• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• Morgan

• graygo

• Bazzas right boot

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

What do the speech bubbles on the right say?

McGinn will sign for Villa.

30 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Not really, they seem to think that being champions of a shite league like the SPL due to their financial disparity is more of an achievement than finishing 4th in the biggest league in the world (England).

By their logic, Celtic should get into the group stages for winning a league they repeatedly condescend and talk down, whereas Champions League finalists Liverpool should sit out as they finished 4th in England.

Correct! In fact they should have to play more qualifiers seeing as they are an Irish club anyway 

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, Daz1874 said:

Haha I wondered what that was

Am i the only one hoping it was an anthrax bomb?

Again I watch with confusion as to how this Celtic team will yet again stroll to another League title. Brendan Rodgers has failed at every decent test put his way in Europe.

chester copperpot

Can still see them progressing as they will be right up for it next week after falling 3 points behind in the league come Saturday.

Plus AEK were absolute dogshite tnite. The other Greek team proved that last week being put out by H1b5.

2 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Again I watch with confusion as to how this Celtic team will yet again stroll to another League title. Brendan Rodgers has failed at every decent test put his way in Europe.

And barely a solitary member of the SMM questioned it. Last seasons group stage was nothing short of humiliation. 

Was never a second yellow so justice was done there. Confident they will tuck that filth away in the second leg at home. Pleased with that . 

Bet Griffiths and Sinclair start on Saturday 

cardboardcutout

Europa league is their level, I doubt that sellick or sevco will qualify for the CL as it now stands.

John Findlay
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Was never a second yellow so justice was done there. Confident they will tuck that filth away in the second leg at home. Pleased with that . 

Bet Griffiths and Sinclair start on Saturday 

They are naps for Saturday.

54 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i wonder if the next in a long line of fines for celtic will be because of this

789a74fe-6a85-4f68-b565-5bde871a36f0.jpg

Agree with their point tbh. Hardly a "Champions" League when a bunch of also rans are launched straight into the group stage.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Let's end a shite week for the Mhanks by donating the Jambo diamond cutter right up them on Saturday. 

We can do it.

Quality. :laugh:

Brilliant.  Couldnae get a result against 10 men at home.  Trust they will have another miserable result on Saturday.

Looking forward to brendan's interview.  Maybe the grass was the wrong length.????

Or the foreign ref.

Ta ta Champions League.

Jambo Radus
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Let's end a shite week for the Mhanks by donating the Jambo diamond cutter right up them on Saturday. 

We can do it.

This

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Can still see them progressing as they will be right up for it next week after falling 3 points behind in the league come Saturday.

Plus AEK were absolute dogshite tnite. The other Greek team proved that last week being put out by H1b5.

Hibs rode all the luck last week. 

Agree that their parent club will rest players now for the return leg. That’s a very disappointing result for the tic tonight. Great for us though as tranny lover will be in a quandary about his starting 11on Saturday 

3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

seen teams play a lot worse than that there

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We can do it.

:robbo: diamond cutter :clyay:

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Agree that their parent club will rest players now for the return leg. That’s a very disappointing result for the tic tonight. Great for us though as tranny lover will be in a quandary about his starting 11on Saturday 

He'll definitely have to play the likes of McGinn....oh oh wait....

Don't you just get some splendid days.  Two of hibs best players join legions of their predecessors by racing out the door without a backward glance.  Then Celtic hibs it in the c l in front of their own crowd.

And the sun is shing brightly here.  And I still think Mitchell will return to us.

Who wouldn't?

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Was the game on TV ? 

I have been watching feckin athletics ffs.

There was a link further up

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I was glad they beat Rosenberg best possible result for us tonight :) oh and Hibs are down Fatass a day before they play Molde shaping up for a Maroon weekend 

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Not really, they seem to think that being champions of a shite league like the SPL due to their financial disparity is more of an achievement than finishing 4th in the biggest league in the world (England).

By their logic, Celtic should get into the group stages for winning a league they repeatedly condescend and talk down, whereas Champions League finalists Liverpool should sit out as they finished 4th in England.

Nah I think they have a valid point. Champions league should be weighted towards league champions first and foremost. So the champions from the top 12-16 leagues at least should be in the group stages by right. By all means then take some second place teams. Let’s say the 2nd place teams from the top 6 leagues. The rest ought to be qualifying for what spaces are left. It’s a fake competition weighted towards teams from countries with the highest viewing figures. I barely watch it now. It’s all so repetitive and predictable. 

Edited by Escobar PHM

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Sorry, call me old school but I don’t think the Champions League should include teams that finish 4th. No mater what league they are in. 

If nothing else, it’s whoever finished 4th in the EPL who should be kicking off in July against some Albanian mob, not the Scottish Champions. 

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Nah I think they have valid point. Champions league should be weighted towards league champions first and foremost. So the champions from the top 12-16 leagues at least should be in the group stages by right. By all means then take some second place teams. Let’s say the 2nd place teams from the top 6 leagues. The rest ought to be qualifying for what spaces are left. It’s a fake competition weighted towards teams from countries with the highest viewing figures. I barely watch it now. It’s all so repetitive and predictable. 

Agree with all this. Still I will enjoy celtics pain whenever it comes

19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We can do it.

:greggy:  Attaboy!

Intae the mhank shite on Saturday Hearts. Feckin low life, terrorist loving scum.

Escobar PHM
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Agree with all this. Still I will enjoy celtics pain whenever it comes

Looks like next week for a bit of a laugh then :greggy:

Think that result increases our hopes for Saturday. I foresee wholesale changes in their lineup now as the reality is that Tuesday is way more important for them. They can of course bring in other quality players but if we are at it and go after them from the off we’ve got a chance to get a result.

Over to Levein and the team.....!!

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry, call me old school but I don’t think the Champions League should include teams that finish 4th. No mater what league they are in. 

If nothing else, it’s whoever finished 4th in the EPL who should be kicking off in July against some Albanian mob, not the Scottish Champions. 

I for one, would not call you ‘old school’ at all NB.

The old European Cup was for teams that had actually won their own domestic league.  That is still the way it should be, not 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Think that result increases our hopes for Saturday. I foresee wholesale changes in their lineup now as the reality is that Tuesday is way more important for them. They can of course bring in other quality players but if we are at it and go after them from the off we’ve got a chance to get a result.

Over to Levein and the team.....!!

I can see Brendan going in the huff with his board for the next few days. He hinted at it already this week and losing McGinn won’t have helped his mood. Every little helps and if they aren’t quite at it psychologically for whatever reasons we’ve got to make sure we use that.

Edited by Escobar PHM

sairyinthat
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I for one, would not call you ‘old school’ at all NB.

The old European Cup was for teams that had actually won their own domestic league.  That is still the way it should be, not 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

And how many millions have they hoovered up thanks to the altered shape of the competition?Don't see them knocking back the free pass into the lesser European comp more years than not.

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:greggy:  Attaboy!

Intae the mhank shite on Saturday Hearts. Feckin low life, terrorist loving scum.

Get off the fence Morgan.