"Super" John McGinn

wanderer

Just now, Say What Again said:

Just wanted that gif to appear on the thread more than once :)

A wee bonus for those scrolling down. 

Saving it for a good moment. And I really didn’t want them resigning him so as good as any time ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudy T

• Juanjo15

• jacklivi1874

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ya dancer. They were convinced he was coming back after some tweets teasing them. FTH

they are gutted over at sisters.net

64A77E18-B286-441C-A45F-02436B16F05E.gif

:sweeet:

1 hour ago, jamie1874 said:

I am down in the Midlands just now as work down here a few days week.

Local news are reporting it as a £2.1m fee. Also suggesting he is having his medical and prefers a move to England than Celtic.

So called McGinn wanted to move only to Celtic. 

So why is he in Birmingham then. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

So called McGinn wanted to move only to Celtic. 

So why is he in Birmingham then. 

Pretty sure it will be down to the cash they offer him. 

Just now, jamie1874 said:

Pretty sure it will be down to the cash they offer him. 

Maybe also that Celtic didn't seem to want him so badly.

Good for him finally moving outside a comfort zone. 

Gorgie_Rules

In the times I have watched them on TV and against us he has been the main man for them pretty much every game. If he goes it will harm their season in a big way.

Decent amount of cash but can't see that having an immediate impact on their playing squad.

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

With a 1/3 going to St Mirren, a few quid off to UEFA and a new barn to build at the farm.....ah well thanks for the memories fat arse!

I know someone else mentioned Hibs were looking at a new feel sized indoor pitch for £1m. Don't know where this story has come from but worth pointing out that £1m doesn't come anywhere close to buying you a full sized indoor pitch. A fullsized outdoor artificial pitch will cost you close to £1m. The new indoor pitch opened in Glenrothes  earlier this year was £2.3m and is only a 60x40m training pitch. So only about a third of the size of a full size pitch. I'd be surprised if Hibs went down this route. It would be a bigger investment than the sale of McGinn will finance.

Rocky jamboa

Good to see the bigot brothers not getting their own way for once. Maybe they will start making more realistic offers than assuming players will hold out to move there. The championship now a bigger draw than those two, with all the money swirling about down there. 

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I think his family are Celtic fans. I'm not that bothered where he goes I just hate the way the old firm think they can take what they want. Although my sympathy for Hibs in this case is zero given all the special favours they've had from Celtic....I'd imagine that's over should mcginn go south.

It’s way more than that.  His grandad is an ex-chairman of Celtic.

Reports La

3 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

In the times I have watched them on TV and against us he has been the main man for them pretty much every game. If he goes it will harm their season in a big way.

Decent amount of cash but can't see that having an immediate impact on their playing squad.

Definitely harm them. If it is 2m (1.2m net) it's a panic sell for buttons.

SwindonJambo
14 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It’s way more than that.  His grandad is an ex-chairman of Celtic.

Jack McGinn, I presume? Their chairman in the last few years of the biscuit tin era before Fergus McCann (unfortunately) put them on their feet.

luckyBatistuta

All quiet on the eastern front

D51146B9-4815-4CF6-9C9E-35E5C390C10B.png

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Big Slim Stylee
7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Jack McGinn, I presume? Their chairman in the last few years of the biscuit tin era before Fergus McCann (unfortunately) put them on their feet.

Indeed. Hung around for a few years before taking his unique talent for financial mismanagement to head up the SFA ?

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He's certainly up there with Paul Kane and Willie Miller....They've had a few who fell out the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down....

:laugh:  I thought of them straight away too...as well as Paul ‘pizza pus’ Wright from that era. He was another one that was awfy unfortunate in the looks department. Looked like he’d been set on fire and put out with a golf shoe...

It should have been ten
56 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Good to see the bigot brothers not getting their own way for once. Maybe they will start making more realistic offers than assuming players will hold out to move there. The championship now a bigger draw than those two, with all the money swirling about down there. 

This :thumbsup:

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, By the light said:

Don’t disagree talent wise and certainly in hindsight but when I was younger I loved Henry Smith so wouldn’t have taken Goram.

Absolutely hated John Collins

Sauzee maybe at a push but at the time I think we had Fulton and Salvatori or Severin in there who I loved.

Latapy meh. Good player but wasn’t fussed for him.

They’ve had other talented players but majority arseholes who I didn’t want or who I wouldn’t take over a Hearts player at the time.

Totally agree 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Hope he goes to Villa, will never improve significantly at Celtic. Might be quite possibly the ugliest laddie I've ever saw play for the hobo's but for the national team to improve we need more Scottish players playing at a decent level. Hopefully, if he goes he'll go on to be a mainstay in the villa team when they do eventually get promoted. 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He's certainly up there with Paul Kane and Willie Miller....They've had a few who fell out the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down....

23 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

:laugh:  I thought of them straight away too...as well as Paul ‘pizza pus’ Wright from that era. He was another one that was awfy unfortunate in the looks department. Looked like he’d been set on fire and put out with a golf shoe...

Can’t believe your first thought wasn’t the legendary looker Ally Brazil 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ya dancer. They were convinced he was coming back after some tweets teasing them. FTH

they are gutted over at sisters.net

64A77E18-B286-441C-A45F-02436B16F05E.gif

And and keep on scrolling :jiggy:

"Got the map of Ireland all over his face" as my Grandmother would have remarked.

It should have been ten
50 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Can’t believe your first thought wasn’t the legendary looker Ally Brazil 

Haha! I thought of him afterwards when I was thinking of all the stoaters they’ve had playing for them. He was in a league of his own, definitely a rare face for haunting hooses :lol:

Edited by It should have been ten

The Mighty Thor
51 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The Barker thread on sisters.net is hilarious. Worth a read with your coffee .

Preston North End or Leith knob ends? 

Tough choice.

Ryan Jarman

Fully in the Pre contract with Celtic - Hibs/St Midden get nowt camp. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I want him to end up at Celtic for free. Career flushed away and the vermin get plums.

^

Very much this, it could happen that way too

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Oops...

48146148-E049-4C47-B5F5-D439E6AE37CF.jpeg

Last seen reversing the hibs open top cup parade bus back into the depot....as it was not required.....The maroon and white one gave him a toot and a wave as it made its way to gorgie!

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I see they have Thomas Agyepong also from Man City coming in on loan.

Bit of a lottery with these loans could be great or could be poor even money chance imo. 

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I see they have Thomas Agyepong also from Man City coming in on loan.

Bit of a lottery with these loans could be great or could be poor even money chance imo. 

Theyve done ok recently in that market it has to be said.

Hopefully this guy is their Amankwaa

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

So its looking like.... no McGinn Mcgeouch barker and Allan... and they've pissed off their best pals thro West...  interesting.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Theyve done ok recently in that market it has to be said.

Hopefully this guy is their Amankwaa

Sadly have to agree with that.

Lennon seems to have some decent contacts in England .

Or maybe his luck will run out soon.

McGinn will not join Villa. He wants to replace Brown at Celtic and will see the season out at ER after signing for Celtic in the New Year.

By the light
19 minutes ago, Prof said:

McGinn will not join Villa. He wants to replace Brown at Celtic and will see the season out at ER after signing for Celtic in the New Year.

He’d be a complete mug not to join Villa if he had the option. 

tokyowalnut
17 minutes ago, By the light said:

He’d be a complete mug not to join Villa if he had the option. 

Difficult if they put a big contract in front of him. Villa will be going all out for the title this season with the new billionaire backers. I also think this will be Brendan Rodgers last season up here. 

maroonnicky63

he would-be mad to choose Celtic over Aston villa , better standard of football and very much more competitive by a country mile

Fxxx the SPFL

Hobbit at my work has just with a smug pus informed me that a Villa Twitter forum has just stated that they are offering Hibs £4m plus another £2m if they get promotion I just sat and laughed out loud.

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Hobbit at my work has just with a smug pus informed me that a Villa Twitter forum has just stated that they are offering Hibs £4m plus another £2m if they get promotion I just sat and laughed out loud.

I was told by one of them that it’s £2.1mil upfront and £2mil if they get promoted

5 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

he would-be mad to choose Celtic over Aston villa , better standard of football and very much more competitive by a country mile

Villa is a big club, and Villa Park is impressive.  I hope that McGinn ends up there, and hopefully more Scottish players head that direction rather than being hoovered up by the OF.

Good bit of business for the wee guys.

They will be weaker on the park for it however so no issues him going.

Absolute Scenes

Hibs mate sent me a text saying he's chosen villa. Hibs now weaker, no matter who they bring in. Their whole build up and play was based around him. They could bring in Charlie adam and I think they'd still be weaker. Good that he might be out of the Scottish league altogether

maroonnicky63
1 hour ago, naeclue said:

Villa is a big club, and Villa Park is impressive.  I hope that McGinn ends up there, and hopefully more Scottish players head that direction rather than being hoovered up by the OF.

spot on

Hampden Demolition

Having a medical at Villa now. Fee agreed with Hibs and Celtic have matched the offer. Reckon he will go West tbh.

Just now, Ali Lawrie said:

2.25 million fee apparently. St Mirren get 33% and McGinn gets 10%. Big loss for Hibs. 

Another 2m when/if they are promoted apparently.  

He will see this season out with Hibs.

Wether that means Celtic to sign him now but loan him back for season OR pre contract to Celtic in Jan , he WILL imo play this season in a Hibs top.