• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

Just seen his first on bt sport, was at the loo typically, what a strike! Really anticipating an excellent season. Seems very humble too and well liked by his teammates. 

Said after game we’ve got a new hero.

I bet he gets decision making wtong a fair bit is the only even slight weakness i can think of.

And even then, you can imagine him doing the wrong thing continually and things still happening for us around him.

Hes going to draw defenders to him like flies and Naismith, MacLean and others are going to live the gaps created by that.

Just hope refs can recognise the difference between physical power and a foul. They usually dont.

Auld Reekin'
6 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

No pee ing on a defender is only a yellow?

Depends if it's head-height or not...   :scared:   :facepalm:     

avhudtheteeshirt

If he gets 2 fouls against him in a game refereed by Collum, he must be doing it right!

That said, when did any game refereed by Collum with 33 fouls in it, have no yellow or red cards in it???????

TyphoonJambo

anyone got a clip of his celebration? I heard it was special.

15 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m spent. ???

DB367C46-F6B1-4507-91F0-38FC37C40463.png

Saw this on the highlights and it made me really happy. In fact, Laff's reactions to all of the goals made me happy. Really hope he stays. I'll not hate him if he goes, but I hope he stays.

The big man knows the chance he has been given coming here...and he looks like he is grabbing it with both hands. Could become an absolute legend with us. Definately a cult hero in the making. 

Quite confident to say that the way this guy played today would cause any SPL team problems.

The way the ball sticks to him while holding off defenders is superb. He has pace and skill too, along with his finishing ability. Uses his strength with great timing.

Of course, there's a long way to go for him and many tests to come.

But hugely encouraging.

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Quite confident to say that the way this guy played today would cause any SPL team problems.

The way the ball sticks to him while holding off defenders is superb. He has pace and skill too, along with his finishing ability. Uses his strength with great timing.

But hugely encouraging.

Exactly where I am.  I'm trying not to get too carried away, but very promising early signs.

Yep like i said quite prepared to take the flak and yea i realise we dont play Milan or Barca every week and yes you can only beat whats put in front of you .

All i'm saying is remember when we humped newco under cathro  how many people went of on one and how good we were and what we were going to do to the scum lets just calm doon a bit 

Oh nothing would please me more if we've signed a superstar somebody has to

millerjames398

First look at the big fella and thought he was brilliant, won nearly every Ariel duel he was involved in, had some nice touches with the ball at his feet,and thought it was quality second, halfwhen he sort if goaded their full back to come and get it ,looking forward to seeing him throw hanlon around like an empty track suit first derby...FTH??

He’s an absolute beast who will ragdoll many defences. He’s special no mistake. An absolute gem. Bring on that vermin scum 

4 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

New Rangers preparing a £100k bid for the big man as we speak. 

Your figures are wrong mate. Said that at the game. They’ll be putting in a £10k bid in instalments as I type 

jamboinglasgow

One thing I loved in the match was in the second half he had the ball and was holding it up with his back to goal and the Inverness defender who was behind him trying to get the ball off him just through up his hands in frustration as if to say "what can I actually do to get the ball off him."

Most strikers in this league are either strong and physical or technical and nippy. He seems to have power, technique and pace which is a deadly combination here. He is getting into his stride and hopefully another good performance next week will continue his run.

With Lafferty, McLean and at some point Vaneck, we have a strong strike force.

Absolutely delighted for him, it really heartens you seeing a big lad actually use his superior size and strength in such a positive way.  Said it before but I think I've actually yet to see KLaff score with a header which is amazing given his height. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s an absolute beast who will ragdoll many defences. He’s special no mistake. An absolute gem. Bring on that vermin scum 

Vermin scum :verysmug:

They really are, that’s what is so good about it. :fth: 

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

But hugely encouraging.

Test may come from defenders trying to get a reaction from him when they realise they can't compete physically. There will be players and teams out to test his temperament. He may not get the fouls he should but hopefully he's seen it all before but this time with even worse refs.

The Apprentice

The big guy was absolutely superb today and thoroughly deserved his two goals. The big positive is that we are not just shelling balls high in the air to him, they are being arrowed into his feet and chest and getting runners close to him and playing off his lay offs. Makes a massive difference than just launching aimless balls forward to him with no support. 

As others have said he’ll be a target for opposition defenders now. There will be players and managers who have watched him today and will be making plans to try and rough him up. None more so than the hammer throwers at Hamilton next week.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Test may come from defenders trying to get a reaction from him when they realise they can't compete physically. There will be players and teams out to test his temperament. He may not get the fouls he should but hopefully he's seen it all before but this time with even worse refs.

To be fair to Uche that's exactly what Cowdenbeath's lot tried to do and again today that celtic supporting right back tried to do and the big man has not bitten. I think he'll be a pretty cool customer with that sort of tactic. 

Can't get carried away but he looks like the type who will hardly even have heard of the o f or the pilrig crowd and won't give a toss about them.  I remember Rudi saying something like ok then, now we play the ranger.  That's good.  We've been looking forward to that.  Not a hint of apprehension.

That's the requirement this season Craig and you can do it.  Get it up them, round them and through them.  No mercy.

8 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

The big guy was absolutely superb today and thoroughly deserved his two goals. The big positive is that we are not just shelling balls high in the air to him, they are being arrowed into his feet and chest and getting runners close to him and playing off his lay offs. Makes a massive difference than just launching aimless balls forward to him with no support. 

As others have said he’ll be a target for opposition defenders now. There will be players and managers who have watched him today and will be making plans to try and rough him up. None more so than the hammer throwers at Hamilton next week.

I want to see other Hearts players besides Uche shouting for fouls every fricking week when he is fouled because he will be, constantly. Got to put more pressure on these refs as a team.

The Apprentice
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I want to see other Hearts players besides Uche shouting for fouls every fricking week when he is fouled because he will be, constantly. Got to put more pressure on these refs as a team.

Correct. You can see there being days where he refs won’t give him

anything but I’m sure he can handle that. He’s played a lot of football in League 2 down south where it’s a constant physical battle so he’s well equipped that way. Really really enjoyed watching him today!

The Apprentice
20 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully he picks up Imrie & MacKinnon, and tears them both in half.

See Scott Brown above...

I hope he puts Mackinnon straight over that shitty wee main stand of theirs! 

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hopefully he picks up Scott Brown and tears him in two. 

Naismith can then run past the bottom half, and stamp on his baws again.

:clyay:

4 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

I hope he puts Mackinnon straight over that shitty wee main stand of theirs! 

He’ll take no shit. And we know Naismith doesn’t either. 

Pleasing that we’ve assembled a team that will not be bulldozed. 

FTH

3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’m spent. ???

DB367C46-F6B1-4507-91F0-38FC37C40463.png

It’s very positive that lafferty is clearly genuinely happy for the man who took his spot to score goals. Makes me think that he’ll be here a long time. When the camera went to the bench not one person was as ecstatic as laff. 

40 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It’s very positive that lafferty is clearly genuinely happy for the man who took his spot to score goals. Makes me think that he’ll be here a long time. When the camera went to the bench not one person was as ecstatic as laff. 

Would have been even better if he'd squared it to him so he could tap in for his hat trick....

Gorgie_Rules

Guy has a presence and good bit fight about him, exactly what we need.

Roll on Hamilton

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Amoruso_lets_it_run

It's also very encouraging that in the last two games he's scored with a left foot shot, a right foot volley and a header! 

gashauskis9

Listening to his post match interview, he sounded like he was strong mentally, not something you typically attribute to a lad his age.  Kept talking about the importance of his personal goals, so clearly a determination and discipline to him.

Scnorthedinburgh

I liked his wee celebration bit like Rudi boot touch leave to the hibs.

Think the big fella is going to have fun up here.

Only ICT but 3 defenders over 6,3 and column, he played great against that.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

How was he today, those who were there?

I wasn't there but seen people who were saying he had a great game, Scott Wilson said he was unplayable. Also set up the last goal, and the penalty came from Naismith following up on his shot.

Kirky Jambo

He was fantastic, despite the ref doing him no favours.

2 bits of play in particular. The strength to keep the ball and then the reverse pass to McLean for the 4th was brilliant. Secondly, Souter blasted a header high into the corner of the pitch, then Uche facing away from goal held off the defender managed to turn inside and take it towards goal. His shot (well hit) was blocked but it’s that kind of play we will hopefully see more of 

Edited by everton_jambo