Top Posters In This Topic

• Top Corner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Uche was quite against Celtic. 

Hassled their defence all game and got an assist. :laugh:

No way he is being serious. Fishing trip imo.

So many posters on here seem to be the sort that if told they'd won £1m would either complain it wasn't £1,000,001 or that they could have done with it before or that they've heard someone else won more than them.

Most of the anti-Levein faction said they'd give him this transfer window to prove himself, if we'd been punted from the League Cup and lost to Celtic they'd no doubt be sharpening the knives, wonder what they think now?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Bez said:

No way he is being serious. Fishing trip imo.

The worst of it is I think he was being serious. ?

jacklivi1874
4 minutes ago, Macros said:

So many posters on here seem to be the sort that if told they'd won £1m would either complain it wasn't £1,000,001 or that they could have done with it before or that they've heard someone else won more than them.

Most of the anti-Levein faction said they'd give him this transfer window to prove himself, if we'd been punted from the League Cup and lost to Celtic they'd no doubt be sharpening the knives, wonder what they think now?

This

Off topic a bit but the ones on here  who said the mutant would be a bench warmer  and up  Rd come January

26 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Jury still very much out on him. He played like a League 2 player at Dunfermline! No idea how he did at Cambridge but a lot of good players start in the lower leagues. Sow is going the other direction and I think we’ve seen the best of him. I don’t see him getting much game time, even if he isn’t injured most of the time.

He didn’t play well against Dunfermline I’ll give you that Fozzy. He did cause Celtic all sorts of problems though and Hamilton also struggled to contain him. I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far. Every player can have a bad game now and again even against weaker opposition. 

5 minutes ago, Macros said:

I was thinking similar, if they won the lottery they would be annoyed it wasn't a rollover week :laugh:

People going on about Uche’s one bad performance...

FFS, Lafferty was shite every minute he played of the league cup group games.

Twisted agendas all over the place.

Edited by Jammy T

Uche suffered form a lack of support against Dunfermline.  He was still getting on the ball and holding it up, but too often was far too isolated and had nobody to lay the ball off to.

Strummerville

People going on about uches performance last week, he ran himself into the ground against Celtic and was on the turf at full time. Yet he still lasted throughout v Dunfermline.

Delighted with sow if he signs, players fit clubs and sow is one of them.

jamboinglasgow

Looking at past videos of Sow when he was with us, it reminded me that Djoum played his best football with Sow. Think he will do that again.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Looking at past videos of Sow when he was with us, it reminded me that Djoum played his best football with Sow. Think he will do that again.

They did seem to link up fairly well, would be good to see more of that this season.

ArmiyaRomanova

Really hope this happens, I really enjoyed watching him, and he clearly did the business for us - and I think could do again.

Sow in the run up to leaving was tremendous.  If he gets near that level he'd be a great signing.  Obvious question marks over his fitness but a gamble worth taking for me.

Low risk, high upside.

I loved big Sow. Is he better than Lafferty? Goalscoring wise obviously not. But he had troubles with injury and Sow has some unfinished business are Hearts. Guarantee he’ll score his first goal against Hibs.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I am also glad Teplice are getting nothing in the way of a transfer fee.

I want the guy in now, fee or no fee. Bugger waiting 'til January.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I loved big Sow. Is he better than Lafferty? Goalscoring wise obviously not. But he had troubles with injury and Sow has some unfinished business are Hearts. Guarantee he’ll score his first goal against Hibs.

Why obviously not?

Stats I saw earlier showed otherwise.

Graham Thomson
3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Makes no sense to pay a fee when we get him for nothing in Jan, with Sow we are now well covered for strikers, and and we can use any money left to perhaps cover an area where we are a bit short.

jamboinglasgow

One thing is that if its a year long loan, it really stacks the strikers with Ikpeazu, Sow, McLean, Venecek, Naismith and Keena. With Naismith playing as an attacking midfielder. Still means we have 5 first team strikers. Would imagine Keena would be put out on loan. I would have thought with Venecek looking likely to be only here in January, I would have thought that we would only look for cover in the first half of the season. I am not saying that I am not pleased to get Sow, just curious about Levein's plan.

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why obviously not?

Stats I saw earlier showed otherwise.

For us. Obviously not.

Sow

Always believe in your goals

You have the power, you know

Your left foot is magica-a-al

Always believe i-in

Osman Sow!

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

We,  the fans,  DESERVE and are ENTITLED to know the exact details of the medical results.     

I have it on excellent authority (but I can't say who it is ;) ) that everything in the medical review was normal with the slight exception that one (and I really can't say which one) of his chuckies hangs three quarters of a centimetre lower than the other. And his septum is slightly deviated. To the left; not that it matters. 

I also have it on very good authority that the transfer fee for Lafferty I'd definitely NOT £690k.

If he's fit then I'm 100% on board.

Great player who can make things happen for himself and the team.

I actually prefer him to Kyle.

6 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Oh but he has :D

Absolutely loved the away goals at Ibrox and Palmerston. A lot of great memories from that season.

Remember running into @Le Chat on the terrace and standing beside a crew of nutters with him for the game. :laugh:

Granted his stats don't look great since he left us, and he's suffered from injury, but it can be difficult for a player to settle into a new environment and try to win over a new set of fans.  But he's coming back to a club where he enjoyed probably the best spell of his career and he'll feel the love as soon as he steps back onto the pitch for us.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One thing is that if its a year long loan, it really stacks the strikers with Ikpeazu, Sow, McLean, Venecek, Naismith and Keena. With Naismith playing as an attacking midfielder. Still means we have 5 first team strikers. Would imagine Keena would be put out on loan. I would have thought with Venecek looking likely to be only here in January, I would have thought that we would only look for cover in the first half of the season. I am not saying that I am not pleased to get Sow, just curious about Levein's plan.

Id be tempted to put Keena out on loan to Dundee until January then see where we are at with him. I reckon he deserves a chance but we are quite stacked if Sow and Vanecek come in. 

Going to Dundee who create a lot of chances could prove good for him and obviously weaken them against us.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Id be tempted to put Keena out on loan to Dundee until January then see where we are at with him. I reckon he deserves a chance but we are quite stacked if Sow and Vanecek come in. 

Going to Dundee who create a lot of chances could prove good for him and obviously weaken them against us.

Keena will most likely get a season on loan and take over from McLean at the beginning of next season.

Who knows? Maybe McLean will stay another year.

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

If he's fit then I'm 100% on board.

Great player who can make things happen for himself and the team.

I actually prefer him to Kyle.

Will he celebrate though?

If this is near accurate, half on the new stand and the rest on getting Vanacek in early.

Really get the feeling Levein has the bit between his teeth this season which is great.

Stephen Muddie
6 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

The worst of it is I think he was being serious. ?

This place is freaking me out lately.

It's all about opinions sure, but opinions aren't fact. Fact is he was a real problem for Celtic. 

I read a thread where souttar was being slated for his pars performance. Strange I thought, seeing as my dad and brother were at the game and both said nobody turned up apart from zlamal and souttar, the latter described as best hearts player on the day.

Edited by Stephen Muddie
Gwamma

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

Will he celebrate though?

He's too cool. 

As long as he keeps scoring then he can celebrate however he wants.

5 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Get the wallet oot then big guy!

4 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Sow

Always believe in your goals

You have the power, you know

Your left foot is magica-a-al

Always believe i-in

Osman Sow!

Brilliant tune! 

Rudi’s stats were not good away from us. 

We we worried about his fitness. 

Him and Uche are going to scare the shit out of the enemy. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Keena will most likely get a season on loan and take over from McLean at the beginning of next season.

Who knows? Maybe McLean will stay another year.

McLean signed 2 year contract 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

McLean signed 2 year contract 

Thought is was one year?

Ah well. Looks like he's definitely got some game left in him.

BackOfTheNet
6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

For comparisons, if we just take their respective seasons in the top flight:

LEAGUE (15/16 & 17/18)

Sow - 9 in 23 (39%)

Lafferty - 12 in 35 (34%)

CUPS (15/16 & 17/18)

Sow - 2 in 4 (50%)

Lafferty - 7 in 6 (116%)

OVERALL (15/16 & 17/18)

Sow - 11 in 27 (41%)

Lafferty - 19 in 41 (46%)

However if we discount the 14/15 league goals as it’s Championship level (although in the Lafferty thread folk jumped down my throat for discounting lower league goals when it came to cups so maybe I shouldn’t) and focus on top flight league games and ALL cup games the stats look like this:

TOTAL TOP FLIGHT LEAGUE + CUP GAMES

Sow - 12 in 30 (40%)

Lafferty - 20 in 48 (42%)

If we just put it all together (including Championship league goals):

OVERALL

Sow - 23 in 52 (44%)

So saying “obviously not” as good goal scoring wise is subject to debate at the very least. Both haven’t been prolific outside of Hearts really, and I’d be curious to see what Sow’s assists stats were as we know Lafferty’s were zero.

Smith&Weston

Selling Osman Sow when we did was the reason the 2nd half of that season started our spiral downwards.  A fit Sow was fantastic for Hearts and look forward to having the big man back.

13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

For comparisons, if we just take their respective seasons in the top flight:

LEAGUE (15/16 & 17/18)

Sow - 9 in 23 (39%)

Lafferty - 12 in 35 (34%)

CUPS (15/16 & 17/18)

Sow - 2 in 4 (50%)

Lafferty - 7 in 6 (116%)

OVERALL (15/16 & 17/18)

Sow - 11 in 27 (41%)

Lafferty - 19 in 41 (46%)

However if we discount the 14/15 league goals as it’s Championship level (although in the Lafferty thread folk jumped down my throat for discounting lower league goals when it came to cups so maybe I shouldn’t) and focus on top flight league games and ALL cup games the stats look like this:

TOTAL TOP FLIGHT LEAGUE + CUP GAMES

Sow - 12 in 30 (40%)

If we just put it all together (including Championship league goals):

OVERALL

Sow - 23 in 52 (44%)

So saying “obviously not” as good goal scoring wise is subject to debate at the very least. Both haven’t been prolific outside of Hearts really, and I’d be curious to see what Sow’s assists stats were as we know Lafferty’s were zero.

Don’t include league cup goals in Lafferty’s tally against lower opposition if you are discounting Sow’s championship season. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
57 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Thought is was one year?

Ah well. Looks like he's definitely got some game left in him.

Defo 2 years 

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, kila said:

Don’t include league cup goals in Lafferty’s tally against lower opposition if you are discounting Sow’s championship season. 

Well you’ll see in my post I try and cover every angle. As for every person like yourself that would make that point, there will be plenty who would make the point that Championship level isn’t comparable to what Lafferty played at. But you’ll see not only do I break down top flight goals comparisons, I also add on the cups to that for one season, then add on cups in total and then end with overall stats at Hearts for both at all levels. Fair, no?

6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I have it on excellent authority (but I can't say who it is ;) ) that everything in the medical review was normal with the slight exception that one (and I really can't say which one) of his chuckies hangs three quarters of a centimetre lower than the other. And his septum is slightly deviated. To the left; not that it matters. 

I also have it on very good authority that the transfer fee for Lafferty I'd definitely NOT £690k.

So his long and short balls should be impressive! 

Alex Kintner
11 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Dazajambo has contacts around the club and has been right on a good few occasions some on here seem to be jealous of that fact they know who they are. 

Yeah. Really strange behaviour. Can only think it’s jealousy making them so irate. 

10 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Some amount of throbbers on here tonight.

Thats inside info BTW so run along and tell all your pals about some screamer from JKB being ITK.

:jjyay:

8 hours ago, ericb said:

Would prefer to sign osman rather than a loan ☹️

English window is closed, so a loan is all that can be arranged at this time.  I think at the end of this season Sow's contract with MKD is up.