• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just scored the equaliser. Had a really good game against Brentford the other week. 

Not that I want him back but no shock to see the opinions not bothering to take measured informed up to the minute analysis 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just scored the equaliser. Had a really good game against Brentford the other week. 

Not that I want him back but no shock to see the opinions not bothering to take measured informed up to the minute analysis 

Again, I'll take the evidence of having watched him over a period of time, over a few games where he has done alright.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Again, I'll take the evidence of having watched him over a period of time, over a few games where he has done alright.

Bit defensive. 

Guy is playing well, Scottish referees did him no favours nor did the way we played him.

Not the best but far from the useless article being portrayed 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Bit defensive. 

Guy is playing well, Scottish referees did him no favours nor did the way we played him.

Not the best but far from the useless article being portrayed 

Not defensive, just bored of reading the same weak point about how he must be decent because he had 2 good games.

Uche was extremely limited. He was excellent the first time he played against most teams as they didn’t know what to do. 

Next time he’d play against them they’d sit off him and he’d be lost 

WoolfordsHearts

Loved big Uche. 

He was f****** hopeless though,watching him at East Fife breakdancing on the touchline trying to keep the ball in still haunts me.

He’s just a handful. His goal scoring record was far from great for us but he did score a few times v hibs and had a few good performances. Wasn’t sad to see him go as if we are honest, he was never going to cut it with us. 

I think playing for a team against the odds will suit him. He offers something different. Despite him technically not being very good he has got the ability to create something out of nothing (Goal v Spurs) Obviously strength is his biggest asset and he is very powerful when he gets the opportunity to run. Not having many touches of the ball and often left one on one with a defender with lots of space in behind will probably suit him. Also with no high expectations or pressure on him from a team like Wycombe. For us we were on the front foot, expected to win every week so there was a pressure and expectation there, we had lots of the ball, teams defended deep against us so doesn’t really suit his overall game. Never mind the fact that he got nothing from referees! If he had a good touch and was better technically he would be playing at a higher level 

good luck to him down there

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Loved big Uche. 

He was f****** hopeless though,watching him at East Fife breakdancing on the touchline trying to keep the ball in still haunts me.

Wasn’t that at St Johnstone?  But yeah, seemed a nice guy and a bit of a handful for defenders but spent most of the time on the ground and was a very poor footballer.  I’m not sure he can even strike a ball properly, always seemed to sclaff everything so a bit surprised he’s on penalties for Wycombe.  Maybe that’s why he always seemed more interested in wrestling than playing football.  

6 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Can't be, he never won a ball in the air at Hearts!

You missed the game v Caley then?

It's strange, wasn't a fan. So awkward, ungainly, shit.

However at ER when he was down the left wing against two he shows a lovely touch. Like a proper player. Even the roll to Hickey was nicely done, just caressed. And that ***** Beaton almost got in the way.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's strange, wasn't a fan. So awkward, ungainly, shit.

However at ER when he was down the left wing against two he shows a lovely touch. Like a proper player. Even the roll to Hickey was nicely done, just caressed. And that ***** Beaton almost got in the way.

That ball to hickey was meant for the referee. 

Shows you how little we have to talk about when we are regurgitating the same arguments over and over about this very limited "footballer"

He was clearly brought in to do a specific job, which he showed he was incapable of doing.

Just an aside to his on field antics, I took my son to a calendar singing event where the bulk of the 1st team squad were in attendance,  all of them fully engaging with the kids  smiling,  chatting , very happy to have photos taken....all of them bar.. Uche,  had a face like a slapped @rse throughout the whole thing..pathetic attitude for a so called professional.  That coupled with his very basic footballing "ability" means he wasn't missed and still isn't.

Hilarious how these trumpets who follow Wycombe think he is the saviour.

Edited by gorgieheart
Spelling

Neil Dongcaster
2 hours ago, number-16 said:

He'll be playing in the Championship again next season, even if he can't keep Wycombe up.

Hopefully we have a sell on.

14 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Can't be, he never won a ball in the air at Hearts!

you missed the game at killie,  header from the edge of the box, maybe you dont go to away games.

41 minutes ago, whyskey said:

you missed the game at killie,  header from the edge of the box, maybe you dont go to away games.

Great header in the league cup game at home to Inverness too.

Oops, never saw ColinMaroon's post.

Edited by whodanny

3 hours ago, whyskey said:

No longer, too old and small bladder!

On 31/01/2021 at 21:19, been here before said:

He didnt really.

He fired a hopefull ball over the 6 yard box, it took a lucky bounce off a Spurs defender and landed luckily at the strikers feet.

He didnt even look up when he knocked the ball over.

The ricochet off the defender could just as easily ended up in the stand or behind the striker or an og...

No change there then. Frustrating lack of awareness was his main problem...

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This will be the thread where we see everyone demanding a sell on clause 🤔🤔🤔

🤣🤣🤣

Class of 75

Is this a late April fools? Unbelievable. Nice guy and enjoyed watching him in some games but never a million. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Warnock sacked by xmas if this one goes through. Every dinosaur reaches the end of the road at some point. A million quid for Uche :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Just shows you how overrated that league is.

It shows you something is overrated. Not sure if it’s the player or the league. Could well be both. 

BackOfTheNet

“No, it’s the children who are wrong”. Lots of Principal Skinner’s on this forum.

Too many on here have went over the top about how bad they think Ikpeazu is that when news like this comes out they double down out of stubbornness. Maybe if folk weren’t too OTT about his weaknesses then they wouldn’t be like that.

He’s no world beater, that’s clear. But he’s now going to be signed by two Championship sides and for a reason. And they’re not signing him because he’s a bad player.

I’m not saying people should be admitting they’re wrong. Football is about opinions and of course it’s possible for a player to improve upon his performances he had for us since he left. But the doubling down is unnecessary.

Saint Jambo

A sell on fee would be nice, but with a reported initial fee of £750k, even a high 25% sell on fee would only be around £185k. A nice bonus, but hardly a game changing amount of money for this season's budget.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This will be the thread where we see everyone demanding a sell on clause 🤔🤔🤔

He is definitely a Neil warnock signing! Battering ran up front. League 1 standard for me but since he left on a free I would have expected a clause 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

He is definitely a Neil warnock signing! Battering ran up front. League 1 standard for me but since he left on a free I would have expected a clause 

Who was the battering ram he had at Cardiff?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

WoolfordsHearts

Gave the big man a playful dig in the ribs as I passed him in the Asda at Slateford and a thumbs up.

It took an eternity for him to compute it was friendly on my part and a thumbs up back.

Had visions of him scattering me into the flowers and cigarette counter.😄

Good luck to him.

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Who was the battering ram he had at Cardiff?

CP? Signed as a rb then either played

up front or attacking mid

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Newton51 said:

CP? Signed as a rb then either played

up front or attacking mid

Wouldn’t count Paterson as a battering ram. Physical, but not ram. I can’t think of anyone at Cardiff when I saw them in the Premier League - which admittedly wasn’t that much. I recall them having players like Murphy and Decadova-Reid and a couple of forwards that came off the bench most games (forget the names) and don’t remember any battering rams.

A very strange player.

Build like a brick shithouse, bags of skill, good close control, a real presence up front and a nightmare for defenders.  However he is quite awful some weeks and unpalyable the next.  His scoring could be a lot better too but he does score crucial goals when it counts.

I really liked him and loved how we had him even for a short while.  However, I wouldn't like him in our team now as we would change our style to suit him and I don't want that.

Edited by i8hibsh

Said it before and I'll say it again

He's not in the top 50 or bottom 50 players to play for us in the last 20 years

Good luck to him

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wouldn’t count Paterson as a battering ram. Physical, but not ram. I can’t think of anyone at Cardiff when I saw them in the Premier League - which admittedly wasn’t that much. I recall them having players like Murphy and Decadova-Reid and a couple of forwards that came off the bench most games (forget the names) and don’t remember any battering rams.

They did have hoilett but i was thinking historically Neil warnock plying direct football.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

A very strange player.

Build like a brick shithouse, bags of skill, good close control, a real presence up front and a nightmare for defenders.  However he is quite awful some weeks and unpalyable the next.  His scoring could be a lot better too but he does score crucial goals when it counts.

I really liked him and loved how we had him even for a short while.  However, I wouldn't like him in our team now as we would change our style to suit him and I don't want that.

Am I the only one who remembers him going in the huff and not trying under Stendel or is that overlooked now. The rumours, which tied in with his on field attitude, that he was pretending to be injured. Baffling some of the favourable comments but especially yours given the fact you get so pissed off about everything. 

I really liked the big guy. Two things let him down, made a lot of bad decisions. Scottish Refs made parts of his game impossible to function. 

JamboAl1965

Delighted for him. Great attitude. Great belief.  Had moments of brilliance that need nurtured and developed with patience and skill. Unfortunately hearts is seldom the place to get that. Maybe a minding for us to be a little more supportive. 

BackOfTheNet
Just now, GinRummy said:

Am I the only one who remembers him going in the huff and not trying under Stendel or is that overlooked now. The rumours, which tied in with his on field attitude, that he was pretending to be injured. Baffling some of the favourable comments but especially yours given the fact you get so pissed off about everything. 

I think Stendel made it clear to him, as he did with others, that he was not part of his plans. But I also saw him being quite effective as an impact sub under Stendel. I think his confidence was low (never quite regained pre-injury form which didn’t help, as fans had been calling him a huddy well before Stendel came in) but I remember him being useful and trying. Maybe trying too hard in fact.