Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

HughJarsole

Boys an absolute unit - looks like he’s out of puff then gets the call and full of life again! Link up play is tidy 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

3 minutes ago, HughJarsole said:

Boys an absolute unit - looks like he’s out of puff then gets the call and full of life again! Link up play is tidy 

A unit yes .. a player as well I think so !!!

sometimes the two don’t go hand in hand hopefully it does this time; the big man looked immense 

Love this guy already. He’s going to be a hero if he keeps playing like he has done so far. Hopefully keeps it going when the season starts next week. Can’t wait to get the season started as I think it’s going to be a good one. See you all next week in Hamilton. 

2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Ooooft some performance from the big man. He’s a machine ????

Think he was gutted to be taken off, completely took the piss out of the defender at the corner flag.

Rocky jamboa

What a performance! 2 great goals, skilful, holds the ball up well and seems to have the right attitude. A fans favourite already! 

An exciting front 3 with, him, laff and naisy. 

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, neonjambo said:

Think he was gutted to be taken off, completely took the piss out of the defender at the corner flag.

Aye, could see he was gutted as he was coming off. The boys a winner and exactly what we’ve been missing.  

Assuming the refs dont treat him like Kyle and De Vries then he will terrorise teams.

We cannot revert to long ball humps upto him though as he clearly has skills.

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Assuming the refs dont treat him like Kyle and De Vries then he will terrorise teams.

We cannot revert to long ball humps upto him though as he clearly has skills.

That's what worries me..his hold up play will probably be classed on backing in/ fouling the defender against OTHER teams.when he's really just using his strength. 

highlandjambo3

Great acquisition but I don’t think we’ll get 90 minutes out of him but who cares, I’ll take 70 minutes any day if he plays like he did today.

12 minutes ago, it_hearts said:

That's what worries me..his hold up play will probably be classed on backing in/ fouling the defender against OTHER teams.when he's really just using his strength. 

Me too, he got pulled up for a couple of fouls today that never were.  I can see opponents going down looking for fouls and conning refs.

12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Great acquisition but I don’t think we’ll get 90 minutes out of him but who cares, I’ll take 70 minutes any day if he plays like he did today.

Watched the preseason training and he was clearly struggling on the dunes so was concerned - today put all doubts out of my mind.

He is  just going to get better!

It should have been ten
20 minutes ago, it_hearts said:

The Caley players were pulling him all over the place. Considering we had Willie Collum in charge today who usually gives us nowt, the big man wasn’t singled out by him which we would’ve probably expected. 

He truly is going to crack it at this level imo. We haven't played particularly strong opposition, granted but he certainly has the fundamental skills of a good centre forward: strength, can hit the back of the net, positioning, and a decent bit of pace for a big chap. Doesn't matter who he's up against, if he continues nailing these things he'll do just fine

The Internet

His movement and ability to bring others into play is really really good. Absolute bonus that he can score too. He'll be a huge player for us this season. 

Terrific performance, absolutely terrorised their defence and scored two great goals. Certainly not just a big lump, some of his close control was excellent. 

loveofthegame

Very, very good today - two great finishes, hold up play superb, beat men at times, worked hard to win the ball back on occasion, heart of a lion.

Love him and his attitude. Really hope he succeeds at the club.

Judge Fudge

Holds  it up into feet, nice lay offs gd in the air and put a real shift in today. Outstanding performance. 

Agree with all the comments but lets not get carried away i know i'll probablly get it tight but it was Cowdenbeath and Inverness no Milan and Barcelona

PhoenixHearts
58 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

He did the exact same thing on Tuesday night in that very same spot. The way he just kept shielding the ball and letting the defender keep trying to no avail was verging on piss-taking. Got a few laughs and you can tell he was doing it on purpose because he knows nobody can touch him. What a character.

The big man can just stand with the ball at his feet and hold people off waiting for people to move into space. A rare quality.

Quick turns for a big lad as well and a solid shot when the opportunity arises.

Quite excited with what I have seen so far, hopefully that's has confidence high and raring to go for the season, could be a star.

3 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Agree with all the comments but lets not get carried away i know i'll probablly get it tight but it was Cowdenbeath and Inverness no Milan and Barcelona

We play Milan and Barcelona all the time right enough

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Performance today was off the scale. This guy looks like the real deal.

Too right.  He speaks well too, all about the team's goals etc. He has the potential to really destroy most teams up here. 

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Inverness aren't far off bottom 6 level in our league tbf. Yeah they're not in our league but we showed the difference in level between a team fighting for promotion to our league and a top 6 side. We're miles better than last season already. The signs are promising considering we've signed 13 new players with another few to come no doubt.

joondalupjambo

ICT at home fantastic performance.  I will judge him after seeing him against teams like Hamilton, St Johnstone and St Mitten away.  If he can get the same team support and destroy them in the same way then we will see how good he really is.    Celtic at home he will pee all over them ?

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Are they in our league this season??

**** sake, we're gonna get horsed!

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

ICT at home fantastic performance.  I will judge him after seeing him against teams like Hamilton, St Johnstone and St Mitten away.  If he can get the same team support and destroy them in the same way then we will see how good he really is.    Celtic at home he will pee all over them ?

But that's a red card offence 

gashauskis9

His link up play with Lee was different class.  So refreshing to have a midfielder who wants to play balls into the striker’s feet.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He’s like a Skácel/Fuller/De Vries/Kyle hybrid.  Awesome.

And zeefuik 

Surprised there's not been mention of his attempted bicycle kick yet. 

:thumbs_up:

Great game form him, good hold up play, good pace, good skill, good goals.

He had two or at times three defenders on him, which helped make space for others around him as well. 

:)

TyphoonJambo

I heard that he was jumping around the changing rooms yelling "I have arrived, I have arrived" love him.

joondalupjambo
37 minutes ago, davieholt said:

But that's a red card offence 

No pee ing on a defender is only a yellow?

TyphoonJambo
53 minutes ago, andi17 said:

we seldom play these two teams but if we got five against them, well that would be incredible.

31 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

And zeefuik 

I thought about that when, in the second half, one of their players ran into him and bounced off.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He’s like a Skácel/Fuller/De Vries/Kyle hybrid.  Awesome.

32 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

And zeefuik 

With a little bit of Ian Baird the way he put the ball and the keeper into the net on tuesday.