Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

I dont think you aimed it specifucally at me but given yourr slavering about the "usual suspects" I thought Id put my head above the parapet and take a hit over your ridiculous theory just to show that those of ud who dont really rate Uche arent really all that scared of Wycombe 'aiming a tweet in our direction'.

Im speaking out so others dont have to suffer in such a heinous way.

When did I ever say people were scared to post? My implication was that people aren’t jumping down Wycombe’s throats for their tweet as they know what they say is true, that many Hearts fans were saying Ikpeazu was a dud. Not saying people are scared to post, they’re just not having a go at Wycombe as it would deem them hypocritical. Point being I would expect when another club has a go at our fan base on Twitter for many more comments and posts on the subject here, and the fact there isn’t points to Wycombe being right - so people having a go at them on Twitter and the likes are ignoring the fact (as you and another have pointed out already) that many think and things like Wycombe say they do.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

The Chairboys ... nice compact stadium BUT if you drive up to the stadium and park there it takes a long time to get out, or park at the bottom of the industrial estate and walk up!

No pubs near stadium so drink in (or out of) marquee outside! 

Good luck Uche!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

been here before
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

When did I ever say people were scared to post? My implication was that people aren’t jumping down Wycombe’s throats for their tweet as they know what they say is true, that many Hearts fans were saying Ikpeazu was a dud. Not saying people are scared to post, they’re just not having a go at Wycombe as it would deem them hypocritical. Point being I would expect when another club has a go at our fan base on Twitter for many more comments and posts on the subject here, and the fact there isn’t points to Wycombe being right - so people having a go at them on Twitter and the likes are ignoring the fact (as you and another have pointed out already) that many think and things like Wycombe say they do.

Maybe folk just dont care all that much about Uche or give a flying **** about Wycombe.

Apart from you.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Maybe folk just dont care all that much about Uche or give a flying **** about Wycombe.

Apart from you.

*David Brent “you’re ‘ard” gif*

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People aren't jumping they're throats because it's laughable. Trying to create an argument with a club in another country because of one goal in a game you ended up losing 7-2?

Well done, Merry phucking Christmas.

been here before
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

*David Brent “you’re ‘ard” gif*

No idea what that means but Ill leave you now to worry about Wycombe and their tweets.

Careful now, be strong.

7 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

People aren't jumping they're throats because it's laughable. Trying to create an argument with a club in another country because of one goal in a game you ended up losing 7-2?

Well done, Merry phucking Christmas.

Yes, that’s my point. Why aren’t more people on here talking about how laughable it is. That’s the entire point I’m making.

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, that’s my point. Why aren’t more people on here talking about how laughable it is. That’s the entire point I’m making.

Your point was we weren't jumping down their throats because what they say is true. Nobody is talking about it because nobody gives a fying **** about Wycombe.

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Your point was we weren't jumping down their throats because what they say is true. Nobody is talking about it because nobody gives a fying **** about Wycombe.

This thread was bumped for a reason. There’s been more people talking about what Walsall fans have been saying about us in the transfer thread than there has been here about what Wycombe say about us. Just musing as to why is all.

Uche is a good guy but he's really not a very good football players. He's scored 2 goals in 10 games or something and Wycombe are posting shit like that? Behave.

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This thread was bumped for a reason. There’s been more people talking about what Walsall fans have been saying about us in the transfer thread than there has been here about what Wycombe say about us. Just musing as to why is all.

I've posted these lyrics for a song about Uche on the excellent @Ski Nae Uche song thread. Please like and share for awareness.  🙏🏻

McGlynn The Money
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Forgot to post the lyrics🤦‍♂️.  Credit to @Ski Nae for the original video.

Away down in Wycombe at Wanderers Park,

A wee Twitter admin was wide of the mark,

He took on the Gorgie but got blown away,

Because of a striker whose name was Uche.

Uche Ik-peazu, he scored against Hibs and the Inverness too.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

"Uche was class"

:what:

I liked the big guy and celebrated his goals, especially against Hibs, but come on.  Started off well but ran out of steam once other teams sussed him out.

A very limited footballer, yes. Class, no.

Did you read the rest of my post?

He absolutely was hindered by referees up here calling fouls against him every second touch,

He gave his all though, at times to his detriment.  If every player for us gave a similar level of going for the ball, and trying their best, we'd be sorted.

Just because he was limited, doesn't make him useless.  We could have utilised him better, and been better off with his presence up front, if it weren't for the fact every second touch was  allegedly a foul.

I mean, it doesn’t help that said clip Wycombe tried to get snarky about is in the last page of this thread. Although my 2 pence isn’t even anything to do with whether or not Uche was a good player, just to look on in bemusement about how ****ing tinpot Wycombe must be if they’re trying to rip the pish out of a team they signed a player from whilst getting a 7-2 defeat rammed up their shitter, being managed by a guy that looks like a poor mans, grungy Austin MacPhee. Whatever makes them happy, I guess

Left us with a better reputation than many who have left us in recent years (doesn't say much) but never a Championship player in a million years.

McGlynn The Money
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Did you read the rest of my post?

He absolutely was hindered by referees up here calling fouls against him every second touch,

He gave his all though, at times to his detriment.  If every player for us gave a similar level of going for the ball, and trying their best, we'd be sorted.

Just because he was limited, doesn't make him useless.  We could have utilised him better, and been better off with his presence up front, if it weren't for the fact every second touch was  allegedly a foul.

Of course I read the rest of it mate and it's just wrong. He wasn't hindered by refs, he was hindered by lack of ability.

When he first came up he would back into defenders, then either using his strength to spin off them or they would foul him. Once they sussed this out they stood off him and he would still try to initiate contact and gave away a foul.

Basic football knowledge.

Oh my sides. Wycombe fekin Wanderers 🤣🤣🤣 the day I give a hoot at what a shitehole tinpot club like that says is the day I give up. 
Most of us liked the big man and thought the refs had it in for him which is undisputed.

10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They’re welcome to big Uche.

He was pish.

bobby bombscare
12 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wycombe seem to have misread the room with Uche and Hearts fans. Vast majority liked him and wished him well going to Wycombe. Seems a stupid dig for a club to do.

Completely agree with this journalist

oh no... they aimed a tweet in our direction?! I'm devastated. Literally devastated.

been here before
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Its off the scale paranoia to suggest Uche he was hindered by referees.

A lack of skill and ability coupled with a tendency to fall over histrionically at the merest suggestion of the opposition defender challenging him were more of a hinderence.

That and a touch like a 40 yard piledriver.

Uche is pish. I'm not all that sure he is a an all round 'great guy' either. I've seen him having liked Tweets celebrating gay people being 'cured' of their homosexuality, which at best is a bit off.

Edited by Sooperstar

McGlynn The Money
5 hours ago, been here before said:

Its off the scale paranoia to suggest Uche he was hindered by referees.

A lack of skill and ability coupled with a tendency to fall over histrionically at the merest suggestion of the opposition defender challenging him were more of a hinderence.

That and a touch like a 40 yard piledriver.

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Wycombe Wanderers. :lol:  

English football is so overrated if Uche is coping at that level. 

He was causing mayhem against an EPL team at the start of the week ... Every pundit seems very impressed with him. Hearts fans still trying to claim he was pish or not good enough ... 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He was causing mayhem against an EPL team at the start of the week ... Every pundit seems very impressed with him. Hearts fans still trying to claim he was pish or not good enough ... 

I'll take the evidence of watching him for 2 years over 1 game against Spurs. I'm fairly confident in my belief that when Wycombe get relegated this season Uche won't play at any higher level than League 1 in England for the rest of his career.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I'll take the evidence of watching him for 2 years over 1 game against Spurs. I'm fairly confident in my belief that when Wycombe get relegated this season Uche won't play at any higher level than League 1 in England for the rest of his career.

This.

He was shite apart from one or two moments. Let’s move on. 

22 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Left with everyone's best wishes, most certainly mine. 🤗

Me too. Yes he had his limitations but a big powerful guy who scored some great goals for us especially against Hibs. Very much left with my best wishes.

The Twitter equivalent of those big wonderful Uche step overs. All for show. 

At least we got a memorable goal from them. They got a bit of an own goal from the post. 

4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He wasn't good enough. 

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Absolutely. 

Niemi’s gloves
47 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Wycombe : 3 wins in 24 and he still can't get a game for them . An absolute cart horse of a player. 

Uche has started Wycombe’s last 5 games, scored in two of them and set up their goal against Spurs

been here before
36 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Uche has started Wycombe’s last 5 games, scored in two of them and set up their goal against Spurs

He didnt really.

He fired a hopefull ball over the 6 yard box, it took a lucky bounce off a Spurs defender and landed luckily at the strikers feet.

He didnt even look up when he knocked the ball over.

The ricochet off the defender could just as easily ended up in the stand or behind the striker or an og...

Edited by been here before

41 minutes ago, been here before said:

He didnt really.

He fired a hopefull ball over the 6 yard box, it took a lucky bounce off a Spurs defender and landed luckily at the strikers feet.

The ricochet off the defender could just as easily ended up in the stand or behind the striker or an og...

Steady..You'll be targeted by Wycombe twitter for that kind of slander. 

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Wycombe : 3 wins in 24 and he still can't get a game for them . An absolute cart horse of a player. 

he was injured until recently

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, been here before said:

He didnt really.

Just watched it again. OK it’s not a straightforward assist but without Uche using his strength to turn the defender and putting in a good cross into the danger area, there wouldn’t have been a goal.

Here’s how Clinton Morrison (ex-Crystal Palace striker) summarised in on Radio 5 Live:

”Fred Onyedima is a good player. But it’s all about Uche Ikpeazu, he does ever so well. He puts a good ball into the box and that’s what you want, your other striker running in to put it away”

As it happens, I wasn’t particularly a fan of Uche’s but some people’s desire to be negative about every player signed by Hearts in recent years gets a bit boring. And when it is combined with statements that are factually wrong (“Wycombe 3 wins in 24 and he can’t even get a game for them” to quote the poster I was replying to), it is just a bit too much. 

McGlynn The Money
10 hours ago, been here before said:

He didnt really.

Correct.

Uche never stopped trying, was unfairly treated by refs and scored a few goals for us. No idea why any Hearts fan should now be slagging him off. He will never be a world beater but he would have thrived with us this season. Edited to add only if refs gave him a fair deal

Edited by XB52
Added more

He will be a danger for teams if he is motivated correctly. 

I hope we have a sell on clause as the English market is crazy and Wycombe are going to be relagated.

• 3 weeks later...
alwaysthereinspirit

Uche - Bottom of League

Clare - Bottom of League

Washington - still in with a chance (7 goals)

Who else left and where are they?