Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

Just now, sairyinthat said:

Mainly because it's unhealthy and causes collective gloom.And we definitely do have the players to take up the slack,you think otherwise your choice.

So you would not be concerned if Uche is missing on Wednesday??

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Too early to write off Wighton yet. 

Who is writing him off Dave??

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Wighton was brought in as a project. Much like Mulraney was.

By that I assume you mean a "project" for future development?  If that is so was it wise to throw him in against a tough Livy team on Saturday??

Just now, Thomaso said:

So you would not be concerned if Uche is missing on Wednesday??

Not overly no,we have the players to take care of the job.You think an under par game on Saturday defines our playing staff? Again your choice

NaturalOrder74

Wighton didn’t get much service on Saturday, I don’t actually think he was to blame for much. 

In my opinion there was just a lack of determination all over the pitch and Mitchell playing in wrong position wasted one half of the game. 

Then the second half Livingston were in full time wasting mode and we didn’t do well enough, Motherwell will at least come at us which could open things up a bit I actually wouldn’t mind giving wighton another chance and keeping Uche fresh for the league next weekend 

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

With respect that is a nonsense comment.  Naismith and Mitchell have already proved they are quality players going by past performances.

Nobody is writing off Wighton after one game, however the facts are that he looked well out of his depth.  Someone has pointed out he is short of confidence after a poor time at Dundee - it that is so then a spell in the reserves to get himself acclimatised at Hearts might not be a bad thing.

Wighton has also proved that he is a quality player and for that reason we paid a 6 figure sum for his services. 

20 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Family member was playing for Hibs Reserves against us last Monday - the Hibs boys were apparently bigging up Wighton and how gd he was.

i was there on sat and he was very poor, but he was by no means even close to the only one. Bit early to write him off yet.

This for me too. Early days. Not played a lot. Give the laddie a chance FFS.

32 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If he has "fragile confidence" was it a good idea to start him against a fired up, physical Livy team??

Based on  his performance in reserve derby a couple of weeks ago he was ready. Found some pace that day, held the ball up well and scored. And that was playing up front, on his own, in a team that was a man short for a large part of the game. I agree he disappointed on Saturday but McLean, Mitchell, Naismith, Haring were all very disappointing as well. 

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

At least one person believe’s he’s the new Amankwaa. That’s pretty close to writing him off. ?

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Ministry of Football said:

The few times now I have seen Wighton, he has really not looked good.

The worrying thing is, you simply can't disguise the fact that he doesn't win headers and has no pace. 

More importantly, playing him up front forces Naismith into a deep midfield role, where he is utterly wasted. 

In my opinion Wighton is up there with Amankwaa in terms of ability. 

Not going to criticise Levein for spending cash on him though, as this has been an exceptional window. You can't get them all right. 

Hope he is nowhere near the starting line up tomorrow. 

You must be at it or you have no idea of football, because this is one of the worst posts I've read from a "fan"

You are basing your opinion of a new player after ONE, that's correct, ONE senior start??

I am so glad you will never be in charge of hearts, we would never have a team.

for the record, he has played 2 reserve games and has 3 goals after suffering from a very long injury out. He's just getting back into playing again.

Absolute Scenes
34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Comparing him to Amankwaa after ONE game is writing him off.

the hearts fans way

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Uche looked ok in training yesterday.

Dancing about in a two touch game. Might still not be risked, of course.

:levein_interesting:

Hackney Hearts
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

At least one person believe’s he’s the new Amankwaa. That’s pretty close to writing him off. ?

That was a ridiculous comment (possibly just looking for bites). Wighton (The Wizard) will prove himself soon enough.

14 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You must be at it or you have no idea of football, because this is one of the worst posts I've read from a "fan"

You are basing your opinion of a new player after ONE, that's correct, ONE senior start??

for the record, he has played 2 reserve games and has 3 goals after suffering from a very long injury out. He's just getting back into playing again.

It was the same with some fans behind me on Saturday.  Brutal chat from a fan. Totally writing the guy off for us.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Jenks said:

It was the same with some fans behind me on Saturday.  Brutal chat from a fan. Totally writing the guy off for us.

It’s hilarious because they know nothing about football, literally nothing.

1 hour ago, deejtee said:

I have paid a bit of attention to the lad as my stepson is one of his pals and I disagree with your post. He has suffered under the last two coaches at Dundee but is regarded by many as having the skills. He needs a bit more tolerance from some on here and will surely be shown that by our coaching staff and I am sure he is keen but with slightly fragile confidence.

'Tolerance' is something of short supply on here.   It would appear to be the snowball effect where one so-called supporter makes a negative comment then his clique joins in with the slagging.  i hope Wighton has thick skin as one of his attributes.

42 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Don't quite see what you are getting so worked up about. Ministry of Football's observations are pretty accurate in that he has no pace and doesn't seem to be able to header a ball very well.

You are also correct in saying that he has only played a couple of reserve games but scored a few goals which is why CL thought he was worth paying a fee for.

It was a bit of a gamble by CL throwing him in against Livingston and I would imagine if he could play that game over again he may not have started him against such a physical team as them.

The guy wasn't able to get in the starting line-up at a struggling Dundee side so there are bound to be doubters out there even if the problem is maybe Neil McCann rather than the current Dundee team.

I don't see any comments about writing the guy off but he had a bad debut which will make his next game even more difficult to try and impress but I really hope he does because before his injury he looked to be a promising young player.

Edited by wavydavy

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Uche looked ok in training yesterday.

Dancing about in a two touch game. Might still not be risked, of course.

Think CL's playing games. The big man will start.

Absolute Scenes
26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't quite see what you are getting so worked up about. Ministry of Football's observations are pretty accurate in that he has no pace and doesn't seem to be able to header a ball very well.

You are also correct in saying that he has only played a couple of reserve games but scored a few goals which is why CL thought he was worth paying a fee for.

It was a bit of a gamble by CL throwing him in against Livingston and I would imagine if he could play that game over again he may not have started him against such a physical team as them.

The guy wasn't able to get in the starting line-up at a struggling Dundee side so there are bound to be doubters out there even if the problem is maybe Neil McCann rather than the current Dundee team.

I don't see any comments about writing the guy off but he had a bad debut which will make his next game even more difficult to try and impress but I really hope he does because before his injury he looked to be a promising young player.

My point proved exactly

ministry, yourself and a few others are basing all of this on one senior game, and that he is comparable to Amankwaa. That’s writing him off.

do you honestly think that our manager, who is renoun for spotting and developing brilliant young players, chucked a six figure sum for Wighton, for a laugh and a bit excitement? He’s been trying to sign him for a few years.

Do your homework mate before writing off any player after one game, that’s what I get worked up about. Folk very eager to voice themselves and be heard when not actually knowing what they are talking about. 

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

My point proved exactly

ministry, yourself and a few others are basing all of this on one senior game, and that he is comparable to Amankwaa. That’s writing him off.

do you honestly think that our manager, who is renoun for spotting and developing brilliant young players, chucked a six figure sum for Wighton, for a laugh and a bit excitement? He’s been trying to sign him for a few years.

Do your homework mate before writing off any player after one game, that’s what I get worked up about. Folk very eager to voice themselves and be heard when not actually knowing what they are talking about. 

You can't see the wood for the trees. Who's writing the guy off? Not me. Did you read my post? 

Just as an aside what makes you an expert ?

2 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Not overly no,we have the players to take care of the job.You think an under par game on Saturday defines our playing staff? Again your choice

I really do hope you are right!!

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Comparing him to Amankwaa after ONE game is writing him off.

the hearts fans way

I certainly did not make that comparison.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wighton has also proved that he is a quality player and for that reason we paid a 6 figure sum for his services. 

TBH his playing record did not suggest he was a quality player at Dundee - but let's not all get in a frenzy here!!  I really want the guy to be a success - I'm only expressing my opinion that he does not look to be ready to be a starter for Hearts at this time.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

TBH his playing record did not suggest he was a quality player at Dundee - but let's not all get in a frenzy here!!  I really want the guy to be a success - I'm only expressing my opinion that he does not look to be ready to be a starter for Hearts at this time.

That could well be true as he didn’t do much on Saturday. 

I was under the impression this was the Uche thread.

And on Wighton multiple comments on this thread do look like they're 'writing him off' either fully or there abouts, no matter how many times it is questioned who's writing him off.

Ministry of Football
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

To be fair if wighton isn’t good enough after saturdays performance neither is Naismith, Michell and others. I expect Uche would have struggled the same as the rest against Livi.

Dont agree with this. 

I suspect Naismith was not at his best because he was playing in some deep midfield role, just so Wighton could fit in the team.

Had we had a front two of Maclean and Naismith, I suspect the result would have been more favourable. 

Really don't want Wighton anywhere near our team, if it means our best player is not able to play in a forward role. 

Wighton could probably do with a couple of games in the reserves to get up to speed, maybe score some goals and boost his confidence before starting for the first team. 

Spoiler

:kirklol:

Uches said he injured his foot against Motherwell, but it's probably not as bad as their 'keeper. 

Hopefully he's fit for an appearance tomorrow night.

Edited by SUTOL

5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Wighton could probably do with a couple of games in the reserves to get up to speed, maybe score some goals and boost his confidence before starting for the first team. 

Reveal hidden contents

:kirklol:

Uches said he injured his foot against Motherwell, but it's probably not as bad as their 'keeper. 

Hopefully he's fit for an appearance tomorrow night.

Ironically, Carson played on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, deejtee said:

I have paid a bit of attention to the lad as my stepson is one of his pals and I disagree with your post. He has suffered under the last two coaches at Dundee but is regarded by many as having the skills. He needs a bit more tolerance from some on here and will surely be shown that by our coaching staff and I am sure he is keen but with slightly fragile confidence.

Look, he has had more than enough time.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I certainly did not make that comparison.

You agreed with the post though, so you had come to that conclusion as well

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

You can't see the wood for the trees. Who's writing the guy off? Not me. Did you read my post? 

Just as an aside what makes you an expert ?

I’m not an expert, but I certainly don’t make judgements on a player after one game. That’s just ridiculous 

I know you weren’t writing him off but you were in agreement with what the guy wrote, an opionion formed after one game

6 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

The few times now I have seen Wighton, he has really not looked good.

The worrying thing is, you simply can't disguise the fact that he doesn't win headers and has no pace. 

More importantly, playing him up front forces Naismith into a deep midfield role, where he is utterly wasted. 

In my opinion Wighton is up there with Amankwaa in terms of ability. 

Not going to criticise Levein for spending cash on him though, as this has been an exceptional window. You can't get them all right. 

Hope he is nowhere near the starting line up tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Sadly I have to agree with this.

:levein_interesting:

His winner in the recent reserve derby (see link) was hardly the finish of a guy lacking in confidence nor ability!  Things never went smoothly last Saturday but virtually the entire team was under par and it was one of those days. I believe Wighton will have a lot to offer. 

https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/1775

Edited by magicTs

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Don't think anybody is writing him off at present.

Except the guy that compared his ability to amankwaa and you agreed with?

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’m not an expert, but I certainly don’t make judgements on a player after one game. That’s just ridiculous 

I know you weren’t writing him off but you were in agreement with what the guy wrote, an opionion formed after one game

He definitely does not have pace and he made a bit of a hash of his headed chance. So are you saying that those things are not the case?

Just because I think that those points are correct does not mean the guy is a write off. Maclean is the same but he has looked a decent signing.

John mcCartney

some of the comments on here at the weekend re players performances

dear oh dear

i sincerely hope the team ram it up our collective arsehole tomorrow night

Absolute Scenes
41 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He definitely does not have pace and he made a bit of a hash of his headed chance. So are you saying that those things are not the case?

Just because I think that those points are correct does not mean the guy is a write off. Maclean is the same but he has looked a decent signing.

How can you tell a player doesn’t have pace after one game? 

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

How can you tell a player doesn’t have pace after one 

I think it was pretty obvious on Saturday.

Are you suggesting that he really does have pace but was holding back?

It's been reported after we signed him about his strengths and weaknesses and one was his lack of pace. 

However he is a very skilfull player which could compensate.

1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

dear oh dear

Bayern Munich fans will no doubt be posting the same as some on here after drawing at home tonight and dropping their first points of the season

They will be telling each other about who is poor, who should be dropped and who has a lack of pace.

12 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Except the guy that compared his ability to amankwaa and you agreed with?

To be honest I did not pick up on his Amankwaa comment which was nonsense.

I was agreeing with his final comment - basically that he should not be a starter on Wednesday, based on the lack of confidence issue noted by another poster, and my opinion he is not yet ready for our first team.

11 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

dear oh dear

I also hope this to be the case!

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Bayern Munich fans will no doubt be posting the same as some on here after drawing at home tonight and dropping their first points of the season

They will be telling each other about who is poor, who should be dropped and who has a lack of pace.

No doubt some will

August Landmesser
25 minutes ago, Masonic said:

is uche fit for tonight?

Doubtful as far as I can tell from various interviews/articles in the papers. Should be available for Saturday though