Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

15 hours ago, Spellczech said:

:cornette:  Has Mitch's account been hacked?

Where have you been ? Last season is over and we all have to get behind the team, management and Ann. 

Praise them when they do very well, let them get on with their jobs but when they, if it happens, mess up don't stay quiet say what you feel and where you think they've gone wrong. That's what this forum is all about with ideas and banter added.

Am i wrong Spellczech ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

jambo-rocker

I take those clickbait 'futbol insider' & HITC accounts information with a pinch of salt. Until I hear something from a bona fide news outlet, I won't be letting myself get carried away.

If it turns out to be true that a championship side is in for him, I wouldn't blame him in the slightest for considering their deal.

Terms would likely be significantly better than we could offer and exposure would be much greater. 

Hope he signs for us, but good luck to him if he doesn't. 

7 minutes ago, gjcc said:

If it turns out to be true that a championship side is in for him, I wouldn't blame him in the slightest for considering their deal.

Terms would likely be significantly better than we could offer and exposure would be much greater. 

Hope he signs for us, but good luck to him if he doesn't. 

I highly doubt there is any interest from anywhere else - looks like clickbait garbage.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Always a wee nip in the tail to any transfer story. The boy knows where his new home is

Stewart MacD
9 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think the point is, if there is serious interest from another club and its turning his head to the extent he is trying(through his agent) to up the ante, then he can take all the "I love Hearts, I hate Hibs, thank you Jambos' bullshit and shove it up his arse. He's good, potentially but not yet brilliant, so if its about using other supposed interest to screw us for more money that we think he is worth he can GTF.

Having said that I think he'll sign this week and be at training by Monday at the latest.

This. If it's the case , that's what Levein will tell them, nicely or otherwise.

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

How long did he spend negotiating with Genoa? Anyway, could be that Milinkovic now has other offers to consider ir use to try and up Hearts terms, such is football. 

Well I hope my logic is right anyway :lol: 

letsalldothebeattie

Seen a few things over twitter saying he’s rejected our offer. Taking it with a pinch of salt and still hopeful we can get a deal done

I'm actually surprised that Levein wants him back. Only played him at home games so unless he's changing his away tactics (zzzzz!) then I don't think he'll be back at Hearts anytime soon, no matter what the press say. Until he has the scarf over the heid then for me, he's in the past.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Where have you been ? Last season is over and we all have to get behind the team, management and Ann. 

Praise them when they do very well, let them get on with their jobs but when they, if it happens, mess up don't stay quiet say what you feel and where you think they've gone wrong. That's what this forum is all about with ideas and banter added.

Am i wrong Spellczech ?

well said. A new season and a clean slate. Just a pity a few others don't have the same view as you and continue their anti-Levein campaign

So Make Some Noise..

I honestly think he'll fall into the 'fizzle into nothingness' category should he decide against coming back to us. Some players are built for certain teams / fans and he know the love he'll get from the stands at Tynie if he switches it on and he craves it. Be hard pushed to walk into any other team (as a complete unknown) and be able to build that up again.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's been unusually quiet today on Instagram.

Make of that, what you will...

Might have his phone on Aeroplane Mode, on his way to Turnhouse.

18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'm actually surprised that Levein wants him back. Only played him at home games so unless he's changing his away tactics (zzzzz!) then I don't think he'll be back at Hearts anytime soon, no matter what the press say. Until he has the scarf over the heid then for me, he's in the past.

The sheer state of it.

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

I highly doubt there is any interest from anywhere else - looks like clickbait garbage.  

Youve got to imagine any serious interest from England would've killed our chances of agreeing a fee with Genoa

We are the ones who negotiated with Genoa. If a Championship side are interested i can see Genoa wanting more cash.  He isn't a free agent.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Am i wrong Spellczech ?

Not at all - I've just never seen a positive, supportive post from you...ever!

ford donald
5 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Levein will not take to kindly if the player and agent have moved the goalposts wages wise. If this is true. Levein will walk away very quickly from deal.

So would I, be a shame if he used Hearts to get a better offer elsewhere,would know very well about our wage structure ,previously.

rudi must stay
12 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

:greggy:

Not surprising. He must have been on huge wages at Genoa. This transfer may have a while to go (hope not though)

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's back on Instagram.

Guess where he's posting from...

A restaurant, back home.

Dick.

Home France or home Genoa?

Cruyff Turn

I heard we offered a shree year deal  and Dave rejected it because he wanted 5.

:robbo:

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Tynecastle Valhalla

Him alone signing will sell some season tickets 

imagine we got Mitchell and Naismith too ?

Maroon tinted glasses 2

It really depends what he is looking for, I wouldn't say Reading are a bigger club than Hearts but they would most likely be able to offer a better salary package.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Home France or home Genoa?

Or home Tynecastle?

Sorry had to get that in :curtain:

It should have been ten
12 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Could you imagine the seethe towards him if he decided to turn us down.

Yep

:seething:

Cruyff Turn
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If he doesn’t want to come we move on! Simple.

Yes, only after slaughtering the shit out of him though!

maroonlegions

Money talks in todays world of football , its 99% the deciding  factor with players and agents and i would imagine he and his agent are not immune to bigger and better offers. If he comes he comes ,if not then i thank him for publicly stating he hates the Hibs and  also his goals in the 4-0 humping of Smeltic. FTH.

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Could you imagine the seethe towards him if he decided to turn us down.

Was just thinking that if he comes back he will be universally loved but if he doesnt...well he can just suck on it!

21 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

Yugoslavia was an independent communist country under former partisan hero Josip Broz otherwise "Tito". They were loose allies of Russia but very much did their own thing. Same with Albania under Enver Hoxha.

Interesting character Tito.  Think he had some great ideas way ahead of his time.   Although a few dissenters probably got the early morning knock on the door.  Would like to read a true bio of him one day. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-pull-the-plug-on-david-milinkovic-deal-1-4757371

Hearts have pulled out of a deal for Genoa winger David Milinkovic due to the player's wage demands. The Edinburgh side reached agreement with Milinkovic's parent club in Italy and were hopeful of negotiating personal terms quickly. However, the 24-year-old is looking for a salary well beyond Hearts' financial capabilities and the deal now looks to be dead. Contract talks took place throughout yesterday and this morning before Tynecastle officials pulled the plug this afternoon. Chances of the deal being resurrected appear unlikely at this stage as Hearts are now ready to turn their attentions elsewhere. Milinkovic is attracting interest from clubs in England, France and Italy after a productive loan period at Tynecastle Park last season. He had been keen to return but not on the terms Hearts could offer.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-pull-the-plug-on-david-milinkovic-deal-1-4757371

:jjockio:

Edited by sandyk

Captain America

Surely he knew the kind of ballpark of figures we could offer or has the head been turned by English teams?

August Landmesser

I'd better clean meself up and get on with my life then...

Ah well. We move on...

NEXT!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, sandyk said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-pull-the-plug-on-david-milinkovic-deal-1-4757371

Hearts have pulled out of a deal for Genoa winger David Milinkovic due to the player's wage demands. The Edinburgh side reached agreement with Milinkovic's parent club in Italy and were hopeful of negotiating personal terms quickly. However, the 24-year-old is looking for a salary well beyond Hearts' financial capabilities and the deal now looks to be dead. Contract talks took place throughout yesterday and this morning before Tynecastle officials pulled the plug this afternoon. Chances of the deal being resurrected appear unlikely at this stage as Hearts are now ready to turn their attentions elsewhere. Milinkovic is attracting interest from clubs in England, France and Italy after a productive loan period at Tynecastle Park last season. He had been keen to return but not on the terms Hearts could offer.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-pull-the-plug-on-david-milinkovic-deal-1-4757371

:jjockio:

Oh well. We tried. I'm absolutely gutted about this.

:sob:

The Club have done the right thing here. 

It's a strong message that we will not be messed around with negotiations. 

Clearly, a lot of time has gone into this, only for DM to scupper it. 

Hoping we can pick up someone else who takes this opportunity. 

Surely he knew what kind off wages were on offer. Stinks off moving the goalposts. Wee prick, dead to me ?

People forget that football is a job not a hobby. If someone offered me three times my wages I’d dump my current employer in a flash. The same if I was looking for a new job, the highest wage wins.