• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

maroonsgotop

gutted about this news. sounds like we had agreed the deal with Genoa but when negotiating personal terms, Ipswich & Reading have allegedly shown an interest. Not clear how serious that interest is but if they're offering more cash to him then we can't complain. Be surprised if he gets lots of game time for either though as he's clearly a talented but still 'developing' player. Don't think he's ready for Championship football yet.

9 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Wonder what package he has asked for 

we need wingers 

Probably the same as he was in Italy. Can’t blame him. 

15 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

gutted about this news. sounds like we had agreed the deal with Genoa but when negotiating personal terms, Ipswich & Reading have allegedly shown an interest. Not clear how serious that interest is but if they're offering more cash to him then we can't complain. Be surprised if he gets lots of game time for either though as he's clearly a talented but still 'developing' player. Don't think he's ready for Championship football yet.

Ipswich and Reading hardly the top of the tree imo.

They do have more money than us though.

It is disappointing after Malinkovic cosying up to Hearts fans on social media that it appears he is just the same as your average mercenary footballer .

Not normally a problem as long as you don't go around telling fans how much you love their club. Better to say nothing.

alwaysthereinspirit

Meh on him coming back or not to be honest. But you need some serious mental health help if you're giving him a hard time on social media.

39 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I’ll say it. Amankwaa will be sh1te after preseason. 

Examples??

check out the comments. A lot of stupid ones

Tynecastle Valhalla

He’s trying to get the most money he can which I guess is fair enough 

Still think this could happen though

Wanted him & he is a good, potentially very good, but let’s not pretend he’s the only good wide player available. 

Levein found him, in sure there’s other options. Calm doon!

Can’t pay what we don’t have.

The squad needed rebuilt on a budget from last season and that is what management is doing. Maybe we’ll get lucky and some of them will turn out to be excellent signings. 

Maybe we’ll hold onto Lafferty and still see Naismith pull on the maroon next season too. If Milinkovic can make more money elsewhere then the likes of him and McLaughlin too are more than entitled to go for it.

A shame but that’s how it goes. We as a club should have learned our lessons from before in terms of spending beyond our means.

Slagging the lad on social media tho is just plain stupid - why would he give 2 fucs what some random says on there anyway?! Just shows up the idiots for who they are.

11 players signed and the promise still of a couple of attacking players is good news surely. 

Cheers Dave!

Edited by CBjambo

sairyinthat
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Pretty much how it works. 

Club accepts price, then player rejects personal terms. 

DM being a wee baw bag it would seem. 

Not a good idea to bam up Craig Levein if that is what's happening.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, E3OBE said:

Point me in the direction of the width in our team, who's unlocking the opposition defence?

We aren't seriously thinking Edwards, Mulraney & Amankwaa can do that regularly are we?

All the other signings are centre mids, defenders and strikers who aren't exactly known for making things happen on their own. (not saying they are crap btw.. you're either that type of player or your not)

To answer your first question >>>>>>>>>>>>>easter road 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, CBjambo said:

Can’t pay what we don’t have.

The squad needed rebuilt on a budget from last season and that is what management is doing. Maybe we’ll get lucky and some of them will turn out to be excellent signings. 

Maybe we’ll hold onto Lafferty and still see Naismith pull on the maroon next season too. If Milinkovic can make more money elsewhere then the likes of him and McLaughlin too are more than entitled to go for it.

A shame but that’s how it goes. We as a club should have learned our lessons from before in terms of spending beyond our means.

Slagging the lad on social media tho is just plain stupid - why would he give 2 fucs what some random says on there anyway?! Just shows up the idiots for who they are.

11 players signed and the promise still of a couple of attacking players is good news surely. 

Cheers Dave!

11 players signed? A make it 9 so far 

7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Not at all - I've just never seen a positive, supportive post from you...ever!

Well you'll need to look more often. I'm really disappointed you don't stock my posts lol.

Adam_the_legend
15 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

check out the comments. A lot of stupid ones

Tbf most of them are pretty supportive, just a few idiots mixed in.

For it to happen the way it has it smacks of CL calling the agents bluff. Hopefully there’s still life in it...

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, sadj said:

those who are so full of their own self importance they have no concept of anything but their own self importance. Everyones favourite poster is a prime example of this.

The "atmosphere on this forum" is ruined by the following:

1. People who simply can't handle open, honest discussion of anything to do with the club, and take any criticism of anything about it as a personal affront.

2. Typically snide comments like yours here, whoever it's aimed at.

3. Wee cyberbullies who appear like clockwork in support. 

Compare and contrast with @jonnothejambo. Funny, sharp, doesn't take himself too seriously, and an absolute class act, as he's proven once again on this thread.

This forum discusses all things to do with HMFC. It is quite extraordinary how some on here seek to censor that discussion, or treat those who have a different opinion like they're some enemy within.

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

1. People who simply can't handle open, honest discussion of anything to do with the club, and take any criticism of anything about it as a personal affront.

Compare and contrast with @jonnothejambo. Funny, sharp, doesn't take himself too seriously, and an absolute class act, as he's proven once again on this thread.

This forum discusses all things to do with HMFC. It is quite extraordinary how some on here seek to censor that discussion, or treat those who have a different opinion like they're some enemy within.

Hobo 

portobellojambo1
41 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Ipswich and Reading hardly the top of the tree imo.

They do have more money than us though.

It is disappointing after Malinkovic cosying up to Hearts fans on social media that it appears he is just the same as your average mercenary footballer .

Not normally a problem as long as you don't go around telling fans how much you love their club. Better to say nothing.

Might sound like a daft question, but where are they getting the money from. Do clubs in their position in the league get a healthy pay out each season from the FA.

I'm just asking because their average home crowd is around 16,600, which isn't a million miles away from our own. However, I appreciate our present position, where money is tight.

I'm only guessing but it does appear that money may be more important to him than who he plays for. In such cases we just have to move on. I'd like to look on it from a positive side and say it could give us a bit more money to help secure Naismith for the coming season (although not read through the thread but noticed one or two comments at the top of this page which maybe suggested I've not read something hinting at the possibility of Naismith not returning (that would be a blow)).

Edited by portobellojambo1

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Might sound like a daft question, but where are they getting the money from. Do clubs in their position in the league get a healthy pay out each season from the FA.

I'm just asking because their average home crowd is around 16,600, which isn't a million miles away from our own. However, I appreciate our present position, where money is tight.

I'm only guessing but it does appear that money may be more important to him than who he plays for. In such cases we just have to move on. I'd like to look on it from a positive side and say it could give us a bit more money to help secure Naismith for the coming season (although not read through the thread but noticed one or two comments at the top of this page which maybe suggested I've not read something hinting at the possibility of Naismith not returning (that would be a blow)).

Far more money down south from tv and sponsorship 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Thought we’d agreed a fee?

We've agreed a fee...we're discussing personal terms. I don't believe it's a dead deal yet. I also don't think it's his actual pay more around other personal terms. I still think it's 80/20 in favour of him signing.

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Clubs did. Not personal terms with DM though. 

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

I read Jonnos post as he was replying to a poster who was slating the new signings without seeing them first.

jonno wasn’t the poster who was having the dig at the signings.

Yeah I know thats what jonno was doing and he didnt speak any different to normal tho maybe if anything it was less brutal. The comment was treated the way it deserved to be for its negative crap. Another thing that ruins this place 

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We have. 

Its personal terms which which appears to be stumbling block. 

A shame if deal goes south cause of this.   He could earn more money elsewhere, absolutely. 

But by coming back to us, he could potentially earn an even more lucrative offer from a bigger, more reputable club than those mentioned (reading/Ipswich). 

Short sighted of him or more likely, his greedy agent. 

If if he doesn’t come back, Cest La Vie. 

I think Milinkovic is one of those players who will become better in everyone’s heads the more it looks like we won’t be signing him.

He’s a good player and I would like to keep him, but not so much that we should break our wage structure. He knows what we are prepared to pay. If he wants too much, he can look elsewhere and good luck to him.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Not a good idea to bam up Craig Levein if that is what's happening.

Aye, doesn't suffer fools. 

Geoff the Mince
29 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've never liked the pack mentality on here or in real life ,

Some need to lighten up . 

22 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Agreed Geoff.

22 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I think Milinkovic is one of those players who will become better in everyone’s heads the more it looks like we won’t be signing him.

He’s a good player and I would like to keep him, but not so much that we should break our wage structure. He knows what we are prepared to pay. If he wants too much, he can look elsewhere and good luck to him.

The opposite, every person on here said how delighted they are and how good he was when this looked like it was happening (which it still can) but you can guarantee if it doesn’t first the love in will stop with some, names will be called then it will be suggested he wasn’t that good and someone like Crawford is a better option. 

Big Slim Stylee
59 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

??? Fwiends.

Would have loved to have had him back but  if he has been offered more money elsewhere not much we can do about it . 

CL doing the right thing here calling it early , we move on 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

This is not real life?

:wtf:

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ok just a few points.

Nothing snide in that comment,  It is a forum where things are discussed yet almost every topic falls back to CL or AB are assholes. Whoever it relates to or if its a general everyones fav poster is irrelevant. 

In your opinion.... Yet again Shaun its your opinion. Mine and many others are its the trolls the constant derailing of topics to CL and AB etc , more trolls , interlopers who pretend to be jambos and interlopers who think its fun to try and disrupt this place that make the atmosphere toxic at times. 99.99% of the rest of the time people are very much able to have a laugh or banter in amongst the cheek and debates.

You choose to reply to this which in regards your opinion of why the atmosphere can drop on JKB is fine but don’t try and put me down. I don’t feel the need to belittle you in regards to your attitude. Many times iv said to you maybe if you learnt how to speak to people rather than constantly patronising or being condescending peoples opinion of you would change. However within that Iv also said you can make decent points but the 4 paragraphs to say i like this or dislike because wears thin every post (yes im aware of the irony regards this post) 

Jonno and I are very different posters and so what? Jonno is very much a poster who is incredibly blunt as is evidenced by all of us who’ve said hmmm wheres the real Jonno tonight. That does not mean they are better or worse posters than anyone else.

I have opinions which come from playing football , being around clubs , international set ups , meeting many people and those who know me know my background. I don’t have the vocabulary you do but that does not make me any less intelligent nor does it make my opinions less valid. They are borne from real life not books or the internet.

Many of the disagreements on here are not censoring , that is something this forum does not do and not something you should question. Its incredibly disrespectful to the mods and administrators who do an outstanding job across a very popular board. So for that I hope you will see your inappropriateness and apologise to the correct people. 

Imo they are because people are passionate about the club and all see differently the position of the club or expectations are different. Negative and positive. Others are because people feel it necessary to troll on here with the sole aim of belittling the club or garnering a reaction. 

Edited by sadj

23 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:wink:

Here Jonno this will help the grump mate , maybe if Milinkovic goes down the pan we can pick up a Peruvian player and some of their supporters find there way to Tynie

4659D796-5139-43E8-8BC7-25AD0401139C.jpeg

Edited by sadj

Just now, sadj said:

Here Jonno this will help the grump mate , maybe if Milinkovic goes down the pan we can pick up a peruvian player and some of there supporters find there way to Tynie

Nice chebbs but facially she looks like she’s had a stroke!

1 minute ago, Rabgee said:

Nice chebbs but facially she looks like she’s had a stroke!

She has a face ?? Ill look again...

Nope still not seeing one

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Here Jonno this will help the grump mate , maybe if Milinkovic goes down the pan we can pick up a Peruvian player and some of their supporters find there way to Tynie

Haven’t forgiven Peru since 78....but could be persuaded to now if all the fans are like that! 

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Haven’t forgiven Peru since 78....but could be persuaded to now if all the fans are like that! 

Can you imagine even just a few hundred like that on the slopes of Tynie? 

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Pot calling kettle black.