Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

The Wycombe manager also sings for the Cold Bloodied Hearts!! 
We could have a match made in Heaven if he managed us❤️

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

I liked the big guy and thought he brought something different to our game. I thought he was tremendous in the League Cup tie at home to Aberdeen. They couldn't get the ball off him. If he could have played like that every week he would have been a real asset. Best of luck to him down south. 

5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Well done big Uche. 

just didn’t work out for a very likeable lad. Refs were a disgrace with him but overall touch and mobility not quite good enough for me. 

Definitely in his first season. I recall a game against Aberdeen at Tynie when John Beaton was complete and utter cheat. He made it brazenly obvious that Uche was getting nothing at all that game and basically gave both Dons centre halfs free rein to boot him at every chance. 

Sure he scored the winner that day though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This. Good honest hard working laddie, just like what everyone wants. Except not everyone wanted for some reason.

The rush to slag off our own players after a bit of bad form or whatever really gets on my tits. Remember Bjorn Jonsson being dismissed as a huddy and not Hearts standard. One of the top scorers in the Eredivisie the following season 

21 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Did the same thing there that he was penalised god knows how many times when he wore Maroon.

Free kick to Celtic 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

He’s not going to look as big next to Toby and Davinson Sanchez. 

looks pretty feckin big next to them so far :lol:

Not many players will outmuscle Aldeweirald like that. What was noticeable is that it happened and Toby accepted it as part of the game. Up here diddies like McKenna learnt all they had to do was complain and stick their arm in the air and the ref gave the foul. 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

looks pretty feckin big next to them so far :lol:

I was surprised to be honest. He was next to Sissoko at one point and was noticeably bigger and Sissoko is a big unit. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

He’s not going to look as big next to Toby and Davinson Sanchez. 

Two things made me realise how far behind English football we are physically and in terms of conditioning and diet: Seeing Spurs up close at Tynecastle in the 0-5 game - every one of them an absolute monster, including someone I previously thought was a wee Robbo type, Jermaine Defoe - and seeing Berra go from big laddie to the Terminator almost overnight when he moved to Wolves.

You don't get into that condition on a diet of monster munch, nandos and running up and down sand dunes that's for sure.

The Apprentice
7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Definitely in his first season. I recall a game against Aberdeen at Tynie when John Beaton was complete and utter cheat. He made it brazenly obvious that Uche was getting nothing at all that game and basically gave both Dons centre halfs free rein to boot him at every chance. 

Sure he scored the winner that day though. 

IIRC Beaton booked him for diving instead of giving a clear pen when Joe Lewis took him down and it was rescinded after the game. As you say it came after a culmination of Uche getting nothing all afternoon. 

VagabondJambo
10 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The Wycombe manager also sings for the Cold Bloodied Hearts!! 
We could have a match made in Heaven if he managed us❤️

Yes!

And if he brings the Wycombe slogan with him - “Rock and Roll Football”!

How brilliant that would be instead of our current Bore and Bore style!

manaliveits105
12 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Our Refs didn’t like him or were told to give a foul against him at every opportunity. 

Corrupt to the core 

Beaton reinforced that on Saturday with his flying visit

10 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I liked the big guy and thought he brought something different to our game. I thought he was tremendous in the League Cup tie at home to Aberdeen. They couldn't get the ball off him. If he could have played like that every week he would have been a real asset. Best of luck to him down south. 

Yes he lacked consistency , composure among other things . Mobility ? Not once he got into gear . Skill ? see consistency .

Emotional player [can be a handicap] who always gave everything .

****ed over by refs on a regular basis .

All of the above is true and yet he gets slagged off rotten on here

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, VagabondJambo said:

Yes!

And if he brings the Wycombe slogan with him - “Rock and Roll Football”!

How brilliant that would be instead of our current Bore and Bore style!

Although they are bottom of the Championship and have only scored 16 goals in 23 games.

haveyouheard1874
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not many players will outmuscle Aldeweirald like that. What was noticeable is that it happened and Toby accepted it as part of the game. Up here diddies like McKenna learnt all they had to do was complain and stick their arm in the air and the ref gave the foul. 

Sadly true bud

Guest ToqueJambo

Just watched Wycombe's goal on the bbc match thread. Uche absolutely would have been penalised in Scotland for that and all the pundits would have highlighted it as proof of his dirty play.

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Yes he lacked consistency , composure among other things . Mobility ? Not once he got into gear . Skill ? see consistency .

Emotional player [can be a handicap] who always gave everything .

****ed over by refs on a regular basis .

All of the above is true and yet he gets slagged off rotten on here

Agree mate. He got a rough time up in Scotland but he gave everything he had and loved playing for the jersey 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Still don’t understand the hate that Uche got for the life of me.

Once the refs had made him a target you could see him getting more and more frustrated in games and it affected his performances. 

No world beater but certainly not as bad as folk make out, was unplayable on his day and was used as a climbing frame before realising refs would only give him anything if he went to ground. There's a long long list of players more deserving of stick than him thats for sure

Selective memories to the fore tonight. Sure he was big and strong but, if we're being honest, he was very limited and had little or no game awareness. Sure, the refs in Scotland gave him nothing but he appeared unwilling or incapable of changing his game to prevent him falling foul of refs all the time. 

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Still don’t understand the hate that Uche got for the life of me.

He definitely thrived in the 'big' games, fed off the crowd for your Celtic, Rangers, Hibs games. Week later and his workrate decreases in the lesser games.

Last season as mentioned was pointless, he was penalised for breathing, the boxing day Hibs game when he was thrown to ground in the box was pick of the bunch.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Selective memories to the fore tonight. Sure he was big and strong but, if we're being honest, he was very limited and had little or no game awareness. Sure, the refs in Scotland gave him nothing but he appeared unwilling or incapable of changing his game to prevent him falling foul of refs all the time

Because he was doing nothing wrong. It's like asking a CB to stop jumping for headers.

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

He definitely thrived in the 'big' games, fed off the crowd for your Celtic, Rangers, Hibs games. Week later and his workrate decreases in the lesser games.

Last season as mentioned was pointless, he was penalised for breathing, the boxing day Hibs game when he was thrown to ground in the box was pick of the bunch.

Screenshot_20210125-205830_YouTube.jpg

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Selective memories to the fore tonight. Sure he was big and strong but, if we're being honest, he was very limited and had little or no game awareness. Sure, the refs in Scotland gave him nothing but he appeared unwilling or incapable of changing his game to prevent him falling foul of refs all the time. 

🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Lamela always appears to me (JMO) that he thinks he’s better than he is. Bit of a poseur.

loves a rabona, a trick that almost defines the phrase "style over substance"

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Lamela always appears to me (JMO) that he thinks he’s better than he is. Bit of a poseur.

World class at shithousery though. Loves a revenge foul. 
I like him. 

Uche was outstanding against Aberdeen in the league and cup games. Something seemed to changed with his attitude and the rumoured fans where refused to talk to any fans once stendel was in

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

fans where refused to talk to any fans once stendel was in

I'm afraid to say I may have broke Daniels rule a few times if thats the case :lol:

been here before
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Wish he was still ours

:sob:

Aye, even though you never saw him play because you couldnt be arsed going to games?

35 minutes ago, Musemic said:

He is what he is. The problem wasn't all him. By being the player he is he got picked up by a team in the fourth richest league in the world, he is now playing against defenders who will not fall down at the touch of a feather and are physically more up for the challenge, and he will be earning much more than he did when he was at Hearts. Good luck to him - I bet there are a good many of his team mates from last season who will be somewhat envious. 

As well as refs being an issue, Levein ultimately was too. Levein essentially invited the refs to behave like that by playing Uche up top on his own and lumping balls at him. Not his game at all.

Let him get his back to a CH or, even better, an FB, get the ball into his feet and let him turn and go.

We didn't use him to our advantage.

I liked Uche and he could have been great for us. As it was he gave us a few good memories under a terrible football regime.