Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

Said when he signed that I just had a gut feeling he'd be a baller and early days but living up to that so far. Love him ?

Edited by Simo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

3 minutes ago, Barasa said:

His fitness and work rate are absolutely exemplary given the size of him. He will destroy some defences this year. 

His interview on Sky Sports after the match was fantastic - this is a guy who is loving being here and wants to be a hero for us. Said that was the biggest win of his career. And no mention of 'stepping stone to the EPL'. 

Also lost what looked like a bottle of water in sweat in that interview, twice today I watched as he beat 3-4 Celtic players. Absolute machine. Love what it means to him.

On a side note, twice in the last two games I have seen Stevie Naismith blame Uche for his bad touches, cut it our SN love your input to the guys but be a little more humble when you feck up.

magicjohnston
7 minutes ago, Barasa said:

His fitness and work rate are absolutely exemplary given the size of him. He will destroy some defences this year. 

His interview on Sky Sports after the match was fantastic - this is a guy who is loving being here and wants to be a hero for us. Said that was the biggest win of his career. And no mention of 'stepping stone to the EPL'. 

Great to hear!  Brilliant to have players that  want to be here and give their all than having folk constantly tipping themselves for the next ‘step up’!!

12 minutes ago, Barasa said:

Great stuff,

hes an absolute man mountain and the jambos love a cult hero,

hes been immense since joining - wouldn't like to be a defender playing against him that's for sure 

brunoatemyhamster

Just in. Has he stopped running yet? Go home, get a shower and put your feet up big fella. You earned it. 

It’s been a long time since I have watched a player run himself into the ground for Hearts. When he went sprinting between Hendry and Gordon in injury time I couldn’t believe it.

Immense!

stranraer-jambo
21 minutes ago, brux said:

How long is his contract? Can we extend it to 5 years?

This, without doubt.

He is going to catch the eye down South if he continues in the same vein.

Has it all in his locker and his assists will be as important as his goals.

alwaysthereinspirit

I know I'll get ripped for this but he could do well in the England team against certain teams. Great ball skill, pretty quick, decent in the air and a handful for any defender. A totally different dynamic than anything we've seen in a while. Absolutely no fear. Loving watching him.

When I watched the preseason clips of the sands training, I thought he looks a bit of a huddy getting up the dunes 

Fit as a fiddle and will destroy lesser defenders

Hanlon, Ambrose and McGregor should be bricking it

chester copperpot
Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I know I'll get ripped for this but he could do well in the England team against certain teams. Great ball skill, pretty quick, decent in the air and a handful for any defender. A totally different dynamic than anything we've seen in a while. Absolutely no fear. Loving watching him.

Need to try see if he's got a Scottish granny or something 

34 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Led the line brilliantly and was absolutely exhausted at the end. 

The sight of Karen coming to see he  was alright at certainly raised his pecker.:sweeet:

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Need to try see if he's got a Scottish granny or something 

Forget a granny. Right now having tried haggis is enough.

avhudtheteeshirt

He did exactly the same move at Hamilton for Haring to score, don't think defenders can stop him legally, so plenty penalties to come in my opinion!!!

47 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I ****ing love the big guy.

He absolutely terrorised that mob today.

In that case the terrorist sympathising *******s will be falling over themselves to sympathise with him.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
21 minutes ago, DVB said:

It’s been a long time since I have watched a player run himself into the ground for Hearts. When he went sprinting between Hendry and Gordon in injury time I couldn’t believe it.

Immense!

That's what stuck out for me. Guy deserves our respect.  By God he's earned it.

The Future's Maroon

Someone mentioned earlier it looked a bit suspect from the dunes of Gullane as he was toiling.....that must have been his twin brother, after that display today I can’t believe it was the same guy.

Where Levein has plucked him from is nothing short of a miracle, how has no one took a chance on him?

Am I right in saying he is only 23? I know it’s early, very early, but he could go on to be a big profit maker for us if he carries on like that!

I can’t mind how long a deal he got, but I think we need to look to extending it.

John Findlay

Anyone else notice today that when he was competing for balls in the air that as well as mainly simunovic challenging, the untouchable Scott Brown was stopping him jumping by putting his arse McGinn style into his midriff and Beaton(useless prick) let him get away with it everytime?

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Anyone else notice today that when he was competing for balls in the air that as well as mainly simunovic challenging, the untouchable Scott Brown was stopping him jumping by putting his arse McGinn style into his midriff and Beaton(useless prick) let him get away with it everytime?

He was being sandwiched and Beaton who was awful today turned a blind eye every time.

Hearts have had big forwards in recent years who put no effort when off the ball.  Uche just never stopped chasing and harrying and I loved the tactic to give him the ball in the corners and let Celtic try and get it off him.

Can only get better, too.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

In that case the terrorist sympathising *******s will be falling over themselves to sympathise with him.

True dat

NaturalOrder74

Guys an absolute champion, the SFA will have him a target but I think he’s gonna rise above if, absolutely bullied that defence all game if that’s what he can do against Celtic can’t wait to see how he slaps about their feeder club 

Fantastic work rate and skill again today, another great signing. So love his attitude.

He will now know how corrupt our officials are after Beaton's performance.

93rd minute and still bursting a gut  closing down defenders. Massive heart and tremendous fitness for the big lad. Massive player for us this season ????

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

The sight of Karen coming to see he  was alright at certainly raised his pecker.:sweeet:

Thuoght I read Karen had left, did I imagine that??

46 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Thuoght I read Karen had left, did I imagine that??

Possibly the most tragic thread ever.

Loved his fist pumping on the way to the tunnel after full time. Exactly the type of player we were crying out for. Like an Osman Sow on steroids. 

Every time he got the ball you just knew he wasn't going to lose it. Time after time he beat Celtic defenders with ease, everyone bounces off him.

Will become a fans favourite very quickly.

From Sammon to Uche. Well played Levein.

allystrachan

The guy is a monster! Not the best technically but I can see him developing. Play to his strengths & just run over defenders. 

Credit to lafferty giving him some motivation in shooting practice before the game when he could hardly control the ball. That said to me the team know he is raw & look happy to help him get better. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Great to see a player who really looks like he loves playing for the club and fans. Echoes of Rudi and his great affinity with the support. It just shows when there is such mutual respect players can reach a higher level.