Jump to content

Uche Ikpeazu


tartofmidlothian

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Thomaso

    27

  • tartofmidlothian

    23

  • Boy Daniel

    13

  • alwaysthereinspirit

    12

Encouraging but he should be dominating up against a truly dreadful 10 man Cowdenbeath team so I'll reserve judgement before declaring him the next Mark de Vries!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes

Absolute monster of a man. Took his goal really well. Lafferty needs to up his game or he'll be warming the bench soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magicTs said:

Encouraging but he should be dominating up against a truly dreadful 10 man Cowdenbeath team so I'll reserve judgement before declaring him the next Mark de Vries!! 

Point taken, only listened to on Hearts World but Lafferty apparently did not even do that !!

Edited by steve123
Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Should start ahead of laff.. No doubt.. 

 

 

Agreed!

 

One goal and one assist through his shot leading to the penalty.

 

I would play him ahead of Laff on Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

 

 

Agreed!

 

One goal and one assist through his shot leading to the penalty.

 

I would play him ahead of Laff on Sunday.

I'm sure whatever CL decides to do will be torn apart by the world renowned coaching fraternity we have in abundance here on JKB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian

Reminded me very much of Zeefuik. I got a great view of him in the second half, he's mobile, skilful and strong, with good control. He took some rough treatment from their 4 and 5 and looked completely unfazed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s like an improvement on that big tank Akanwenwa (sp) he’s prepared to run and fight for the team too.  Good start to his career here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing the big guy in action. Is there any way he could play with Laff? In front ? Behind? Laff wide?

Link to post
Share on other sites
colinmaroon
Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'm sure whatever CL decides to do will be torn apart by the world renowned coaching fraternity we have in abundance here on JKB.

 

 

What I can't understand is how they can find the time to post on here, what with time-consuming job running their Dulka Pumpherstons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'm sure whatever CL decides to do will be torn apart by the world renowned coaching fraternity we have in abundance here on JKB.

 

Does every thread have to descend into ripping into one another?  This is a positive thread being inadvertently turned into something not so...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Encouraging but he should be dominating up against a truly dreadful 10 man Cowdenbeath team so I'll reserve judgement before declaring him the next Mark de Vries!! 

 

A little harsh but i'm with you.

I doubt he's going to be Mark de Vries but he's showed hunger to win today. Can't say that for many of the other new signings. 

Edited by Top Corner
Link to post
Share on other sites
Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I might be wrong and not forgetting what he done last year but Kyle does not seem interested from folks observations !!

Don’t think he’s not interested, more his back is bothering him. I’d rest him and let Uche play alongside McClean on Sunday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He’s like an improvement on that big tank Akanwenwa (sp) he’s prepared to run and fight for the team too.  Good start to his career here. 

 

? akinfenwa ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Looking forward to seeing the big guy in action. Is there any way he could play with Laff? In front ? Behind? Laff wide?

 

It's not happening for Laff so far this season. Uche and MacLean are our best front two right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

 

? akinfenwa ? 

Aye I did mean akenfenwa, my sp was even more farcical having another k in there for some reason :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Encouraging but he should be dominating up against a truly dreadful 10 man Cowdenbeath team so I'll reserve judgement before declaring him the next Mark de Vries!! 

Just imagine, de Vries without the paper legs!

 

You may say I'm a dreamer...

Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco

Loved the fact he celebrated his first competitive goal for the club like it was a last minute winner in the derby.

 

Some boy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to calm down a bit. Playing against huddies and 10 men I wouldn't expect anything less. Fair enough Lafferty didn't do it but he is a big game player and one of the first names on team sheet regardless.

Edited by Gorgieshed
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Juanjo15 said:

Aye I did mean akenfenwa, my sp was even more farcical having another k in there for some reason :lol: 

 

 

Sounds like the Jonathan Ross version of it pal. Akanwenwa !?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

 

It's not happening for Laff so far this season. Uche and MacLean are our best front two right now.

Yep, get that , absolutely. And I agree that Uche and MacLean are the best choice, but just wondered if it's a possibility. Two big guys like those could scare some defences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jacklivi1874
Just now, Gorgieshed said:

People need to calm down a bit. Playing against buddies and 10 men I wouldn't expect anything less. Fair enough Lafferty didn't do it but he is a big game player and one of the first names on team sheet regardless.

Correct 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How the hell did their centre half stay on the pitch with his treatment of Uche,was disappointed that the guy was able to push him when he was on the ground and the ref ignored it ... as did most of his teammates who could’ve mixed it up a bit  without going tonto 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

 

Does every thread have to descend into ripping into one another?  This is a positive thread being inadvertently turned into something not so...

This is how I feel too, every blood thread turns into a primary school style slagging match, does my head in.  Wish the mods would temp ban any members for a day or two.  By all means discuss things but calm down on the argument crap, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

 

 

Sounds like the Jonathan Ross version of it pal. Akanwenwa !?

 

:lol::lol: class :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Yep, get that , absolutely. And I agree that Uche and MacLean are the best choice, but just wondered if it's a possibility. Two big guys like those could scare some defences.

 

Agree I think they've put themselves in front too, hope Laff just carrying a knock, good to have options, we were done lat season if Laff got injured

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gorgieshed said:

People need to calm down a bit. Playing against buddies and 10 men I wouldn't expect anything less. Fair enough Lafferty didn't do it but he is a big game player and one of the first names on team sheet regardless.

Nah, football's all about enjoying the wins. If you can't enjoy a 5-0 win in the first competitive home game of the season there's something far wrong - of course we should be getting carried away!

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser

The new Ian Baird, he's going to wind the opposition up tremendously.

 

A big upgrade on Stockton and Sammon, and will give Lafferty food for thought.

 

I love him!

Link to post
Share on other sites
alwaysthereinspirit
8 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

 

Does every thread have to descend into ripping into one another?  This is a positive thread being inadvertently turned into something not so...

who's NOT positive? I thought he did very well. Held up to ball well, good finish, looks like he may have some nice touches. I'm very happy with his showing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BurgerDonalds

Played as well as he could against poor opposition, clearly enjoyed himself as well giving some back by holding the ball up towards the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Loved the fact he celebrated his first competitive goal for the club like it was a last minute winner in the derby.

 

Some boy.

how good is it going to be when he does do that ?:sweeet:

Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
Just now, cookieboy said:

how good is it going to be when he does do that ?:sweeet:

 

Just a matter of time.

 

:scenes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smithee said:

Nah, football's all about enjoying the wins. If you can't enjoy a 5-0 win in the first competitive home game of the season there's something far wrong - of course we should be getting carried away!

I get enjoying the win. It was people saying Ikpeazu should start ahead of Lafferty... really? Lafferty is a class above what we have in the squad, bad patch yes but without doubt one of our best players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pox Doctor's Clerk
23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Absolute monster of a man. Took his goal really well. Lafferty needs to up his game or he'll be warming the bench soon

Have a feeling Laff will be elsewhere come end of August and Vanecek will be here so might all be academic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, geomac said:

 

Agree I think they've put themselves in front too, hope Laff just carrying a knock, good to have options, we were done lat season if Laff got injured

Yeah, and with Keena and the Czech lad Vanacek , when he arrives, we have options to mix it a bit at the front. Seems midfield still not too creative yet though. Ach well, I'll take tonights win for now. 

Edited by whodanny
Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly made the difference when he was introduced. Showed for the ball and made himself available. Strong when he received it, great turn and hit for the goal.

 

Different option to big Laff and McLean who ran across the back 4 all night and found it difficult to receive anything. Big man was an easy target.

 

I'd like to see him with Laff running in behind him and Naisy running onto him.

 

Great attitude!

 

Looking forward to see him ragdoll the Hibs centre halves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian
8 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I get enjoying the win. It was people saying Ikpeazu should start ahead of Lafferty... really? Lafferty is a class above what we have in the squad, bad patch yes but without doubt one of our best players.

 

Did you see Uche tonight?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...