David Vanecek

kimosavi

Could he have invoked the Webster ruling? Or has he not been under contract at Teplice long enough?

Anyway, we should throw whatever transfer fee we offered Teplice at a free agent for 6 months that maybe we couldn't normally afford. If we offered them £150k thats about 6k a week we could offer an out of contract player for 6 months.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Cruyff Turn

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Could he have invoked the Webster ruling? Or has he not been under contract at Teplice long enough?

Anyway, we should throw whatever transfer fee we offered Teplice at a free agent for 6 months that maybe we couldn't normally afford. If we offered them £150k thats about 6k a week we could offer an out of contract player for 6 months.

I understand theres an unwritten ruke amongst football clubs that the webster ruling will never be used again because of the implications 

I say understand.. I read it somewhere 

Edited by kingantti1874

Tennant's  6's
43 minutes ago, graygo said:

Capture.JPG

If he plays with the sane confidence, bravado & determination as that statement, then we're onto a winner.

Makes a change from the deluded 'I'm here to win a move down south' patter.

It's just too bad that we couldn't get him in the Summer window.

Tennant's  6's
19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We defo need another No.9, allowing Naismith to stay in the midfield & build the play with Harring, Lee, Djoum etc. Wighton, McDonald, Demi all play off the front man or out wide.

Could do with another option upfront, esp if the League Cup Final is in November, before Vanecek arrives..

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I understand theres an unwritten ruke amongst football clubs that the webster ruling will never be used again because of the implications 

I say understand.. I read it somewhere 

Probably for the best. Cheers.

Think we need a new gif. Can one of you techy guys get the Darth Vader one from Return of the Jedi when fighting Luke and says "impressive, very impressive." 

I think he's been quite respectful to the Teplice fans.

He's gone in January, everyone knows that, and although he wants to come sooner, Teplice have said no, so he says that he'll "play the best that he can for Teplice" and that he will "train hard".

From what I was told on Saturday, had we not let a striker go this window, that striker would have downed tools.  Compare and contrast.

Really looking forward to seeing this guy in January. Hopefully we can be in a competitive place when he arrives. 

Just ? he doesn’t get badly injured in the next couple of months. 

I’d suggest he comes to the game at Tynecastle on Wednesday 31st October....

Edited by magicTs

Good message from him (if genuine), but it seems strange he is doing this whilst at another club.  I get he says he is a pro tho and will give 100% but it is all a bit weird.  Anyway, I don't give a shite about Teplice and I eagerly awat him coming to the famous.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I can really sense the bond between the team and fans returning with Vanecek the next to join a team that is definitely getting the full backing of the supporters again. It is largely true to say it was difficult to take to a number of our signings recently but I sense a new breed of player here now that wants to part of something special. Vanecek sounds like he gets what we are all about already. Can't wait on January coming.

3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Vanecek will hopefully be rolled out at half time in one of our home games later in year and we can have a love in 

Hibs at home on Wednesday 31st October would be my suggestion! 

The Treasurer
34 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I can really sense the bond between the team and fans returning with Vanecek the next to join a team that is definitely getting the full backing of the supporters again. It is largely true to say it was difficult to take to a number of our signings recently but I sense a new breed of player here now that wants to part of something special. Vanecek sounds like he gets what we are all about already. Can't wait on January coming.

The simple fact is if we have players who want to play for the club and give 100% for the club, then the fans will be right behind them

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The simple fact is if we have players who want to play for the club and give 100% for the club, then the fans will be right behind them

..and we win most games. ?

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Capture.JPG

Will be interesting to see how much game time he gets for Teplice after coming out with a statement like that.

Its a weird situation. He has been scoring goals for them this season however after he came out to the press and saying thast he wanted to join Hearts ASAP then he hasnt been in their squad (for their last 2 matches anyway).

I wouldnt mind if Teplice wanted to keep him until January and play him. But they arenet doing anyone any favours by sticking him in the reserves. They could have got him off their wage bill and been paid a fee from us. Also if he doesnt play then he isnt going to be match fit and hit the ground running when he does come to us in January.

I can see why Vanecek is pissed off though. He is obviously desperate to come here and Teplice said if they signed another striker then he could go. They signed another striker and then told him he was going no where to January. Not great.

Edited by Lambo85

What a man. I can understand Teplices reasons, he is their main man but given they get crowds of 4,000 at best, you’d have thought they’d be happy to be compensated. 

In 4 months we get him for nothing anyway and I can’t wait. He sounds just as excited to play as we are to see him. 

Him, Uche, Maclean, Naismith, Wighton is just :clumshot:

1 hour ago, magicTs said:

Hibs at home on Wednesday 31st October would be my suggestion! 

Perhaps he could accept yet another $1,000,000 cheque from FoH on behalf of the club at the same time.

3 hours ago, Sierra Delta said:

Nice message but I'd be fuming if that was a Hearts player saying that about an upcoming move :lol:

Why  ? He has promised to give his all for his current team.

They already know he is leaving.

How is it OK for Lafferty to be sucking up to Rangers while still under contract to Hearts and not OK for Vanecek to look forward to his move while still fulfilling his contract to Teplice.

The player is to be admired for his commitment. 

GorgieBootBoy74

Just seen this on Facebook (I know) lol so thought would share on here. Seems our David not happy with taplice and can't Wait to get started with us

FB_IMG_1536015762500.jpg

Say What Again

I expect pelters, but he’s contracted to Teplice. If a Hearts player posted that before a move to another club I doubt anyone would be impressed. 

Does seem even strange though that he appears so desperate to come here that we couldn’t work something out with his club. Assuming we tried, that is. 

Anyway, great post DV :)

Edited by Say What Again

GorgieBootBoy74
2 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

I expect pelters, but he’s contracted to Teplice. If a Hearts player posted that before a move to another club I doubt anyone would be impressed. 

Does seem even strange though that he appears so desperate to come here that we couldn’t work something out with his club. Assuming we tried that is. 

According to Craig we did. Can't do anything if his club won't play ball 

15 hours ago, Boris said:

He's gone in January, everyone knows that, and although he wants to come sooner, Teplice have said no, so he says that he'll "play the best that he can for Teplice" and that he will "train hard".

From what I was told on Saturday, had we not let a striker go this window, that striker would have downed tools.  Compare and contrast.

Spot on Boris ?

16 hours ago, Boris said:

Bit disappointed in Sammon, if this is true. ?

Maroonblood22
11 hours ago, c41rns said:

A5650DAB-633A-4E1C-AF8F-69D8B016D288.png

Haha superb stuff! Big Dave doing everything he can to make Teplice rip up his contract so he can come join the champions elect :lol:

On 04/09/2018 at 00:47, Say What Again said:

Does seem even strange though that he appears so desperate to come here that we couldn’t work something out with his club. Assuming we tried, that is. 

Anyway, great post DV :)

I think what he is trying to say here is that his current club broke a promise to him, hence his disappointment. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I think what he is trying to say here is that his current club broke a promise to him, hence his disappointment. 

There's bound to be a bit lost in translation but if the boot were on the other foot and I was a Teplice supporter, I'd be annoyed about that post. It would be possible to communicate the excitement to Hearts about arriving in January without having a dig at Teplice who have (as far as I know) done nothing wrong in asking DV to honour his agreement.

As a Hearts supporter, I love the idea that we're recruiting a cheeky Czechy and hope for another player/fans love affair. I only hope that, after a year or so, his head isn't turned by another club and he starts playing silly buggers with Hearts on the receiving end.

If I were Ben Garuccio, I'd be wondering what the game was with my number 17 shirt...

p.s. do we know whether Vanacek is pals with any of our previous Czechs (or Bobby)?

Edited by I P Knightley

If this guy was a Hearts player most people would have been annoyed that we missed out on any money for this him given he was moving anyway and would be using it as a stick to beat the club with.....

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

a dig at Teplice who have (as far as I know) done nothing wrong in asking DV to honour his agreement.

As I understand it, what they've done wrong is that they promised they would let him go once they'd signed another striker. When they did then sign a replacement, they went back on their word and still refused to let him go. So I can understand why he's unhappy. And I don't think Hearts would behave like that.