Uche Ikpeazu

tartofmidlothian

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

He really wasnt.

You’ve never actually watched him play if you believe that. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Should've knocked this ****'s head off

2128080683_GettyImages-1146220974(1).thumb.jpg.43d2105f6a68000ec2290bd93811636d.jpg

Uche could've eaten Broonie for breakfast.

Broonaldo v Ferguson? Nae contest!

Perhaps a reason it’s taking us so long to sign players when the likes of Uche are going for that kind of money 

Oh, and does anyone have footage of him getting a foul awarded AGAINST him at Tynie after being brought down in a head-lock? I seem to remember it being v Motherwell. Or was I trippin'? 🤔

7 hours ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

He never hid in a game. Thats your starter for 10

No disrespect but that is simply untrue. 

been here before
5 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

You’ve never actually watched him play if you believe that. 

Dont think I missed a game in which he  'played'. 

Sorry for not buying into the narrative there's an anti Hearts conspiracy amongst referees though.

A 6ft 3 brick shithouse suddenly turning into Bambi on Ice when he backed into a defender and that defender gave something back resulting in him sitting there arms out stretched and a plaintive look on his face.

BackOfTheNet

Ah yes, the lazy stubborn pub chat views about players again. Hearts fans can be the worst for this by the way, no grey areas, everything is one extreme or the other. Same with Irving, he’s either the the best prospect we’ve made a huge mistake letting go or a 3. Liga team in Germany is about his level. I know it’s a forum but it’s not a character limit based platform like Twitter. Words can be used to discuss players in context and discuss nuances. Not everyone is utter tripe or the best thing since sliced bread. It’s okay to say that Ikpeazu has some great qualities that weren’t utilised by us correctly and played some great games for us - but it’s also okay to say he had moments where he let the physical nature of our game up here frustrate him too much that he let referee decisions and defenders put him off his game too much, or that he was too inconsistent in front of goal or should have done better than he did. These things are not mutually exclusive. Our support has people way, way too stubborn - to both extremes - when it comes to our players. And whether it’s about Hearts or anything, remember people it’s fine to have an opinion that’s not a strong conclusive one way or the other on a subject. Crying out loud.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Nessjambo67

The amount of money being touted for big uche is really quite unbelievable but that said I also laughed when we got £1M for Osman Sow a few years back also someone who was not worth the transfer fee I guess you take the good with the bad 

King prawn
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Sorry for not buying into the narrative there's an anti Hearts conspiracy amongst referees though.

A 6ft 3 brick shithouse suddenly turning into Bambi on Ice when he backed into a defender and that defender gave something back resulting in him sitting there arms out stretched and a plaintive look on his face.

:spoton: 

King prawn
6 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

The amount of money being touted for big uche is really quite unbelievable but that said I also laughed when we got £1M for Osman Sow a few years back also someone who was not worth the transfer fee I guess you take the good with the bad 

Osman Sow was a better player for us in my opinion but I was surprised at the amount we got for him as well.

Forever Hearts
10 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

0% of people thought his next move would be for £1m

That doesn't mean you don't stick a clause in. 

Maroon Sailor
48 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Osman Sow was a better player for us in my opinion but I was surprised at the amount we got for him as well.

Might have been but he was a bit of a pansy for a forward. Don't think he ever scored with his head for Hearts. At least Uche got in amongst it at set pieces in to the box.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah yes, the lazy stubborn pub chat views about players again. Hearts fans can be the worst for this by the way, no grey areas, everything is one extreme or the other. Same with Irving, he’s either the the best prospect we’ve made a huge mistake letting go or a 3. Liga team in Germany is about his level. I know it’s a forum but it’s not a character limit based platform like Twitter. Words can be used to discuss players in context and discuss nuances. Not everyone is utter tripe or the best thing since sliced bread. It’s okay to say that Ikpeazu has some great qualities that weren’t utilised by us correctly and played some great games for us - but it’s also okay to say he had moments where he let the physical nature of our game up here frustrate him too much that he let referee decisions and defenders put him off his game too much, or that he was too inconsistent in front of goal or should have done better than he did. These things are not mutually exclusive. Our support has people way, way too stubborn - to both extremes - when it comes to our players. And whether it’s about Hearts or anything, remember people it’s fine to have an opinion that’s not a strong conclusive one way or the other on a subject. Crying out loud.

Didn’t read past this nonsense. 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Didn’t read past this nonsense. 

Yet you felt the need to reply and comment regardless. Not strange behaviour at all that.

King prawn
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Might have been but he was a bit of a pansy for a forward. Don't think he ever scored with his head for Hearts. At least Uche got in amongst it at set pieces in to the box.

Sow scored 1 header and Uche 2 as far as I can remember. 

Sow scored 23 goals in 52 games 

Ikpeazu 10 in 55 (5 in the league)

I know who I would rather have. 

Jeffros Furios

Its not just the transfer fee he will probably be on over £10k a week ! 

Midloth_Iain
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Got a late equaliser at Easter Road that wiped the smiles off the Hibby faces:-

Memorable game for Uche.

Gives away the penalty.

Almost scored a worldie in last minute.

Best game I have seen him in was v Celtic ( Kyle Lafferty goal), he was immense that day never stopped and gave the Sellick defence a torrid time. Unfortunately these performances were few and far between, still good luck to him.

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Sow scored 1 header and Uche 2 as far as I can remember. 

Sow scored 23 goals in 52 games 

Ikpeazu 10 in 55 (5 in the league)

I know who I would rather have. 

How many of Sow's goals were in the Championship ?

King prawn
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

How many of Sow's goals were in the Championship ?

He scored 9 in the league in the premiership, Uche 5. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

He scored 9 in the league in the premiership, Uche 5. 

Pretty even - Uche was out with an injury for a while

been here before
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

How can you use so many words to say nothing? 

:lol:

BackOfTheNet
Just now, been here before said:

How can you use so many words to say nothing? 

:lol:

I find the alternative of ignorant bliss not as blissful as it pertains to be

johnthomas

All valid points 

What do valid points make on here ?

Fekkbuggerall

King prawn
8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Pretty even - Uche was out with an injury for a while

Not even in the slightest.

Sow scored 9 in 23 in one season, Uche 2 in 23 and 3 in 17 in his two seasons.

but let’s forget all that because Sow was a pansy and Uche “put himself about a bit” 

Edited by King prawn

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Not even in the slightest.

Sow scored 9 in 23 in one season, Uche 2 in 23 and 3 in 17 in his two seasons.

but let’s forget all that because Sow was a pansy and Uche “put himself about a bit” 

What you getting so narky about ?

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

All valid points 

What do valid points make on here ?

Fekkbuggerall

I’m finding that out

Nookie Bear

Yet you felt the need to reply and comment regardless. Not strange behaviour at all that.

I started to read and only got that far. If you think we are the worst for judging players then i can't value your judgement at this time...sorry!

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I started to read and only got that far. If you think we are the worst for judging players then i can't value your judgement at this time...sorry!

My post was about how too many Hearts fans don’t take the time to consider context or nuances and instead want to go for an extreme point of view one way or another. You then come along and read two lines of my post and call the entire post (which you claim not to have read) utter nonsense. Therefore succinctly proving my point in the process. Cheers.

Like most I laughed when I heard this, but maybe our coaching team could have done a better job with him. 

Someone mentioned earlier that he often played the man not the ball and we all seen him fall on his arse constantly. Should have been reasonably easy to coach  that out of him.

Good luck to him

51 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Have to laugh at "it wiz Scottish refs fault that Uche couldnae trap a bag of cement". :laugh2:

Pretty much this. Loved the big guy and willed him to do well but just didn’t happen. He did get it tough but Referees didn’t make him shite at the basic things. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What you getting so narky about ?

He's not, he's just saying your "pretty even" comment was utter mince! 

Having watched both, Sow was far better than Uche was for us. 

Wish the big man well tho. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Pretty much this. Loved the big guy and willed him to do well but just didn’t happen. He did get it tough but Referees didn’t make him shite at the basic things. 

He concentrated on backing ibt the defender too much, often leaving tha ball. 

It was incredible to watch at times. 

Big guy was at his best running the channels imo, his aerial ability, first touch and general awareness made him a shite target man, despite his size. 

He did flatter to deceive early doors, remember Sevco were sniffing at him for a time - at least their media in the weege were.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 hours ago, been here before said:

I didn’t say there was an anti Hearts conspiracy against Hearts from refs.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

You'll see this more due to Covid.

Hearts released Uche to save money. An opportunity for others. 

Yeah I guess you're right, I still think if we'd used him properly, we'd have been able to cash in ourselves (and perhaps wouldb't have been where we ended up either).

No world beater, but had a huge upside to his game, which we only very rarely utilised.  Our attempts at modern, possession based football which saw us pass it about slowly at the back until there was a modicum of pressure then blooter it forward, just didn't suit anyone.  A quick, hard running approach, feeding the ball to the big guy's feet and getting guys running beyond him was what was required, but we either didn't have or didn't use any dynamism elsewhere in the team.  Unless we played Rangers or Hibs, weirdly!

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah I guess you're right, I still think if we'd used him properly, we'd have been able to cash in ourselves (and perhaps wouldb't have been where we ended up either).

No world beater, but had a huge upside to his game, which we only very rarely utilised.  Our attempts at modern, possession based football which saw us pass it about slowly at the back until there was a modicum of pressure then blooter it forward, just didn't suit anyone.  A quick, hard running approach, feeding the ball to the big guy's feet and getting guys running beyond him was what was required, but we either didn't have or didn't use any dynamism elsewhere in the team.  Unless we played Rangers or Hibs, weirdly!

Fair comment.

His early form was never quite sustained. 

I do think its complex. Exactly why he was so good early on. We had Olly Lee and Haring in central midfield. Djoum returning from injury made a lot of things worse. 

What exactly was missing would be an interesting 10,000 word analysis. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Maroon Sailor
57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's not, he's just saying your "pretty even" comment was utter mince! 

Having watched both, Sow was far better than Uche was for us. 

Wish the big man well tho. 

Sow wasn't far better- never in a million years was he far better.

What utter mince !

Two average players at best

"""Ikpeazu leaves Wycombe Wanderers for £750,000, the transfer potentially rising to £1 million with add-ons. The striker left Hearts for Wycombe last summer and will remain at Championship level this season, despite his former club’s relegation to League One.""" 

132goals1958
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

He did flatter to deceive early doors, remember Sevco were sniffing at him for a time - at least their media in the weege were.

Chris Sutton touted him for Celtic although he liked to be controversial. Still recall Uche brushing aside Tierney to set up a Lafferty goal and causing all sorts of mayhem in the Aberdeen defence when he was almost unplayable.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Sow wasn't far better- never in a million years was he far better.

What utter mince !

Two average players at best

Fair enough, for us I thought Sow was far better. 

Missed him when he left as well imo.