• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

tartofmidlothian
24 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That sums it up well - had 4 teenagers with me, 2 for the first time at a Hearts match, and they were pretty unimpressed at half time. Left the game with big smiles on their face and Uche was the man that put them there

Wee lassie near me kept shouting "come on Pikachu!" every time he got the ball. :lol: Good nickname.

Pasquale for King

Does remind me of De Vries, great turn and finish with his left foot. Can clearly go ways, Maclean did well too and just need Lafferty to get going.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Did you see Uche tonight?

I like Uche but let's not wet ourselves and gain some perspective. Lafferty has shown he can turn it on against the hardest opponents in the league. Uche have played decent in one competitive game against a league 2 side.

Yes I was at the game.

chester copperpot

Been trying so hard to get my 12yr old daughter into supporting us.

Tnite we turned a corner. She loved watching the big man and was raving about him all the way home in the car.

Cheers Uche big man. Your performance tnite gained another long term supporter :D

Is a cracking signing and will be a huge fan favourite, what a debut!

Said after the Cove game he’d be a fun player this year , just stuck his ass out shielding the ball and Cove players were bouncing off him. Hes a unit ??

Reminded me very much of Zeefuik. I got a great view of him in the second half, he's mobile, skilful and strong, with good control. He took some rough treatment from their 4 and 5 and looked completely unfazed.

How their number 4 was even on the pitch at ht let alone when Uche came on is a mystery. He was brutal. 

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I like Uche but let's not wet ourselves and gain some perspective. Lafferty has shown he can turn it on against the hardest opponents in the league. Uche have played decent in one competitive game against a league 2 side.

Yes I was at the game.

Person i was at the game with said on the way home Laff turns up for big games he thrives on them. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Person i was at the game with said on the way home Laff turns up for big games he thrives on them. 

He does. Think I'm in complete agreement with your friend. Also think he does enough in run of the mill league games. Maybe he's just as excited by playing Cowdenbeath as our fans are watching.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He does. Think I'm in complete agreement with your friend. Also think he does enough in run of the mill league games. Maybe he's just as excited by playing Cowdenbeath as our fans are watching.

Our fans are nae tight tho , Was a boy in N said if its 1-0 hes throwing the scarf on the pitch n done for the season ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Our fans are nae tight tho , Was a boy in N said if its 1-0 hes throwing the scarf on the pitch n done for the season ?

Surprised he never threw it on at half time then asked a steward to please get it back for him. :laugh:

sidjamesbottle
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Said after the Cove game he’d be a fun player this year , just stuck his ass out shielding the ball and Cove players were bouncing off him. Hes a unit ??

yeh thought he was brilliant

6 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

That sums it up well - had 4 teenagers with me, 2 for the first time at a Hearts match, and they were pretty unimpressed at half time. Left the game with big smiles on their face and Uche was the man that put them there

I felt like that with Genaro Z and I'm an old git.  He just made me feel like a teenager, particularly when he scored those last minute goals against Rangers.

He was one of these marquee players who come along now and again.  I can well understand why your teens thought Uche stood out from the crowd.

9 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Put their keeper in the net from 6 yards out. Classic

Just like his fella ?8538560B-86F4-4306-8C7F-06F93ECDD436.thumb.jpeg.9318d91444b535e119369d5cc43cd85d.jpeg

Loved the attitude of the big man and what a finish!!

think he’ll be that player that one week is awesome and unplayable then next week has us tearing our hair out....

when he put out the goalie in the net just showed he’s full on and what a unit he is !!!

4 minutes ago, Sharky999 said:

Just like his fella ?8538560B-86F4-4306-8C7F-06F93ECDD436.thumb.jpeg.9318d91444b535e119369d5cc43cd85d.jpeg

Loved that top!  Really liked Baird too when I was about ten so I can see the comparison :lol: 

The Internet

Are there any large black strikers he hasn't been compared to yet? Thought he looked a bit Sow-ish with that movement and shot just before the penalty. 

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Are there any large black strikers he hasn't been compared to yet? Thought he looked a bit Sow-ish with that movement and shot just before the penalty. 

With all of our attacking options I am Fuller confidence going into the game on Sunday. 

9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I really need some highlights of him holding off that number 2 towards the end. He was just toying with the guy after a while. Took the absolute piss out of him.

Looked like a dad keeping the ball off his kid down the park 

Escobar PHM

His goal was something Skacel would do frequently. Sorry I know Skacel isn’t black but didn’t think it was relevant 

gashauskis9
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

His goal was something Skacel would do frequently. Sorry I know Skacel isn’t black but didn’t think it was relevant 

Skácel comparison is more relevant given his shirt no.

One of the things I was most impressed about with his performance was that he was able to keep his head after being kicked in the back by the Cowdenbeath CB.

Got pissed off (and rightly so) but instead of starting a fight he channelled the aggression into the game and just tried even harder for us!

The piss taking with holding the ball up at the end was class as well ?

Got his own back on them the right way 

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

The new Ian Baird, he's going to wind the opposition up tremendously.

A big upgrade on Stockton and Sammon, and will give Lafferty food for thought.

I love him!

sammon :mad:

PhoenixHearts
43 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I felt like saying he looks like everything we'd hoped Sammon would be.

maroonsgotop
11 hours ago, steve123 said:

I might be wrong and not forgetting what he done last year but Kyle does not seem interested from folks observations !!

doesn't look fit just now and is struggling a bit

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

doesn't look fit just now and is struggling a bit

I hope thats all it is. He certainly has that hang dog look about him. If he's struggling for fitness, get him out the firing line and get him fit. We have options that will do for a few weeks.

If its because he wants to move on and cant be arsed, that's also an issue we need to fix before the window shuts

The Old Tolbooth

It was absolutely hilarious after their No5 stamped on him (he should have walked for it), Uche thought it was the No4 and the No5 kept well away from him until he realised his team mate was getting the blame :lol: 

This guy is definitely going to be a fans favourite. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nothing compared to the short lived Green Mile thread last night. 

letsalldothebeattie

Looked brilliant when he came on got some strength and holds the ball up well. Took the goal well and seemed unlucky to be booked considering Cowdenbeath players took to kicking him after the goal

Wasn't the biggest guy on the field last night - that must go to Sheerin of Beath  - he was packing some pies

The Natural Order
2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Wasn't the biggest guy on the field last night - that must go to Sheerin of Beath  - he was packing some pies

Sheerin has always been that shape. Great Juniors player when he was at the Burgh but has never really cut it so league level.

Promising start. His challenge will be doing it consistently against much better defenders.

Have a feeling he's a bit of a confidence player so we may need to be patient on days things aren't working. At least we have plenty other options. 

About time one of our long shots made an impact. Hope the fans get right behind him and give him a lot of support.

What a handful this guy is I know this sounds stupid but I reckon given the right service he will smash the 20 goal record :robbo:.

14 hours ago, Legend Claws said:

Push him? He booted him in the kidney! 

I was referring to the first incident when he challenged their goalie, your right thought re the second assault  I was behind the goals and no officials  seem to notice the kick in kidneys. 

21 minutes ago, dode said:

I was referring to the first incident when he challenged their goalie, your right thought re the second assault  I was behind the goals and no officials  seem to notice the kick in kidneys. 

I don’t know how you could see from Section N that he’d booted him 

Legend Claws
25 minutes ago, dode said:

Ah got ya! Yeah, he was sleekit about it.

Hagar the Horrible

2 things how did it go with the stadium announcer (if Scott) to pronounce his name and how do you say iy phonetically?

and the other will he ragdog Scott Brown?????

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, sadj said:

Was pretty poor against Hibs in 4 of the 5 games last season. His link up play needs to improve, he also didn’t set up a goal for anyone else last season.

Still not sure how he managed to score 19 goals last season considering the number of chances created for him, if he stays and the other strikers supply him he could score 30.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

2 things how did it go with the stadium announcer (if Scott) to pronounce his name and how do you say iy phonetically?

Uche Ik Pee Atsoo is how it was pronounced, he will rag doll a few players not just that horrible scroat. Running style and hold up play was reminiscent of De Vries. 

Escobar PHM
17 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

4 syllables -----Ick - Pee - At - Zoo. I presume he asked the fellah.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Well done big man! Never seen showboating done by holding off a player, great to watch. Crucially Uche followed that up with a dangerous cross to the back post which led to a corner. Can't wait to see him battering into some top league defenders. 

Why was their keeper going off his nut? There was clearly no malice about the challenge but he reacted like Uche had just tried to smack him in the face.

weird