Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

24 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I am in the minority when I say I am a bit meh about him. Hardworking but not enough of a goal threat IMO

Would rather have Nasmith TBH

You probably are but I'm in there with you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, PTBCAL said:

Neither will I. Was not bothered if he signed or not.

Was not a threat in the final 3rd enough for me.

Well that's just nonsense. 

26 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

We know, Taz. He's not been living all his life dreaming of the wide open fields surrounding Ipswich, or easy transport links to London from Reading,mate. 

We must wallow in our fake misery and abuse of him. Allow people that much. :lol:

Fake Misery and Abuse ???

wonder how long before its CLs fault he didnt want him it was all a ruse hits this place

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Well that's just nonsense. 

Not nonsense.

Differing Opinions surely ?

There is a good chance that the club are still dealing with things.

We've made a few signings so far that many people didn't know too much about - which is probably a good thing in the current football market.

I refuse to accept it's over. 

Just don't make me take down the shrine I've got to him :(

6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Its not dead. I suspect BAnderson is just taking his info from all the other sites. Thats my personal thoughts. My reply to asking the question was "deal is not dead"

Banderson taking info from other sites shock.... Id imagine in the grand scheme were still a good fit for him. 2year deal , play regularly progress from last year move on next summer to a decent level team knowing he’ll play. Right now hes probably not a guaranteed starter anywhere hes been quoted. Money talks though

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
6 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Not nonsense.

Differing Opinions surely ?

Fair enough. I just feel you have unreasonable expectations. You never disputed my 10+ goal next season if he were to sign. He was our most dangerous midfielder last season. 

Not much of a threat? Nah, I'm not having that. :lol:

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

21 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

So is it welcome back Temps time !!!

A mate of mine just text that to me. His lad is pals with Ross Callaghan & he says thats the gossip. Not fact. Gossip. 

The heading says we've pulled out of the deal then in story he goes on it looks to be dead.  What is it? Dead or looks. To be dead?

Rocky jamboa

Strange one. I would have thought we'd already have an idea of his wage demands before we started negotiating with Genoa. Unless he's moved the goalposts

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A mate of mine just text that to me. His lad is pals with Ross Callaghan & he says thats the gossip. Not fact. Gossip. 

Temps, Ali Crawford and Ross Callachan, just need Dougie Imrie now.:boak:

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Strange one. I would have thought we'd already have an idea of his wage demands before we started negotiating with Genoa. Unless he's moved the goalposts

He's ****ing about with our goalposts too?

:muggy:

17 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Neither will I. Was not bothered if he signed or not.

Was not a threat in the final 3rd enough for me.

6 Goals and 5 Assists in 26 games is not a threat....

Well **** me our replacement better be a superstar

6 minutes ago, RENE said:

The heading says we've pulled out of the deal then in story he goes on it looks to be dead.  What is it? Dead or looks. To be dead?

It's like a Monty Python sketch this !

Absolute Scenes
26 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Deal isn't dead.

What's the situation mate?

Did he reject our terms, or is it all just bull? 

I'm like a kid asking his parents why the sky is blue :sob:

SuperstarSteve

pretty confident Naismith, skinny and Mitchell are all gonna be wearing the famous next season, I did also think Cammy bell would've been signed as back up and oh how wrong was I ? Still, something telling me not to worry because these 3 will be finalised before the window shuts. 

31 minutes ago, Bauld said:

That explains ali Crawford coming in.

Not really. They’re 2 different type of players.

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

6 Goals and 5 Assists in 26 games is not a threat....

It's actually only 13 starts. Makes the stats even more impressive.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

Not really. They’re 2 different type of players.

Ye Crawford is an attacking midfielder. Still hope we get the Milinkovic deal done, he'd run riot in this league

Hackney Hearts

I'd hold back on the abuse until he actually signs for another club.

There's not a great deal of clarity here yet.

I still believe this will happen.

Not itk but why would we engage in protracted negotiations with Genoa if we hadn't already sounded David out salary wise? I reckon any problem will be some minor glitch regarding clauses in his contract rather than wages. How much would another club have to offer to trigger a selling clause for example?

If it doesn't happen the potential fee and salary should still be there to pursue someone else. Milinkovic is good but he isn't a unique talent. Plenty like him if we look in the right places.

Edited by martoon

6 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I'd hold back on the abuse until he actually signs for another club.

There's not a great deal of clarity here yet.

No.

As football fans we’re entitled to give him abuse only to backtrack furiously if/when the situation changes in our favour.

:)

AlphonseCapone
43 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Deal isn't dead.

Glad I got to here before I called him a social media obsessed whore who can **** off. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

People forget that football is a job not a hobby. If someone offered me three times my wages I’d dump my current employer in a flash. The same if I was looking for a new job, the highest wage wins. 

Whilst I agree with your post, he must have known what we could afford a while back, he has played us a little bit here.

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

No.

As football fans we’re entitled to give him abuse only to backtrack furiously if/when the situation changes in our favour.

:)

Oh, alright. But no death threats, okay? Or actual assassinations, because that makes backtracking harder.

Would happily take him back but not going to be heart broken if he doesn't join, touch of brellier syndrome for some folk on here where he's good but not half as good as some folk seem to think.

Ridiculing folk for pointing out that his decision making in the final 3rd could be better? Are folk actually saying that he didn't get into really good positions before playing a poor pass or missing the target? In his 26 appearances he was directly involved in 11 goals, 7 of those were in 3 games (Celtic 4-0, Aberdeen 2-0 and Hamilton 3-0) where as a team we played very well, that leaves 2 goals and 2 assists in the other 23 appearances with only one of the assists against a top 6 side (Killie).

Do I think that he would contribute? Yes and I actually quite like him but his signing will not make or break our season.

Back to 2005

Well he's certainly better than anyone else we have brought in over the summer. Surely better to pay for 1 quality player than 3 or 4 journeyman types.

With the deal dead for Milinkovic and if we can’t get Naismith.. I reckon Levein has got one hell of a job to find three match winning/game changing signings. I see a very flat squad at the moment with not a lot of creativity. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, E3OBE said:

With the deal dead for Milinkovic and if we can’t get Naismith.. I reckon Levein has got one hell of a job to find three match winning/game changing signings. I see a very flat squad at the moment with not a lot of creativity. 

Naismith didn't show any of that. Bring in Crawford I think that could be a great signing. No creativity too? Most of the signings have been attacking players

Perth to Paisley

Probably looking for Naismith or Lafferty level cash....rather we kept them than him to be honest.

We will not spend more than we can afford and that includes Naismith and Lafferty 

3 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

I assume you’ve seen all the new players playing then?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

I agree. Can't really blame Levein for them potentially not signing though.

9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Well he's certainly better than anyone else we have brought in over the summer. Surely better to pay for 1 quality player than 3 or 4 journeyman types.

You can't say that. Who knows how the new signings will play?

Jambof3tornado

Is it a case of we were all but done then interest from elsewhere has made skinny and his agent push for more?

I'd like him back but not at any price.

Dazajambo how can you be so sure the deal isnt dead?

Hope we still end up signing him but not if he costs a fortune. I love his attitude,He’s Good player and works very hard but is still very very raw. I’d rather we spent money on a proven centre midfield player who can dictate play week in week out. 

Hackney Hearts
21 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Ridiculing folk for pointing out that his decision making in the final 3rd could be better? Are folk actually saying that he didn't get into really good positions before playing a poor pass or missing the target?

Of course his decision making could be better, and yes he played some poor passes or sometimes missed the target. If he was a lot better at these things he'd be in the English Premier (although he'd probably still have people saying he's not perfect). For our league though, he was frequently an effective operator.

In his 26 appearances he was directly involved in 11 goals, 7 of those were in 3 games (Celtic 4-0, Aberdeen 2-0 and Hamilton 3-0) where as a team we played very well, that leaves 2 goals and 2 assists in the other 23 appearances with only one of the assists against a top 6 side (Killie).

14 starts, total of 24 appearances. For minutes played, his stats are pretty good. Not sensational, but pretty good. And stats don't tell the whole story - he had skill, but also an energy and attitude that clearly endeared him to a lot of fans.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

50 minutes ago, King prawn said:

He’s currently in cote d’azur- go sort him out @Morgan

Holding out for more holiday time 

And missing tough first preseason days

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Christ I am impressed. You must get around a bit watching all these players we have signed to reach that conclusion. 

On the other hand, you could be talking tripe. 

So which one is it ? 

Why do you need to talk to people like that? I don't know if you've previous with this poster or what, but the "atmosphere" on this forum is ruined by posts like this. Its rude, abrasive and utterly unnecessary. You're by no means the only one, but this one sums it up on here for me. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Holding out for more holiday time 

And missing tough first preseason days

He wants to be the marquis signing

3 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Why do you need to talk to people like that? I don't know if you've previous with this poster or what, but the "atmosphere" on this forum is ruined by posts like this. Its rude, abrasive and utterly unnecessary. You're by no means the only one, but this one sums it up on here for me. 

You’re a bit easily offended if that post really gets to you.