Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

portobellojambo1

Sales are what they are, I thought they might be down a little on last season and it appears that has been the case. That, in itself doesn't necessarily mean the overall attendances at Tynecastle will be down, but it does to an extent mean that how the team perform will have an impact, as the people who are needed to make up the difference have decided that purchasing a ST from the off wasn't for them. In a roundabout way our two starting fixtures are fairly good for setting the potential for the coming season numbers wise. If we can go to Hamilton on Saturday and not only those there but those tracking the result from elsewhere are pleased with the performance shown it is a good starting point. Coming back to Tynecastle and producing something against Celtic could well mean people will roll up on a pay as you go basis if we can also get past Dunfermline in the League Cup and produce again at Rugby Park. In September we have 4 fixtures which all look very winnable, and three of those are at home versus St Mirren, Livingston and St Johnstone. A good August could produce very decent crowds in those three home games, and good performances could have a further roll on effect.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

It's really very simple. Ignore the Murrayfeild fixtures and reduce Hibs equivalent ones from their total. They were that far ahead on average that it makes no difference. If someone wants to do their homework I reckon they averaged about 500 more than us.

Surely the one and only statistic that counts is how many fans watched each clubs home games as an average . 

Your formula seems a bit convoluted , no offence intended . 

Enzo Chiefo
57 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Ah, ok my mistake. Meh, oh well. As other folk have said - increased prices and no Murrayfield rent should mean wwere making about the same money as last year anyway.

Yes, the Murrayfield rent would be quite high i would think and with the price increases, i agree that we won't lose out finacially. If we play like we did on Saturday then walk ups will be up too.

MacDonald Jardine
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Surely the one and only statistic that counts is how many fans watched each clubs home games as an average . 

Your formula seems a bit convoluted , no offence intended . 

No it isn't because had Hibs played Rangers at Murrayfield they also would have had a crowd that exceeds the capacity of their ground. 

Including the Murrayfield attendances means you're not comparing like with like.

Clerry Jambo

Hibs have been on an upwards spiral since their cup win, went to the 2nd last game of the season playing for 2nd.

We have been generally awful since Robbie left, scraping into the top 6 with nothing to play for.

They had a bigger average attendance than us for a very long time - are people really surprised.

Seasons were always going to dip, however a decent start similar to what PJ described above, numbers will be made up quite easily

The big difference with the Hobos is when do badly like last year our attendances fall by about 2000 max. But when the Hobbits do badly, which is the norm, attendances fall by about 10,000. The ragged ersed Hibs support  are still full of it with all sorts of schemes to dodge paying their way. . The real measure is income from games. Hearts make much more that way

25 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs have been on an upwards spiral since their cup win, went to the 2nd last game of the season playing for 2nd.

We have been generally awful since Robbie left, scraping into the top 6 with nothing to play for.

They had a bigger average attendance than us for a very long time - are people really surprised.

Seasons were always going to dip, however a decent start similar to what PJ described above, numbers will be made up quite easily

Are you saying Hibs have had a bigger average attendance than us for a long time? Think you mean they haven't. No? 

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Are you saying Hibs have had a bigger average attendance than us for a long time? Think you mean they haven't. No? 

Clerical error from Clerry ☺

49 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

No it isn't because had Hibs played Rangers at Murrayfield they also would have had a crowd that exceeds the capacity of their ground. 

Including the Murrayfield attendances means you're not comparing like with like.

And if they had played Killie or Saints at  Murrayfield their attendances wouid have been less . Fact is the  amount of fans attending any  Hearts home  game last year devided by the amount of home games gives our average home attendance. That's it in a nutshell. We were watched by more fans at home than the wee team last year again, marvellous stuff ??

JamboGraham
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Ah, ok my mistake. Meh, oh well. As other folk have said - increased prices and no Murrayfield rent should mean wwere making about the same money as last year anyway.

We passed the financial threshold a while back...we have already made more than last year in season ticket sales...I would love to do some work on the sales data though...it would be fascinating to see where the reductions are; highest cost increase main standers?; flat across all groups, etc.? I hope that the club follow up on the lapsed holders or at least use the data to help devise future sales strategies. I am sure they will be on that already..

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Sales reached 13,500 by 27 July last year, so 800 down is about right if the club is comparing like for like.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6086

I agree this is the most reliable/realistic like for like that we have...

So Enzo was right after all we are significantly down on last season.?

Still a good start to the season and we can catch up with half season tickets. ?

I think the price hikes have probably put a few off. The old main stand punters have actually had two price increases to contend with so it's not really surprising sales are down however the revenue will no doubt have increased.

I understand why some folk haven't renewed and they are entitled to do as they please. I just can't wait to get back to me seat in the Wheatfield and start giving linos dogs abuse again. Hopefully the football will be as decent as it was on Sunday. If it is I think a few folk are gonna find it harder to walk up than they think

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Still a good start to the season and we can catch up with half season tickets. ?

I think the price hikes have probably put a few off. The old main stand punters have actually had two price increases to contend with so it's not really surprising sales are down however the revenue will no doubt have increased.

Wasn't he giving it the 10-15% chat? 800 is just under 6% with more to be sold tomorrow.

I see Hearts have amended the U13 policy following feedback from fans, fair play.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6845

JamboGraham
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I don’t think he was...the predications made by Enzo were of the double digit percentage variety. At the moment we are just under 6%. As with most debates on JKB as a group we bounce off the extremes and the actual answer is usually to be found somewhere in the middle...

Clerry Jambo
41 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Sorry mate bit of a typo!! Self ban now on place

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Wasn't he giving it the 10-15% chat? 800 is just under 6% with more to be sold tomorrow.

I see Hearts have amended the U13 policy following feedback from fans, fair play.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6845

Didn't he originally say we'd be lucky to get 11k before changing tack once that became patently ridiculous?

Just now, Smithee said:

Didn't he originally say we'd be lucky to get 11k before changing tack once that became patently ridiculous?

Who knows. I got to the point of scrolling past his posts before eventually utilising the good old ignore function.

MacDonald Jardine
21 minutes ago, ramrod said:

And if they had played Killie or Saints at  Murrayfield their attendances wouid have been less . Fact is the  amount of fans attending any  Hearts home  game last year devided by the amount of home games gives our average home attendance. That's it in a nutshell. We were watched by more fans at home than the wee team last year again, marvellous stuff ??

Aye okay. 

You have no way of knowing that. 

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I don’t think he was...the predications made by Enzo were of the double digit percentage variety. At the moment we are just under 6%. As with most debates on JKB as a group we bounce off the extremes and the actual answer is usually to be found somewhere in the middle...

Yes, i did predict 10 - 15% drop. 6% seems to be the like for like decrease which is obviously a lot lower than i thought. Still a significant drop but it can easily be offset by walk ups if we can turn out performances like the one yesterday. As you say, the answer can usually be found somewhere in the middle of the more radical opinions.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, i did predict 10 - 15% drop. 6% seems to be the like for like decrease which is obviously a lot lower than i thought. Still a significant drop but it can easily be offset by walk ups if we can turn out performances like the one yesterday. As you say, the answer can usually be found somewhere in the middle of the more radical opinions.

As we're judging accuracy of predictions now, it was you who said we'd be lucky to get 11k wasn't it?

Edited by Smithee

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Those stats will include our Murrayfeild games. Not a fair comparison.

If you look at just Tynecastle v ER it's a different story. Even if you take away an Aberdeen/Rangers match from Hibs.

Take away the free tickets handed out but unused as well? 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

As we're judging accuracy of predictions now, it was you who said we'd be lucky to get 11k wasn't it?

Yes it was me. I think it was during the renewal phase iirc. The club then announced over 10k sold and that was the last announcement until today i think. I revised my prediction to a drop of 10 -15% ...economists seem to get away with revising their forecasts so..:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

My old neighbour bought a ST at ER for herself and her 9yo daughter. First time ever. I asked how often will they go and she said probably just the derbies.

Crazy that 2 STs will go unused each week.

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How many free tickets do Hibs actually give out at their games? 

Also, we include non attending ST's in our figures as well.

People are really taking Hibs having more fans last year to heart.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes it was me. I think it was during the renewal phase iirc. The club then announced over 10k sold and that was the last announcement until today i think. I revised my prediction to a drop of 10 -15% ...economists seem to get away with revising their forecasts so..:thumbsup:

Fair enough, I just don't think you can really expect credit for accuracy when your original prediction was so far out you abandoned it altogether and acted like it didn't happen. 

If I'd gone "10k. No, 11k. No, 12,500" could I really go "yay I was most accurate"?

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Smithee said:

Fair enough, I just don't think you can really expect credit for accuracy when your original prediction was so far out you abandoned it altogether and acted like it didn't happen. 

If I'd gone "10k. No, 11k. No, 12,500" could I really go "yay I was most accurate"?

To be fair  Smithee, where i have claimed credit for accuracy??  Another poster mentioned me and i confirmed what i had predicted. It"s a significant drop still but obviously a 6% decrease and 12.7k sales are well out from my forecasts . I'm happy to admit that.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

To be fair  Smithee, where i have claimed credit for accuracy??  Another poster mentioned me and i confirmed what i had predicted. It"s a significant drop still but obviously a 6% decrease and 12.7k sales are well out from my forecasts . I'm happy to admit that.

You've been claiming the numbers backed you up for quite some time.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You've been claiming the numbers backed you up for quite some time.

Only in response to the "move along, nothing to see here" type posters who refused to acknowledge that there was any decrease at all. Those who were predicting 13.5k - 14k were equally inaccurate.  As JamboGraham mentioned above, more often than not on this board, the true position can be found between more extreme viewpoints. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 3/21/2018 at 09:50, Ministry of Football said:

Very disappointing ticket pricing.

I can see no reason whatsoever, for the club to try and justify an increase in season ticket prices of roughly twice the rate of inflation. CPI is currently running at 2.7%. There also does not appear to be any early bird discount this year, so there will not be any rush to buy tickets, that's for sure.

I'm sorry for being negative here but this is going to backfire big time:

It is all take, take, take with Hearts at the moment, yet the product on the park is absolutely dreadful. I'm going to have to think about cutting my FOH payment as my general outlay towards Hearts is just ridiculous. 

On the season ticket literature it states stuff like being proud of the youth system. I'm sorry but I follow Hearts to try and see us win something. It could be argued that playing kids before they are ready is partially responsible for the dreadful season we have had. Budge seems out of touch with reality and more interested in Big Hearts or other non-football activities.

I have tried my best to support Craig Levein but you know what, the following comments from the season ticket bumf have tipped me the other way:

"Our aim is to build a squad that is capable of challenging at the top end of the Premiership and into the latter stages of cup competitions"

Sorry Craig. Whether you like it or not we wish to see Hearts win trophies, not just compete or get to the latter stages. What an absolute loser.      

We can kiss goodbye to positive supporter momentum and the highest average attendances in about 40 years. If we break 11,000 season tickets this time it will be an absolute miracle.

Image result for praise him gif funny

Praise him.

been here before

So rather than wade through 120 pages where does the 12700 announced this efty compare with last seasons number?

11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

How many free tickets do Hibs actually give out at their games? 

Also, we include non attending ST's in our figures as well.

People are really taking Hibs having more fans last year to heart.

I think all the clubs do this as well.

It was clear at both ER and Tynecastle that a lot of ST holders were missing some of the more run of the mill games.

Hibs were returning attendances of 17k which was no where near the actual attendance and we were doing similar although maybe not as obvious.

I dont see the problem with declaring the attendance on the basis of seats sold after all if a seat is sold it is sold.

Perhaps we should be happy that a total of 26k people are committed to attending football in Edinburgh with many more attending on a walk up basis.

An Edinburgh United team could achieve EPL standard attendances based on these figures. 

Maybe old Wallace had a point after all.:whistling:

scott herbertson
27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But its its not even that - since the announcement we will sell more, so probably 5 or even 4 percent difference.

Unknown user

Only in response to the "move along, nothing to see here" type posters who refused to acknowledge that there was any decrease at all. Those who were predicting 13.5k - 14k were equally inaccurate.  As JamboGraham mentioned above, more often than not on this board, the true position can be found between more extreme viewpoints. 

You've gone from 'where i have claimed credit for accuracy??' (two question marks of incredulity mind!) to acknowledging it happened 'in response to the "move along, nothing to see here" type posters who refused to acknowledge that there was any decrease at all'

To the poster who said you were right, I'd say you were also very wrong. But we don't talk about that one ;) 

At the end of the day though you were wildly pessimistic at the end of the season and have slowly drifted upwards, maybe without even realising it. You believed that 11k remark when you made it and you believed Levein could only bring negative, dull football which was squeezing the life out of Hearts fans.

Take a step back, see the light!

I wonder if the club have counted Hospitality ,Disabled etc in their total.

Its odd that their figure is just under the dot count figure when last year their official figure was above the dot count figure. 

If they get over 14k sold (must be close) I think they will restrict Sevco and Celtic to half the away end. the derbies shouldn't be affected tho.

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You've gone from 'where i have claimed credit for accuracy??' (two question marks of incredulity mind!) to acknowledging it happened 'in response to the "move along, nothing to see here" type posters who refused to acknowledge that there was any decrease at all'

To the poster who said you were right, I'd say you were also very wrong. But we don't talk about that one ;) 

At the end of the day though you were wildly pessimistic at the end of the season and have slowly drifted upwards, maybe without even realising it. You believed that 11k remark when you made it and you believed Levein could only bring negative, dull football which was squeezing the life out of Hearts fans.

Take a step back, see the light!

I'll reserve judgment on the style of play , until we've played better teams thanks. I've already taken a step back by not buying a ST. I'm not commenting on my predictions again, i've explained them quite clearly to you. Perhaps you should divert your attention to those who tbought we would sell the same number as last season or perhaps surpass 14K. Wildly optimistic eh?? Football is all about opinions ..deal with it.

Enzo Chiefo
17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

But its its not even that - since the announcement we will sell more, so probably 5 or even 4 percent difference.

I don't know how many we will sell tomorrow Scott. The announcement was made today and sales stop tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I wonder if the club have counted Hospitality ,Disabled etc in their total.

Its odd that their figure is just under the dot count figure when last year their official figure was above the dot count figure. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they've deliberately held off announcing some of these figures so that they can have a big announcement tomorrow and make it look like the last day was swamped with sales.

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If they get over 14k sold (must be close) I think they will restrict Sevco and Celtic to half the away end. the derbies shouldn't be affected tho.

It's 12.7k just now so not that close to 14k. We sold 14k eventually last year and the OF had the whole end. It will depend on walk ups which will be down to how we are playing. 

12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Who ?

Hibs or Hearts ?

jacklivi1874

13k sales  seems decent numbers to me, why such negativity from a few on here ??

Most crowds at Tynecastle when the season KO will be excellent ,all good  me thinks 

It's 12.7k just now so not that close to 14k. We sold 14k eventually last year and the OF had the whole end. It will depend on walk ups which will be down to how we are playing. 

I thought we'd sold 12.7? I had a gander at their availability and I'm guessing close to 14k. Could be wrong on that of course. 

3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Sales are what they are, I thought they might be down a little on last season and it appears that has been the case. That, in itself doesn't necessarily mean the overall attendances at Tynecastle will be down, but it does to an extent mean that how the team perform will have an impact, as the people who are needed to make up the difference have decided that purchasing a ST from the off wasn't for them. In a roundabout way our two starting fixtures are fairly good for setting the potential for the coming season numbers wise. If we can go to Hamilton on Saturday and not only those there but those tracking the result from elsewhere are pleased with the performance shown it is a good starting point. Coming back to Tynecastle and producing something against Celtic could well mean people will roll up on a pay as you go basis if we can also get past Dunfermline in the League Cup and produce again at Rugby Park. In September we have 4 fixtures which all look very winnable, and three of those are at home versus St Mirren, Livingston and St Johnstone. A good August could produce very decent crowds in those three home games, and good performances could have a further roll on effect.

Agree entirely with this.  I think a decent win AWAY at Hamilton will do wonders.  Celtic, even at Tynecastle, is almost always a case of hope rather than expectation.  Take what we can from Celtic and then beat Dunfermline and it's a good start.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

It's really very simple. Ignore the Murrayfeild fixtures and reduce Hibs equivalent ones from their total. They were that far ahead on average that it makes no difference. If someone wants to do their homework I reckon they averaged about 500 more than us.

It is indeed really very simple. We had bigger attendances than hibs last season, and we will do again this season! 

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'll reserve judgment on the style of play , until we've played better teams thanks. I've already taken a step back by not buying a ST. I'm not commenting on my predictions again, i've explained them quite clearly to you. Perhaps you should divert your attention to those who tbought we would sell the same number as last season or perhaps surpass 14K. Wildly optimistic eh?? Football is all about opinions ..deal with it.

I absolutely am dealing with it, my jimmies are completely unrustled. 

Those who predicted higher sales were wrong too, but optimists aren't a huge drag to have around so I have no quarrel with them. They haven't been trying to bring everyone down all summer, good on them!

FarmerTweedy
44 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Image result for praise him gif funny

Praise him.

I'll only praise him if he actually bought a season ticket.