Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ate eight whats?

Steak Bakes?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We really do have an incredible group of fans. Excess of 13,000 sold after the on park performances of the last season and a half is really quite something.

Clerry Jambo
46 minutes ago, novoman said:

Thanks for all your efforts Jambo and FF, much appreciated.

sorry Clerry but you my son are no longer captain or vice captain of the dot counters,

Honorary Presidenti will do, cheers

But as said great work by Jalbo and FF, however a wee manual count maybe done in future by Clerry to keep his 8 fingers in good health!!!!!! :oohmatron:

12 minutes ago, JALBO said:

We should really thank Jalbo too..... :P 

Sorry Jalbo... damn that predictive text .. you are my new hero

9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. 

With hospitality season tickets just going on sale yesterday this must mean the 12,700 announced excludes hospitality and half-seasons. Anyone know how many hospitality and half season tickets we sold last season? I would think we are now looking at getting close to last years total if hospitality and half-seasons sell well. 

A quick look shows that the Heritage Lounge season tickets are sold out. No idea how many that holds though.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Going to be a few very disappointed that we sold over 13,000.

I suspect they will quietly exit this thread and wait for the first bad result to start another Levein out thread.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I suspect they will quietly exit this thread and wait for the first bad result to start another Levein out thread.

Correct I said 12500 at the end of last season and the usual suspects predicted 10000. great numbers as always 

I emailed the club and asked if I can pay for my two seats for season 19/20 if it would help them out as I had paid the extra for the 3 year price freeze. Anyway I’ve duly obliged and paid up till then. Taken the hit now. So that’s two for next seasons dot count when it comes! 

Onwards and upwards for us this year. I’ve a better feeling now than I did at this tile last year. 

HHGH

FTH

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

As always the hearts supporters have stepped up and showed just how loyal we are 

Big Uche has probably helped.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. Got off lightly I think as even I predicted a 5 to 10% drop.  Must do better this season though. ?

It's actually quite good when you factor in the price increase's in general and the discount from the old main stand last season. We have far more price-er seats than before.

Maybe someone can do the maths if they know the average %increase.

There is also not allot of seats together left, something we need to look at, might put groups off. Too many single seats dotted about, if put into rows or sections, might see an uptake.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

8 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Will season tickets be available at a later date or is that it done and dusted? 

Still available I think, but no discount for games already missed and your seat isn't guaranteed for games already on sale

Edited by kila

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Still available I think, but no discount for games already missed and your seat isn't guaranteed for games already on sale

Just wonder if a few fans who haven’t renewed would do if we beat Hamilton and picked something up against Celtic. Cat B ticket holders wouldn’t have missed a game.

25 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I emailed the club and asked if I can pay for my two seats for season 19/20 if it would help them out as I had paid the extra for the 3 year price freeze. Anyway I’ve duly obliged and paid up till then. Taken the hit now. So that’s two for next seasons dot count when it comes! 

Onwards and upwards for us this year. I’ve a better feeling now than I did at this tile last year. 

HHGH

FTH

First dot count for 2019-2020 at 9.30pm tonight.

Tickets sold: 2

Based on 15,934 available seats for season tickets, 15,932 remain available.

8 minutes ago, JALBO said:

First dot count for 2019-2020 at 9.30pm tonight.

Tickets sold: 2

Based on 15,934 available seats for season tickets, 15,932 remain available.

You’ve forgotten the corners will be filled in by then! 

JamboGraham
31 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It's actually quite good when you factor in the price increase's in general and the discount from the old main stand last season. We have far more price-er seats than before.

Maybe someone can do the maths if they know the average %increase.

There is also not allot of seats together left, something we need to look at, might put groups off. Too many single seats dotted about, if put into rows or sections, might see an uptake.

I did this a couple of months ago...not sure if this is exactly what you are after...

Our club were a little liberal with the “just over £1 extra per game” line in the season ticket brochure. In fact it is nearer £2 per game on average.  Many season tickets have increased by around 6%. What hasn’t been publicised is that the majority in the main stand are paying an additional 22% this time round. This is already on top of a 23% increase for the same group last year.

Edited by JamboGraham

Saint Jambo
34 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I agree that this is something that should be addressed. It is as problematic for walk-ups as it is for the season ticket stragglers. I know it would annoy fans but a caveat on sales that said you might be moved along in the same row/ section to bunch empty seats together. I guess the only (real) problem would be where fans sit with friends in the row infront or behind them. Not sure that is very common and I'm sure a work around would be possible for those few cases.

51 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

HHGH

FTH

Will you get money back if we get relegated?  ;) 

JamboGraham

Another nice little stat is that when we sold our 12,535th season ticket it equalled the income level equivalent to 13,700 tickets last year.

So the final few hundred tickets sold this year have all helped to increase the clubs season ticket income compared to last season. Despite some frustrations of no early bird pricing and price increases across the board the club appear to have got their sums just about right...

Hungry hippo
28 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I did this a couple of months ago...not sure if this is exactly what you are after...

Our club were a little liberal with the “just over £1 extra per game” line in the season ticket brochure. In fact it is nearer £2 per game on average.  Many season tickets have increased by around 6%. What hasn’t been publicised is that the majority in the main stand are paying an additional 22% this time round. This is already on top of a 23% increase for the same group last year.

Are people in the Main Stand going to complain about this every year? It was very generous of the club to introduce the staged increases.

There is no way they could ever have retained the refurbished stand as the cheapest in the stadium. Higher prices were inevitable and if anyone can't afford it (like myself) they will need to sit somewhere else.

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Are people in the Main Stand going to complain about this every year? It was very generous of the club to introduce the staged increases.

There is no way they could ever have retained the refurbished stand as the cheapest in the stadium. Higher prices were inevitable and if anyone can't afford it (like myself) they will need to sit somewhere else.

Personally, I don’t think a couple of quid extra a game is a big ask to be the first to take up your seat in the new stand.  You’re making history.

JamboGraham
25 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

No complaining in my post...another user asked for information on percentage increases. I reposted an earlier comment I made several weeks ago with some figures. The context of the main stand was in response to a number of suggestions (at that stage in the thread) that our management team were solely responsible for reduced sales...fun times...

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

Cheers. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Who's complaining? 

I'm in the main stand and although the increase has been quite steep it's well worth it for the view.

I think the prices in the old stand were kept artificially low because of the poor facilities and view. 

I could never understand why just about all the action (or so it seemed) happened behind the pillar in front of me?.

JamboGraham

30 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Personally, I don’t think a couple of quid extra a game is a big ask to be the first to take up your seat in the new stand.  You’re making history.

Of course but worth noting that the main standers increase is a fair bit more than a couple of quid per game and is due to go up again next season as well..

Hungry hippo
20 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

No complaining in my post...another user asked for information on percentage increases. I reposted an earlier comment I made several weeks ago with some figures. The context of the main stand was in response to a number of suggestions (at that stage in the thread) that our management team were solely responsible for reduced sales...fun times...

Sorry Graham. I had misread the post and thought you were unhappy that the club were apparently misleading the fans over pricing.

I will get back to watching the tennis.

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Was a shite attempt at humour mate. Apologies!

No problem. 

Just thought I was missing something. Sorry?

JamboGraham
11 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Sorry Graham. I had misread the post and thought you were unhappy that the club were apparently misleading the fans over pricing.

I will get back to watching the tennis.

No worries...enjoy the tennis...

Gorgie_Rules

So we are about 1,000 down on last year, roughly a 7% drop?

When you consider price increases, how poor we have been the last couple of seasons and the fact there is larger capacity (with no buzz around first season with new stand) thats not too bad, however still a little disappointing.

No doubt about it if we can have a successful season the potential is there for 14,000 plus

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

JamboGraham
10 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

When you consider price increases, how poor we have been the last couple of seasons and the fact there is larger capacity (with no buzz around first season with new stand) thats not too bad, however still a little disappointing.

No doubt about it if we can have a successful season the potential is there for 14,000 plus

Agree with your points but like for like it’s probably nearer 500 down for this sales period...

7 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

14k included half ST sales. 

So nowhere near 1000 down.

8 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Not quite. Last year, the club said we'd passed 13,500 on 27th July - so just a couple of days earlier than where we are now. Based on the clubs "12,700" or so announcement a few days ago, it looks like we've now sold at least 13,000, (and possibly more if our kickback count is closer to the mark) so we may be 500 or so down.

I'd be surprised if the club don't continue to sell season tickets to fans who visit the ticket office in person and it would be good if they announced that. Given the very high sales over the last 3 days, you'd expect there would be quite a few fans who would want to do so  They'll certainly continue to sell hospitality season passes.

Edited by JALBO

9 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I agree that this is something that should be addressed. It is as problematic for walk-ups as it is for the season ticket stragglers. I know it would annoy fans but a caveat on sales that said you might be moved along in the same row/ section to bunch empty seats together. I guess the only (real) problem would be where fans sit with friends in the row infront or behind them. Not sure that is very common and I'm sure a work around would be possible for those few cases.

They should do what cinemas do - if there is a group of 3 empty seats next to each other, it won't allow you to buy the seat in the middle if you are only buying 1 seat, or the middle 2 of 4 etc

Edited by Ray Gin

Gorgie_Rules
1 minute ago, JALBO said:

Not quite. Last year, the club said we'd passed 13,500 on 27th July - so just a couple of days earlier than where we are now. Based on the clubs "12,700" or so announcement a few days ago, it looks like we've now sold at least 13,000, (and possibly more if our kickback count is closer to the mark) so we may be 500 down.

I'd be surprised if the club don't continue to sell season tickets to fans who visit the ticket office in person and it would be good if they announced that. Given the very high sales over the last 3 days, you'd expect there would be quite a few fans who would want to do so   They'll certainly continue to sell hospitality season passes.

500ish down isn’t too bad.

Totally agree regarding the continuing to sell season tickets, particularly if they can be sold at reduce rates as games pass - I don’t believe this has been done in past or is even possible but with the larger capacity now, a good start to the season could see sales really pick up.

Brilliant thread. Massive thank you to all the dot counters.

Younger posters might not think 13,000+ tickets is that impressive and the more mature guys who attended in the 50s and early 60s can no doubt hark back to regular crowds of over 30,000 but for someone like me the idea of over 13,000 season tickets is just amazing. The club has come so far.

I don't think it will be long until there will be threads about how the stadium is to small. There are bumps along the way but we are going in the right direction.

16 hours ago, JALBO said:

Final Season Ticket Dot Count today at 4.58pm. 

Wheatfield   -      721

Roseburn     -    1141

Main             -      444

Gorgie          -      426

Total             -    2732

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, estimate 13,202 sold. (+81 from yesterday evening / + 40 from Ff's 1pm count).

Last year, the nearest dot count to 1st August that we did was on 2nd August, thanks to Footballfirst. At that stage, we had a kickback estimate of 13,345

We don't know yet what the club will come up with numbers-wise, but if all the dots that have disappeared over these last couple of days have indeed been sales, the club should be announcing over 13,000 sales.

If 13,202 turns out to be anywhere close to accurate, based on last year's apparent wheelchair, blind, PA and hospitality sales, we should be over 13,400 and possibly closer to 13,500. BUT the club's last statement seemed to suggest a figure several hundred behind this.

A great effort one-and-all considering the last two seasons. Looking forward to a great season ahead at Tynecastle.

Brilliant work again, JALBO.

Seeing as we need to wait for the club to confirm the official figure, we can only go on the highly accurate dot counters on here. Based on the figures above, we are 143 season tickets shy of the total at the same stage last year. I'm aware of the caveats involved but going on those numbers, we are down by less than 1.1%

What's also worth noting is that with the increases in ticket pricing this year, the club will actually have made more money from ST sales this year than last year. A positive start to the season and we could see even more half STs sold than last year's circa 500. 

Those predicting doom and gloom have been way, way out! Brilliant news after a disappointing season. Imagine what a cracking season this year could do to next year's total?

Bring it on! HHGH.

1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

Younger posters might not think 13,000+ tickets is that impressive and the more mature guys who attended in the 50s and early 60s can no doubt hark back to regular crowds of over 30,000 but for someone like me the idea of over 13,000 season tickets is just amazing. The club has come so far.

I don't think it will be long until there will be threads about how the stadium is to small. There are bumps along the way but we are going in the right direction.

What's even more impressive is when you compare these numbers to CL's first spell in charge. I've had a ST since 2000/01 and back then our average crowds were around 12,000 and we had less than 10,000 ST holders.

In fact, in 02/03 our average attendance was only 11,758 and I'm sure we had something like 9,500 ST holders. In the 15 years since, we've increased our ST holders by 40%! There aren't many clubs out there than can say the same. The potential for our club is massive and I genuinely believe we are just getting started. 

Buffalo Bill

I remember some people saying at the end of last season that they’d had enough. Hopefully though the last two games have shown those same people that the team is heading in the right direction. 

There is is no doubt that it’s been a turbulent time since we beat Rangers at the end of November 2016. That’s over a year and a half of indifference with some absolutely woeful stuff played at times. It was bound to have some effect on sales this summer. But over all, we’ve just about held our ground, all be it, we’re about 500 sales down. 

Yet if the team plays well, those missing season ticket holders might well convert into walk ups. 

For me, this is the fifth (and final) of five transitional seasons from Championship football to a completed Tynecastle and stable club (the Cove botch-up aside). I think we’ll be quite good this season. And I expect us to be pretty good from now on in. 

Bridge of Djoum

Any chance we can cobble together a wee thank you for Jalbo for his sterling work?  5PM will never be the same again.

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Daveandal said:

It was on the news last night about how the population of Edinburgh and the Lothians is going to increase greatly in the next few years.

There is the potential to grow our support by another few thousand

scott herbertson
22 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Any chance we can cobble together a wee thank you for Jalbo for his sterling work?  5PM will never be the same again.

Would be nice, with a bouquet of flowers for Mainstand and FF as well.

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It was on the news last night about how the population of Edinburgh and the Lothians is going to increase greatly in the next few years.

There is the potential to grow our support by another few thousand

One of the fastest growing cities in Europe.

19 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Madam says 2 weeks in the Seychelles will be just fine. :P 

It's been a lot of fun, and the team going out and giving us a great season will be thanks enough. :) 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Madam says 2 weeks in the Seychelles will be just fine. :P 

It's been a lot of fun, and the team going out and giving us a great season will be thanks enough. :) 

Oooooffttt!

How about an hour in Primark?