Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Firstly, full credit to you for all your dot counting efforts during the summer. With all due respect though, using the 13.5k figure is not a fair comparison. We had 6 weeks until our first home game at that point. Comparison with ABs " close to 14k" announcement on the eve of the new season would be more accurate.  I reckon we have sold between 13k and 13.1k which equates to a drop of 6.5% or so. That does indeed represent an outstanding effort from the fans but the club will still be privately disappointed .

Thank you Enzo.

My note above is a fair comparison, of course it is.. However, another fair comparison could be 'like for like' in terms of the first home game, along the lines that you suggest. That is different to the comparison you are giving though. We still have a week until the first home game, and if you look back at last year, our last count before our first game at Murrayfield was 8th September with a kickback count of 13.488. We expected the club to have added around 250 or so to our kickback count for hospitality and the like, so our actual total was probably around 13,738.  You think we've only sold 13,00-13,100 with a week to go until our first home game, so even assuming that modest total is right, and add zero sales during this next week, we're then between 4 and 5% lower.  

Off to Hamilton now.

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I think you are safe to estimate current sales between 13k and 13.1k. However, I can’t find the reference to your eve of the new season quote. The club statement on the 27th July confirmed that we were less than 500 off the main target of 14k. So between 13.5k and 13.6k at an estimate. Remember everything is based on estimates based on general information issued by the club. Always problematic to state that any figures are ‘fact’ in this area.

As to the club being disappointed, possibly but I suspect the disappointment will be felt more by the supporters. The club have increased season ticket revenues and given Ann’s statement yesterday it appears that meeting or exceeding budget is her marker of success rather than units sold.

I am disappointed as it brings an end to a fantastic run of growth in season ticket sales. On the other hand it creates an opportunity and it is good to see the club looking at new ways of developing sales such as the new packages, etc.

Thats a fair assessment Graham.  No, i cant find the exact quote from AB either. There are press articles in the week leading up to the Aberdeen game at Murrayfield that refer to 14k ST holders but the first reference from AB to the prize draw is not mentioned. 

I agree that we won't lose out financially and hopefully a change in mindset from the manager will deliver improved performances and a subsequent increase in "walk ups".

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Thank you Enzo.

My note above is a fair comparison, of course it is.. However, another fair comparison could be 'like for like' in terms of the first home game, along the lines that you suggest. That is different to the comparison you are giving though. We still have a week until the first home game, and if you look back at last year, our last count before our first game at Murrayfield was 8th September with a kickback count of 13.488. We expected the club to have added around 250 or so to our kickback count for hospitality and the like, so our actual total was probably around 13,738.  You think we've only sold 13,00-13,100 with a week to go until our first home game, so even assuming that modest total is right, and add zero sales during this next week, we're then between 4 and 5% lower.  

Off to Hamilton now.

Fair enough Jalbo. Enjoy the game and hopefully we get the 3 points

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

So basically Enzo and a few hundred people haven’t renewed. 

And is gutted that he couldn't persuade others not to renew. I  hope he enjoys listening to sportsound this season.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Fair enough Jalbo. Enjoy the game and hopefully we get the 3 points

I'll take any win by at least 3 goals. :)

45 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Anyone know when the tickets for the Celtic game go on sale...?

Can't see them on the website....only Hamilton game.

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And is gutted that he couldn't persuade others not to renew. I  hope he enjoys listening to sportsound this season.

To be fair, not renewing doesn’t mean not going. 

MacDonald Jardine
24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Thats a fair assessment Graham.  No, i cant find the exact quote from AB either. There are press articles in the week leading up to the Aberdeen game at Murrayfield that refer to 14k ST holders but the first reference from AB to the prize draw is not mentioned. 

I agree that we won't lose out financially and hopefully a change in mindset from the manager will deliver improved performances and a subsequent increase in "walk ups".

The first home game wasn't until October though.

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, not renewing doesn’t mean not going. 

True but it also means you run the risk of not going if we sell out every week. Anyway, off to Hamilton and hopefully the start of a great season. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

True but it also means you run the risk of not going if we sell out every week. Anyway, off to Hamilton and hopefully the start of a great season. 

See youu ( and Enzo? ? ) there. Just got off a train at Waverley and getting one to Motherwell next. ?

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

A gross underestimate and overly pessimistic. 80%

What about half-posts?

Disappointed the final season ticket sales are lower than last season but

a very good effort by all considering the poor season we had

It shows the importance of having a successful season an example 

being Aberdeen and hibs then the sales will increase 

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

The first home game wasn't until October though.

9th Sept v Aberdeen at  Murrayfield

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

See youu ( and Enzo? ? ) there. Just got off a train at Waverley and getting one to Motherwell next. ?

Sportsound for me today Dave. Enjoy the game. :thumbsup:

Tynecastlesmychurch
3 hours ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

I’ve phoned them this morning. It’s the ticket office number then option 1 and option 8. Spoke to them saying I’d had my zebra confirmation and the money was being taken out my account but nothing through the door from the club. 

She checked it up and all good. If you keep the same seat and had an adult season ticket before, you will use the same ticket. Strange as I’ve had several renewals on the same seat and always had a new ticket in the past. 

Cheers budy! 

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I changed seats so needed a new card and it arrived in less than a week. 

Still haven’t got mine

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Still haven’t got mine

If it hasn't arrived by Monday let them know in the ticket office. I can't remember if it came first class with me as I threw away the envelope. Good luck anyway.

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If it hasn't arrived by Monday let them know in the ticket office. I can't remember if it came first class with me as I threw away the envelope. Good luck anyway.

See from another poster if you just renewed your old seat, which I did  you use yer old ticket. I’ll check this week

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Jamhammer said:

See from another poster if you just renewed your old seat, which I did  you use yer old ticket. I’ll check this week

That has been the case for a while as I used the same card for a few seasons.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The first mention of breaking 14,000 ST’s and the prize draw was 29 November. 

Back to the the drawing board for you Enzo:laugh:

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

No it wasnt. It was mentioned before the start of the season and then nothing more until November.  

10 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Correct.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6173

Tickets went on sale 9th November and it wasn't in place then so some time in between those dates would have been when it was first mentioned.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6317

Edit: First mentioned in September.

Edited by graygo

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No it wasnt. It was mentioned before the start of the season and then nothing more until November.  

It was launched in September.

To celebrate the success of the Target14 campaign, the Club is delighted to announce the prize draw winners.

The Club launched the Target14 campaign in September, reaching the 14000 season ticket goal in November. As promised this fantastic milestone sparked the Target14 prize draw.

All season ticket holders were entered into the prize draw, with a chance to win one of fourteen prizes, the Club is delighted to announce the following winners;

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, graygo said:

It was launched in September.

To celebrate the success of the Target14 campaign, the Club is delighted to announce the prize draw winners.

The Club launched the Target14 campaign in September, reaching the 14000 season ticket goal in November. As promised this fantastic milestone sparked the Target14 prize draw.

All season ticket holders were entered into the prize draw, with a chance to win one of fourteen prizes, the Club is delighted to announce the following winners;

Thanks for that Graygo. 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The date it was achieved is what counts surely?

Maybe not in your world though. 

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

The date it was achieved is what counts surely?

Maybe not in your world though. 

It was launched when we were very close to 14k. I realise we didnt achieve it until November but we had about 13.9k before the first home game. Thats the figure we should be comparing this seasons sales with.

32 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That has been the case for a while as I used the same card for a few seasons.

I got a new one last year I think. Been the same seat since Championship season. 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was launched when we were very close to 14k. 

Really? Not sure what the point of doing it was then. Surely the idea would have been to shift a significant number of extra STs - like 300+.  

Bit pointless if we were already on 13,975 or something.

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Really? Not sure what the point of doing it was then. Surely the idea would have been to shift a significant number of extra STs - like 300+.  

Bit pointless if we were already on 13,975 or something.

I agree but iirc someone mentioned before that we had sold about 100 half STs last year. I am estimating 13.9k but i dont have an exactly figure

Adam_the_legend
15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was launched when we were very close to 14k. I realise we didnt achieve it until November but we had about 13.9k before the first home game. Thats the figure we should be comparing this seasons sales with.

Nice, just making stuff up again. Any links to us being on 13.9k??? No didn’t think so

Edited by Adam_the_legend

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Nice, just making stuff up again. Any links to us being on 13.9k??? No didn’t think so

No, no links as i've already stated. There is an EEN article though on 6 Sept before our first home game, it mentions us "migrating 14k ST holders to Murrayfield ". Hope that helps.

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, no links as i've already stated. There is an EEN article though on 6 Sept before our first home game, it mentions us "migrating 14k ST holders to Murrayfield ". Hope that helps.

6 sept?? It’s the 4 August. As a few people have commented, hearts confirmed 13,500 end of July last year so year on year we are, at most, 500 down. Add to that the commercial reality that 13k ST this year is worth a decent bit more £££ than 13.5k last year and I’d say we’re doing fine.  

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

6 sept?? It’s the 4 August. As a few people have commented, hearts confirmed 13,500 end of July last year so year on year we are, at most, 500 down. Add to that the commercial reality that 13k ST this year is worth a decent bit more £££ than 13.5k last year and I’d say we’re doing fine.  

6 Sept LAST year. We had sold nearly 14k STs by the time of our first home game. Ive already confirmed that was the figure we should be comparing with, not the figure from 6 weeks earlier.

Adam_the_legend
16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

6 Sept LAST year. We had sold nearly 14k STs by the time of our first home game. Ive already confirmed that was the figure we should be comparing with, not the figure from 6 weeks earlier.

I know your argument, my point was it’s completely nonsensical. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
47 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I got a new one last year I think. Been the same seat since Championship season. 

Thinking back I might have got a new one as well. I still remember having Pressley on season ticket wallet at that time long after he left. 

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I know your argument, my point was it’s completely nonsensical. 

Comparing like for like figures is nonsensical? Really? Sorry if the facts don't fit with your agenda.

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Comparing like for like figures is nonsensical? Really? Sorry if the facts don't fit with your agenda.

Like for like?? We must have very different definitions of what that means. On one of us has an agenda here, and it ain’t me. 

MacDonald Jardine
55 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I accept They're down on last year, but comparing figures from a month later last season makes no sense. 

MacDonald Jardine
23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They're not though are they?

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I accept They're down on last year, but comparing figures from a month later last season makes no sense. 

Eh? What difference does the actual date make? You are using a figure from 27 July 2017, after sales started in May,  and comparing it to this year's figure when sales started back in March. Surely the true comparison is the end of sales period...September last year and 31 July this year. You can't compare a figure 6 weeks away from the first home game with this year's final total. So, yes, my figures are "like for like "

Think me might sell even more before the Celtic game via the ticket office taking us even closer to last years total . Enzo is gong to self combust ?

Season ticket sales down on last year

First home game of the season will be a sellout 

It doesn’t really matter a **** does it?

6 hours ago, heisenberg86 said:

Is anyone still waitin in their season ticket arriving? Ma mates have theirs but mines hasn’t arrived yet ?

I was in main stand last season and moved to Georgie stand for this season. Got my ticket and my sons a day after I moved. Ticket office sent it 1st class I'm sure. You should give the ticket office a call. 

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We had not sold 13,900 STs before the season started. That’s an out and out lie.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Think from memory we had sold 13,700 by the end of Aug.

Reaching 14,000 by the Killie game in Nov.

13,700 announced just before our first league match