was pleased with Mitchell after loaning him from Old Trafford in January"

"“Hearts got in touch with United because they have been looking for a left-back and I seemed to fit the bill for them. I’ve been told Hearts have been needing a left-back for a while so hopefully, I can help out with that. My aim is to play as much as I can and help the team finish the season strongly.

“I have only turned into a left-back over the last two seasons. I was a winger or a wing-back before that. But Nicky Butt, the Under-23 manager at Manchester United [at the time],thoughtI did the defensive side of the game well. He moved me back there and I have been doing a lot of work to learn the position.

“I think I have been getting better at it. It feels more natural to me now and I’m adapting well. I can play as a wing-back if it’s five at the back, or at full-back if it’s a flat four.”"

5b4b800b9577b_ScreenShot2018-07-15at18_09_13.png.c53bf89dfb9eb111e49ecdb7f5fc6843.png

According to Mike McGrath of The Sun, Derby County could agree a deal with Manchester United for defender Demetri Mitchell. The 21-year-old, who spent last season on loan with Scottish side Hearts, is unlikely to feature in the first-team this coming campaign and could be available on a temporary or permanent basis.

New Derby manager Frank Lampard is keen to bring Mitchell to Pride Park as he builds a squad capable of challenging for the Championship playoffs in 2018/19. The left-back has risen from the youth ranks to the fringes of the first-team, featuring once for the senior squad after more than 30 games with the u18s and u23s, but his long-term future is uncertain.

With Ashley Young and Luke Shaw ahead of him in the pecking order, coupled with his lack of first-team appearances in recent years, Mitchell may have to leave permanently to get regular competitive football. He could be open to a move to Derby this summer as a result.  The report states Lampard could agree a £500k deal to bring Mitchell to the club, with United unlikely to fight to keep a player they have seldom used in the senior squad.

Edited by CJGJ

Levein on Mitchell ;

The Hearts boss said: "Demetri did exceptionally well when he was with us in the second half of last season so it is something I am still looking at.

"There are no decisions to be made just now, he is away with Manchester United to America. We will see."

Bazzas right boot

Get the £500k bid chucked in. 

£7k a week

3 year deal, Big signing on fee. 

Buy out clause from a club Downsouth , £4m. 

Joab's a gid un'. 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

£7k a week

Joab's a gid un'. 

When we get away from infrastructure this is exactly the typwof signing we should be making.. still not sure demi woukd see his future up here and at 500k I'd be amazed if he isn't picked up by a decent championship side.. he will have a good career

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

£7k a week

Joab's a gid un'. 

400k too much. We get Maybury or Maybs as he was nicknamed for 100k

Edited by rudi must stay

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

When we get away from infrastructure this is exactly the typwof signing we should be making.. still not sure demi woukd see his future up here and at 500k I'd be amazed if he isn't picked up by a decent championship side.. he will have a good career

There is no way Hearts will be spending £500k on anyone, and we won't be breaking our wage structure either.

Say we spent that money and he picked up a couple of injuries and missed most of the season, how can we afford to pay him?  He did have a few injuries last year remember.

He was a good player for us, but is completely out of our price range, so time to move on.

On 15/07/2018 at 22:11, CJGJ said:

According to Mike McGrath of The Sun, Derby County could agree a deal with Manchester United for defender Demetri Mitchell. The 21-year-old, who spent last season on loan with Scottish side Hearts, is unlikely to feature in the first-team this coming campaign and could be available on a temporary or permanent basis.

New Derby manager Frank Lampard is keen to bring Mitchell to Pride Park as he builds a squad capable of challenging for the Championship playoffs in 2018/19. The left-back has risen from the youth ranks to the fringes of the first-team, featuring once for the senior squad after more than 30 games with the u18s and u23s, but his long-term future is uncertain.

With Ashley Young and Luke Shaw ahead of him in the pecking order, coupled with his lack of first-team appearances in recent years, Mitchell may have to leave permanently to get regular competitive football. He could be open to a move to Derby this summer as a result.  The report states Lampard could agree a £500k deal to bring Mitchell to the club, with United unlikely to fight to keep a player they have seldom used in the senior squad.

Young is not getting any younger and has had a very long season. Mourinho has openly criticised Shaw and he is prone to injury so he may just want to keep Mutchell around for another season at leasr.

If that is correct then we would stand a better chance of getting Mitchell on another loan deal 

I guess if Man U know they don’t want him we have no chance, as they will sell him.

If Man U want to see how he gets on for a full season in a first team before extending his contract we have a small chance.

Cant help think that they’d prefer to see him on loan in the English Championship though.

Defenders: Antonio Valencia, Matteo Darmian, Diogo Dalot, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, RoShaun Williams, Chris Smalling, Eric Bailly, Axel Tuanzebe, Demetri Mitchell, Luke Shaw

Tin hat on here but do we actually NEED Mitchell as opposed to would like to have him?

He is a talented player, of that there is no doubt but he is not a brilliant defender so that pretty well rules him out as a LB.  That I believe is where Mourinho would want him to get experience.

At wing back we have Garruccio and Burns sounds promising with Moore as a fall-back option.

Should we take him and give experience to a Man U player or should we concentrate on our own permanent signings?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Tin hat on here but do we actually NEED Mitchell as opposed to would like to have him?

He is a talented player, of that there is no doubt but he is not a brilliant defender so that pretty well rules him out as a LB.  That I believe is where Mourinho would want him to get experience.

At wing back we have Garruccio and Burns sounds promising with Moore as a fall-back option.

Should we take him and give experience to a Man U player or should we concentrate on our own permanent signings?

Yup I see your point however DM is a quality player and would be an asset to our team either at LB or LM, I Do believe he will go on to greater things poss even playing for a top prem team in the future.

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Mitchell is proven class the others haven't.  I would hazard an educated guess he will be much better than the players you mention. 

Played 60 minutes for Man Utd against Club America last night.

Edited by 8skacel8

2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Played 60 minutes for Man Utd last night against Club America last night.

Good, he'll be match fit for when he comes back to us :whistling:

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Played 60 minutes for Man Utd against Club America last night.

Good apparently the mancs struggled! 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 18/07/2018 at 10:37, JamboAl said:

You would have to be able to comprehend the difference in class to understand 

24 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Good apparently the mancs struggled! 

He reportedly played well for the hour he was on. :sob: 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You would have to be able to comprehend the difference in class to understand 

You would also need to understand the finances.

Looked at in isolation signing him is a no brainer.

On 16/07/2018 at 19:26, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

£7k a week

Joab's a gid un'. 

This would be delighted if we could afford him guy has mad potienal would just be glad if we could even get him back on loan his goal last season in the cup against St Johnstone :sweeet:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You would also need to understand the finances.

Looked at in isolation signing him is a no brainer.

I do. He remains a target 

3 hours ago, kila said:

Good, he'll be match fit for when he comes back to us :whistling:

:D :toasting:

30 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Always thought he looked like he would be far, far more suited to playing as a left sided forward or winger.

If by some miracle we do manage to get him back, then he would be perfect for that role...and get someone else in for left back to compete with Garuccio.

38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I do. He remains a target 

That's good.  Are Man U giving us the same deal as we had last season or are we having to pay extra now that he is a target for other English teams?

Cruyff Turn

If he impresses as much as he has so far then I don't think we have a hope in hell of keeping him tbh and I reckon Mourinho will keep him. Mourinho gave McTominay his chance and I think he'll do the same with Mitchell this year. 

Man Utd have Young to come back, they've got Shaw who will be getting punted as soon as possible, Juve want Darmian who can play there, Marcus Rojo can play there but predominantly a CB and they've just let Blind go to Ajax

If they don't sign another Left Back I think he has every chance of making the grade at Man Utd, he is certainly a good enough player. He's better than any current England International was in that position at 20/21 years old. 

We should probably start looking for a replacement that preferably isn't Lee Wallace, unless CL is converting Mulraney into that position long term. I'd be surprised, shocked and delighted if we got him now.

If Mourinho is inclined to let him go, either permanently or on loan, as soon as a top half English Champ team(Derby quoted as interested)are on the case, we can forget it. We can romanticise all we like about how he enjoyed his time here, or how Mourinho will like how much we'll bring him on if he's getting regular game time here...blah de blah...money will talk, and we can't compete unfortunately. Demi's now on other clubs radars and that blows us away. 

Even from the players point of view...where would he rather play?....

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2017-2018/1/

I'd love to be wrong mind you...just can't see it.

BlingCrosby
34 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If he impresses as much as he has so far then I don't think we have a hope in hell of keeping him tbh and I reckon Mourinho will keep him. Mourinho gave McTominay his chance and I think he'll do the same with Mitchell this year. 

Man Utd have Young to come back, they've got Shaw who will be getting punted as soon as possible, Juve want Darmian who can play there, Marcus Rojo can play there but predominantly a CB and they've just let Blind go to Ajax

If they don't sign another Left Back I think he has every chance of making the grade at Man Utd, he is certainly a good enough player. He's better than any current England International was in that position at 20/21 years old. 

We should probably start looking for a replacement that preferably isn't Lee Wallace, unless CL is converting Mulraney into that position long term. I'd be surprised, shocked and delighted if we got him now.

Being optimistic, the silver lining may be that United gain a bit of trust in us as a good place to develop some of their more talented youngsters. Could land another gem or two on loan. 

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, BlingCrosby said:

Being optimistic, the silver lining may be that United gain a bit of trust in us as a good place to develop some of their more talented youngsters. Could land another gem or two on loan. 

Very good point chief, Demetri wanted to come back here and it was a good learning curve for the lad. Hopefully others could follow.

Him doing well could be a good thing for us. If they want to keep him then there is more chance of another loan. He will develop more playing 30+ games for us rather than 3 League cup games for them. However if they want rid then he’ll go permanently to a Derby or whoever in the Championship.

I can see him playing a part for man Utd this season. 

I've seen far worse players given opportunities at that level. 

He is good. Very good. 

8 minutes ago, Garrincha said:

Him doing well could be a good thing for us. If they want to keep him then there is more chance of another loan. He will develop more playing 30+ games for us rather than 3 League cup games for them. However if they want rid then he’ll go permanently to a Derby or whoever in the Championship.

We will hopefully be in the running for some more of their prospects too.

37 minutes ago, BlingCrosby said:

Levein has a good relationship with the man in charge of the academy, I can see others come up in the future.  Demi though no chance. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That's good.  Are Man U giving us the same deal as we had last season or are we having to pay extra now that he is a target for other English teams?

Wait and see. That's the clear message from Hearts management. Unless you know better of course?

He's a player I genuinely want to succeed in the game. He put his money in while here which he didn't need to do, and he played well on the pitch. If we get him back then great for us, but I'd prefer that whatever happens to the guy, is what he wants...

20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wait and see. That's the clear message from Hearts management. Unless you know better of course?

I don't know better: merely an opinion.

I shall bow to your superior knowledge.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

We are lowballing our best striker since Robbo and people think we will offer this guy 7k?

OK then. ? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know better: merely an opinion.

I shall bow to your superior knowledge.

Craig Leveins not mine. I just read the information. He is my preference over JamboAl if I am brutally honest 

23 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

We are lowballing our best striker since Robbo and people think we will offer this guy 7k?

OK then. ? 

Behave

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Craig Leveins not mine. I just read the information. He is my preference over JamboAl if I am brutally honest 

He did say DM was on his target list which isn't the same as saying we're going to get him  - unless CL confided that in you.

I also read somewhere that after signing Doyle CL said he was now finished with signings so it would be wise for me to wait and see.

33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He did say DM was on his target list which isn't the same as saying we're going to get him  - unless CL confided that in you.

I also read somewhere that after signing Doyle CL said he was now finished with signings so it would be wise for me to wait and see.

He said otherwise in the Press Conference today which was on Hearts TV but did say we were close to where he thinks the squad should be, I suspect 2-3 more.

19 minutes ago, JME said:

He said otherwise in the Press Conference today which was on Hearts TV but did say we were close to where he thinks the squad should be, I suspect 2-3 more.

I think what he will be waiting on is players leaving now. Free up some wages and look into the free agent market nearer the window closing. 

Martin needs to go.

I wonder if Currie and Zanatta surprised him in the recent friendlies. I think they performed really well. We seem to be less interested in signing more width and pace all of a sudden. Perhaps there is a place for them now whereas a month ago you would expect them to be back out on loan. 

34 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think what he will be waiting on is players leaving now. Free up some wages and look into the free agent market nearer the window closing. 

Martin needs to go.

I wonder if Currie and Zanatta surprised him in the recent friendlies. I think they performed really well. We seem to be less interested in signing more width and pace all of a sudden. Perhaps there is a place for them now whereas a month ago you would expect them to be back out on loan. 

Yeah that is most likely, the difficult bit is over now with the whole squad overhaul and I think he's done a good job. Now we have the rest of the window to take our time now and pick and choose.

I've only seen Zanatta play the once when he scored a goal on his debut but he impressed me, I hope kicks on it sounds like he had a decent pre-season. 

Currie has never stood out in the first team to me (not in anyway saying he isn't a good player I just can't remember anything noteworthy) but saying that he as I can recall he was only given 20 mins here and there. I think the few goals he scored against Forfar will do him a world of good coming back from injury, if he kicks on in the reserves then he'll get his shot this year same goes with Zanatta. I really enjoy seeing the youngsters in the team, just need to get the right blend.

Also on the width and pace comment, that will be coming from the wing backs which I have no problem with, it means we have more body's in the centre to win the battle. Watching the Cove game on Hearts TV I was impressed with how Mulraney and Morrison bombed up and down the wings, although we'll need to wait and see how they would fare defensively against better opponents.

Edited by JME