Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

Big Slim Stylee
53 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Squad poster at best! Definitely not an improvement on last season and there's enough projects as it is...

Started a lot of important threads but as season went on, felt he started looking a bit one-dimensional so I get where you’re coming from. Be interesting to see if he can make the step up to happy clapper and show some consistency.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

The White Cockade

We were second in the league when Robbie left

Will be a year or two before we challenge for second again I reckon

I’m not sure what I’m more disappointed with...

DM not signing or grown men following a footballer on Instagram.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Not paying his wages.

He was paid off from his Norwich contract- but not in a lump sum - in monthly instalments. So quasi salary in practice but really just Norwich getting longer to pay him off

I didn't realise you were talking about laff so my mistake.. but surely he'd have accounted for this before signing 2 year deal

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Unfortunately, as Debut4 says, there are a number of HMFC fans who either don't understand or are unwilling to accept this. Everything we have in the background is a bonus, the new main stand, the fact the head chef and the associated hospitality staff recently received a very deserved award at UK level and we are in the process of laying a new top class surface for example. All huge bonuses, and in the middle case very much deserved by all the staff involved, but fact is none of these things win football matches, these are won and lost on the park, meaning the first 11 should always be the main focus. The problem specifically on this site is that the vast majority of fans who say they want to see HMFC winning are basically told to feck off and go watch Celtic or Rangers. That actually says more about those fans who don't care if we don't win in all honesty. We shouldn't be looking to educate and coach players for the benefit of other sides, we should be looking to build a side than can compete regularly. Players will leave eventually, but not for the sake of it. The emphasis should always be on building, not looking to create for others benefit, or simply selling to try another experiment or 10.

Excellent post PJ and put much more eloquently than I could manage.?

32 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Thats one of those take facts to suit an argument second though. Counter argument being it was due to having played more games so really when all was said and done it was 4th. 

We def need to push on this year and show a lot of progression. Weve stabilised this year become difficult to beat so now forward steps need taken

53 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Started a lot of important threads but as season went on, felt he started looking a bit one-dimensional so I get where you’re coming from. Be interesting to see if he can make the step up to happy clapper and show some consistency.

I'd maybe bring him in as a sub if things are going too well. Got to play a style that suits him. 

3 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I'd maybe bring him in as a sub if things are going too well. Got to play a style that suits him. 

Possibly late in the game when we are defending a 1-0 lead? ? i like mitch his posts are always interesting if not always ones i agree with

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

doing it in pre-season is one thing, but can he maintain any form into competitive threads

Hackney Hearts
34 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats one of those take facts to suit an argument second though. Counter argument being it was due to having played more games so really when all was said and done it was 4th

Not sure how you make out it was 4th? We'd played the same number of games as Rangers. It was only Aberdeen who had games in hand (2) - and who were 2 points behind. Either way, it's hard to dispute that we were in the mix for 2nd.

18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

doing it in pre-season is one thing, but can he maintain any form into competitive threads

Yeah, it’s important to find out if he can keep it up...

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

False position due to more games played

Big Slim Stylee
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yeah, it’s important to find out if he can keep it up...

All down to whether he can produce a decent performance on a wet Tuesday night in Cowdenbeath, IMO.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

21 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Not sure how you make out it was 4th? We'd played the same number of games as Rangers. It was only Aberdeen who had games in hand (2) - and who were 2 points behind. Either way, it's hard to dispute that we were in the mix for 2nd.

I dont dispute that at all , I am not in the camp of the 2-0 of Rangers was a great result. I liked Robbie but I felt we stagnated from dec 15. I did think Rangers had games in hand aswell though ??‍♂️ As I said both sides can use the second place point to suit their position. In saying that I was disappointed he left. So don’t put me in the Robbie out camp. That was def not my position 

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

All down to whether he can produce a decent performance on a wet Tuesday night in Cowdenbeath, IMO.

Sure, if you can do it there, you can do it anywhere.

The wetter the better..

It's handy that posters come on here to remind us of the halcyon days of a perfectly run club and Silverware being paraded every season. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Sure, if you can do it there, you can do it anywhere.

The wetter the better..

Slide right in with the tackle and show us what hes made of....

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

It's handy that posters come on here to remind us of the halcyon days of a perfectly run club and Silverware being paraded every season. 

??? This thread... What a place this would of been in the 50s/60s 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Slide right in with the tackle and show us what hes made of....

I should jolly well think so..

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, El Diez said:

If what I’ve heard today is correct, talk of a 65/35 chance is fanciful.

Daza will know tho.

What have you heard like?

Adam_the_legend
24 minutes ago, El Diez said:

If what I’ve heard today is correct, talk of a 65/35 chance is fanciful.

Daza will know tho.

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What have you heard like?

64/36???

::troll::

Think we should turn our attentions elsewhere.  We can't break the bank on wages for players who whilst being good didn't do it consistently enough to justify them.

I also think we can't and shouldn't let ourselves get pissed about while the agent touts around for better offers.  If they come back to us with a reconsidered offer and we haven't filled the position, then fine but we need to put our interests first.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Think we should turn our attentions elsewhere.  We can't break the bank on wages for players who whilst being good didn't do it consistently enough to justify them.

I also think we can't and shouldn't let ourselves get pissed about while the agent touts around for better offers.  If they come back to us with a reconsidered offer and we haven't filled the position, then fine but we need to put our interests first.

Already looking elsewhere 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I didn't realise you were talking about laff so my mistake.. but surely he'd have accounted for this before signing 2 year deal

Ha - and I didn’t realise you were talking about Naismith.

Agreed - he probably would have. That could go one of two ways....

50 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I've just had a look at last seasons performances.  Maybe a six month loan spell to hibs.net would do him a power of good.  You never know, they might want to keep him. 

By the light
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Already looking elsewhere 

Good. I know most folk use it as a stick to hit him with but love the stubborn side of Levein.

He doesn’t stand for any sh*te. 

Hackney Hearts
50 minutes ago, Jenks said:

False position due to more games played

As discussed with sadj, we'd played the same number of games as Rangers. Only Aberdeen (2 points behind) had a couple of games in hand. It's hardly an outrageously false position.

Put it this way, if we're similarly 2nd in December this year, I'll be more than happy.

7 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I've just had a look at last seasons performances.  Maybe a six month loan spell to hibs.net would do him a power of good.  You never know, they might want to keep him. 

Well i think its safe to say hes not the Rherras type so we’d have to push him ove to the darkside of life as I would hope he’s not one of the .sisterfisters who think they are undetectable on here. So agent mitch to the darkside for 6months and i think he’ll come back stronger and ready to step up.

7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

As discussed with sadj, we'd played the same number of games as Rangers. Only Aberdeen (2 points behind) had a couple of games in hand. It's hardly an outrageously false position.

Put it this way, if we're similarly 2nd in December this year, I'll be more than happy.

I think the difference is if we were similarly in 2nd this December we’d be moving forward not as we were at the time treading water. If that makes sense. No not outrageously false , just a bit skewed as the idea of being second suggests we were better than we were at that point imo

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think the difference is if we were similarly in 2nd this December we’d be moving forward not as we were at the time treading water.

I get what you mean, although 2nd would have been an improvement on 3rd the previous year, and regardless of whether December's 2nd place was potentially skewed, we were undoubtedly challenging for 2nd. Beyond that you're always going to be treading water, because of the Celtic factor.

Sorry, this has gone way off topic!

i wish jj was my dad
26 minutes ago, By the light said:

Good. I know most folk use it as a stick to hit him with but love the stubborn side of Levein.

He doesn’t stand for any sh*te. 

One of his greatest qualities is that he takes no shite.

11 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I get what you mean, although 2nd would have been an improvement on 3rd the previous year, and regardless of whether December's 2nd place was potentially skewed, we were undoubtedly challenging for 2nd. Beyond that you're always going to be treading water, because of the Celtic factor.

Sorry, this has gone way off topic!

It has but its been one of those threads interspersed with rarring at Milinkovic and less than intelligent neanderthal fans who use social media to tell said player what hey think of him unless he does a u-turn. Nowt more fickle than a jambo - hear thats a saying in yorkshire.....

In the mix for sure which i think also causes part of the problems we have in the divisions just now. To have got there so fast people wanted us to kick forward and we normalised and then went backwards and are now having to sort it when people saw the chance to pull away from the rest and sit between celtic and them.

8 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

So.. skinny.. deal off.. ?..  or not...  ?  

Up in the air but unlikely seems to be the current take on it. Taking all the itk posters info on board

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nowt wrong with netball!!!! Haha. You wouldnt want Adao back? I thought he was great. Not in every game but with better players around him I'd love him in the team.

Started well dropped away alarmingly 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Started well dropped away alarmingly 

He was poor after the concussion but played well if lived on the edge against Hibs. Made a difference in that game. His passing was horrendous at times though from Dingwall onward

Selkirkhmfc1874
35 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

So.. skinny.. deal off.. ?..  or not...  ?  

Dead as far as hearts concerned 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dead as far as hearts concerned 

Ah well , as everyones said no ones bigger than the club , hes a good player but not irreplaceable and not deserving of Laff , Naismith , Mitchell and Berra level wages yet so we move on. 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ah well , as everyones said no ones bigger than the club , hes a good player but not irreplaceable and not deserving of Laff , Naismith , Mitchell and Berra level wages yet so we move on. 

Mitchell ? what wages is he on ? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

He was poor after the concussion but played well if lived on the edge against Hibs. Made a difference in that game. His passing was horrendous at times though from Dingwall onward

Yup. Poor in possession. As his bookings reined back he got worse. Maybe needs to live on the edge 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Man Utd will be paying his wages so who knows 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Man Utd will be paying his wages so who knows 

Yes, I suppose he could be on as good a wage there as one of our top players, even though he's out on loan, or was.

We definitely need another wide player. Even if Amankwaa comes good and Mulraney tears it up, we need competition. Hopefully Levein can pull a rabbit out the hat. 

10 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Id imagine even the percentage were paying is not cheap in terms of SPFL with him being on the fringes of the Utd first team. 

Happy to be corrected though. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Id imagine even the percentage were paying is not cheap in terms of SPFL with him being on the fringes of the Utd first team. 

Happy to be corrected though. 

Don't think we're paying anything at the moment, the loan period is over isn't it ?

10 hours ago, Deviskan said:

If...and I mean If this deal is off, maybe we should get Templeton in on a free and use the money saved on getting Mulumbu in from Kilmarnock (he could be the DM we need).

Probably no chance, as I'd imagine he will be EFL Championship bound.

Mulumbu looked fantastic last season. Kamara at Dundee also looked a player.

20 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Don't think we're paying anything at the moment, the loan period is over isn't it ?

Smartass ?? likewise with Naismith however , if as we’d like we have Mitchell and Naismith back next season Id imagine they would be on high wages for our structure and I don’t think Milinkovic is at their level yet to deserve equivalent placement in our wage structure. 

14 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Mulumbu looked fantastic last season. Kamara at Dundee also looked a player.

Kamara is a baller

not sure we could afford him

Edited by sadj

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Smartass ?? likewise with Naismith however , if as we’d like we have Mitchell and Naismith back next season Id imagine they would be on high wages for our structure and I don’t think Milinkovic is at their level yet to deserve equivalent placement in our wage structure. 

I don't know about Mitchell being on high wages.  He certainly wont be on Berra/Laff/Naismith wages.  We might well be paying none of his wage as long as we play him.  Man U want(ed) us to play him after all, they weren't trying to offset his wage.