• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• tartofmidlothian

• BackOfTheNet

• been here before

25 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

He was fantastic, despite the ref doing him no favours.

2 bits of play in particular. The strength to keep the ball and then the reverse pass to McLean for the 4th was brilliant. Secondly, Souter blasted a header high into the corner of the pitch, then Uche facing away from goal held off the defender managed to turn inside and take it towards goal. His shot (well hit) was blocked but it’s that kind of play we will hopefully see more of 

Good.

This is what we talk about when a forward hasn't scored but must contribute in other ways.

Too many forwards just wait to be served. Others keep working and playing in others, or still look to get efforts in through sheer will.

See that interview with Kevin Kyle and him mentioning about getting very little from refs up here when he is actually the one being fouled? I really think the SFA need to have a word with the refs association to give the benefit of the doubt to the striker unless an obvious infraction is being made (elbowing). Whats more exciting to the spectator, a defensive free kick or whatever the striker manages to do? 

Regardless, really happy with securing this guy. Think he's gonna hit a few this season!

Think he looks a real find.

Needed a big striker that can hold a ball up to bring the team into games. 

Need this sort of player when we play teams that will have the ball more than us. 

He was much more involved second half. Constantly fouled first 45 but given absolutely nothing from Dallas. Play for Naisy and Maccas goals was superb, uses his size so well then bursts away from defenders. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Been told he was really good but hampered by a ref giving nothing when he was fouled.

That sums it up well ?

Famous 1874

Dallas gave everything against him. Arguably could have been a red for their centre half when he was pulling his shirt while last man but then ended up giving a freekick against Uche.

maroonsgotop

Put in a helluva shift. Continually fouled in 1st half but got nothing from Dallas. Was almost unplayable in 2nd half playing a big part in the penalty and setting up McLean. Simply superb. Looks like we have anot cult hero at long last

He’ll get very little protection with our Refs. 

I noticed Naismith chatting to him and telling him to stay cool as it was obvious he was getting the sh!t kick out of him as well as being held. 

I said during the game Dallas is a bad ref but he really pulled all the stops out today and made sure he got most things wrong.

Edited by Dannie Boy

9 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Dallas gave everything against him. Arguably could have been a red for their centre half when he was pulling his shirt while last man but then ended up giving a freekick against Uche.

Thought this might happen, and it will probably be the way it will be for him and us until he signs for Celtic or Rangers.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

He’ll get very little protection with our Refs. 

I noticed Naismith chatting to him and telling him to stay cool as it was obvious he was getting the sh!t kick out of him as well as being held. 

I said during the game Dallas is a bad ref but he really pulled all the stops out today and made sure he got most things wrong.

Dallas, your a *****, your dads a ***** ad infinitum 

Kirky Jambo
9 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

I think that was the one where he actually gave nothing and motioned that it was a “six and half a dozen” type situation. Which was bizarre given Uche was away and had absolutely no reason to hold on to the defender. Levein was going mental

Cruyff Turn

Defenders just can't cope with the big man.

Old chocolate knees MacLean is a great signing as well. 

And Naisy, he's different class.

maroonlegions

Scottish refs are shite the whole of European football knows it too.:tlj:

Edited by maroonlegions

Horatio Caine

He will need to keep his cool next week.  Brown & co will be all over him trying to wind him up.  TBF it's their only way of dealing with him.

Alex Kintner

Most important signing of the summer (with the exception of Naismith).

We can build a team and tactics around Uche. ?

Brighton Jambo

What is great is I just had to wrack my brains as to who is our top scorer after five games of the season.  Uche, McLean, Haring, nope Naismith with four.  And Lafferty hasn’t even got up and running yet.  Early days but amazing start in terms of goals scored and chances created.  

Jambosteve1902

He'l be a frustrating player, at the game today and referee really didnt' want to give him alot of the decisions but he has alot of heart he chases  hes strong and he's more than happy to just not score if it means we win which is hugely important for a good striker, he seems to real enjoy his football here right over to our fans after game too so praise for the chap. 

1 hour ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Some of Dallas's decisions were absolutely baffling. Uche regularly won the ball despite being fouled, only for Dallas to then penalise him for something that only he saw. Mental.

Big Uche had a great game today and will start against Celtic imo.

54 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

I think that was the one where he actually gave nothing and motioned that it was a “six and half a dozen” type situation. Which was bizarre given Uche was away and had absolutely no reason to hold on to the defender. Levein was going mental

That one was unreal.

He also took an elbow and got absolutely nothing.

He was an absolute machine today. Didn’t have too many chances to score but tied defenders in knots, was key in the build up to the penalty and his style of holding off his man then just running straight at the defence had them running scared. 

The one where Naismith was through, but took a bad touch and squared it to him was probably his best chance. 

Even when he’s not creating or scoring chances for himself he is working to win the ball and bring other players in to the game which is something that we’ve really been lacking.

I love the guy to bits already and I can’t wait to see him next week against that lot. 

What a find he is! 

He did look like his hamstrings were getting a bit tight towards the end, but it looked more like cramp than a pull. Levein spotted it right away and took him off for KL, so hopefully there are no after effects.

Clerry Jambo
19 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What is great is I just had to wrack my brains as to who is our top scorer after five games of the season.  Uche, McLean, Haring, nope Naismith with four.  And Lafferty hasn’t even got up and running yet.  Early days but amazing start in terms of goals scored and chances created.  

BJ, nothing against Brighton, but bet placed that your boys will finish bottom of the EPL, thoughts?

i wish jj was my dad
23 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

The Sun (yeah I know) have him rated as a 6 today :laugh:

You are ####ing kidding. 

reading the sun though:jj_facepalm:

Can’t wait for him to tear those pair of erse cheek hobo centre half’s another one in the first derby

What length of contract is he on? I'm thinking it will be 2 years.

I am hoping his treatment from refs improves but other Hearts players should really be yelling at refs to award fouls in his favour., not just leave it all to the big man,

The ref attitude (and it won't just be Dallas) seems to be 'you're a bit laddie, yes it's a foul but you should be strong enough to deal with it!' Rules of the game binned because the guy's a powerhouse. Instead of seeing the guy's that strong, they're having to foul him constantly. How do you walk off after that and call yourself a referee?

Punks No Deid
58 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You are ####ing kidding. 

reading the sun though:jj_facepalm:

I know but when it’s to do with The Famous (especially when we win) I look at all the reports n usually see how far away they are from how I saw the game - usually results in me thinking ? they didn’t have someone at the game n they were just listening to the wireless 

The rat catcher
On 30/07/2018 at 13:01, Hertz51 said:

What is it the big man was saying to the fans yesterday after he scored? 

"Hubs are a pub team"

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

I know but when it’s to do with The Famous (especially when we win) I look at all the reports n usually see how far away they are from how I saw the game - usually results in me thinking ? they didn’t have someone at the game n they were just listening to the wireless 

Even although I sat beside you if they are reporting we won 4-1 I'm now no sure it really happened.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

BJ, nothing against Brighton, but bet placed that your boys will finish bottom of the EPL, thoughts?

I would be gutted!  Seriously though I think our home form was good last season except against top six, then in last few home games we beat Arsenal, Man united and drew with Spurs so confidence to get a good haul of points  at home will be high.  Away form was dreadful though and if not improved could be a problem.

we have strengthened strongly in the right areas however there is always the risk of second season syndrome.  

I think Huddersfield and Cardiff are definitely weaker than us but there about five others including us who will be in the mix.  If palace lose Zaha they could really struggle.  

I predict we finish 14th!  

On 7/31/2018 at 00:05, Gashauskis9 said:

Listening to his post match interview, he sounded like he was strong mentally, not something you typically attribute to a lad his age.  Kept talking about the importance of his personal goals, so clearly a determination and discipline to him.

Great point - he seems to be very grounded mentally and in tune with his strengths and weaknesses - big humble guy as well and seems to appreciate what he does in life,

think he could be a real real find for us in the potential mould of fuller and de vries (no quite yet!) if he keeps going 

really like him 

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

What length of contract is he on? I'm thinking it will be 2 years.

I am hoping his treatment from refs improves but other Hearts players should really be yelling at refs to award fouls in his favour., not just leave it all to the big man,

The ref attitude (and it won't just be Dallas) seems to be 'you're a bit laddie, yes it's a foul but you should be strong enough to deal with it!' Rules of the game binned because the guy's a powerhouse. Instead of seeing the guy's that strong, they're having to foul him constantly. How do you walk off after that and call yourself a referee?

It's exactly the same in the converse... IE Scotland won't produce a Jimmy Johnston or even half a Leo Messi because size is everything and the laws of the game don't apply (until you sign for SevTic) whether you're wee or big only if you're a 6ft clone. It's fairly depressing usually. I say usually because Uche is a most unique character. A guy who thrives on a pagger I'd wager, but is unlikely to lose his cool.

Glad to see a few others are noting that he's a potential cult hero/legend. He reminds me of a young Emile Heskey in that he's a big powerful forward but can really play football and has a good turn of pace. It's obviously early days but I'm well looking forwards to watching this guy progress in maroon.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Him running at Boyata, Lustig, Hanlon & Ambrose, makes my Jimmy tingle...

:sweeet:

Up against Ajer and Hendry next week

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Him running at Boyata, Lustig, Hanlon & Ambrose, makes my Jimmy tingle...

Our resident poet couldn't have put that better himself, so to speak !

On 7/25/2018 at 08:29, haj said:

Why was their keeper going off his nut? There was clearly no malice about the challenge but he reacted like Uche had just tried to smack him in the face.

weird

Pikachew - I love it ;)

He had me on my feet and  particularly when he left Brown and two others wondered how he evaded them. He made a huge difference today and the Mhanks couldn’t cope neither could Beaton 

Edited by Dannie Boy

His fitness and work rate are absolutely exemplary given the size of him. He will destroy some defences this year. 

His interview on Sky Sports after the match was fantastic - this is a guy who is loving being here and wants to be a hero for us. Said that was the biggest win of his career. And no mention of 'stepping stone to the EPL'.