Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

Whilst I liked DM I agree we shouldn't break the bank to get him signed. What I can't get my head around is why certain posters appear on all these different threads saying if Lafferty this if Lafferty that, blah blah fekin blah gies peace ffs, the big man loves hearts and we love him. FTH !!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

17 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

If...and I mean If this deal is off, maybe we should get Templeton in on a free and use the money saved on getting Mulumbu in from Kilmarnock (he could be the DM we need).

Probably no chance, as I'd imagine he will be EFL Championship bound.

Highly doubt we'll sign any more midfielders after Bozanic came in.

Got him, Lee, Edwards, Cowie, Burns, Cochrane, Callachan, Djoum.

More than enough.

Think we'll get Milinkovic (or other), Haring, Naismith, Vanecek, GK & maybe Mitchell and that will be it

Does anyone else think that if the deal was dead Levein would be having a go at DM in the press as Hearts have been wasting their time trying to get a deal done with Genoa.  It's like we've done all the work and DM will use that for a deal somewhere else. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If if Lafferty is sold we will be in a position to do so that BENEFITS Hearts. 

I am very relaxed if he leaves it will not be to our detriment 

financially your bang on. I’m also relaxed about it. However Ikpeazu/Mclean/ possibly Vancek to fill his goals i wouldn’t be so confident about. Only because they’re unknown to us. They may turn out better than Lafferty who knows.  I think Ikpeazu May turn out to be a wee rough diamond. Don’t know why as I’ve never seen him play but his you tube clips. Looks raw but full of potential and has everything needed to be a good striker  

5 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Highly doubt we'll sign any more midfielders after Bozanic came in.

Got him, Lee, Edwards, Cowie, Burns, Cochrane, Callachan, Djoum.

More than enough.

Think we'll get Milinkovic (or other), Haring, Naismith, Vanecek, GK & maybe Mitchell and that will be it

I think we will shedding some of those...Cowie/Callachan possibly.

Then we would have Lee/Edwards/Cochrane as CM's...Djoum/Burns as AM's, Bozanic as a DM...so might need another DM to give at least 2 for every position.

Anyway, hopefully we manage to get Milinkovic back!

Edited by Deviskan

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

There's probably 6 clubs in the world who aren't selling clubs...That's reality. 

What we have stated is we want to develop talent so we reduce our spend on players and create a profitable model where there's always a player ready to step up when another is sold. We aren't far from starting to see this in practice. For now we have bought a decent squad. If clubs offer us money for a player we will consider the offer that doesn't mean everytime a club waves a few tenners at us we'll sell. We will sell if its beneficial to us. That's the real world no point pretending otherwise. 

At least we recognise that and are trying to fill the gaps with a serious development plan.

There is a difference between selling when a huge offer comes in for a player and making selling players the reason for the club's existence. 

I fear that is what is happening at Hearts. There is far too big a turnover of players year on year.

We should have a core squad of players and replace like for like quality wise when one moves on. It's very hard to build team spirit with so many changes.

Hackney Hearts
40 minutes ago, alanbauld said:

he is a player who doesn't turn up more times than he does and we were thinking of paying for him ? No, better Templeton than him at least he would give it a go every week.

I don't think we could fault DM for effort? - okay some days were more productive than others, but you'd have to say that about any player in his role (certainly applies to Templeton).

Still managed 6 goals and 5 assists in 16 starts. Add to that he's a known quantity and would potentially be even better with a pre-season and better midfield around him. 

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There is a difference between selling when a huge offer comes in for a player and making selling players the reason for the club's existence. 

I fear that is what is happening at Hearts. There is far too big a turnover of players year on year.

We should have a core squad of players and replace like for like quality wise when one moves on. It's very hard to build team spirit with so many changes.

I think we're seeing that now. The players are coming in on perm deals and all look like they will improve here. None are the finished article.

7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I don't think we could fault DM for effort? - okay some days were more productive than others, but you'd have to say that about any player in his role (certainly applies to Templeton).

Still managed 6 goals and 5 assists in 16 starts. Add to that he's a known quantity and would potentially be even better with a pre-season and better midfield around him. 

This. Mustn't break the bank for him but I'd really like him to come back.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, jayjay said:

financially your bang on. I’m also relaxed about it. However Ikpeazu/Mclean/ possibly Vancek to fill his goals i wouldn’t be so confident about. Only because they’re unknown to us. They may turn out better than Lafferty who knows.  I think Ikpeazu May turn out to be a wee rough diamond. Don’t know why as I’ve never seen him play but his you tube clips. Looks raw but full of potential and has everything needed to be a good striker  

I agree with you, I think he will take a few games to get up to speed but he has power and pace which can be a great mix up here. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 hours ago, jayjay said:

Hope your right daza cos as off late last night I was told it was definitely off. He was asking for the same cash as the top earners ie Berra and Lafferty. That’s not gonna happen. They’re both established experienced and proven international players.

He does have plenty potential though but not at that kind of salary. Fwiw I still believe we will see Naismith back and a few players go who we probably don’t want or expect to go. Nothing certain but the squad is very big all of a sudden with more to come. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Lafferty and Souttar still at the club end of August. I hope I’m wrong but there has to be money freed up from somewhere to sustain a squad that we currently have and to get Naismith and Demi Mitchell back plus a centre back and goalkeeper. 

Good to have you back ITK JayJay, even if you are the harbinger of bad news today... :(

We_are_the_Hearts
45 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Gary Kirk and John Murray didn't fancy him at all. Levein defo was the one that wanted to gamble on him without seeing him in a full game.

As I've said many times before, I'll be shocked if Lafferty ISN'T a Hearts player at the end of the transfer window.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, jayjay said:

I would rather keep Kyle than the cash. But goals may come from other areas. If we can get Naismith back, would he play further forward? Hibs cup game when Lafferty was suspended?

Remember watching Ikpeazu against Leeds in the FA Cup, kind of guy who will be extremely effective one day and hopeless the next. McLean has a happy knack. Vanecek, who knows.

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

If...and I mean If this deal is off, maybe we should get Templeton in on a free and use the money saved on getting Mulumbu in from Kilmarnock (he could be the DM we need).

I seem to recall Mulumbu being mentioned as having said he only came up for Clarke , be an interesting signing though. 

Im not in the Templeton camp but he had a good season last year and if Crawford comes in then at least they have a good understanding from the off so as a stop gap maybe.

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

21 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Gary Kirk and John Murray didn't fancy him at all. Levein defo was the one that wanted to gamble on him without seeing him in a full game.

Looks to me like we are prepared to gamble on (relatively) one or two unknown players. It didn't work with Stockton last year but that doesn't mean we should stop gambling - Ikpeazu could be another Louis Moult (fingers crossed)

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

If we have a spare bit of cash I would bring in Adao. He would be a gamble but we are missing a player like him in the squad

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

If we have a spare bit of cash I would bring in Adao. He would be a gamble but we are missing a player like him in the squad

This. We know what we are getting with him.

16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Well you'll need to look more often. I'm really disappointed you don't stock my posts lol.

I will do - liking the less grumpy version of Mitch. Is it just for the summer or here for good?

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

This is the way it should be.

Football is about winning trophies. Everything else is incidental. We should not be actively promoting ourselves as a selling club. We should be a club who have designs on challenging for the title and qualifying for European football every year. If top players have to move on it should be after they have achieved something tangible at Hearts.

Otherwise why are we bothering at all ?

:spoton: 

Hearts player and supports should know that...when you are in, youre in. 

When you choose to be out...you are OUT. 

DM is a dik. Burnt his own bridges. 

(Although I reserve my right to contradict myself  if DM should in fact decide to sign for Hearts). 

26 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I will do - liking the less grumpy version of Mitch. Is it just for the summer or here for good?

He’s easily my favourite poster! 

Libertarian

If DM doesn't return next season then David Templeton (as far as I am aware) is a free agent. Personally I would prefer Temps.

7 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

If DM doesn't return next season then David Templeton (as far as I am aware) is a free agent. Personally I would prefer Temps.

No thanks...not good enough.

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

This is the way it should be.

Football is about winning trophies. Everything else is incidental. We should not be actively promoting ourselves as a selling club. We should be a club who have designs on challenging for the title and qualifying for European football every year. If top players have to move on it should be after they have achieved something tangible at Hearts.

Otherwise why are we bothering at all ?

Unfortunately, as Debut4 says, there are a number of HMFC fans who either don't understand or are unwilling to accept this. Everything we have in the background is a bonus, the new main stand, the fact the head chef and the associated hospitality staff recently received a very deserved award at UK level and we are in the process of laying a new top class surface for example. All huge bonuses, and in the middle case very much deserved by all the staff involved, but fact is none of these things win football matches, these are won and lost on the park, meaning the first 11 should always be the main focus. The problem specifically on this site is that the vast majority of fans who say they want to see HMFC winning are basically told to feck off and go watch Celtic or Rangers. That actually says more about those fans who don't care if we don't win in all honesty. We shouldn't be looking to educate and coach players for the benefit of other sides, we should be looking to build a side than can compete regularly. Players will leave eventually, but not for the sake of it. The emphasis should always be on building, not looking to create for others benefit, or simply selling to try another experiment or 10.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. We know what we are getting with him.

I think that's why he isn't coming back?

Nookie Bear
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

Unfortunately, as Debut4 says, there are a number of HMFC fans who either don't understand or are unwilling to accept this. Everything we have in the background is a bonus, the new main stand, the fact the head chef and the associated hospitality recently received a very deserved award at UK level and we are in the process of laying a new top class surface for example. All huge bonuses, and in the middle case very much deserved by all the staff involved, but fact is none of these things win football matches, these are won and lost on the park, meaning the first 11 should always be the main focus. The problem specifically on this site is that the vast majority of fans who say they want to see HMFC winning are basically told to feck off an go watch Celtic or Rangers. That actually says more about those fans who don't care if we don't win in all honesty. We shouldn't be looking to educate and coach players for the benefit of other sides, we should be looking to build a side than can compete regularly. Players will leave eventually, but not for the sake of it. The emphasis should always be on building, not looking to create for others benefit, or simply selling to try another experiment or 10.

:bravo:

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think that's why he isn't coming back?

If you cant see what he brought to the team you need to start watching netball.

16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

:bravo:

19 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Unfortunately, as Debut4 says, there are a number of HMFC fans who either don't understand or are unwilling to accept this. Everything we have in the background is a bonus, the new main stand, the fact the head chef and the associated hospitality staff recently received a very deserved award at UK level and we are in the process of laying a new top class surface for example. All huge bonuses, and in the middle case very much deserved by all the staff involved, but fact is none of these things win football matches, these are won and lost on the park, meaning the first 11 should always be the main focus. The problem specifically on this site is that the vast majority of fans who say they want to see HMFC winning are basically told to feck off and go watch Celtic or Rangers. That actually says more about those fans who don't care if we don't win in all honesty. We shouldn't be looking to educate and coach players for the benefit of other sides, we should be looking to build a side than can compete regularly. Players will leave eventually, but not for the sake of it. The emphasis should always be on building, not looking to create for others benefit, or simply selling to try another experiment or 10.

Nobody disagrees with the fact that it's on the pitch that matters but if you don't have the right club infrastructure then the football side will ultimately suffer.   Everything that is happening at Hearts is about building the infrastructure that maximises income.  This then gives more clout to player recruitment.  Everything we have in the background is much much more than a bonus, it's the very future well being of our club.  It's ridiculous to simply write this off as a bonus.  

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

One look at this thread would have him nashing for the airport.    

Arrivals or departures?

49 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Well said.

1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

You may have just caused forum members to be split 50/50 with that post.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

:clap:  

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I would suggest under both Neilson and now Levien thats exactly what we're doing. While in the background building the infrastructure and the academy. 

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Nobody disagrees with the fact that it's on the pitch that matters but if you don't have the right club infrastructure then the football side will ultimately suffer.   Everything that is happening at Hearts is about building the infrastructure that maximises income.  This then gives more clout to player recruitment.  Everything we have in the background is much much more than a bonus, it's the very future well being of our club.  It's ridiculous to simply write this off as a bonus.  

:spoton:

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Happy Mitch. Impressed with the new attitude. Could turn out to be an important poster for us during the season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If you cant see what he brought to the team you need to start watching netball.

Adao. Are you sure? Or are you a netball fan?

On 19/06/2018 at 13:45, Thomaso said:

Maybe because it was always Berra doing the chasing back.

That would be because a team play to their combined strengths ?

Not sure why you have problem with Hughes , its certainly not based on anything factual

27 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Happy Mitch. Impressed with the new attitude. Could turn out to be an important poster for us during the season. 

:) 

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Absolutely this. I’d be shocked to find anyone on here who thinks that the absolute aim of a football team is anything other than to win trophies. Something that is regularly overlooked, however, is that the aim is to win trophies regularly. To give ourselves the best chance of doing that we do things to increase our revenue - like building a main stand or providing a high quality hospitality service. We may also sell our best assets and, thus, temporarily weaken our first team. But the funds obtained by doing so would be put to a use that could benefit us at some point down the line. Everything we do as a club is related in some way to an attempt to win a trophy.

59 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Squad poster at best! Definitely not an improvement on last season and there's enough projects as it is...

7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why would Norwich not not be paying him when he's under contract to them for another year. 

He either comes here and we pay part of his salary, or he sits in the stand and Norwich pay all of it

Not paying his wages.

He was paid off from his Norwich contract- but not in a lump sum - in monthly instalments. So quasi salary in practice but really just Norwich getting longer to pay him off

3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Some of what you say I agree with however I think winning trophies is a rare thing. We need to compete better thats for certain we need players who play for the shirt etc. Definately agree on building we should of built a spine and worked round that. The theory of the system of training coaches to step up and keep continuity takes takes time to implent. If we stick with it it could work well but football fans and us more than most are fickle. 

The team was not progressing under Robbie and the stabilisation wasnt to everyones satisfaction. From there we went a new way and dismantled the team and style to try something else. If it had worked we’d be sitting here ❤️❤️???? However it didnt and now we are having to sort those issues stabilise again then we can move forward. Putting a good infrastructure in place just now will bring in additional funding and with that hopefully the spine we build can be built on and we can move forward to greater things and consistently challenging around the top two and the semis/finals of cups.

Its a very difficult balancing job but Imo a necessary evil to take us forward if maybe one that if we could of waited longer would of been better. Unfortunately we couldn’t. 

Hopefully this season will see us regain our forward momentum and see us push on. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Adao. Are you sure? Or are you a netball fan?

Nowt wrong with netball!!!! Haha. You wouldnt want Adao back? I thought he was great. Not in every game but with better players around him I'd love him in the team.