David Vanecek

kimosavi

3 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Still reckon we're working on something via the free transfer market. We know CL is a very shrewd operator and I find it hard to believe we'd ship out Keena without options. 

Russel Martin has been released could do a job

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Jammy T

18 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

You raise valid points and if our squad was like last season's I would be worried however Barcelona were renowned for playing without a recognised striker I believe we have plenty attacking options outwith big Uche and McLean.

And before anyone comments I know we're not Barcelona but I do think we will score goals from all positions even big Boaby might sneak one

I'm sure CL has a plan for this eventuality 

15 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

We're definitely lacking options up front. Uche is still young and trying to prove himself at this level. MacLean has been much better than I hoped and Wighton is far from the finished article. My main concern is that we currently don't have a top striker pushing these guys for a place. 

Hopefully we can sign someone on a short term deal until Vanecek arrives in January. 

Big Shuggie has Naismith and McLean on either side of him. Both can make a pass and score.....he'll feel confident...!

sidjamesbottle
41 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But these frees haven’t been targeted or thought out by the club as a player to fit into what we are doing. 

Its a gamble yet again. We took a striker on trial last season and wasted two weeks before letting him go. 

I just feel weve we’ve left ourselves short upfront til January and I hope it doesn’t bite us. I say that in respect of having options to rotate if injuries or a drop of form come into play. 

yeh agreed but i'm sure it wasn't for the lack of effort by the club sometimes these deals just don't come off

I get what Mitch and debut ade saying and it’s a bit of a concern but:

We have 3 first team centre backs fit. Hughes is a minor niggle. Michael Smith played excellently at CB when asked and I am sure he can cover again if we are desperate (and I’m convinced we will bring in a CB soon anyway).

Then up front. We it depends what you mean by short ‘up front’. If you mean strikers then yes we are - MacLean and Uche alone with a stale midfield behind them would be worrying.

But if you view our attack as, say an attacking front 4 (ie in a 4-2-3-1 formation) then it looks much better.

Uche spearhead and then 3 from Mitchell, MacLean, Naismith, Wighton, Djoum, MacDonald.

Your 2 - Haring and Lee/Harry/Bozanic

My main concern about Vanacek not coming now is either that he gets injured before Jan or he falls out with Teplice and isn’t played and arrives unfit.

19 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

yeh agreed but i'm sure it wasn't for the lack of effort by the club sometimes these deals just don't come off

I’m also sure Levein’s situation didn’t help if we are being honest.

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We have 3 first team centre backs fit. Hughes is a minor niggle. Michael Smith played excellently at CB when asked and I am sure he can cover again if we are desperate (and I’m convinced we will bring in a CB soon anyway).

Then up front. We it depends what you mean by short ‘up front’. If you mean strikers then yes we are - MacLean and Uche alone with a stale midfield behind them would be worrying.

But if you view our attack as, say an attacking front 4 (ie in a 4-2-3-1 formation) then it looks much better.

Uche spearhead and then 3 from Mitchell, MacLean, Naismith, Wighton, Djoum, MacDonald.

My main concern about Vanacek not coming now is either that he gets injured before Jan or he falls out with Teplice and isn’t played and arrives unfit.

I’m going to report you for plagiarism ?.

Agree 100%, excellent post my friend.

11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If this is true we have let the team and the fans down. One injury to a centre back Soapy or Dunney we're moving the likes of Haring our Austrian midfielder where he is doing a great job to fill in which is upsetting the teams balance. And letting Laff go without a replacement is madness.

:jj_facepalm:

:getout:

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Ricardo Quaresma

Can he not get his contract nullified as he gets closer to january?

Sure this may cost money, but he'd be a free agent afterwards 

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m going to report you for plagiarism ?.

Agree 100%, excellent post my friend.

Sorry - I didn’t see your post!

With the right players I like a more fluid attacking 4. Much more difficult to defend against than a rigid formation. I think we have great options of clever footballing brains behind a main striker.

And even then our deeper midfielders - Haring, Lee, Cochrane can pick a pass.

A lot of pressure now put on Uche to produce. Still a bit disappointed we didn't manage to bring in a striker on the final day, but shipped one out. Doesn't make sense.

There are only two possibilities. Either Hearts are really tight, or Teplice tried to hold Hearts to ransom by seeking silly money for a four month early release...either way Teplice must really rate Vanacek! 

9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Please tell me we're not calling him that... 

:vrface:

Ever been to Australia?

well it's better than calling him Cazzy. :gocompare:

Toxteth O'Grady
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

There are only two possibilities. Either Hearts are really tight, or Teplice tried to hold Hearts to ransom by seeking silly money for a four month early release...either way Teplice must really rate Vanacek! 

Seems likely. It also looks like Vanacek isn't a stroppy/immature type as he hasn't forced an early move. 

10 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

A lot of pressure now put on Uche to produce. Still a bit disappointed we didn't manage to bring in a striker on the final day, but shipped one out. Doesn't make sense.

Keena would be injured for a chunk of the time until January anyway.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Keena would be injured for a chunk of the time until January anyway.

I know, I'm more bothered about us not getting one in. We are in a great position to take advantage until Vanecek arrives and kick on in the league. This feels like a missed opportunity to keep that momentum going.

Don't forget...we couldn't force them to release Vanecek cheaply...he's still their player. Likelihood is that they're pissed off at us getting their player for nothing on a pre, and would have been in no hurry to do us any favours.

sidjamesbottle
31 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Your right we appear to have a few options for players who can sit behind Uche and play off him but the whole shape of the attack would need to change if he got injured as he is really the only target man we have now

43 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Can he not get his contract nullified as he gets closer to january?

Sure this may cost money, but he'd be a free agent afterwards 

Needs to be a free agent before the window closes to be snapped up outwith the window I'm sure

If he leaves by mutual consent in November for instance we would still wait until January

27 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I know, I'm more bothered about us not getting one in. We are in a great position to take advantage until Vanecek arrives and kick on in the league. This feels like a missed opportunity to keep that momentum going.

Well I don’t think anyone can say we didn’t try.

17 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Your right we appear to have a few options for players who can sit behind Uche and play off him but the whole shape of the attack would need to change if he got injured as he is really the only target man we have now

I'm sure MacLean could play the loan front man role, albeit perhaps not as effectively and we may need to alter the way we build an attack but I'm sure we would not be in a position where we could not field a striker.

19 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

I’d agree with that - Uche is kind of key

for the next 4 months. That said MacLean would be a very intelligent front man - just a different style.

It possibly says a lot about Vanecek’s character, and I’m not saying this is a bad thing that he’s not arrived! It’s pretty unusual these days for a player not to force a move as we’ve seen ourselves in recent weeks. Frankly I wish he’d done just that but there’s not a lot we can do about it now. 

10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We're top of the league.

We are a top quality striker down.

Let's hope we don't need Laffs goals.

Only game he started (and scored in) Was Celtic tbf and imo a smart move by Levein to limit his game time before he left. In the 3 games before that day we scored 14 and Lafferty never got any of them so I would certainly hope that it would be an indicator that he's not as vital as he was last season.

Ricardo Quaresma
12 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Needs to be a free agent before the window closes to be snapped up outwith the window I'm sure

If he leaves by mutual consent in November for instance we would still wait until January

Ah, forgot about that, knew there was snag or it would be common practice

Cheers

1 minute ago, magicTs said:

It possibly says a lot about Vanecek’s character, and I’m not saying this is a bad thing that he’s not arrived! It’s pretty unusual these days for a player not to force a move as we’ve seen ourselves in recent weeks. Frankly I wish he’d done just that but there’s not a lot we can do about it now. 

In fairness, Vanecek did go on record saying how desperate he was to get the move over with as quick as possible. A large part of us not getting him would be that Teplice got another striker very late on and we just didn't have time to conclude the deal. Hopefully he makes up for lost time and rattles in about 20 goals in January alone including 5 in the inevitable derby we get handed in the first round of the Scottish cup 

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

But these frees haven’t been targeted or thought out by the club as a player to fit into what we are doing. 

Its a gamble yet again. We took a striker on trial last season and wasted two weeks before letting him go.

I just feel weve we’ve left ourselves short upfront til January and I hope it doesn’t bite us. I say that in respect of having options to rotate if injuries or a drop of form come into play. 

How did we waste two weeks? Did we shut down all other football operations while he was on trial?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

No pressure to produce goals if he is bringing a plethora of other players into the game to score.

We have goals in our starting 11. As long as someone is scoring Uche and Macca will pop up with the odd 1 or 7.

If Levein wasnt relaxed about this situation do people really think we wouldnt/arent doing something about it??

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

In fairness, Vanecek did go on record saying how desperate he was to get the move over with as quick as possible. A large part of us not getting him would be that Teplice got another striker very late on and we just didn't have time to conclude the deal. Hopefully he makes up for lost time and rattles in about 20 goals in January alone including 5 in the inevitable derby we get handed in the first round of the Scottish cup 

I dont believe it was about the lateness but rather Teplice moved the goalposts moneywise.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I dont believe it was about the lateness but rather Teplice moved the goalposts moneywise.

I suppose that could've also been it to be fair

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I suppose that could've also been it to be fair

I think the fact they got the guy in early enough for us to conclude the deal but then we said no more business points to Teplice deciding he's worth more to them goals wise that the money on offer so upped the required sum beyond the level we were happy to pay.

No issues with that to be honest. He's their player for now.

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Missed it all last night

Presume he didn't travel then?

It would appear not. Just have to wait until January now.

35 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

How did we waste two weeks? Did we shut down all other football operations while he was on trial?

Great reply.  ??   If you can’t understand the point don’t be a bairn. 

The free market will have been looked at before the end of the window, as we have been unable to get who we want from other clubs, there will be a list of out of contract players that we were already looking at. The only thing that will have changed is that there may be more players available than were on our list. Any free agents brought in won't be just a punt, they will have been thought out, just like all of our other signings.

16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Great reply.  ??   If you can’t understand the point don’t be a bairn. 

I'm not being a bairn. Just trying to come up with a way in which we could have wasted two weeks!

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

:jj_facepalm:

:getout:

You can please some of the people .........etc. etc. etc, ......all of the time.

There are definitely days you wished you didn't log on.

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think the fact they got the guy in early enough for us to conclude the deal but then we said no more business points to Teplice deciding he's worth more to them goals wise that the money on offer so upped the required sum beyond the level we were happy to pay.

No issues with that to be honest. He's their player for now.

Nah it's fair enough on their part. Any club, ourselves included would do the same thing tbh

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If this is true we have let the team and the fans down. One injury to a centre back Soapy or Dunney we're moving the likes of Haring our Austrian midfielder where he is doing a great job to fill in which is upsetting the teams balance. And letting Laff go without a replacement is madness.

:cornette:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

Think it’s fair to say Naismith could play as a striker if required 

4 in 4 league matches. 38 goals for the season?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Queue a spell in the reserves :lol:

Nice message for us, cant see his current team being too chuffed though!