Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

To be honest I did not pick up on his Amankwaa comment which was nonsense.

I was agreeing with his final comment - basically that he should not be a starter on Wednesday, based on the lack of confidence issue noted by another poster, and my opinion he is not yet ready for our first team.

Em.....

There is absolutely ZERO chance of Wighton starting tonight.

Edited by DH1986

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Em.....

There is absolutely ZERO chance of Whighton starting tonight.

Good.

13 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

some of the comments on here at the weekend re players performances

dear oh dear

i sincerely hope the team ram it up our collective arsehole tomorrow night

Amen to that!!!

5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Doubtful as far as I can tell from various interviews/articles in the papers. Should be available for Saturday though

Pity - IMO tonight is a bigger game than the one on Saturday.

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Doubtful as far as I can tell from various interviews/articles in the papers. Should be available for Saturday though

**** sake wanted to get on a scorecast for the night

Hopefully Uche makes it, the worry is that we may be dependent on him until Vanecek arrives. Hopefully the injury is nothing permanent. Mclean is no target man. Would rather see Naismith up top. Despite his size he is more of a problem for defenders. Maybe we could have kept Keena as back-up, but our squad should be able to cope now. Tonight will be hard and we must be prepared for a physical battle from the start. It is a great early opportunity for our players to get to Hampden, that should be enough motivation, Motherwell will be up for it and so must we be, it will be tough , and no place for any slackers. This game and Octobers games against what will be our closest rivals will tell us a lot about what stage our progress is at.

2 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Hopefully Uche makes it, the worry is that we may be dependent on him until Vanecek arrives. Hopefully the injury is nothing permanent. Mclean is no target man. Would rather see Naismith up top. Despite his size he is more of a problem for defenders. Maybe we could have kept Keena as back-up, but our squad should be able to cope now. Tonight will be hard and we must be prepared for a physical battle from the start. It is a great early opportunity for our players to get to Hampden, that should be enough motivation, Motherwell will be up for it and so must we be, it will be tough , and no place for any slackers. This game and Octobers games against what will be our closest rivals will tell us a lot about what stage our progress is at.

Think we would have kept Keena but he needed an operation [groin?] . Assume he can get match fit with Dunfermline . They'll , hopefully , get some benefit and we get a fully fit player back in January . 

Seems to be a combination of circumstances has left us a bit light up top . Lafferty , always going . Vanacek , Teplice wouldn't do deal and Keena , see above 

4 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Totally agree with this post.

I will be concerned if Uche doesnt make it.

If he doesnt then I agree that Naismith needs to be pushed further forward beside McLean and I would not start Wighton. Not a game for him tonight.

I would start Morrison and move Mitchell back to the left where he belongs.

We cant afford to be complacent like we were on Saturday. Its going to be a tough game and the players need to give it everything.

As much as I know we need Uche tonight, I wouldn’t be risking further issues with his injury by risking him against Motherwell. He is all we’ve got up there until January and October is just too big a month for us.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Pity - IMO tonight is a bigger game than the one on Saturday.

And tonight is the one Uche would be best suited for too.

It is ironic though, that for all Motherwell's whining about his challenge on their keeper, it was Uche who's actually been injured from it, their keeper was playing the very next game.

Edited by August Landmesser

17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

As much as I know we need Uche tonight, I wouldn’t be risking further issues with his injury by risking him against Motherwell. He is all we’ve got up there until January and October is just too big a month for us.

If we get beat tonight then we are out the cup. If we get beat on Saturday we are still top of the league.

I think its worth the risk tonight even if it means he doesnt play Saturday.

Agree that it there is a risk for a much longer term injury then he shouldnt be risked.

59 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Yes he’s cup tied so can’t play!

Just noticed that.

Big blow if Uche is out - hope we play Naismith up top with McLean tucked in behind, with Morrison starting to give us width and a bit of energy.  It's going to be tough one tonight!!

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

And tonight is the one Uche would be best suited for too.

It is ironic though, that for all Motherwell's whining about his challenge on their keeper, it was Uche who's actually been injured from it, their keeper was playing the very next game.

Something you will never hear mention by the BBC and pundits!!!!

Think Saturday looked very confused and frustrating, we know these players can perform so I'd only be looking to swap Morrison in for Wighton and get back to basics, push Naismith right up there with MacLean and get the wingers hitting the byline 

____________Zlamal 

Smith__Souttar__Dunne__Garrucio 

Morrison__Lee__Haring__Mitchell 

_____Naismith__MacLean 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Think Saturday looked very confused and frustrating, we know these players can perform so I'd only be looking to swap Morrison in for Wighton and get back to basics, push Naismith right up there with MacLean and get the wingers hitting the byline 

____________Zlamal 

_____Naismith__MacLean 

ABSOLUTELY THIS!!

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

and I would not start Wighton. Not a game for him tonight.

Just read he’s cup tied mate .

so we have to make a change 

With or without Uche we should have enough to beat an off form Motherwell. Saturday was a draw not due to Uche being out but down to several players being off their game out of position fairly new to Hearts. CL must not make the same mistake twice.

Edited by Rents

4 minutes ago, Rents said:

With or without Uche we should have enough to beat an off form Motherwell. Saturday was a loss not due to Uche being out but down to several players being off their game out of position fairly new to Hearts. CL must not make the same mistake twice.

Plus Livi have been on a far better run of  form than Well. Nothing is guaranteed but we should win this. 

53 minutes ago, dode said:

Just read he’s cup tied mate .

so we have to make a change 

hopefully someone reminds the management team ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

____________Zlamal 

_____Naismith__MacLean 

Really like look of this 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

____________Zlamal 

_____Naismith__MacLean 

Is this your team if Uche doesn’t play or, has it been confirmed that he isn’t?

2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

____________Zlamal 

_____Naismith__MacLean 

That's the team I would put out.

33 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is this your team if Uche doesn’t play or, has it been confirmed that he isn’t?

CL will keep Motherwell guessing until nearer the KO

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

CL will keep Motherwell guessing until nearer the KO

Ok, thanks.

Just glad at the minute that he is not definitely out.

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ok, thanks.

Just glad at the minute that he is not definitely out.

Think we need to prepare ourselves for the worst...........unless CL is playing a blinder!

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Think we need to prepare ourselves for the worst...........unless CL is playing a blinder!

Och well, we’ll just have to whip them 3-0 without him then!

:flagwave:

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Be amazed if Garuccio plays

And if Djoum doesn’t. If Uche is out my guess would be....

Zlamal 

Smith  Souttar  Dunne 

Lee     Haring     Djoum 

Morrison                              Mitchell 

Naismith  MacLean 

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The engine room is up and running,they will control the midfeld and we have goalscorers aplenty in this team really don't see any cause for concern tonight.

Captain Bubblebeard
1 hour ago, magicTs said:

Zlamal 

Smith  Souttar  Dunne 

Lee     Haring     Djoum 

Naismith  MacLean 

Any reason for Smith ahead of Dikamona? Not disagreeing, just not seen the latter play yet so just wondering if there is something about his style of play that would make him less suited for a back 3?

12 minutes ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Any reason for Smith ahead of Dikamona? Not disagreeing, just not seen the latter play yet so just wondering if there is something about his style of play that would make him less suited for a back 3?

I mean Smith has been a regular pick in a backline that’s lost only 2 goals in 6 league games so I don’t see why we would be chopping and changing back there just now especially for a huge cup 1/4 final. 

Thats no slight on Dikamona who I don’t know much about but personally I don’t see that this would be the game to throw him in. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Smith has been hiding behind the radar. Cracking player, now we see he's fit. Rightfully deserving of a starting slot.

Buzzing to watch the game on Hearts TV tonight.

4 hours ago, Rents said:

With or without Uche we should have enough to beat an off form Motherwell. Saturday was a draw not due to Uche being out but down to several players being off their game out of position fairly new to Hearts. CL must not make the same mistake twice.

CL didn't miss a penalty.

If the penalty is converted it is a totally different game.

Livingston would have had to be a bit more adventurous and wouldn't have been wasting as much time.

Selkirkhmfc1874
58 minutes ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Smith right back , dikamona central defender 

Captain Bubblebeard
19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Smith right back , dikamona central defender 

I’d always classify the right of a back three as a centre back rather than a right back. Maybe just too much Champ Man for me as that certainly is changing these days! Smith’s best game that I’ve seen was in that position v Celtic so I really don’t know what my point was tbh! Just really wondering more about Dikamona’s qualities, if he seems likely to be a first team contender or is purely coming in as backup. Too early to know for sure, I guess...

3 hours ago, magicTs said:

Zlamal 

Smith  Souttar  Dunne 

Lee     Haring     Djoum 

Naismith  MacLean 

BOOM!! 

That we weasle on Sports Sound fron

the telly needs to apologise for his red card crusade against the big man. 

He made an idiot of himself once again.