• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

Different gravy.  Him, Lee, McLean, Haring and Garuccio are on a different level from the signings we’ve made in the past few windows.  Professionals with a winning mentality, they’re special.

Utterly outstanding today, I thought.  What a shift he put in. And that bit in injury time when he was holding off two of them to keep the ball in the corner!!

Uche! Uche! Uche!

Just saw his interview too. Articulate, dignified, modest, and committed to the club. He'll do for me. 

28 minutes ago, JME said:

I absolutely love this man :wub:

Thats the attitude I like to see. Modest with a bit of bight.

8 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Thats the attitude I like to see. Modest with a bit of bight.

As the big man says I certainly believe we're creating something special with this team. How special? That's up to them.

He has so many of the attributes that teams down south look for, makes me wonder why it didn't quite happen for him.

Entirely our gain and he gave that Celtic defence as torrid a time as anyone they've faced domestically recently and probably many of the teams they played in Europe.

So nice to see them bullied for once - and by technique as well as physique. 

Thunderstruck
12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Different gravy.  Him, Lee, McLean, Haring and Garuccio are on a different level from the signings we’ve made in the past few windows.  Professionals with a winning mentality, they’re special.

The goal showed how well they work together.

Lee wins the ball, moves forward and passes to Uche. Uche takes the ball and draws in three Celtic players (actually two as Tierney just gave up and stood by watching) and continues to move towards the line. Meanwhile, Lee and Haring get into the box at speed with Lee taking another two Celtic players with him and Haring taking one. That left a huge gap in front of their defence that wasn’t being covered by the other 4 outfield players - a gap giving Lafferty all the time and space in the world to hammer the ball home when Uche slid in that pass. 

The key part was Uche taking three defenders out and still getting a pass away - something he did several times today. He had them on tenterhooks all afternoon. 

wattie exploited

fantastic player am loving his strength and energy just blasts players out the way  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Lee wins the ball, moves forward and passes to Uche. Uche takes the ball and draws in three Celtic players (actually two as Tierney just gave up and stood by watching) and continues to move towards the line. Meanwhile, Lee and Haring get into the box at speed with Lee taking another two Celtic players with him and Haring taking one. That left a huge gap in front of their defence that wasn’t being covered by the other 4 outfield players - a gap giving Lafferty all the time and space in the world to hammer the ball home when Uche slid in that pass. 

The key part was Uche taking three defenders out and still getting a pass away - something he did several times today. He had them on tenterhooks all afternoon. 

And Lafferty wouldn't have been in that position if Craig hadn't played him on the left. Our manager doing his bit aswell. All round excellent performance.

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

This. As I said on the Lafferty thread, as special as the strike was it could be said there are others in our squad capable of hitting such a sweet hit on the run given the opportunity. But what Ikpeazu did to set up the goal? There’s only one player in the squad remotely capable of doing that. Worth his weight in gold so he is.

6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

fantastic player am loving his strength and energy just blasts players out the way  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feeling better ?

27 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Too true, hope you are keeping well Wattie  

:2thumbsup: :gun_bandana:

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

Great to have you back Wattie. Now I'm back to being the second ugliest man on kickback:D.

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Seriously his contract needs extended now. It’s only a two year one.

This get It done hearts sick of losing players for nothing or very little let's build a team and gradually add to it. 

1 hour ago, brux said:

We need to bombard hearts to extend his contract now.

Yes and lafferty too like the big man said we could be on the verge of something very special.

wattie exploited
31 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Great to have you back Wattie. Now I'm back to being the second ugliest man on kickback:D.

:wattie: handsome as shit lol !

wattie exploited
54 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Too true, hope you are keeping well Wattie  

:2thumbsup: :gun_bandana:

cheers still alive 

On 7/25/2018 at 07:44, Hagar the Horrible said:

2 things how did it go with the stadium announcer (if Scott) to pronounce his name and how do you say iy phonetically?

and the other will he ragdog Scott Brown?????

It's pronounced "Ootchie-Coochie" :pimp2:

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

:wattie: handsome as shit lol !

Aye. Lol. Good health to you sir. I'm sure the result the day cheered you up more than any quack.

The Goalscoring Knee
20 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Love Uche. Celtic struggled to handle him

Think most teams will. And if they double up on him, it's going to create room for MacLean, Lafferty et al. Can't for the life of me see how he hasn't landed a gig higher up the EFL before now.

Said after ICT that Uche will cause problems for any defence this season on ability alone. 

But the question was did he have the temperament for the bigger occasion?

Well and truly answered. 

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

He has so many of the attributes that teams down south look for, makes me wonder why it didn't quite happen for him.

Entirely our gain and he gave that Celtic defence as torrid a time as anyone they've faced domestically recently and probably many of the teams they played in Europe.

So nice to see them bullied for once - and by technique as well as physique. 

This 

Celtic are the biggest test he can up against in this league and he was brilliant. Very raw but the boys got talent 

Please, please, please Craig, dont let this guy or any of the others let their guard down.  As far as I'm concerned when we're playing Dunfermline we're playing Hibs.  When we're playing Livvy we're playing Celtic.  No easing off.

90 minutes total concentaration once a week shouldn't be too much to ask and 3 points from Livvy has exactly the same value as the 3 we won today.

Finlay James

Brilliant display, especially given the intensity of the game and the huge step up he has made from the English leagues.

Awesome scouting Mr Levein ???

You know what, if he plays like that every week and doesn't score a single goal all season he will still be a massive cult hero 

Absolutely tremendous yesterday, he's strong, quick and his work rate was incredible. Celtic simply didn't know how to handle him

12 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

The big guy is immense, Celtic offer incoming...

I said the same to a mate last night.

loveofthegame

I really really really like Uche. Both on the park, where he is an absolute monster, holding the ball up, winning flick ons, beating men, setting goals and chances up, running his heart out, and also off it where he comes across as hard working, down to earth and genuinely likeable.

I started following him on Instagram as soon as he signed and the daily videos he put up over summer of him training hard were testament to his attitude and his desire to come here and succeed.

so much time for him. Keep up the good work Uche.

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, Bozi said:

You know what, if he plays like that every week and doesn't score a single goal all season he will still be a massive cult hero 

Absolutely tremendous yesterday, he's strong, quick and his work rate was incredible. Celtic simply didn't know how to handle him

This. His contribution to the team in the two league games and two last cup games goes way beyond his goals. Celtic had two players on him at all times yesterday, occasionally three - and still couldn’t stop him. He has defences concentrate on him leaving space for others, and we have guys like Naismith and MacLean who’ve made their living making intelligent runs. He’ll be involved in far more than 19 goals this season. In 5 appearances so far (which includes only one 90 minutes) he’s scored 3, assisted 2 and was involved in through balls that lead to at least one penalty. When you look it at that way he’s almost 1/3 of the way to contributing to as many goals for Hearts after 5 games (one full 90) as Lafferty contributed towards the whole of last season.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

He absolutely knocked his pan in yesterday and totally deserved his MOTM. 

Was a bit surprised that the sponsors MOM didn’t include him, but Haring and Souttar were immense so understandable. Ikpeazu was MOM for me so was pleased he was awarded it by Sky Sports.

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

He absolutely knocked his pan in yesterday and totally deserved his MOTM. 

He certainly did double mom for me big uche and haring 

The Apprentice
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Was a bit surprised that the sponsors MOM didn’t include him, but Haring and Souttar were immense so understandable. Ikpeazu was MOM for me so was pleased he was awarded it by Sky Sports.

To be fair you could have given it to a few players. Think Uche has got the sponsors award in the last 2 Home games so they’re probably sick of seeing him in the Gorgie suite ?

Buffalo Bill

Difficult to say who was MotM yesterday. I’d probably go for Souttar but Uche and Haring were absolutely immense. 

Uche has been different class since signing. 

The really exciting thing re Uche is that Levein rates Vanacek as a much better player than Uche. Vanacek was number one striking target in the summer. Uche was a punt a la Amankwaa. 

Big Shug ran them ragged. Such a strong player. If he's consistent he'll cause problems for any opponent this season.

The Internet

Just watching the game back. Him absolutely wiping out Hendry (fairly) in the first half and all of them crying about it 

:jjyay:

Also loved his celebration at the final whistle after chasing them down in the corner. Looked like he'd just won the world cup. Love the guy. 

ITCHYCOO PARK(UCHE PEAKU)  sure someone can make a song out of the chorus when he scores

*Uche Peaku "its all to beautiful"(Small Faces)

15 hours ago, JME said:

I absolutely love this man :wub:

Wow what an interview.   The type of attitude that wins silverware.

I loved watching the big man yesterday, looks like an instant cult player and is going to wreck havoc this season

• 2 weeks later...
weegie jambo

worked tirelessly today and got nothing from Gollom. Still tried things and made a nuisance of himself all afternoon. The goal was fully merited.