Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

4 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Oooooffttt!

How about an hour in Primark?

Mmmm......a very kind offer, but I'll let Footballfirst 'enjoy'  that.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We’ve got to be missing a trick by taking the sales offline, no? I mean if people are still desperate they’ll most likely go to the ticket office but there’s no chance of any ‘just home from the pub with all the mates who have ST and feel left out, so buy online and worry about telling the wife the following day’ type purchases. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Toggie88 said:

We’ve got to be missing a trick by taking the sales offline, no? I mean if people are still desperate they’ll most likely go to the ticket office but there’s no chance of any ‘just home from the pub with all the mates who have ST and feel left out, so buy online and worry about telling the wife the following day’ type purchases. 

Had enough time 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I don’t know if that’s the best attitude...

Surely people have had enough time to decide if they buying a season ticket ?

20 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Match tickets will be on sale tomorrow I believe. I’m sure if someone wanted  a ST they could pick up the phone and get one.  

18 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Match tickets will be on sale tomorrow I believe. I’m sure if someone wanted  a ST they could pick up the phone and get one.  

True but being realistic if you've not renewed by today tuff. How long do these moaning minnies want ?

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

It would be impossible to sell individual match tickets and still have season tickets on sale online. There's no way the online system would be able to deal with it. 

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

True but being realistic if you've not renewed by today tuff. How long do these moaning minnies want ?

Two 5-0s in a row might have shifted a few folk on the fence. Throw a win on Saturday and there’s a few more. 

3 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Two 5-0s in a row might have shifted a few folk on the fence. Throw a win on Saturday and there’s a few more. 

Like i said tuff on them.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I heard they were still selling STs yesterday. 

They'd have been daft not to, if anyone actually went into the shop looking to buy one, but with individual match tickets going on sale today for games all the way up to December, including for the derby, it's going to be basically impossible to keep selling them, as any given seat could have been sold for any of the individual games on sale.

It's also worth bearing in mind that someone buying individual tickets for each game would spend quite a bit more money than someone buying a season ticket. Obviously, ticket sales for a lot of games will largely depend on how well the team is doing once the league campaign is underway, but not selling any more season tickets at this stage might actually end up bringing a bit more money into the club!

Stuart McNeill

Yeah.. I'm unsure if I'm actually getting my season ticket or not.

I've had two confirmation emails from hearts and I've emailed them to make sure the application has been processed by zebra finance but I've had no return email from them on the matter. 

Will just need to wait and see if I get my season ticket in the post or a payment comes out the bank. 

1 hour ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I've had two confirmation emails from hearts and I've emailed them to make sure the application has been processed by zebra finance but I've had no return email from them on the matter. 

Will just need to wait and see if I get my season ticket in the post or a payment comes out the bank. 

Something similar happened to my brother. Not sure what the reason was but they made a bit o a balls up and they've had to give him paper tickets for the Celtic game, maybe worth chasing up.

6 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Can still contact the club to purchase a season ticket. 13,000 is fantastic. 

It was good that Ann Budge mentioned that in her excellent update, but it would be good too if the club could mention it on social media.

Just now, JALBO said:

It was good that Ann Budge mentioned that in her excellent update, but it would be good too if the club could mention it on social media.

Yep and even perhaps at the Celtic match for people who don’t do social media ?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
29 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Ann’s update is on social media.

Just now, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

Ann’s update is on social media.

Yes - I was meaning more of a specific tweet or post about season tickets.

On 01/08/2018 at 23:21, luckydug said:

I'm in the main stand and although the increase has been quite steep it's well worth it for the view.

I think the prices in the old stand were kept artificially low because of the poor facilities and view. 

I could never understand why just about all the action (or so it seemed) happened behind the pillar in front of me?.

:isee:

Based on what was said by some posters about not renewing after last seasons offering selling over 13k is a fantastic achievement. We don’t do walking away :HeartsManspotrun:

7 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Based on what was said by some posters about not renewing after last seasons offering selling over 13k is a fantastic achievement. We don’t do walking away :HeartsManspotrun:

Imagine the numbers we might get if we had a decent season!

On 02/08/2018 at 11:21, Nucky Thompson said:

It was on the news last night about how the population of Edinburgh and the Lothians is going to increase greatly in the next few years.

There is the potential to grow our support by another few thousand

I mentioned this when we were discussing the size of the new stand last year. 

Most people said we can’t fill the stadium at the moment so 25,000 would be too much etc, and it probably is for now, but in 10-15 years there will be many more houses in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas, with a higher density of population in the city centre. 

I’d like to see the club buying the community pitch behind the Wheatfield so that we have the option to replace it if need be in the future. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
17 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Im the exact same. Had my confirmation email from zebra but not heard anything from Hearts. Ive actually tried calling a number of times to find out if my ticket from last season is ok for this season. But for whatever reason I cant get through. Think I might just go to the ticket office on monday morning.

fabienleclerq
41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Am I able to buy a ST later in the year? 

Think they'll do half season tickets at some point plus Anne said speak to the ticket office if you want one so they'd try accommodate you.

michael_bolton
46 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Am I able to buy a ST later in the year? 

I doubt the club would knock back your cash. There'll be a way.

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Think they'll do half season tickets at some point plus Anne said speak to the ticket office if you want one so they'd try accommodate you.

1 minute ago, michael_bolton said:

I doubt the club would knock back your cash. There'll be a way.

Cheers. Half ST it is. Hopefully. 

gashauskis9

Slightly concerned that I bought 3 STs last Sunday, but my seats are showing as available on e-tickets for the Celtic game.  Should I be worried or is this a typical glitch?

Clerry Jambo
23 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Slightly concerned that I bought 3 STs last Sunday, but my seats are showing as available on e-tickets for the Celtic game.  Should I be worried or is this a typical glitch?

The former, get on the blower to Tynecastle

i wish jj was my dad

Has our Belgian doom and gloom merchant come out of his nuclear bunker yet? He will be devastated at these figures. 

Jaap's Sigh
6 hours ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Im the exact same. Had my confirmation email from zebra but not heard anything from Hearts. Ive actually tried calling a number of times to find out if my ticket from last season is ok for this season. But for whatever reason I cant get through. Think I might just go to the ticket office on monday morning.

I’ve phoned them this morning. It’s the ticket office number then option 1 and option 8. Spoke to them saying I’d had my zebra confirmation and the money was being taken out my account but nothing through the door from the club. 

She checked it up and all good. If you keep the same seat and had an adult season ticket before, you will use the same ticket. Strange as I’ve had several renewals on the same seat and always had a new ticket in the past. 

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Has our Belgian doom and gloom merchant come out of his nuclear bunker yet? He will be devastated at these figures. 

Yawn yawn yawn. I was holding court earlier in the week when it was agreed that the actual sales figures were in between my predictions on the pessimistic side and those on the overly optimistic side. Exactly one year ago  AB was giving us a final shove to get over the 14k barrier  - a prize draw and all that - and this year we"ve just broken the 13k barrier. Not as big a drop as i expected but nothing to celebrate. I'm sure the club won't be happy with a 6 or 7% drop so nor should you. 

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yawn yawn yawn. I was holding court earlier in the week when it was agreed that the actual sales figures were in between my predictions on the pessimistic side and those on the overly optimistic side. Exactly one year ago  AB was giving us a final shove to get over the 14k barrier  - a prize draw and all that - and this year we"ve just broken the 13k barrier. Not as big a drop as i expected but nothing to celebrate. I'm sure the club won't be happy with a 6 or 7% drop so nor should you. 

Hearts indicated over 13,500 sold at close of play on 27th July last year. We know it was close to that figure because the statement said we were now less than 500 from our target last season of 14,000  along with other factors mentioned. We didn't achieve 14,000 until much later - November or December if I recall.

Hearts have announced over 13,000 sold so far this season. We don't know how much more than 13,000 as Hearts haven't given any other details to help us work that out. Even if we took a "worst-case" scenario of 13,001 only sold against, say, 13,599 at the same period last year, that just over 4% down. At the other end of the spectrum, if it's nearer 13,200 sold so far this year as opposed to 13,501 at the same time last year,  that's just over 2% down.

Hearts are still accepting sales in person, and I'm sure will continue to do so. We may be down, but we're not down by much. Our fans have been simply outstanding in their backing of the club given the last two seasons. Outstanding. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Any idea when they're getting delivered?

I changed seats so needed a new card and it arrived in less than a week. 

36 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Still posting the same lies i see. As you well know, the 14k figure was reached after the sale of half season tickets so is totally irrelevant. Surely as a Hearts fan you should be glad your over the top pessimistic forecasts have been proved wrong. 

59 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Please don't encourage him. :bigyawn:

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Still posting the same lies i see. As you well know, the 14k figure was reached after the sale of half season tickets so is totally irrelevant. Surely as a Hearts fan you should be glad your over the top pessimistic forecasts have been proved wrong. 

Just before the start of last season, Ann Budge announced that we were very close to the 14k barrier and a prize draw would be held once it was broken.  I took that to read that we had sold 13900 +. The 13.5k figure that posters are keen to defer to was announced fully 6 weeks before our first home game. We were just under 14k at the start of the season. Perhaps,  before you accuse me of mendacity you should check the facts.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Hearts indicated over 13,500 sold at close of play on 27th July last year. We know it was close to that figure because the statement said we were now less than 500 from our target last season of 14,000  along with other factors mentioned. We didn't achieve 14,000 until much later - November or December if I recall.

Hearts have announced over 13,000 sold so far this season. We don't know how much more than 13,000 as Hearts haven't given any other details to help us work that out. Even if we took a "worst-case" scenario of 13,001 only sold against, say, 13,599 at the same period last year, that just over 4% down. At the other end of the spectrum, if it's nearer 13,200 sold so far this year as opposed to 13,501 at the same time last year,  that's just over 2% down.

Hearts are still accepting sales in person, and I'm sure will continue to do so. We may be down, but we're not down by much. Our fans have been simply outstanding in their backing of the club given the last two seasons. Outstanding. 

Firstly, full credit to you for all your dot counting efforts during the summer. With all due respect though, using the 13.5k figure is not a fair comparison. We had 6 weeks until our first home game at that point. Comparison with ABs " close to 14k" announcement on the eve of the new season would be more accurate.  I reckon we have sold between 13k and 13.1k which equates to a drop of 6.5% or so. That does indeed represent an outstanding effort from the fans but the club will still be privately disappointed .

andyscott82
5 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Enzo has just over 2k posts I wonder how many are on ST sales ...:laugh:

Around 10-15% possibly.... ?

chester copperpot
11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Anyone know when the tickets for the Celtic game go on sale...?

Yesterday

JamboGraham
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Firstly, full credit to you for all your dot counting efforts during the summer. With all due respect though, using the 13.5k figure is not a fair comparison. We had 6 weeks until our first home game at that point. Comparison with ABs " close to 14k" announcement on the eve of the new season would be more accurate.  I reckon we have sold between 13k and 13.1k which equates to a drop of 6.5% or so. That does indeed represent an outstanding effort from the fans but the club will still be privately disappointed .

I think you are safe to estimate current sales between 13k and 13.1k. However, I can’t find the reference to your eve of the new season quote. The club statement on the 27th July confirmed that we were less than 500 off the main target of 14k. So between 13.5k and 13.6k at an estimate. Remember everything is based on estimates based on general information issued by the club. Always problematic to state that any figures are ‘fact’ in this area.

As to the club being disappointed, possibly but I suspect the disappointment will be felt more by the supporters. The club have increased season ticket revenues and given Ann’s statement yesterday it appears that meeting or exceeding budget is her marker of success rather than units sold.

I am disappointed as it brings an end to a fantastic run of growth in season ticket sales. On the other hand it creates an opportunity and it is good to see the club looking at new ways of developing sales such as the new packages, etc.

Edited by JamboGraham