David Vanecek

kimosavi

Wonder how much Teplice paid to bring that striker back? Maybe they now relying upon us buying Vanecek to balance the their books a little or did they get him cheap/free?

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Jammy T

Assuming midnight UK time is the deadline there's still plenty of time to go.  For me, I'm not fussy either way.  Our squad is already super strong imo and I'm happy to wait till January now.  Will be delighted if we dont lose anyone like Souttar.

Rather pleased too that it appears Allan is leaving the cabbages.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Assuming midnight UK time is the deadline there's still plenty of time to go.  For me, I'm not fussy either way.  Our squad is already super strong imo and I'm happy to wait till January now.  Will be delighted if we dont lose anyone like Souttar.

key thing is the EFL window has now shut so we would be unlikely to lose players

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

key thing is the EFL window has now shut so we would be unlikely to lose players

Forgot that.

TyphoonJambo

I refuse to believe we’ll let two forwards leave without a replacement 

30 minutes ago, kila said:

Wonder how much Teplice paid to bring that striker back? Maybe they now relying upon us buying Vanecek to balance the their books a little or did they get him cheap/free?

Did say on their website that their new man had turned down offers from other clubs ,so I wonder if offers were all money related and if Teplice were getting money from us that allowed them to offer their new striker more.

Banderson saying we have said no more tonight now. However free agents can still sign for defence I suppose. I notice Russell Martin been released

Fxxx the SPFL

Can't see this happening now unless he was over here earlier as their are no flights from czech republic to edinburgh 

34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

:spoton: Doug.  They have about a zero midfield now which is what made them strong last season.

Feck them and all that sail in her. :) 

It’ll be really underwhelming if we’ve let KL go and only brought in Wighton. 

Ok maybe Teplice won’t play ball but with the Sow talk etc there was optimism that our best striker leaving would be off set by something appealing occurring the other way. 

Wee bit disappointed but that’s the way business goes sometimes.

If his clubs not playing ball then there’s nothing we can do about it so we wait and if nothing else it’ll be a huge lift for the club when he arrives in January. 

With craig signing we probably have enough to get to January (barring a really unlucky injury list).

i still can’t believe we let Keena go if we don’t have Vanecek lined up this window though, so I live in hope until midnight with my bottle of Malbec 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

If his clubs not playing ball then there’s nothing we can do about it so we wait and if nothing else it’ll be a huge lift for the club when he arrives in January. 

With craig signing we probably have enough to get to January (barring a really unlucky injury list).

i still can’t believe we let Keena go if we don’t have Vanecek lined up this window though, so I live in hope until midnight with my bottle of Malbec 

Keena is injured right now anyway, needs to get back to fitness and game sharpness first

Just now, kila said:

Keena is injured right now anyway, needs to get back to fitness and game sharpness first

Ah, I never knew that . 

Phil D. Corners
17 minutes ago, bazman said:

Banderson saying we have said no more tonight now. However free agents can still sign for defence I suppose. I notice Russell Martin been released

Still going to be smashing F5. 

Can we recall Keena if we have an injury crisis?

I want to believe Banderson is wrong. Letting our backup striker go out on loan without a deal secured for another feels like a really unwise move.

Rocky jamboa

A bit disappointing if it's true about no more signings. We had lafferty. There was talk of sow and vanecek coming in too and now we don't have any of them! 

Did the club not say we'd be stronger by the end of the window? Doesn't look like it. 

7 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I want to believe Banderson is wrong. Letting our backup striker go out on loan without a deal secured for another feels like a really unwise move.

Not just him but Zanatta and Currie too

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

A bit disappointing if it's true about no more signings. We had lafferty. There was talk of sow and vanecek coming in too and now we don't have any of them! 

Did the club not say we'd be stronger by the end of the window? Doesn't look like it. 

Leeveen oot!   

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Not sure what it is that is wrong with him but as far as I'm aware he is still carrying an injury of sorts and it will be a wee while until he is ready to play for Dunfermline. However, I'd imagine it cannot be terribly bad as I can't imagine any club would sign someone if they weren't going to get much game time out of them.

Have we ever announced 11th hour signings?

I can only recall feeling disappointed when I switched on Sky Sports News in the morning hoping there'd been late signings.  

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I can only recall feeling disappointed when I switched on Sky Sports News in the morning hoping there'd been late signings.  

John Souttar 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Was Ryan Stevenson not a late signing? When we got him first time around from Ayr? Might be wrong.

BRAVEHEART1874
2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Exactly why let laff go ? yes da flute wants to play for the glory hunter ok but tough you get a replacement in to cover  not just some young kid

StevenNaismith
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure what it is that is wrong with him but as far as I'm aware he is still carrying an injury of sorts and it will be a wee while until he is ready to play for Dunfermline. However, I'd imagine it cannot be terribly bad as I can't imagine any club would sign someone if they weren't going to get much game time out of them.

He’s had a hernia operation.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Can't believe he's not signed. Really thought he was a  Cert.  One chance to challenge, hope we've not missed it.

TyphoonJambo

If we don’t get a third striker and a replacement CB in,  I honestly think we’ve missed a great chance to make history. Why the hell did we let Keena go?

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

It’s not happening folks. 

No shit Sherlock ?️♀️ 

Barry Anderson says there will be "no more signings before the Transfer window closes". This makes no difference to say, someone like Macaulay who is a free Agent. I suspect we will sign another couple of players but from the free agent market. Still have a suspicion we may get Vanecek, not sure why, just do...

Deadline day is a bit of damp squib compared to years gone by. Probably not been the same since the credit crunch. :)

Always quite enjoyed Sportsound's "through the window" prog. Particularly the January window of 2006 when Romanov went tonto. Jim Duffy had been appointed as Rix's assistant and Richard Gordon read out a text message from a random Jambo. It started with the usual "welcome to Hearts etc." then, before RG could stop himself, "we'll need someone to carry the hamper". 

Probably the most awkward moment I've heard/read on social media. 

Hamper must have been some heavy burden. Duffy only humphed it around for a few weeks. 

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

Deadline day is a bit of damp squib compared to years gone by. Probably not been the same since the credit crunch. :)

Always quite enjoyed Sportsound's "through the window" prog. Particularly the January window of 2006 when Romanov went tonto. Jim Duffy had been appointed as Rix's assistant and Richard Gordon read out a text message from a random Jambo. It started with the usual "welcome to Hearts etc." then, before RG could stop himself, "we'll need someone to carry the hamper". 

Probably the most awkward moment I've heard/read on social media. 

Hamper must have been some heavy burden. Duffy only humphed it around for a few weeks. 

did Duffy not get appointed caretaker when Rix went ? did I imagine that ?

2 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Pretty sure he went with Rix. Iirc, they were both emptied about 10 days before the Hampden semi. 

However, my memory, and what actually happened are not always the same these days. I blame bevy and turning 50. :) 

This isn't happening now surely?

Some deals might stretch to the midnight deadline.

Free agents can come in after the deadline.

But there was no reason to have this one run to the final hour you wouldn't have thought.

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

8 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Oh aye, for about a week

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, martoon said:

Pretty sure he went with Rix. Iirc, they were both emptied about 10 days before the Hampden semi. 

However, my memory, and what actually happened are not always the same these days. I blame bevy and turning 50. :) 

Don’t be to hard on yourself because the club was run like a circus then.

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

This isn't happening now surely?

Some deals might stretch to the midnight deadline.

Free agents can come in after the deadline.

But there was no reason to have this one run to the final hour you wouldn't have thought.

Could just be a bit of brinkmanship by Teplice. I’m sure they’d rather have a lump of cash than an unhappy, resentful player.

1 minute ago, Serge said:

Could just be a bit of brinkmanship by Teplice. I’m sure they’d rather have a lump of cash than an unhappy, resentful player.

You can't always bend over and accept that or the greedy players of the world will always wim.

Rangers could have sat out their £200k Lafferty bid, assuming we'd accept if that logic held true

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Can't see this happening now unless he was over here earlier as their are no flights from czech republic to edinburgh 

3 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

Oh aye, for about a week

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

There was a flight from Prague in to Glasgow at 21.30. Maybe on that one?

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Don’t be to hard on yourself because the club was run like a circus then.

True. 

Not been easy keeping up with this month's activity either but, CL's scare apart, it's been a much less bumpy ride. 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Cheile said:

There was a flight from Prague in to Glasgow at 21.30. Maybe on that one?

Good spot 90 minutes to get through from the weeg to Tynie doubtful

2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

You can't always bend over and accept that or the greedy players of the world will always wim.

Rangers could have sat out their £200k Lafferty bid, assuming we'd accept if that logic held true

They wanted him for the Euro tie.