• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

It should’ve been 12!

I thought the big man was tremendous on Sunday, especially taking into account he wasn’t 100% fit, they couldn’t handle his physicality ??

Does anyone have footage of that moment in the first half when I think it was Goldson literally bounced off him and went sprawling to the ground and Uche broke up the left? ???

21 minutes ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

I thought the big man was tremendous on Sunday, especially taking into account he wasn’t 100% fit, they couldn’t handle his physicality ??

Does anyone have footage of that moment in the first half when I think it was Goldson literally bounced off him and went sprawling to the ground and Uche broke up the left? ???

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I think he makes a difference to the team, but I wish he would stop diving. 

Think he's going down because he's getting nothing from refs when he stays on his feet and defenders treat him like a climbing frame

chester copperpot
10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Think he's going down because he's getting nothing from refs when he stays on his feet and defenders treat him like a climbing frame

You have absolutely nailed it. He is getting nothing by being so strong, and as you say, the defenders are all over them as they can't handle his strength.

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

You have absolutely nailed it. He is getting nothing by being so strong, and as you say, the defenders are all over them as they can't handle his strength.

Just needs to mix it up a little. Defender thinks he will go down and he stays up and vice versa. All part of learning the game. He will only get better.

26 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I don’t disagree but it’s annoying when he can stay up and possibly produce something but decides to hit the deck when there is little contact. He did it twice on Sunday .

The_razors_edge

Saw a couple of arrogant hun tossbags on twitter saying they should go out and buy him. I'd like to think we'd ask for a fee well outside their price range - need to get him signed up on a longer deal.

• 2 years later...

Wasn't the best for us but still scored a few important goals against the shite and others, must say I'm delighted we have boyce up front now though, Wish uche well though in future.

Was a player everyone wanted to do well, but just didn’t hit the mark often enough . Very frustrating to watch as went down way to much, although he was man handled most games and was hardly treated by the refs as well on numerous occasions 

ToadKiller Dog

For that short period at the start of the season what was it 11 or 12 games ( though the team issues were there before that period ),defenders and refs were for that time unsure what to do with him. 

He never got back to that period .

I wouldnt be suprised if he returned to Scotland to play for a smaller club at some point and maybe score a goal or two against hibs . 

2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

For that short period at the start of the season what was it 11 or 12 games ( though the team issues were there before that period ),defenders and refs were for that time unsure what to do with him. 

He never got back to that period .

I wouldnt be suprised if he returned to Scotland to play for a smaller club at some point and maybe score a goal or two against hibs . 

Don’t know. Could be way wrong with this but ur point around the fact that when he started with us no one knew how to deal with him is an extremely valid point.

Maybe Levein (at the time) tried to re create a role for him that just didn’t suit him. Not saying this is the case but I sometimes wonder if he was the type of player that was one dimensional in the sense that he couldn’t be coached to play in a different fashion 

Others will say he just got found out and that opposition defenders learned how to play him. However with that said, he did have qualities that made it almost impossible for defenders to cope with him. I just feel if he was given free reign to do this that things might have panned out differently for him 

like I said could be wrong with this. Just an opinion. 

I actually never gave up on him, thought this season would be perfect to get his confidence up, which I think was a big issue.  I recall thinking he started games pretty well, always put in the effort anyway, but then got more and more frustrated with his own mistakes, and the shocking service he got. 

Def didn't have the mentality to be first pick centre forward, but scored some big goals and showed good ability in flashes.  Aware that this isn't a common view!

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looking at the brief FA Cup highlights, he's looking fit and strong. 

Always has been, it's his decision making, positioning, dribbling, passing, awareness, balance and general football abilities that were the issue. 

7 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Don’t know. Could be way wrong with this but ur point around the fact that when he started with us no one knew how to deal with him is an extremely valid point.

Maybe Levein (at the time) tried to re create a role for him that just didn’t suit him. Not saying this is the case but I sometimes wonder if he was the type of player that was one dimensional in the sense that he couldn’t be coached to play in a different fashion 

Others will say he just got found out and that opposition defenders learned how to play him. However with that said, he did have qualities that made it almost impossible for defenders to cope with him. I just feel if he was given free reign to do this that things might have panned out differently for him 

like I said could be wrong with this. Just an opinion. 

Watched an absolutely top drawer display by Keiran Tierney last night for Aresnal. The guy is a class player but it got me thinking back to the game against Celtic when Uche swept past him with ease to set up our winning goal.  He was  almost unplayable in a home match against Aberdeen so it is frustrating that he will be remembered as something of a curates egg.  

47 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Watched an absolutely top drawer display by Keiran Tierney last night for Aresnal. The guy is a class player but it got me thinking back to the game against Celtic when Uche swept past him with ease to set up our winning goal.  He was  almost unplayable in a home match against Aberdeen so it is frustrating that he will be remembered as something of a curates egg.  

I find it unbelievable [maybe not] people on here forget how effective he was early on . Remember Sutton arrogantly stating that Celtic should just sign him .

I'm sure it was suggested on here that the coaches got frustrated with him as he wouldn't listen ?

Definitely didn't get fair treatment from refs , lots of his tussles were 50/50 yet he was always penalised .

Needed to learn the dark arts for his position . Kevin Kyle maybe should have coached him

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Always has been, it's his decision making, positioning, dribbling, passing, awareness, balance and general football abilities that were the issue. 

Spot on. 

Another one that we probably didn’t get the best out of but then very few were sad to see go. 

The fact he’s been injured for about three months until a few weeks back also tells its own story. Another very injury prone player.

Would have been decent  for us this season in the Championship if fit but not of the quality for where we want to get to. Would only have been a bench player at best and his wages did not justify that. 

alwaysthereinspirit
14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Good luck to the big guy but was dugshite imo.

On the $#!te level meter, how low is dug$#!te?

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

I find it unbelievable [maybe not] people on here forget how effective he was early on . Remember Sutton arrogantly stating that Celtic should just sign him .

I'm sure it was suggested on here that the coaches got frustrated with him as he wouldn't listen ?

Definitely didn't get fair treatment from refs , lots of his tussles were 50/50 yet he was always penalised .

Needed to learn the dark arts for his position . Kevin Kyle maybe should have coached him

Agree.

Far from the finished article when he left, would love to have seen him given time and coached under a manager who knew how to play him as part of a team. One of these annoying  players who was 'almost there', showing all the signs but just didn't make the final step upwards.

9 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Uche swept by Hendry

Uche the destroyer, the destroyer of football, never looks to pass the ball and falls on his arse at every opportunity. 

Other than that though, great player. 

N Lincs Jambo

I always liked Uche. He never hid, got treated very badly by officials, scored and assisted v the vermin and gave rise to one of the best ever threads on JKB 😂

He didn't get treated very badly from officials, he's 6 foot something and built like a brick shit house, yet chooses to fall over all the time instead of just pass the ball.

12 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I always liked Uche. He never hid, got treated very badly by officials, scored and assisted v the vermin and gave rise to one of the best ever threads on JKB 😂

This.

Some posters are saying he was figured out but I don't think that was the case. I just think centre backs learned they could foul him with impunity.

Even then, his physicality still meant that he often had two defenders marking him rather than one. While that might not have been great for his own game, it certainly creates space for teammates if they could have used it.

I don't think we saw the best of him due to minor injuries at bad times (not helped with a lack of protection  from referees) and frequently changing tactics and managers. At the same time he still left us to go to a Championship club and would have left as an International player had Covid not seen the matches abandoned. Let's see how he gets on the rest of this season.

20 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He didn't get treated very badly from officials, he's 6 foot something and built like a brick shit house, yet chooses to fall over all the time instead of just pass the ball.

Dinnae, you'll make me angry. Was infuriating watching him decline the opportunity of a simple pass just so he could get in a pointless physical battle and either give away the ball or a free kick.

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Dinnae, you'll make me angry. Was infuriating watching him decline the opportunity of a simple pass just so he could get in a pointless physical battle and either give away the ball or a free kick.

You're obviously someone that actually watched him play, not like these other nutters ^^^

He did get a raw deal because of his size, but moreover his persistent fouling and falling on his arse was incredibly frustrating.

You've got to wonder what coaching he received when making the same mistakes every week.

Despite all that I rather liked him. Good luck to him in the future.

10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, this.

Used to drive me nuts every time Uche chose to fall on his arse rather than try to play football. Especially since it meant when he was actually fouled, he often didn't get the deciskon cos refs knew he liked to collapse to ghe floor under no pressure.

10 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Not being deliberately argumentative but he did hide. There were times when he clearly couldn’t be arsed. 

22 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Uche swept by Hendry

Positive blah blah blah!

Wait and see blah blah blah!

Negative blah blah blah!

Predictive blah!

Most of Kickback covered.