Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

Hull Hell & Hearts
57 minutes ago, WoodenHertz said:

I can confirm, Hull is a dump, unfortunately I live there! 

Strange one signing for Hull struggled to stay in the Championship last season (probably won't stay up next season imo as well) and only have about 13 senior players on the books at the moment without looking like adding too many to that number. He won't be on major money at Hull either, probably more than what he would be on at Hearts but Hull are in fairly big financial trouble, with the owners publicly stating they won't invest more in to the club as they're actively seeking to sell and have been since 2014. Really don't see what the pull will be for him to play for Hull but I hope he does well for himself nonetheless. 

Similar to what I posted earlier re. the direction the football club's heading. And I can't believe the Allams are paying big wages - it goes against their desire to trouser the last of the EPL parachute payments before - hopefully - doing one and riding off into the sunset! Heaven only knows where HCAFC will be by then though!

I'd take issue with your first point though. Hull is a place that gets a bad press and - like most cities - has some right shitty areas to it. But it's a far cry from the city of my youth and helped by the award of City of Culture last year, plus the renewable energy "boom" taking place along the Humber I'd say it's now far from a dump and set for a brighter future. Only in my humble opinion of course...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

We'll get him on loan again in the January window when it isn't working out for him at Hull ?

Hearts_fan
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

What kind of idiot wouldn't move job for more money?

Actually, quite a lot of people are not motivated by greed. I’m certain this would surprise many others. 

1 hour ago, WoodenHertz said:

I can confirm, Hull is a dump, unfortunately I live there! 

Strange one signing for Hull struggled to stay in the Championship last season (probably won't stay up next season imo as well) and only have about 13 senior players on the books at the moment without looking like adding too many to that number. He won't be on major money at Hull either, probably more than what he would be on at Hearts but Hull are in fairly big financial trouble, with the owners publicly stating they won't invest more in to the club as they're actively seeking to sell and have been since 2014. Really don't see what the pull will be for him to play for Hull but I hope he does well for himself nonetheless. 

Like most average players the only real pull is money. Its nearly always money and who can blame them. I never got the hype with him. Decent on his day and I like him but not gutted he didn't agree to stay. 

WoodenHertz
24 minutes ago, Hull Hell & Hearts said:

Similar to what I posted earlier re. the direction the football club's heading. And I can't believe the Allams are paying big wages - it goes against their desire to trouser the last of the EPL parachute payments before - hopefully - doing one and riding off into the sunset! Heaven only knows where HCAFC will be by then though!

I'd take issue with your first point though. Hull is a place that gets a bad press and - like most cities - has some right shitty areas to it. But it's a far cry from the city of my youth and helped by the award of City of Culture last year, plus the renewable energy "boom" taking place along the Humber I'd say it's now far from a dump and set for a brighter future. Only in my humble opinion of course...

Maybe dump is a little harsh. I do believe the city has a lot of potential, which I hope it achieves, unfortunately I believe it is held back by the local council and other things. However that's not what this thread is about so I won't go into all my opinions on the matter! 

davemclaren

Used to go to Hull for my holidays when a kid in the 60s as my uncle and aunt lived there.  I liked the trolley buses. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I moved for less money. And a longer journey to work but y'know what? I'm a lot more content in my current post.

Maybe that makes me an idiot...but least I'm not a miserable one.

32 minutes ago, Boof said:

I moved for less money. And a longer journey to work but y'know what? I'm a lot more content in my current post.

Maybe that makes me an idiot...but least I'm not a miserable one.

Idiot, Berra is a bit of an idiot tae. :lol:

Money is what makes people happy. Only Money. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He would have signed for us on less money than Hull. Think that confirms he wasn't just in it for the money.

All the best Milinkovic. You really were influential for us and should be used as a benchmark for effort and determination. A big loss.

richierich

I actually don't mind decent players using us a footstep onto bigger clubs, if we can show it works we can attract better players even if it is just for a season or two.  In respect David, I thought he was not too bad, but I'm glad we never broke the bank for him,

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He would have signed for us on less money than Hull. Think that confirms he wasn't just in it for the money.

All the best Milinkovic. You really were influential for us and should be used as a benchmark for effort and determination. A big loss.

If that was the case then he would have signed.

Agree with your second point. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree

Therefore what sort of idiot would believe a line that it wasn’t about money?

He reads social media.

He’s played the club. Now he’s playing the fans.

And some numbnuts fall for it.....

Bongo 1874
46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

:spoton:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
22 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

If that was the case then he would have signed.

Agree with your second point. 

Not for the money we offered but if we increased that I believe he would have signed for less than what he would have got down south. I think he was happy to sign until he got wind of other interested parties then came back and asked to be one of the highest earners. To which Levein told him to **** off. 

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Not for the money we offered but if we increased that I believe he would have signed for less than what he would have got down south. I think he was happy to sign until he got wind of other interested parties then came back and asked to be one of the highest earners. To which Levein told him to **** off. 

If that's the case Levein was 100% correct. Sets too much of a precedent.

I really liked him and wish he'd stayed but no player bigger than the club etc

Edited by Notts1874

He wants to be seen in England so hope he gets noticed. Nowt wrong with that. Does well and gets a bigger club. Doesn’t then ends up at square 1.

in that probably isn’t about money but rather he’ll have a better chance of progress down there.

its no big deal really and his social media post is respectful. Good luck to him. For most players England is the holy grail 

Fozzyonthefence

I’d liked to have kept him but not breaking the bank to keep him. No way he should have been earning more than Berra or Lafferty and if it was a straight choice I’d rather have Naismith for a year with a possibility of permanent deal at the end of it.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He wants to be seen in England so hope he gets noticed. Nowt wrong with that. Does well and gets a bigger club. Doesn’t then ends up at square 1.

in that probably isn’t about money but rather he’ll have a better chance of progress down there.

its no big deal really and his social media post is respectful. Good luck to him. For most players England is the holy grail 

To be honest don't think he's ready for English championship. In this case it's not simply about money it's about developing career so you are ready for better leagues (see Callum Paterson).

On this occasion I feel he's been badly advised. Do a couple of years at Hearts on a decent salary if you are any good you will get a move. Fear he will have a few games in team then spend rest of it in reserves. 

Anyway there was potential there but he hardly teared up the league apart from one game.

sidjamesbottle
20 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

We will never know if it was the money or not 

maybe the length of contract was an issue ? 

Anyway nice words from him and we move on .

i did hear he wanted a 5 year deal person who told me usually on the ball

Bongo 1874

Signed for Hull gutted tbh but we move on think he might struggle down there and I'm a massive fan of him hopefully get him back here if it doesn't work out.

King prawn

I may be in the minority but I think he’s made the wrong decision if it’s not about the money (which I don’t believe anyway).

Enjoy playing in front of 10,000 empty seats.. 

Bongo 1874
59 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I may be in the minority but I think he’s made the wrong decision if it’s not about the money (which I don’t believe anyway).

Enjoy playing in front of 10,000 empty seats.. 

Totally agree guy has ability but hasn't really had any consistent run in teams he has played with so far I think the best thing for his career would of been becoming first team regular week in week out at us then after a couple of stand out seasons get his move feel this could be too much too soon  for him but only time will tell. 

Another season with us would have given him the perfect platform to make the move. Happens all the time and players never seem to be smart enough to look at all the other players that fail and think maybe playing the long game might be more beneficial. 

Its hard to genuinely wish him luck because now he's irrelevant again :confused:

I suppose when this doesn't work out we can have a 'could do a job' thread. 

King prawn
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Who was it Jamie Walker went to, how's he doing?

8 games for the mighty Wigan

i wish jj was my dad
36 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I doubt he will cut it down there.

He moved purely for the money which is his prerogative and totally understandable.

Won't be following his career now as I will be concentrating on my team.

Basically thanks and good riddance.

Final sentence is a bit harsh. I wish him well but the club are right not to push the boat out for him. 

maroonnicky63
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Who was it Jamie Walker went to, how's he doing?

Jamie Walker will do well just wait and see  as an ex jambo we should be hoping he does well but that does not happen on here unless you are one of the pretenders who are saying that they always knew Paterson was going to make it and there are many on here. YEH OF COURSE YOU DID. I have never read on here anyone who slated this guy retract the comments that they made.

stevie1874
7 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Jamie Walker will do well just wait and see  as an ex jambo we should be hoping he does well but that does not happen on here unless you are one of the pretenders who are saying that they always knew Paterson was going to make it and there are many on here. YEH OF COURSE YOU DID. I have never read on here anyone who slated this guy retract the comments that they made.

You don’t half get your knickers in a twist about ex players.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Worrying isn't it? In particular the long rambling opening sentence, which reads like a hysterical, uncensored rant.

maroonnicky63
8 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Worrying isn't it? In particular the long rambling opening sentence, which reads like a hysterical, uncensored rant.

coming from you that is hilarious:laugh: how dare anyone support players and ex players ,SHOCKING

Oh and by the way I bet you are one of the supporters who always knew Paterson would make it.

Edited by maroonnicky63

maroonnicky63
11 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Yeh truth hurts eh , your getting your knickers in a twist about someone who has left the club and reading between the lines I would say you are rather bitter, sorry if that offends you but I will continue supporting players and ex players who have pulled the jersey on, unless they come back to tyncastle with another team 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
14 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

coming from you that is hilarious:laugh: how dare anyone support players and ex players ,SHOCKING

Oh and by the way I bet you are one of the supporters who always knew Paterson would make it.

I've always supported Paterson but suspected he wouldn't make it as a defender. 

Seems Mr Warnock agrees. I'll take that. PS don't take up gambling.

Berra than you

Pretty sure anyone that watched Paterson a few times knew he would make it, he's got unbelievable talents. As one poster has said though, I think the doubters were more concerned with what position he would make it in 

maroonnicky63
1 hour ago, Barack said:

You didn't acknowledge Skacel upon his return with Dundee Utd. & 51 on his back? A double cup-winner, and genuine Hearts legend.

You may see Skacel as a hearts legend and that's fine as for me I liked him as a player and he would have always been in my team in his time at Hearts. Legend status is way over used today IMO Legends to me are the likes of Dave Mackay , John Cummings Willie Bauld ,Alex Young John Robertson ect. Modern fans see Skacel  as a legend and I have no argument with that at all its an age thing I would have thought.We have had some excellent players but ''Legends '' ? entitled to say who you see as a legend.

maroonnicky63
2 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I've always supported Paterson but suspected he wouldn't make it as a defender. 

Seems Mr Warnock agrees. I'll take that. PS don't take up gambling.

ha ha I was spot on then '' you always supported Paterson '' I  AM SURE YOU DID AND YOU EVEN KNEW HE WOULDN'T MAKE IT AS A DEFENDER. you should take up betting well done:bolt:

6 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

You may see Skacel as a hearts legend and that's fine as for me I liked him as a player and he would have always been in my team in his time at Hearts. Legend status is way over used today IMO Legends to me are the likes of Dave Mackay , John Cummings Willie Bauld ,Alex Young John Robertson ect. Modern fans see Skacel  as a legend and I have no argument with that at all its an age thing I would have thought.We have had some excellent players but ''Legends '' ? entitled to say who you see as a legend.

Who is the legend called John Cummings?

Seriously?  Never heard of that one.

8 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Skacel won the Scottish Cup twice as a Hearts player and scored in both finals. I'm not sure what the criteria for a 'legend' is, but that fact alone puts him up there with the greatest Hearts players of all time.

rudi must stay

Ye I agree. Very good player, guys like Robbo and the others they're different. Had a huge impact on our club even after they left

SuperstarSteve

ha ha I was spot on then '' you always supported Paterson '' I  AM SURE YOU DID AND YOU EVEN KNEW HE WOULDN'T MAKE IT AS A DEFENDER. you should take up betting well done:bolt:

Anybody who watched Paterson knew he would be going places, 

if you didn’t see it your blind in my opinion. 

He came through the youth academy as a striker, debuted as a striker, so pointing out he’s not that’s good at defending, doesn’t take a genuis. 

13 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Skacel won the Scottish Cup twice as a Hearts player and scored in both finals. I'm not sure what the criteria for a 'legend' is, but that fact alone puts him up there with the greatest Hearts players of all time.

I've seen plenty good and great players for us. Robbo is my absolute legend. In terms of Skacel what he won for the club and how he engaged with the support puts him into the legend bracket. He's certainly not the best player we've had but that's irrelevant when you take into account everything else. We need another hero soon, it's what the kids go to games for...perhaps there's one lurking in the latest batch of recruits.

SuperstarSteve
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I've seen plenty good and great players for us. Robbo is my absolute legend. In terms of Skacel what he won for the club and how he engaged with the support puts him into the legend bracket. He's certainly not the best player we've had but that's irrelevant when you take into account everything else. We need another hero soon, it's what the kids go to games for...perhaps there's one lurking in the latest batch of recruits.

If Lafferty stays he can be that hero

Auld Reekin'
16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Whether or not Skacel should be numbered amongst the Hearts' "legends" (and I don't really care either way as this is indeed a much-abused label), he was one of the best Hearts players I have seen in terms of his technique and the power and accuracy of his shots.

31 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

If Lafferty stays he can be that hero

Very true, hopefully the new signings will help him achieve it.. more service he gets and this could be some season for him.

15 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Whether or not Skacel should be numbered amongst the Hearts' "legends" (and I don't really care either way as this is indeed a much-abused label), he was one of the best Hearts players I have seen in terms of his technique and the power and accuracy of his shots.

He just seemed to thrive at Hearts, he had the same ability when he went elsewhere but never hit the heights his ability merited. Thankfully I hasten to add!

GingaNinja
1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Serious question and not having a dig (because I agree that the word legend is thrown about to much in the modern game) but that said , what is your definition of a Legend ?? what makes a player a Legend in your eye's ?? I'd say for instance the entire 98 team that won the Scottish cup are legends , not so much the 2006 team but the 2012 team that won should also be held in high regard Legend status for me !! why because they all shared in huge moments in my life and every Hearts fans lives ........ As for Rudi Skacel , well Legend for me for what he did on and off the park . Selling pints in our moment of need just scrapes the surface !! 

maroonnicky63
40 minutes ago, Barack said:

Putting aside semantics for a moment...the point raised?

Did you, at any point(assuming you were there) clap/cheer/sing, like the thousands there that night, when Skacel returned to Tynecastle. Albeit in a United kit. With 51 on the back?

no i didn't , I hold him in high regard as an ex player but I didn't feel the need to cheer or clap him but other people did and that's fine