Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

1 minute ago, Barack said:

There's an apostrophe missing in "I'll"...

::troll::

This is harrassment!!! Bloody Welsh bully! 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• Agentjambo

49 minutes ago, sadj said:

Did Borthwick-Jackson not have a mare on loan last year?

17 minutes ago, livi said:

Was he at Stud.  :cornette:

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Short, for "nightmare." As I'm sure you know fine well.  Seems Sadj is missing an apostrophe before the 'm'. Scandalous grammar.

Quite why that deserves a cornette...?

It was Fergie who had the ‘mare, mate:

2FB8E836-3C30-4A98-8F6B-F41549AFE72C.png

• 2 weeks later...

Man Utd just re-loaned a youth player back to Villa.

perhaps we will see something with Demi soon 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-mitchell-dalot-transfer-14750667

Another one.

If we get him back, I think its massive.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-want-demetri-mitchell-to-return-despite-garuccio-swoop-1-4748053

And confirmation of our previous intent to go back for him. Also an interesting comment from Levein, on how we can afford to be more adventurous on the left side.

Edited by Sir Gio

He's way too good for us, only blessing is that he is at Man Utd.  Would be massive getting him back but not pinning any hopes on it as I think he will end up at some Championship team over the next week or so.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

He's way too good for us, only blessing is that he is at Man Utd.  Would be massive getting him back but not pinning any hopes on it as I think he will end up at some Championship team over the next week or so.

He has until Thursday 5pm to join another English club.

6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I agree, it would be a huge boost to have him back this season

Would make him and Naisy the signings of the summer.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Loan window is open till Aug 31st for non- English prem teams unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

On a permanent, yes. 

7 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I’d say he’s way too good for us in an attacking sense, but he still has a wee bit to learn on the defensive side, which is understandable given that they only turned him into a winger a year or two ago.

(A few goals we conceeded when he was playing were his fault). 

Hearts are an ideal place for him to do that with Berra alongside him and Levein in charge. 

I would be delighted to have him back, despite the fact I don’t think he is the finished article defensively, because I think his attacking skill more than makes up for it.

Safe to say he will go on to a higher level than us.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Would make him and Naisy the signings of the summer.

Indeed!  I'm excited by the thought of Demi wreaking havoc on the left and wee Calumn on the right, big Uche bullying the defence, Naisy and MacLean pulling opponents out of place and big goal machine Haring tucking away the chances!

17 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I agree, it would be a huge boost to have him back this season

If Demi returned I'd cream myself and post it on youtube.

Please let this happen.

Demi back would be fantastic. 

Feel though we need another quality central defender if Haring is being used in midfield. 

All other areas of the team are well covered but would be a worry if Berra and /or Soapy missing. Not sure if Baur is the answer and Hamilton probably a year away.

Sort that and we will have a tremendous squad.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Demi back would be fantastic. 

Feel though we need another quality central defender if Haring is being used in midfield. 

All other areas of the team are well covered but would be a worry if Berra and /or Soapy missing. Not sure if Baur is the answer and Hamilton probably a year away.

Sort that and we will have a tremendous squad.

Haring will probably go back the way into defence once Djoum and Harry come back in, plus I'm convinced there will be another midfielder to arrive, with width even if its not Demi.

Versatility of Peter Haring has been an enormous boost this early.

So Make Some Noise..

I'm interested to see what happens with Demi after reading Nicky Butt's comments about how if a player hasn't broken into the team by 21 he won't be at Utd. It suggests Demi needs to stay and be part of the first team or move on permanently.

28 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Indeed!  I'm excited by the thought of Demi wreaking havoc on the left and wee Calumn on the right, big Uche bullying the defence, Naisy and MacLean pulling opponents out of place and big goal machine Haring tucking away the chances!

Stop it!

:sweeet:

24 minutes ago, Marvin said:

If Demi returned I'd cream myself and post it to you in a tube.

Please help me let this happen.

Ftfy

:) 

I think if he isn't signed permanently by another club by tomorrow our chances of getting him increase.

If it is to be a loan then unless it was to another EPL club he'd probably prefer the devil he knows and his wages won't suffer by choosing us over a Championship club.

We might just have the cash to buy him - stranger things have happened - or he might do a deal to get released by Man U if he is told he isn't going to feature and no English club has ponied up with any cash....

Shovelly Joe

Personally I don’t think anyone is too good for us.  To be a big club we have to be ambitious and act like a big club.  We’ve got a lot to offer and players like Mitchell should be honoured to play for Heart of Midlothian not the other way round. Great player though ??

16 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

According to boys at work hibs have made a approach for him. Praying it's a joke 

He wouldn’t get a game for Stevenson ?

19 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

According to boys at work hibs have made a approach for him. Praying it's a joke 

Do we still want him? 

Garrucio has been awesome.

21 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

He wont be playing in Scotland this season. Not a chance. 

Just now, Bauld said:

Do we still want him? 

Garrucio has been awesome.

I'd be surprised if Demi could better Garuccio's free kick!

Less of a need to get Demi now but I'd still love him back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Read the link I posted earlier.  Explains the thought process 2 left sided wing back types wanted.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

I'd be surprised if Demi could better Garuccio's free kick!

Less of a need to get Demi now but I'd still love him back

Lets put it this way - I wouldn’t want the ****ing hobos to get him!

13 minutes ago, livi said:

He wouldn’t get a game for Stevenson ?

31 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

"Boys at work"  Hibs supporters?

Clearly a joke if so.

40 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

Course they are....

14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Course they are....

They did try get izaguiree so ovb looking at left back options. Why wouldn't they be interested in Mitchell? 

Garuccio has been quality so far but Demi has that wow factor in his locker which we need against Celtic, the huns, Aberdeen and hibs. 

Hopefully he gives us another season. 

39 minutes ago, Marvin said:

:rofl: I take it you want me to post some to you too? :D

Nah, yer awright.

:wink: 

1 hour ago, Bigkyle said:

:fth:

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

They did try get izaguiree so ovb looking at left back options. Why wouldn't they be interested in Mitchell? 

There's going down a level and then going down a level.. Demi wouldn't go to those tramps

Son Of Anarchy

Would absolutely love Demi to return. He's said numerous times how much he enjoyed it here. Heard a wee rumour I'll sit on for now but I'd suggest Garrucio will be making that position his own permanently.

2 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Would absolutely love Demi to return. He's said numerous times how much he enjoyed it here. Heard a wee rumour I'll sit on for now but I'd suggest Garrucio will be making that position his own permanently.

:interehjrling::levein_interesting:

I’d be gobsmacked if Man Utd lent him back. I’d imagine there would be major interest down south for him and if they are serious in developing him for their first team then he’ll likely head to lower premiership / top end championship for a spell.

id be over the moon but also Levein will be thinking about Garrucio and although he’s not a Demi it would be hard on the lad to make way now.

Mitchell is an outstanding player who would improve us immeasurably though as we know.

as for Hibs ? I would doubt he would entertain that for half a second. He is a member of the FOH I believe (or was) and loved it here

Edited by 1971fozzy

Son Of Anarchy
1 minute ago, jamdunc said:

:interehjrling::levein_interesting:

Lol, it's nothing mate. Demi mentioned something to a mate and that grew legs by him thinking too deep about it. 

BackOfTheNet

Noticed Rangers signed two players from Liverpool, always thought you were limited to one player per club on loan. I’d say if we’re going for Mitchell again we also see if he has any mates he’d like to flat share with for a season from their U23 team that could assist in positions we need.

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’d be gobsmacked if Man Utd lent him back. I’d imagine there would be major interest down south for him and if they are serious in developing him for their first team then he’ll likely head to lower premiership / top end championship for a spell.

id be over the moon but also Levein will be thinking about Garrucio and although he’s not a Demi it would be hard on the lad to make way now.

Mitchell is an outstanding player who would improve us immeasurably though as we know.

as for Hibs ? I would doubt he would entertain that for half a second. He is a member of the FOH I believe (or was) and loved it here

He will be leaving United on a perm this summer if Utd get his way.  If not they will loan him down there to shop window him. 

15 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Edited by HoGwash