Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Two days to go. Hopefully today’s result will encourage a few last minute renewals. 

Those who watched today's performance should be falling over themselves to buy tickets tomorrow 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Count today at 6pm. 

Wheatfield   -      887

Roseburn     -    1161

Main             -      576

Gorgie          -      478

Total             -    3102

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, estimate 12,832 sold. (+27 from yesterday evening's count).

Scott - your optimism was well placed - and accurate!

Where do I collect my prize?

i expect we will sell 100+ in the next couple of days as people realise they need to get in now or miss their chance

I'm sorry to be really thick but what does happen to sales after 31/7?  Surely people can still buy them.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm sorry to be really thick but what does happen to sales after 31/7?  Surely people can still buy them.

I imagine people will be able to buy in person. I'm not sure online sales would work mixing ST sales and single ticket sales.

49 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

i expect we will sell 100+ in the next couple of days as people realise they need to get in now or miss their chance

Hopefully today's performance willlead to a late boost in sales - positive feel at Tynie today, some great passing football which was a pleasure to watch and 5 great goals making it 10 for the week - very encouraging 

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Prize is waiting for you at Waverley Station. :P

Went in to the shop at FT to grab a programme and there was a decent queue at the ticket office part. I'm sure some would have been last minute STs after that performance.

38 minutes ago, kj79_hmfc said:

Was planning on picking and choosing our games but 3 seats just bought in N.

C'mon the Uche!

:)

Been delaying buying the tickets for ages as I thought “What’s the rush”

With the deadline tomorrow, decided I better get the finger out.

Three bought in the Gorgie Stand this morning. FTH

Italian Lambretta

My son had decided not to renew his season ticket. Took him to the game yesterday and he changed his mind so purchased last night.

I would think most sales yesterday where similar.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, TurboT said:

Been delaying buying the tickets for ages as I thought “What’s the rush”

With the deadline tomorrow, decided I better get the finger out.

Three bought in the Gorgie Stand this morning. FTH

About time!! ?

Bought mine last week for me and a friend who I assigned the ticket to. 

Should it have been posted out by now? And will both come to my address? 

16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Two days to go. Hopefully today’s result will encourage a few last minute renewals. 

My mate and I popped into the ticket office after the game to get tickets for Hamilton.  There were a few folk in front of us who appeared to be buying season tickets, and a decent queue of folk behind us.

For what it's worth, the first time I got a season ticket was after the first match had been played. My reason for buying one was that Csaba had just been appointed, and I got the impression that for the first time in a while we had a proper manager (I was right too). Also, I'd recently got my Saturday afternoons back. Anyway, I went to the ticket office and they were only too happy to sell me a season ticket (book). No doubt the technology is a little different these days, but I cannot imagine the club would turn someone away if they came along and were ready to part with a few hundred quid. And I suppose that the ticket office would know which seats are available for every game (i.e. no 'walk up' tickets for forthcoming games have been sold) whereas that might be harder to do on-line. 

Hopefully, people will be thinking 'ten goals in two games', and many will have watched on BT yesterday and been impressed.

Compared with last season, if we get some good results early on and establish ourselves nearer the top of the table, especially if above Hibs (take nothing for granted), people will come.

On 7/28/2018 at 22:37, luckydug said:

I expect if someone was to roll up at the ticket office after the deadline and ask to buy a ST they would be sold one.

As long as they understand that due to the sale of match tickets their choice would be limited.

I'd be amazed if the club was to turn away good money although going by recent events anythings possible. 

Last season my mate tried to by a season ticket 3 days after the deadline and he was knocked back. He had 

the cash in his pocket to buy the ticket outright but the ticket office told them there was nothing they could do.

There has to be a deadline as tickets for the first home game have to go on sale as soon as possible anyway 

our ST'S have been on sale for long enough for fans to renew.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

There has to be a deadline as tickets for the first home game have to go on sale as soon as possible anyway 

our ST'S have been on sale for long enough for fans to renew.

I know three people who bought STs after the deadline last year. Their ST seats had already been sold for the first home game so they were given alternative seats for that match

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

I know three people who bought STs after the deadline last year. Their ST seats had already been sold for the first home game so they were given alternative seats for that match

Sensible approach. 

With the first game being away I don’t see why the deadline can’t be mid-next week.

In Romanov’S first season I’m sure it was after our performance against Killie away that we sold out our season tickets.

Same could happen against Hamilton.

I don’t see the downside in leaving it a week. Could be losing out on a few hundred season tickets in theory if we play and perform well and win.

Just now, kila said:

12,700 the official number so far

Lower than I expected given the thinking that the hospitality and disability seats etc. will be included. 

Be good to get to 13k, but think that’s a big ask now!

Unlike Hibs we don't hand out 1,000 freebies every week so they may actually for one of the first times in recent history get bigger crowds next season.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Unlike Hibs we don't hand out 1,000 freebies every week so they may actually for one of the first times in recent history get bigger crowds next season.

They did last year anyway.

August Landmesser
10 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

That's down around 800 on this time last year then. Not bad, but not great either.

I think they went on sale a month earlier last year, so today's figure is really the equivalent of 30th June 2017 - Idk how many we'd sold by then though...

Edited by August Landmesser

13 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

That's down around 800 on this time last year then. Not bad, but not great either.

That would mean we sold 13.5k last year....does that figure not include half season ticket sales as well?

Escobar PHM
18 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

13,700 last year according to the accounts.( half ST's not included in that figure)

1000 down.

Disappointing but wont impact hugely on revenue as the prices were up and, assuming better performances, we'll make a bob or two on walk ups.

Both home crowds for this years league cup were substantially up on the home ties last year for example.

Need to hope for a good season and pushing beyond 14k ST holders next season.

Edited by Escobar PHM

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

That would mean we sold 13.5k last year....does that figure not include half season ticket sales as well?

With half season tickets we reached 14k

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

13,700 last year according to the accounts.

1000 down.

Disappointing but wont impact hugely on revenue as the prices were up and, assuming better performances, we'll make a bob or two on walk ups.

Both home crowds for this years league cup were substantially up on the home ties last year for example.

I agree, and if yesterday's performance was anything to go by, we'll be seeing packed houses every home game.

gashauskis9
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

13,700 last year according to the accounts.( half ST's not included in that figure)

1000 down.

Need to hope for a good season and pushing beyond 14k ST holders next season.

The difference this season, despite selling less STs, will be made up by not having to spunk money out to Murrayfield.

That and a fairer split of Home and away games this season.

Edited by Gashauskis9

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

They did last year anyway.

If only the official stats could back you up. :mellow:

image.png.9f288ce2712505b6ea88e340ef97fe36.png.

Escobar PHM
6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The difference this season, despite selling less STs, will be made up by not having to spunk money out to Murrayfield.

Well yes we wont have the fees to pay, but we had at least one crowd at Murrayfield which was much bigger than the capacity of Tynecastle so that little venture more or less paid for itself, in fact we may have profited from it. Thanks Rangers !!! :greggy:

Edited by Escobar PHM

As well as the general increase in ST prices this year, there is also the staged increase for those in the main stand who were trading up from Silver/Gold to Gold/Platinum

24 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

If only the official stats could back you up. :mellow:

image.png.9f288ce2712505b6ea88e340ef97fe36.png.

Those stats will include our Murrayfeild games. Not a fair comparison.

If you look at just Tynecastle v ER it's a different story. Even if you take away an Aberdeen/Rangers match from Hibs.

gashauskis9
31 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Well yes we wont have the fees to pay, but we had at least one crowd at Murrayfield which was much bigger than the capacity of Tynecastle so that little venture more or less paid for itself, in fact we may have profited from it. Thanks Rangers !!! :greggy:

?

12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If you look at just Tynecastle v ER it's a different story. Even if you take away an Aberdeen/Rangers match from Hibs.

Do you know what our Tynecastle average was as a matter of interest?

18 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The bottom line is more people attended Hearts home league games last season than attended Hibs home league games.

Count today at 4.45pm. 

Wheatfield   -      858

Roseburn     -    1151

Main             -      543

Gorgie          -      461

Total             -    3013

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, estimate 12,921 sold. (+89 from yesterday evening's count).

With regards to the club's statement of 12,700 or so sold, there can only be a few explanations;

1. The assumed figure for available season tickets above is wrong. The club has blocked out several hundred seats - about half a section's worth - that we had to assume were sold but have been held back or not made available for sale

2. There is a much smaller number of seats - 100-200 - that have been unavailable around the ground that we didn't know about, and we have had very poor sales of hospitality, wheelchair, blind and disabled tickets.

3. The club have only included regular season tickets sold in the figure that was published with a slight margin of error in our figures.

4. The club took the figure from Kickback about the middle of last week because they don't actually know how many have been sold, and forgot to add in the sales that we can't count.

My money is on the last of of those.

30 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Hibs had some ticket give away venture last season for school kids.  They also had more Cat A games (and an extra home game) than us, but yeah certianly can't take our Murrayfield games out the debate.

Edited by i8hibsh

19 minutes ago, pablo said:

Do you know what our Tynecastle average was as a matter of interest?

Not off the top of my head no. 

9 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

The bottom line is more people attended Hearts home league games last season than attended Hibs home league games.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hibs had some ticket give away venture last season for school kids.  They also had more Cat A games (and an extra home game) than us, but yeah certianly can't take our Murrayfield games out the debate.

It depends what argument you want to make.

If you want to say Hearts had higher att when we had the opportunity to have more than 10k away fans at a match then go for it.

Like I said, if you even up the home games at Tynie/ER with Cat A games etc then Hibs were a good few 100 ahead of us.

I'm not sure what schemes they had for kids/what we had. 

28 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It's also a difficult comparison though. Our average at Tynie was over 17,000, but would have been higher if we had had home games against Aberdeen and Rangers (twice). We'd also have had a much higher gate against Kilmarnock which was a last-minute change to Murrayfield which resulted in a gate of just 15,000. Our opening game at Tynecastle against Partick was mired in uncertainty which meant we ended up with fewer than 17,000 at the game. 

5 minutes ago, JALBO said:

It's also a difficult comparison though. Our average at Tynie was over 17,000, but would have been higher if we had had home games against Aberdeen and Rangers (twice). We'd also have had a much higher gate against Kilmarnock which was a last-minute change to Murrayfield which resulted in a gate of just 15,000. Our opening game at Tynecastle against Partick was mired in uncertainty which meant we ended up with fewer than 17,000 at the game. 

It's really very simple. Ignore the Murrayfeild fixtures and reduce Hibs equivalent ones from their total. They were that far ahead on average that it makes no difference. If someone wants to do their homework I reckon they averaged about 500 more than us.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

I think they went on sale a month earlier last year, so today's figure is really the equivalent of 30th June 2017 - Idk how many we'd sold by then though...

They went on sale nearly 2 months earlier this year, back in March.  Last year's renewal period didnt start until mid May.  

August Landmesser
26 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They went on sale nearly 2 months earlier this year, back in March.  Last year's renewal period didnt start until mid May.  

Ah, ok my mistake. Meh, oh well. As other folk have said - increased prices and no Murrayfield rent should mean wwere making about the same money as last year anyway.