• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Jammy T

Fingers crossed Teplice get relegated ? the fact they could have got some money now and decided to hold out til Jan and receive nothing beggars belief... Really hope it back fires for this diddy club

Edited by JI TEES

9 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Fingers crossed Teplice get relegated ? the fact they could have got some money now and decided to hold out til Jan and receive nothing beggars belief... Really hope it back fires for this diddy club

I wonder what the folk on here who wanted to hang on to Lafferty think about our club?

They are quite right to hold onto him if that is in their best interest.

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Good on Teplice in a way. His goals until january could make a huge difference to them this season.

Really?? Didn't realise we had Teplice supporters in our ranks. Personally couldn't care about them and wouldn't imagine a player who has openly stated a preference to move on will help them but each to their own

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I wonder what the folk on here who wanted to hang on to Lafferty think about our club?

They are quite right to hold onto him if that is in their best interest.

See my comments above.. Time will tell if Vanecek will save their season in a 4 month period. Hearts respected Lafferty wishes and got money for him so no issues there

2 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

See my comments above.. Time will tell if Vanecek will save their season in a 4 month period. Hearts respected Lafferty wishes and got money for him so no issues there

I agree with you but my point was aimed at the folk, and there were lots of them, that wanted us to hold him to his contract.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Oh well we wait until January now. At least we will have the cash we intended to spend on him now burning a hole in our pockets to spend on another player in the next window.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I agree with you but my point was aimed at the folk, and there were lots of them, that wanted us to hold him to his contract.

I see what you are saying fair point. 

We're top of the league.

We only have 2 centre backs.

We are a top quality striker down.

Let's pray Soapy & Dunney keep fit.

Let's hope we don't need Laffs goals.

Tynie old out again and we'll all be there cheering on the league leaders but you can be sure our manager and coaching staff will be feeling we should of signed a centre back and a striker. It's a long season and you have to look at your squad and make it strong enough.

My thinking, Teplice tried to screw us for money  and CL told them to stuff it and spent the money on Wighton.

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Really?? Didn't realise we had Teplice supporters in our ranks. Personally couldn't care about them and wouldn't imagine a player who has openly stated a preference to move on will help them but each to their own

Which part of my post suggests I'm a teplice fan?

They have acted in the best interests if their club.

I do still think they may have moved the goalposts regarding a fee for vanecek.

Teplice are doing exactly  what folk wanted us to do to Rangers with Kyle.  Keep him till January and let him sign the pre-contract.   Now they're a diddy club..  **** me how stupid can you get 

3 minutes ago, Arshavin said:

Teplice are doing exactly  what folk wanted us to do to Rangers with Kyle.  Keep him till January and let him sign the pre-contract.   Now they're a diddy club..  **** me how stupid can you get 

He's already signed a pre-contract.

He'll be moving to Hearts in January.

Do you actually think it's the same posters whom wanted us to keep Kyle but are calling Teplice a diddy club?

43 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Sorry but that is pathetic. They fought to hold on to one of their best goal scorers in the hope he can score enough goals to help them avoid relegation. How in God's name does that make them a Diddy club?? Pure old firm levels of arrogance

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

He's already signed a pre-contract.

He'll be moving to Hearts in January.

Do you actually think it's the same posters whom wanted us to keep Kyle but are calling Teplice a diddy club?

Aye i know that but they've decided to keep him despite our efforts to make the deal start "now" at the start of the season, which no doubt involved cash.  

So yes, they have rejected extra cash despite the pre contract being signed(or on the table in lafferty's case).

I also read on here that Vanecek has been doing pretty well this season in front of goal.

So aye it all sounds very similar give or take the pre contract period 

I can't help but think that CL taking ill set us back in getting players in. Austin did well though in getting the player surplus to requirement out.

5 minutes ago, Arshavin said:

Aye i know that but they've decided to keep him despite our efforts to make the deal start "now" at the start of the season, which no doubt involved cash.  

So yes, they have rejected extra cash despite the pre contract being signed(or on the table in lafferty's case).

I also read on here that Vanecek has been doing pretty well this season in front of goal.

So aye it all sounds very similar give or take the pre contract period 

Right, but do you actually think it's the same people who are abusing Teplice for keeping their player but were urging Hearts to do the same?

8 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Right, but do you actually think it's the same people who are abusing Teplice for keeping their player but were urging Hearts to do the same?

Nah but its obviously not a minority and it wasn't a minority when the Lafferty sale was being dealt with!  See what you're saying thought!! 

11 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

God forbid.. we could we have a "roaster" exchange with Teplice? 

Edited by Arshavin
missed a space

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Gav M said:

People do realise that just because the window is shut it doesn't mean we won't bring in more players don't they?

Maybe but I think we should focus on what we have.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Arshavin said:

Its hard to not want to build on our title winning team of this season Geoff

Ok...

PhoenixHearts
46 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We're top of the league.

Tynie old out again and we'll all be there cheering on the league leaders but you can be sure our manager and coaching staff will be feeling we should of signed a centre back and a striker. It's a long season and you have to look at your squad and make it strong enough.

Please tell me we're not calling him that... 

:vrface:

Ever been to Australia?

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, sadj said:

This place is mad , signed a load of players - were gonna be shit - they are all nobodys , after Raith - Levein oot , after Caley - we’ve not been tested , After Hamilton - that was good but we’ll get beat next week its only Hamilton , After Celtic - yassss , After Killie - were for real , sign Demi - yassss yassss yassss , dont sign anyone on deadline day even though we have a big squad and roughly 6 options up front - were shit.....its a joke.....Disgrace....

Vanecek will arrive when he arrives and I'm sure there is a perfectly valid reason why Osman Sow had a medical but then has failed to appear. If he was coming in to see us through until January but something suggested he had a problem which meant he wouldn't really be a sensible option for the next 4 months then it is better he didn't come. Wighton may give us a different option, I don't really know anything about him in terms of whether or not he is someone who can be expected to contribute goals wise, or is more a provider. We have Ikpeazu and McLean, and they will be first choices. I had one or two worries about McLean, in terms of artificial surfaces, but his two best performances on the road for us were on the artificial surfaces at Rugby Park and New Douglas Park, and his poorest was probably at East End Park, on grass, which sort of turns that all upside down. There are also goals in the team from midfield in the shape of Lee, Haring and Naismith. We are playing in a style/manner the players seem to be enjoying and the fans are. And for me, a win is a win, if we went through a full season playing 38 league games and won them all 1-0 I'd be more than chuffed with that. While being entertained in terms of loads of goals is a bonus, the game is all about winning, and we are doing that at the moment, and no reason to think that following the close of the transfer window that will all change dramatically now. If we do want to secure a third striker to rotate the fronr players there may be someone floating about there who is unconnected and can do a job for 4 months. If not we bash on with what we have, keep playing the way we have been and look forward to continued success on the park.

Edited by portobellojambo1

39 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Vanecek will arrive when he arrives and I'm sure there is a perfectly valid reason why Osman Sow had a medical but then has failed to appear. If he was coming in to see us through until January but something suggested he had a problem which meant he wouldn't really be a sensible option for the next 4 months then it is better he didn't come. Wighton may give us a different option, I don't really know anything about him in terms of whether or not he is someone who can be expected to contribute goals wise, or is more a provider. We have Ikpeazu and McLean, and they will be first choices. I had one or two worries about McLean, in terms of artificial surfaces, but his two best performances on the road for us were on the artificial surfaces at Rugby Park and New Douglas Park, and his poorest was probably at East End Park, on grass, which sort of turns that all upside down. There are also goals in the team from midfield in the shape of Lee, Haring and Naismith. We are playing in a style/manner the players seem to be enjoying and the fans are. And for me, a win is a win, if we went through a full season playing 38 league games and won them all 1-0 I'd be more than chuffed with that. While being entertained in terms of loads of goals is a bonus, the game is all about winning, and we are doing that at the moment, and no reason to think that following the close of the transfer window that will all change dramatically now. If we do want to secure a third striker to rotate the fronr players there may be someone floating about there who is unconnected and can do a job for 4 months. If not we bash on with what we have, keep playing the way we have been and look forward to continued success on the park.

?? Agree , imo we have more than enough. You add to the possible scorers , Dunne who could of had two on Saturday and Demi who we know has a sic shot the effort n save in the cup derby was surely one of the shots n saves of last season , his goal against St Johnstone was superb. Add in both Garuccio and Smith and that only really leaves , Souttar , Morrison and Mulraney as guys who have been involved a lot this season and not looked like scoring and both the wingers have had chances just not taken them

54 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Superp post mate.  Only thing I’d change is that I had no doubt about Maclean. I know a family member of his and she said he is a total machine that has a body of a 25 year old and so it’s going to prove. Total trust in Levein and what a brilliant window it has been. Demi is without a doubt for me the highlight. 

Come January we have a gift.

onwards we march. With a manager that gets it and knows what it takes.

HHGH and FTH

I’ve got it on good authority they are sneaking vanacek into the stadium with a Levein mask on(quite like the neilson escapade) and he will be brought out at half time singing “champions league nana nana”(quite like fysass). 

6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

My thinking, Teplice tried to screw us for money  and CL told them to stuff it and spent the money on Wighton.

This.  

I reckon we’re set up for a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Uche, McLean and Naismith all capable of playing up top.  Wighton will be an option for one of the three attacking positions behind, along with Naismith, Morrison, Mulraney, Djoum, McDonald and Mitchell.  Any two of Haring, Lee, Bozanic and Cochrane in the engine room.

Life is good ?

Mr Brightside
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We're top of the league.

Just a tad over dramatic.

We have 5 centre backs 2 are currently injured, hopefully Hughes is available again soon.

Naismith can play further forward as Djoum and Cochrane gain fitness.

We can also sign players who are out of contract to bolster the squad if needed.

Didn’t we play McDonald just off the front in his debut? In a kind of no.10 role? I see him more there than on the wing where we’ve mostly utilised him. Another option if we want to / have to go one striker with support in behind.

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but that is pathetic. They fought to hold on to one of their best goal scorers in the hope he can score enough goals to help them avoid relegation. How in God's name does that make them a Diddy club?? Pure old firm levels of arrogance

This.

7 hours ago, Arshavin said:

See earlier posts... Not all fans wanted to keep Lafferty to Jan...maybe your the dafty on this occasion PAL

For what it's worth couldn't give 2 hoots about Teplice and where they finish this season the amount of folks jumping on the comment linking it to old firm mentality...get a life. Tongue in cheek comment who honestly cares. See the big man in Jan and looking forward to the rest of the season. Some highly strung posters on here that's for sure

Lots of outlandish claims about a player nobody has seen play in Scotland and even more nonsense about the existing forwards who all have limitations. The fact is we lost a high quality proven goal scorer when Lafferty left and none of the others come close to his ability.

sidjamesbottle
8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We're top of the league.

Nothing stopping us signing someone short term i'm sure their will be a few guys not fixed up with clubs

17 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

For what it's worth couldn't give 2 hoots about Teplice and where they finish this season the amount of folks jumping on the comment linking it to old firm mentality...get a life. Tongue in cheek comment who honestly cares. See the big man in Jan and looking forward to the rest of the season. Some highly strung posters on here that's for sure

I was all for keeping Lafferty until the end of his contract.

My attitude is the same regarding Teplice. Unless good money is offered I would keep players who can be trusted to their contracts after all its up to the buying club to stump up if they want the player that much.

Another way of looking at this is if Vanecek continues to pop them in for Teplice at least we will know we are getting a true professional who can be relied upon.

I think we should be grateful for the job Levein has done in this transfer window. The squad is looking stronger and much more balanced and the signing of Mitchell was the icing on the cake. The future is maroon.

6 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Nothing stopping us signing someone short term i'm sure their will be a few guys not fixed up with clubs

But these frees haven’t been targeted or thought out by the club as a player to fit into what we are doing. 

Its a gamble yet again. We took a striker on trial last season and wasted two weeks before letting him go. 

I just feel weve we’ve left ourselves short upfront til January and I hope it doesn’t bite us. I say that in respect of having options to rotate if injuries or a drop of form come into play. 

Edited by Debut 4

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But these frees haven’t been targeted or thought out by the club as a player to fit into what we are doing. 

Its a gamble yet again. We took a striker on trial last season and wasted two weeks before letting him go. 

I just feel weve we’ve left ourselves short upfront til January and I hope it doesn’t bite us. I say that in respect of having options to rotate if injuries or a drop of form come into play. 

We will get by .

There is goals all over in this Hearts team.

I P Knightley
8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I had one or two worries about McLean, in terms of artificial surfaces, but his two best performances on the road for us were on the artificial surfaces at Rugby Park and New Douglas Park, and his poorest was probably at East End Park, on grass, 

I don't think the doubts are to do with his ability to play on the surface but more to do with the impact that doing so might have on his knees. (Speaking as an old knacker with shot knees who played a lot on 'astro' pitches).

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We're top of the league.

You may be getting a little over anxious there, we had a ransom situation with Vanecek and chose not to go along with it.We have a number of goalscorers in the team who I'm sure will compensate for Lafferty and it is likely we will still bring in an addition over the next few days .Chin up.

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You raise valid points and if our squad was like last season's I would be worried however Barcelona were renowned for playing without a recognised striker I believe we have plenty attacking options outwith big Uche and McLean.

And before anyone comments I know we're not Barcelona but I do think we will score goals from all positions even big Boaby might sneak one

Captain Canada

We're definitely lacking options up front. Uche is still young and trying to prove himself at this level. MacLean has been much better than I hoped and Wighton is far from the finished article. My main concern is that we currently don't have a top striker pushing these guys for a place. 

Hopefully we can sign someone on a short term deal until Vanecek arrives in January. 

Edited by Captain Canada

I wish (some) people would be realistic, all this slating Teplice and huffy toys out the pram nonsense cause we didn’t get what we wanted NOW! 

In all likelihood barring injury he’ll be here in Jan to help us in in our push for Europe (? or our title tilt) we did out best it didn’t work for us or them end of. 

What does worry me more is that it we possibly should have gone with the offer of a three year contract to DV as he might well be he real deal (based on nothing more than YouTube goals and some interdesting comments on his quality)

QUESTION - Am I right to assume that had he come now his contract would have run 2 years from Sep 18 to Sep 20 and will now run Jan 19 to Jan 21?

Thsnks in adcance❤️ HHGH

So Make Some Noise..

Still reckon we're working on something via the free transfer market. We know CL is a very shrewd operator and I find it hard to believe we'd ship out Keena without options.