Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

Ministry MK2

I do like Milinkovic and would be happy enough to see him here next season, but would be madness to break the bank for him. 

Same goes for Naismith tbh. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Smartass ?? likewise with Naismith however , if as we’d like we have Mitchell and Naismith back next season Id imagine they would be on high wages for our structure and I don’t think Milinkovic is at their level yet to deserve equivalent placement in our wage structure. 

Yeah, you're right. I don't think Mitchell is quite "top" level yet but pretty sure he will be.

12 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Yeah, you're right. I don't think Mitchell is quite "top" level yet but pretty sure he will be.

No argument here , but common sense says he’ll be on a good whack at United. 

On 6/20/2018 at 21:08, sadj said:

If he doesn’t come he doesn’t come , no point abusing him for it. He has a family and a duty to look after them. If i was offered a massive payrise id do the same. Its a short career. As you saidnwe have a structure and if he doesnt fit it fair enough we move on

Spot on !! but how it should go if he had any sense!

1. sign for Hearts - at your age you need to be playing every week  

2. have a storming season scoring 12 and setting up another 10

3. Next year 18 months Go down to the road and get yer 50 grand a week.............doddle

31 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Spot on !! but how it should go if he had any sense!

1. sign for Hearts - at your age you need to be playing every week  

2. have a storming season scoring 12 and setting up another 10

3. Next year 18 months Go down to the road and get yer 50 grand a week.............doddle

Yeah thats how I think these players should view us , Im disappointed if his heads turned by money as id of hoped he’d stuck around on a 2 year deal smash this season earn a bigger better move for his career. But money omis money when its phreeeee even better.....

Edited by sadj

11 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I will do - liking the less grumpy version of Mitch. Is it just for the summer or here for good?

Grumpy isn't me. I say it how it is good or bad. It sometimes feel when i come out with what Levein or Ann has done wrong i'm the enemy. And when i praise them i'm asked "is this really Mitch talking". I have no power over what happens at Hearts so like the vast majority of us JKB'ers i express honest views on what i witness on the pitch and what is reported about Hearts. I don't hate Craig Levein or anybody at Hearts but you have to be honest with what you feel good or bad about everthing that goes on at Hearts.

gashauskis9
10 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

We definitely need another wide player. Even if Amankwaa comes good and Mulraney tears it up, we need competition. Hopefully Levein can pull a rabbit out the hat. 

I disagree.  We don’t play with wide players, more often than not we use wing backs.  I’d be reluctant for us to have 3/4 players in a position our formation doesn’t cater for.  Amankwaa and Milinkovic spent more time in the middle of the pitch last season, struggling to think of either of them bombing to the byeline to get a cross in.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I disagree.  We don’t play with wide players, more often than not we use wing backs.  I’d be reluctant for us to have 3/4 players in a position our formation doesn’t cater for.  Amankwaa and Milinkovic spent more time in the middle of the pitch last season, struggling to think of either of them bombing to the byeline to get a cross in.

Last season we didn't have options though , I'm sure this season you'll see more of wide player further up park 

gashauskis9
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Last season we didn't have options though , I'm sure this season you'll see more of wide player further up park 

Hope so.  It’s been a cornerstone of most of our successful sides.

Selkirkhmfc1874
28 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hope so.  It’s been a cornerstone of most of our successful sides.

Agree football much better to watch with winger taking players on and getting to the bye line etc

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree football much better to watch with winger taking players on and getting to the bye line etc

I agree but just even watching the world cup how many genuine wingers actually play in modern day football.

I love wingers, hate it when they check inside play a square ball, nothing like a wee dribbler beating a man getting to the byline get a cross in.

I think Milinkovic offers genuine pace and a threat in behind. He makes defenders drop off a yard, gets you on the front foot. In saying that if he wants ridiculous money out with our wage structure I think you need to move on. As good as he was last season he was the best of a bad bunch at times. 

Raymond Reddington

What about Greg Stewart as an alternative to DM? Still contracted to Birmingham however was on loan at Aberdeen so cant see him being wanted at his parent club. 

14 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

What about Greg Stewart as an alternative to DM? Still contracted to Birmingham however was on loan at Aberdeen so cant see him being wanted at his parent club. 

Done very little at Aberdeen by all accounts. Milinkovic won’t be easy to replace like for like.

5 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Done very little at Aberdeen by all accounts. Milinkovic will be all but impossible to replace like for like.

Ftfy.

Would love to hear more on the 65/35 chance from daza.

Where he’s got that from I don’t know ?

Edited by El Diez

Adam_the_legend
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ftfy.

I like DM but he’s hardly ronaldo. There will be other players out there. 

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I like DM but he’s hardly ronaldo. There will be other players out there. 

My answer was in response to the ‘like for like’ narrative.

In context with your post however, I totally agree.

5 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Me too.  I'm still holding out some hope that having baulked at his initial wage demands, he might be prepared to drop his expectations to something that we can realistically match.

36 minutes ago, El Diez said:

A 65/35 isn't a certainty.

53 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Did you ever get round to telling us what YOU heard ?

46 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Me too.  I'm still holding out some hope that having baulked at his initial wage demands, he might be prepared to drop his expectations to something that we can realistically match.

I hear that his agent was I talks with the club  yesterday., it's us that he wants to come to but there are other more lucrative alternative on the table.  Hard ball time!

42 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I hear that his agent was I talks with the club  yesterday., it's us that he wants to come to but there are other more lucrative alternative on the table.  Hard ball time!

Correct.

30 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I doubt if this is going to happen.  Last season Genoa were presumably paying part of his wages whereas if we sign him permanently we'd pay the lot.   The gap between what we can afford and what he is currently on may just be too wide

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I doubt if this is going to happen.  Last season Genoa were presumably paying part of his wages whereas if we sign him permanently we'd pay the lot.   The gap between what we can afford and what he is currently on may just be too wide

What he is currently on doesnt really come into it. What other clubs are willing to pay him is. We and I'd suggest, he, knew what we could offer.

could still get done if the other offers dont turn out to be as lucrative as 1st thought.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I'd imagine our top wage would be a first team fringe player wage to Genoa. Say he'd be on between 3,000-5,000 euros anyway at Genoa. Our top wage, for the likes of Lafferty and Berra will probably be in that region, but Hearts probably don't believe he's worth that as a basic wage, which for us would be a massive risk of we're shelling out 200-300k euros to buy him in the first place.  Might not be value for money.

CL is doing the right thing though, great if we get him but not worth pushing the boat out for because come 30th of June there will be shitloads of players on the market. 

Rocky jamboa

I reckon he is keen to stick with us and likely been offered a decent wage but then Ipswich and whoever else is interested has came in with £8-9k per week, maybe more, and he's rightly had his head turned. 

39 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What he is currently on doesnt really come into it. What other clubs are willing to pay him is. We and I'd suggest, he, knew what we could offer.

could still get done if the other offers dont turn out to be as lucrative as 1st thought.

He is contracted to Genoa until 2019 so I'm not sure why you think his current wage doesn't come into it.  If all else fails he could sit on his rear end on Genoa's bench and (probably) get a better wage than we choose to afford.

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct.

Guess that would suggest it is about 65/35 in out favour then , club wants it , he wants it , working on it but far from certain and Deevers your always there or there abouts wi info imo so thank you.

jamtartan74

Wee Davie, skinny milinki, insta milinka, the hibbie hater, will, I repeat, will, be a Hearts player this coming season ??  

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

He is contracted to Genoa until 2019 so I'm not sure why you think his current wage doesn't come into it.  If all else fails he could sit on his rear end on Genoa's bench and (probably) get a better wage than we choose to afford.

His current wage doesn't come into it because he is leaving Genoa.  If he chooses to stay at Genoa and fight for a place on the bench then it will come into it.

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Choose to afford?

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Wee Davie, skinny milinki, insta milinka, the hibbie hater, will, I repeat, will, be a Hearts player this coming season ??  

Good news, hope you're right:pleased:

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Great News.................... If It's True, That is 

Geoff the Mince

If he was offered £5k a week down south even that amount  is significantly more than we will be offering 

Also we are paying a transfer fee which will  restrict any wages , I wonder what the fee is ? 

jamtartan74
50 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Good news, hope you're right:pleased:

Ok well here goes, I have maybe jumped the gun in more hope than expectation, was told last night that he really wants to come back and both him and the club are trying to meet in the middle, he knows our wage bracket but does have other offers, France and England being the main ones should he not sign on with us. He’s not trying to hold us to ransom, he’s got other offers so quite rightly so thinking over all options, (he owes us nothing), he would love to stay here but money talks at the end of the day. He wants to stay with us though so that’s not in question. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
43 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Ok well here goes, I have maybe jumped the gun in more hope than expectation, was told last night that he really wants to come back and both him and the club are trying to meet in the middle, he knows our wage bracket but does have other offers, France and England being the main ones should he not sign on with us. He’s not trying to hold us to ransom, he’s got other offers so quite rightly so thinking over all options, (he owes us nothing), he would love to stay here but money talks at the end of the day. He wants to stay with us though so that’s not in question. 

That being case he's playing dangerous game because levein won't play silly games ! Irons already in other fires 

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That being case he's playing dangerous game because levein won't play silly games ! Irons already in other fires 

Well u may call it dangerous, he may call it seeing what’s best for him? He owes us nothing to be fair let’s be honest. For talking sakes, if we offer 3k a week and a French or English club offer him even 5k then why shouldn’t he take it? Let’s just hope that something can be sorted out as he defo wants to stay here, he loves it here. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Well u may call it dangerous, he may call it seeing what’s best for him? He owes us nothing to be fair let’s be honest. For talking sakes, if we offer 3k a week and a French or English club offer him even 5k then why shouldn’t he take it? Let’s just hope that something can be sorted out as he defo wants to stay here, he loves it here. 

Yeah you right he gotta do what's best for him but if he desperate to be here he'll need to get move on because levein got other irons in fire and if he signs someone his chance be gone 

5 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Depends what we mean by 'best'.  Financially he'll be better off with whatever other offers he has.  But if he really loves it here, wants to come, and will get paid for being here, then he needs to take the emotional/wellbeing stuff into account.  I'd love him to sign but we should not even be thinking about tearing up our wage structure to get him.  He is not that player, yet.

jamtartan74
13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah you right he gotta do what's best for him but if he desperate to be here he'll need to get move on because levein got other irons in fire and if he signs someone his chance be gone 

Nobody has said he’s desperate to be here though, he’s not a Gorgie lad or even Edinburgh remember, he’s a foreign lad who has taken to our club, like several before him, he wants to be here next season but if a better offer comes his way then no doubt he would consider it. I shouldn’t have said that he ‘will’ be a Hearts player next season but from what I have been told then it will take a much better offer for him not to be, there are better placed people on this board than me to tell u more accurate info, juat passing on what I know. 

jamtartan74
16 minutes ago, Haken said:

Depends what we mean by 'best'.  Financially he'll be better off with whatever other offers he has.  But if he really loves it here, wants to come, and will get paid for being here, then he needs to take the emotional/wellbeing stuff into account.  I'd love him to sign but we should not even be thinking about tearing up our wage structure to get him.  He is not that player, yet.

He’s a young guy playing football in foreign lands, what’s best for him is earning as much cash as possible. We won’t break any wage structure to sign him, he knows what’s on offer, he’s being offered more elsewhere so is weighing up options, nothing is finalised, he would happily stay here. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Nobody has said he’s desperate to be here though, he’s not a Gorgie lad or even Edinburgh remember, he’s a foreign lad who has taken to our club, like several before him, he wants to be here next season but if a better offer comes his way then no doubt he would consider it. I shouldn’t have said that he ‘will’ be a Hearts player next season but from what I have been told then it will take a much better offer for him not to be, there are better placed people on this board than me to tell u more accurate info, juat passing on what I know. 

As far as I was told the deal was dead as far as hearts were concerned so even if he did come back and say he wants to sign he might find levein saying thanks but no thanks you had your chance 

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As far as I was told the deal was dead as far as hearts were concerned so even if he did come back and say he wants to sign he might find levein saying thanks but no thanks you had your chance 

Not what I have been told, offers still there, but we may decide to move on with other targets if it’s not sorted pretty quickly. 

jamtartan74

Btw, i am in no way itk when it comes to our transfers, this is coming from a trusted  friend who is a relative of someone who is a coach with us, I probably should have kept my mouth shut but after a couple of drinks too many I thought it’d be a good idea to post on here ??‍♂️

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Btw, i am in no way itk when it comes to our transfers, this is coming from a trusted  friend who is a relative of someone who is a coach with us, I probably should have kept my mouth shut but after a couple of drinks too many I thought it’d be a good idea to post on here ??‍♂️

Good of you too share your info mate , we obviously been told different stories so only time will tell 

jamtartan74
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good of you too share your info mate , we obviously been told different stories so only time will tell 

No worries bud, we will indeed see how things pan out.

3 hours ago, WageThief said:

His current wage doesn't come into it because he is leaving Genoa.  If he chooses to stay at Genoa and fight for a place on the bench then it will come into it.

Or if Genoa change their minds and say offers received are unsuitable -  in which case he won't be leaving.  It may not be his choice.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Choose to afford?

Yes, choose to afford.  We may have enough money to get him but choose not to put all our eggs in the one basket.