Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“Cult hero” I think the EEN called this guy :lol:

quite honestly, we should have been aware of his wage demands before getting involved. Been a waste of time and effort.

The way it went, it seems like him or his agent moved the goal posts at the end.

He seemed keen, then it all went opera shaped very quickly.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
10 minutes ago, ericb said:

CL admitted he was taking a punt on him when he signed him.

No biggie when it's 18 months and probably not on a bumper contract. The guy is utterly shite though. I struggle to understand how anyone thought he might make it this season.

maidstonejambo
11 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

The way it went, it seems like him or his agent moved the goal posts at the end.

He seemed keen, then it all went opera shaped very quickly.

Opera shaped? :laugh: Very apt as it appears the fat lady has certainly sung on this occasion!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, maidstonejambo said:

Opera shaped? :laugh: Very apt as it appears the fat lady has certainly sung on this occasion!

Not going to change that, it's funny. 

?

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

King prawn
27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is where it is always preferrable to watch a player playing in actual games rather than a few minutes on a video. I always thought that's what Scouts were paid to do but apparently not for a number of our signings.

The guy had scored 4 goals in 99 appearances for Copenhagen and he's supposedly a winger. Berra had scored 4 goals in a fewer number of games for us before he left for Wolves. 

Surely these sorts of things raise alarm bells? 

Four faces
On 02/06/2018 at 17:13, Four faces said:

What nobody seems to have mentioned is Yes he loves the club but in the end what he asks for on wages might make all this irrelevant.

Said it at the time'

Absolute Scenes

how have we managed to get onto to slagging Amankwaa (AGAIN) on a thread about an ex hearts player??

Some folk canny help themselves

For the record, I think Amankwaa is going to come onto a good game for us. When he was younger, Arsenal and Chelsea were after him and he's been capped at every youth level for his country

that isn't by accident. He's got talent, we have yet to see it though

I trust Levein's judgement in players

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

how have we managed to get onto to slagging Amankwaa (AGAIN) on a thread about an ex hearts player??

For the record, I think Amankwaa is going to come onto a good game for us. When he was younger, Arsenal and Chelsea were after him and he's been capped at every youth level for his country

So has Malaury Martin iirc

Captain America
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So has Malaury Martin iirc

Martin captained France at every age level under 1st team.

How does a player with that much promise deliver so little?

Just now, Captain America said:

Martin is lazy and has a staggeringly poor attitude.

Captain America
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Martin is lazy and has a staggeringly poor attitude.

:spoton:

4 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Have you seen the scar on his knee? He had an extremelybserious injury which seems to have stopped his development

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The problem is no-one has seen his talent yet. It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

I too trust Levein's judgement, I'm also not daft enough to believe every one of his signings will work out. No manager gets them all right. Too many variables.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Captain America said:

:spoton:

It isn't, it's lazy bollocks. His attitude has been praised by a few in the squad, the youngsters in particular have said he's been an influence. I've yet to hear anyone who would actually know slag his attitude.

kingantti1874

At our level there are very few real deals to be found . You've got to take a punt every now and then .. every manager we've ever had has signed players where the gamble simply hasn't worked..  

1 hour ago, ericb said:

CL admitted he was taking a punt on him when he signed him.

A CL punt isn't the right thing to do. A short 3/4 month contract to prove himself would of been right. 

38 minutes ago, King prawn said:

The guy had scored 4 goals in 99 appearances for Copenhagen and he's supposedly a winger. Berra had scored 4 goals in a fewer number of games for us before he left for Wolves. 

Surely these sorts of things raise alarm bells? 

You would have thought so but apparently not. I know there is always an element of risk with any signing however this guy looks a waste of a contract.

26 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Good for you, hope you are right but I will reserve judgement on your call.

18 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Players either improve or they don't. So many young promising players just lose it for various reasons and we need to be careful we don't and out contracts to lads that will never make it at SPL level.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

A CL punt isn't the right thing to do. A short 3/4 month contract to prove himself would of been right. 

So we can take a player such as Ali Crawford on loan to prove his fitness when we know already more or less what he offers but we give Amankwa an 18 month deal without basically knowing much about him.

Here we are 7 months into his contract and the guy is apparently struggling in training.

Edited by wavydavy

Lucille's Thirsty
On 02/07/2018 at 10:45, Thomaso said:

Ah that's the reason for your bull shit posts!! :laugh:

It’s the biggest excuse in the world mate, they are such things as settings, you are able to turn off auto correct and predictive text.

Anyway would love for us too pull this out of the bag. We would finally have a squad with options of the bench. We would still have a good enough bench without DM. Never turn down a good player on their day.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

So we can take a player such as Ali Crawford on loan to prove his fitness when we know already more or less what he offers but we give Amankwa an 18 month deal without basically knowing much about him.

Here we are 7 months into his contract and the guy is apparently struggling in training.

Your right of course but circumstances in january may have made things different from now. I don't know but a short 3/4 month contract is long enough for a Levein punt not 18 months.

I have to admit i am a big fan of Milinkovic when he plays. At 24 this lad has got a star quality about his play. He's not just skillful but he workrate is tremendous. I'd pester him day and night to make a deal and sign a contract for Hearts.

The Apprentice
55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It isn't, it's lazy bollocks. His attitude has been praised by a few in the squad, the youngsters in particular have said he's been an influence. I've yet to hear anyone who would actually know slag his attitude.

Exactly!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Problem with Martin is that his legs resemble that of a 40 year old man's. Injuries have took their toll. At Easter Road in the 3-1 defeat he tried his heart out but the Hibs players were just gliding past him.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Problem with Martin is that his legs resemble that of a 40 year old man's. Injuries have took their toll. At Easter Road in the 3-1 defeat he tried his heart out but the Hibs players were just gliding past him.

Tried his heart out ? :rofl: I have never I'm my life seen a bigger shitebag of a performance than that one. Shat out of everything..  

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tried his heart out ? :rofl: I have never I'm my life seen a bigger shitebag of a performance than that one. Shat out of everything..  

Have to agree. It was probably the most insipid performance I have seen in a derby game by any Hearts player. Pulled out of every tackle and looked completely disinterested.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Being a shite shitebag doesn't mean he never tried. I was as pissed of as anyone at Easter Road and gave Martin a mouthful when he started trying to gee-up the crowd at 2-0 but I wouldn't say he never tried to his capabilities.

Gulf Jambo
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Your right of course but circumstances in january may have made things different from now. I don't know but a short 3/4 month contract is long enough for a Levein punt not 18 months.

18 Months is not that long in general terms.

He has a good pedigree, but has obviously fallen away a bit.

I think only a short term deal wouldn't have been done as Levein would have known he wasn't fit enough to come straight in and show what he can do.

He had to go into an intensive fitness course for a couple of weeks mind, and he didn't even look fully fit after that.

Hopefully he can get his base fitness back and we'll see if there is a still a player in there

jacklivi1874

All clubs sign a pig in a poke and more than once.. Its a sickner that he is our one,  but shit happens, worse things happen at sea

Edited by jacklivi1874

OBOOOA BLAIR

Sorry not for me. After watching the pace of mulraney last night and hooefully get a right winger with the same skills and pace as i dint think its goung to be Aramankwa.  Skinnys kissing of the badge comes at a price . I like players that get to the bye line and whip in a cross . Was never fully convinced. Just my opinion . Glad to be proved wrong. If he comes hell have my support . Just dont like the way its been done. Maybe his agent at fault who knows

Sure I read earlier today on a news site, reading chronicle I think, that Reading were making a move for him. Could be that he is heading there.

You know even if Amawanka was 50% fit i'd want to see a bit of skill but there's been no sign of a player who could do a job for Hearts. 

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Being a shite shitebag doesn't mean he never tried. I was as pissed of as anyone at Easter Road and gave Martin a mouthful when he started trying to gee-up the crowd at 2-0 but I wouldn't say he never tried to his capabilities.

No professional should ever be labeled a shitebag. Martin should never of been signed as he is a man who hides and plays tippy tappy football.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You know even if Amawanka was 50% fit i'd want to see a bit of skill but there's been no sign of a player who could do a job for Hearts. 

Amankwaa was shite in nearly every appearance he made. Now I hear he's deemed not fit enough to be with the main squad in St Andrews. Surely he'll be out the door by the end of the summer...

gorgieheart

Fit enough to be getting the messages in wi his (very fine lookin) lady at Sainsbury's on Gorgie road last night... wasn't flying round the aisles or dodging shopping trolleys mind  ! 

2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Fit enough to be getting the messages in wi his (very fine lookin) lady at Sainsbury's on Gorgie road last night... wasn't flying round the aisles or dodging shopping trolleys mind  ! 

Haud on, he was in Gorgie last night? 

Ibrahim Tall
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Haud on, he was in Gorgie last night? 

Think hes referring to Amankwaa.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

So Make Some Noise..

The insta post was on the wrong side of the British Airway's plane. You can see the stairs on the other side so unless he has a new job as a baggage handler, I think he was just mischief making with that post. We all know how much he craves the attention.

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

The insta post was on the wrong side of the British Airway's plane. You can see the stairs on the other side so unless he has a new job as a baggage handler, I think he was just mischief making with that post. We all know how much he craves the attention.

Could have been on a bus to the plane still. I dunno where he was flying from but I'm sure he was in Nice a few weeks back, if he was flying from there then the only BA flights were to London. So he could literally have been going anywhere in the UK with all the connections there. However as someone else mentioned, I'm sure reading were interested in him, which is not too far from London 

doctor jambo
18 hours ago, Deevers said:

Have to agree. It was probably the most insipid performance I have seen in a derby game by any Hearts player. Pulled out of every tackle and looked completely disinterested.

If ever a player was a walking manifestation of the manager who signed him, its Martin

:vrface:

He's probably nipping over for a trip to the tennis.     He better beware though 'cos we've probably got a spy hiding in a punnet of strawberries,  ready to jump out on him.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:vrface:

He's probably nipping over for a trip to the tennis.     He better beware though 'cos we've probably got a spy hiding in a punnet of strawberries,  ready to jump out on him.

"Kimo lad. We've got a new mission fur ye."

dunciboyjambo

His latest Instagram story is at training parks somewhere, did not recognise where... 

18 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

:what: