• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, norrie1952 said:

They're talking about all their injuries. Excuses coming already. 

Aye, but how many of them will make miraculous recoveries to play on Sunday?

What are the extent of their injuries, I genuinely have no clue?

Victor Meldrew
1 minute ago, magicTs said:

Simunovic off on a stretcher. Would be very surprised if he's now available. So Lustig, Hendry and possibly Benkovic their central defensive options.

BBC report said Lustig had his ankle strapped up when he came on so there’s a chance playing tonight might help to rule him out for Sunday too

13 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Aye, but how many of them will make miraculous recoveries to play on Sunday?

What are the extent of their injuries, I genuinely have no clue?

Brown, Bitton and Ajer are out of Sunday.

Griffiths and Rogic never traveled to Germany and both appear to be significant doubts for Sunday. Whether they are risked may well tell a lot about how how much Celtic want to win the League Cup. My guess is one or both may be on the bench. 

Simunovic off on a stretcher and to me it looked like he twisted his ankle on landing and will be out of Sunday.

Plus Boyata is suspended for Sunday. Nobody seems to know what the situation is with Mulumbu but he wasn't involved against Hibs or Leipzig.

Edited by magicTs

Christie gets the guy booked.

His time at Aberdeen with hayes & Co, and Hayes at Celtic, has ingrained the swallow dive into his game.

3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Brown, Bitton and Ajer are out of Sunday.

Griffiths and Rogic never traveled to Germany and both appear to be significant doubts for Sunday. Whether they are risked may well tell a lot about how how much Celtic want to win the League Cup. My guess is one or both may be on the bench. 

Simunovic off on a stretcher and to me it looked like he twisted his ankle on landing and will be out of Sunday.

Plus Boyata is spend for Sunday. Nobody seems to know what the situation is with Mulumbu but he wasn't involved against Hibs or Leipzig.

There is NO way that Celtic will not play their strongest team on Sunday

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

There is NO way that Celtic will not play their strongest team on Sunday

If by "strongest team" available to play then yes I agree. They won't be able to play the "strongest team" they have as some of their best players are injured. Same as us.

EastSideJambo
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Bonner desperate to make it sound like celtic are competitive whilst Leipzig switched off after the break

Bonner is a disgrace on Sportsound. A Celtic cheerleader completely devoid of any interest in making meaningful comment about another Scottish side 

NaturalOrder74

Routine win for the Germans one shot on target for Celtic cheeky injury, long flight back from Germany to play the big phisical hearts on Sunday 

The Apprentice
2 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Bonner is a disgrace on Sportsound. A Celtic cheerleader completely devoid of any interest in making meaningful comment about another Scottish side 

Bang on!

So will this be the week the media start to question Rodgers European record or will it be put down to the league being shite and the opposition too strong for poor wee Celtic??

Couple of close chances for Celtic towards the end of that game!

i just hope we don’t get too cocky and think we will win the semi too easily 

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

N Lincs Jambo

Quite happy with that result tbh. Any time they get a real spanking in Europe they always seem to find a way to give the same out to the next team they play domestically. They shouldn't be hurting too badly tonight so my confidence levels for Sunday on the rise.

According to text coverage Celtic are slap bang out of their depth away from home in Europe.

One win and 6 draws in their last 19.

Criminal.  Hibs are better than that.

1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Couple of close chances for Celtic towards the end of that game!

i just hope we don’t get too cocky and think we will win this too easily 

do you mean the players and management at Hearts? Because I can assure you they will know how hard it will be.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

do you mean the players and management at Hearts? Because I can assure you they will know how hard it will be.

I hope you’re right 

EastSideJambo
4 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Bang on!

It's chronic mate. I'm not sure how BBC allow it. Mind you that lot have subjected us to Chick Young for years and give Dodds and Duffy a gig anytime they're unemployed. I used to think Murder McLeod was bad but Bonner is infinitely worse 

BBC monopolise Scottish football coverage so you can't listen to anything else. That walloper Liam McLeod is torture too 

Edited by EastSideJambo

Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I hope you’re right 

Celtic are the champions. Nothing wrong with having confidence but the players will never be over confident.

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hearts really do have to guard against complacency.

sorry but that is just garbage. I think you were maybe saying that tongue in cheek.

Edited by Riccarton3

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hearts really do have to guard against complacency.

Not a chance Big Craig will allow that, a quick reminder of the trip to Ibrox will knock that out of them!

EastSideJambo
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Celtic are the champions. Nothing wrong with having confidence but the players will never be over confident.

Nor should they be. But we'll never have a better chance to beat them and get to a final. That will allow league business to tick away nicely in the intervening period 

Still a massively difficult game on Sunday though 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

sorry but that is just garbage.

I know.  It was an attempt at humour so bad it was on a hibs level.

If it's any consolation I'm kicking myself senseless.

4 minutes ago, BurnieHearts said:

That Ntcham is awful, truly awful. 

BBC coverage saying he looked knackered in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know.  It was an attempt at humour so bad it was on a hibs level.

If it's any consolation I'm kicking myself senseless.

Ha ha I edited my response. Reckoned you were at it. Still hope to be smoking a cigar in S20 come Sunday with 15 mins to go....

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

BBC coverage saying he looked knackered in the second half.

Aye from conceiding possesion all night. 

16 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

100% absolute disgrace for one club to have their own correspondent who only covers their games. Can't think of another example. 

1 minute ago, BurnieHearts said:

Aye from conceiding possesion all night. 

Hope he's fit enough to start on Sunday then.

EastSideJambo
Just now, LeftBack said:

100% absolute disgrace for one club to have their own correspondent who only covers their games. Can't think of another example. 

Spot on. He covers Celtic exclusively and their opponents on a given day are a complete irrelevance to him. He's ignorant of opposing players  

A ***** as a player too back in the day 

Delighted the tramps were well beaten again

Copied and pasted from a Celtic forum sorry,  do it Craig do it, high press them

They’ve high pressed the life out of us. Keep trying to play it out from the back and we just constantly hand them back possession.

22 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

His standard line when Broony goes way over the top in a challenge is 'a booking for both players is the right decision, there. Just get up and get on with it.'

EastSideJambo
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

His standard line when Broony goes way over the top in a challenge is 'a booking for both players is the right decision, there. Just get up and get on with it.'

He is horrendous. Biased doesn't near cover it