Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

That's what was said about Cathro. I look at what a manager does with the players he has and make my mind up if he has got what it takes. Neilson's summer signings before he left was bad. Cathro's signings were bad and i believe we won't have much luck with Levein unless he gets off his backside and goes out scouting for players at games and not sitting in his office waiting on agents bringing in their dross nobody else wants.

From what I read it’s hard to say they were Cathros signings. The two Greeks, Struna, Hughes,Smith and Lafferty were all Macphees recommendations. He and Macphee knew Isma, who was better than most. Berra was a great signing, not his choice though because he can’t pass really. That leaves Sowah, Gryzelak, Choulay who it’s hard to say whether he knew or wanted them. He asked for a dead ball soeciskustvamd got Martin. He had enough on his plate trying to reinvent football without picking players too. Neilson said he asked for players of a certain type and was given a choice, if the scouts picks donkeys what chance do you have?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Indeed. It’s ironic however that ‘Kickback is for arseholes’ and ‘not representative of the fans who go to games’ etc... does the same apply to Facebook?

So because they are on Facebook and don’t like KB they’re arseholes who don’t go to games? I don’t have the numbers of Facebook users or KB members who are season ticket holders sorry. Apologies if their opinions are different from yours. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

From what I read it’s hard to say they were Cathros signings. The two Greeks, Struna, Hughes,Smith and Lafferty were all Macphees recommendations. He and Macphee knew Isma, who was better than most. Berra was a great signing, not his choice though because he can’t pass really. That leaves Sowah, Gryzelak, Choulay who it’s hard to say whether he knew or wanted them. He asked for a dead ball soeciskustvamd got Martin. He had enough on his plate trying to reinvent football without picking players too. Neilson said he asked for players of a certain type and was given a choice, if the scouts picks donkeys what chance do you have?

You don't half talk some pish. On another thread you're slaughtering Levein for these signings now it transpires they weren't except the decent one...Berra. c'mon now let's get the story straight.

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Most of the fans I know who go to games don’t use Facebook at all, or don’t follow the Facebook Hearts pages... many think they are for ‘arseholes’. 

Hearts Facebook pages are frightening. I genuinely wonder about some of the comments I read on them. 

I’ve voted no, wanted him out after the whole Cathro thing. 

Problem is who does Budge see fit to replace him.  Does she think that Daly will be the guy to take over next?

Think we need a complete new team in the dugout, unfortunately that might come at the expense of people like macphee/daly/Kirk. 

...a bit disco
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Hearts Facebook pages are frightening. I genuinely wonder about some of the comments I read on them. 

This.

Makes this place look all intalekshul an' that, likesay.

WhenTheHeartsWentUp

calmed down a bit from the shambles that was last week, but I think he still needs to go..

to people saying give him a summer to bring in players, where did that end us up with under Cathro?

Not saying that it will definitely happen if we do give Levein the summer, but I dont want to risk us throwing our season under a bus in August again

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

You don't half talk some pish. On another thread you're slaughtering Levein for these signings now it transpires they weren't except the decent one...Berra. c'mon now let's get the story straight.

Show me where I said Levein picked them? Responsible yes as DoF he is. I merely stated that Cathro, Leveins choice and useless at every part of the job, didnt pick those players. Who allowed Macphee to pick them, he recommended them and his boss could’ve said no.Who picked Sowah, Stockton, Gryzelak, Callachan,Swanson etc and don’t play Milinkovic even though he picked him.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Did I say in this thread they were any good? I merely stated that Cathro, Leveins choice and useless at every part of the job, didnt pick those players.

Levein as director of football has overseen about 3 shambolic years of transfers. 

Honestly bewilders me why people don’t think he has any responsibility on transfers.  

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did I say in this thread they were any good? I merely stated that Cathro, Leveins choice and useless at every part of the job, didnt pick those players.

Berra you did.  And like everyone else I suspect you were quite excited about Cathro's appointment.

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Totally. Some proper crazies on there.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Berra you did.  And like everyone else I suspect you were quite excited about Cathro's appointment.

Don’t understand this argument either. 

Its not the fans jobs to interview him and make sure he’s a qualified candidate to be head coach/manager.  Hearts fans were literally only excited about him because he worked at Valencia and Newcastle. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Of course I was but the reality was different, same with Levein. So what makes you think it will be different next season? Now that he’s in charge most of the signings have been less of a gamble, yet we’re still struggling.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Totally. Some proper crazies on there.

I’m not disputing that, there’s a few here too. I was merely trying to show how other fans are thinking.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Morph said:

Don’t understand this argument either. 

Its not the fans jobs to interview him and make sure he’s a qualified candidate to be head coach/manager.  Hearts fans were literally only excited about him because he worked at Valencia and Newcastle. 

Did you know he speaks three languages, learnt them on the hoof, yet struggles to communicate in any one of them. Can’t get players fit, change the team with tactics/formations/ substitutions, get players to implant his ideas, talk to the press, get fans on side. Yet CL thought he was good enough and didn’t want him sacked.

Phil Dunphy

He’s done brilliantly to turn the academy around. 

We are, however, ****ing turgid to watch. We’ve scored more than one goal in a game how many times this season? Seven by my count. 12 draws too. Not good enough for the money we’re being charged to watch it. 

On 3/13/2018 at 15:32, Escobar PHM said:

I voted Go but I'm not a fool, I know he will be staying.

I doubt I'll be renewing next season since Ive found other things more interesting to do about 5 times this season so far and I  doubt I'll go to many more this  season.

Probably go to the last derby if there is one and its at Tynecastle. Certainly wouldn't be going to bottom 6 matches (if indeed we end up there)

I'll still go next season on a pick and chose basis, mostly for the social aspect of it and hoping for the best that there is significant improvement. There will be very few games I cant pick up a ticket for.

Pretty sad really. Wasn't so long ago I was going home and away almost every week. Now I just cant be arsed with whats on show when I get there. Some of my social crowd also feel the same way.

If and when the football improves under Levein will you go more often?

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Jocam2325 said:

If and when the football improves under Levein will you go more often?

Of course. No brainer.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were bottom when he took over, with a playing budget a fraction of ours. They got Aberdeen away which was a harder game than we had and drew twice then lost on penalties. Compared to our meak surrender at Fir Park. I doubt we will finish above them and Clarke will be a contender for manager of the season with the two OF ***** and Lennon.

You might as well slit your wrists and end it all because apparently we have no hope.

We were bottom of the form table from Cathro's time.  Our momentum was on a downhill trajectory with a manager completely lost, whereas Killie were rebuilding.

I get fed up pointing out facts to you and your bitter chums.  Injuries, no home games until the end of the year, and reduced budget due to the stand are significant.  However, it's much more convenient for you to blame Levein.

All Out Attack

If the club sells perhaps 2000 less season tickets and walk ups don't materialise during games, will people still think it acceptable for Levein to remain. Can Hearts afford to lose £600,000.

Surely playing exciting football and helping to fill our stadium should be part of a managers remit. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

If the club sells perhaps 2000 less season tickets and walk ups don't materialise during games, will people still think it acceptable for Levein to remain. Can Hearts afford to lose £600,000.

Surely playing exciting football and helping to fill our stadium should be part of a managers remit. 

That would depend on whether those bums had been lost through the season or not. A winning Hearts team will put bums on seats, irrespective of the "style" of football.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Surely supporting the club through thick and thin, not acting like a wee bitch and not having a personal agenda against one of their longest serving staff is part of a fans remit?

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

27 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

You live in Hamilton, mate?

i wish jj was my dad

So the usual suspects are still repeating the same nonsense but results are still showing only 25% in their favour?

At least the Evening Hobbit is onto it now so 'we can expect Significant Unrest' headlines to follow.  Job done guys. 

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

Kickbackers don’t go to games...

Not a proper sample demographic...

Fans at the games I speak to want him out...

Needs more questions...

Hibs fans infiltrating the vote...

Desperate stuff! ?

Actually, the vast majority of posters on here don’t regularly go to away games. And it’s our performances away from home that are causing the most problems.

25% is a vey significant figure if it is at all reflective of our larger support. It’s more than 3500 ST holders in those terms. And that’s want him out now not even prepared to give him the inner window. Anyone mocking and dismissing that number as not worth at least reflecting upon clearly is not interested in a fan base that is united and pulling in the same direction. Given the tremendous squad upheaval again anticipated for next season and being discussed in numerous other threads it’s a stretch to think we’ll be flying out the traps come August and the start of the SPL season and in that scenario it will be interesting to see how these numbers evolve.

46 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Surely sacking the manager now will mean fewer season tickets get sold until a replacement is in place, which could be as late as the end of the season?  At that point the best available players will be snapped up elsewhere.

Who will buy a season ticket with no manager in place and no signings prepared for the window reopening?

Signing new players should already be underway with the current management team.

i wish jj was my dad
50 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

If 'Lenny' gets appointed Brenda's toilet seat warmer and the shite replace him with Kano Hibs will stop being media darlings, won't play like Brazil and gates will be back around 8000. 

Can the Lochenders afford that or will Great Uncle Tom call in the receivers? Worrying times when you think about it. No?

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You might as well slit your wrists and end it all because apparently we have no hope.

We were bottom of the form table from Cathro's time.  Our momentum was on a downhill trajectory with a manager completely lost, whereas Killie were rebuilding.

I get fed up pointing out facts to you and your bitter chums.  Injuries, no home games until the end of the year, and reduced budget due to the stand are significant.  However, it's much more convenient for you to blame Levein.

Why were we on a downward spiral then? Because of the players the DoF was responsible for and the coach he hired? We got rid of that failure in July, Killie hired Clarke in October and his record is pretty good since then.

No home games til the end of the year, at worst we played four games at a neutral venue with the majority of fans and a perfect pitch, it was November and we had  7 out of 8 at Tynecastle and won 3. 

Why have we had over 30 injuries this season, if there’s a problem with the fitness or the medical department then guess who us responsible for that? 

Ann Budge said that the playing budget would t be affected by building the stand? Is she lying?

Biitter, you better believe I am after watching us waste so much money on poor players and awful performances this season. 

He made a rod for his own back whilst playing an attacking formation and tactics against Celtic with a weakened team, but only plays that way against them. Defensively we are great but it’s at the expense of commuting men forward and trying to win games.

His work with the academy is admirable and hats off to him for that, we’ve played 16 graduates this season which is probably a record. 

Are any of these facts disputed?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Surely sacking the manager now will mean fewer season tickets get sold until a replacement is in place, which could be as late as the end of the season?  At that point the best available players will be snapped up elsewhere.

Who will buy a season ticket with no manager in place and no signings prepared for the window reopening?

Signing new players should already be underway with the current management team.

Indeed it should, is it though? Levein said in November he had plans afoot to sign a striker, and didn’t.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good managers do the final scouting if they're worth their salt. The clubs scouts advise that certain players should be looked at by the manager who must have the final say after watching the player.

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I’m going to bookmark this post for when we are hearing all the usual platitudes having seen the season start but the window still open and us being miles away from having made the necessary signings! There is nothing surer than we will still be trying to secure numerous deals rather than learning from past mistakes and doing all (or the vast majority) of our business early. I’m quite sure Budge will already be thinking about how to best implement some marketing techniques designed to convince our fan base to part with their hard earned for ST’s again so I wouldn’t be worrying about that too much. I’d fully anticipate the usual promises about expectations, targets and exciting times ahead in an attempt to guilt trip those swithering. I think her legacy is at stake if she sticks with Levein and we sleep walk through another season and for her sake I hope she knows what she’s doing. 

Edited by Hendricks

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If 'Lenny' gets appointed Brenda's toilet seat warmer and the shite replace him with Kano Hibs will stop being media darlings, won't play like Brazil and gates will be back around 8000. 

Can the Lochenders afford that or will Great Uncle Tom call in the receivers? Worrying times when you think about it. No?

The best thing we can hope to happen to Hibs is for Rodgers to get a better offer, leave and be replaced by Lennon. He can take McGinn with him and give them 5 players on loan for whatever Celtic minded manager takes over at ER. 

kingantti1874

So sis folk just think we'd go from worst performances in the history of the club to blitzing all before us in clavier fashion.. As I said we'd gone from weak spineless horseshit.. To respectable inconsistency.. And on the few occasions we've been able to field anything close to a full strength team we've been pretty decent..

Where we want to be.. Of course not.. Do we need to improve.. Obviously.. Would we have found a manager to do better.. Stevie Clark aside I can't see one.. 

For Many of the folk on here their hatred of levein clouds their ability to judge logically.. A few of them thought Owen Coyle would have been a better shout.. 

1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

75% of supporters will not renew if CL gets punted.

Is that how it works ?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Good managers do the final scouting if they're worth their salt. The clubs scouts advise that certain players should be looked at by the manager who must have the final say after watching the player.

They weren’t managers though, they’re title was Head Coach with responsibility for the team they had. Neilson and Cathro both indicated they asked for a certain type of player and Murray/Levein chose them.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed it should, is it though? Levein said in November he had plans afoot to sign a striker, and didn’t.

Well he signed Naismith.. Who is a striker.. But that load of shit aside.. 

He did want another.. But clearly none were available within our price range who would have improved the squad.. Unless your advocating just getting someone for the sake of it 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They weren’t managers though, they’re title was Head Coach with responsibility for the team they had. Neilson and Cathro both indicated they asked for a certain type of player and Murray/Levein chose them.

made up nonsense 

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I’m going to bookmark this post for when we are hearing all the usual platitudes having seen the season start but the window still open and us being miles away from having made the necessary signings! There is nothing surer than we will still be trying to secure numerous deals rather than learning from past mistakes and doing all (or the vast majority) of our business early. I’m quite sure Budge will already be thinking about how to best implement some marketing techniques designed to convince our fan base to part with their hard earned for ST’s again so I wouldn’t be worrying about that too much. I’d fully anticipate the usual promises about expectations, targets and exciting times ahead in an attempt to guilt trip those swithering. I think her legacy is at stake if she sticks with Levein and we sleep walk through another season and for her sake I hope she knows what she’s doing. 

This is reality. All those with their heads firmly in the sand, please take note.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So sis folk just think we'd go from worst performances in the history of the club to blitzing all before us in clavier fashion.. As I said we'd gone from weak spineless horseshit.. To respectable inconsistency.. And on the few occasions we've been able to field anything close to a full strength team we've been pretty decent..

Where we want to be.. Of course not.. Do we need to improve.. Obviously.. Would we have found a manager to do better.. Stevie Clark aside I can't see one.. 

For Many of the folk on here their hatred of levein clouds their ability to judge logically.. A few of them thought Owen Coyle would have been a better shout.. 

Personally I don’t hate Levein at all,  there are loads of decent managers out there. Had we heard of Sergio before he came for example.

We were under strength against Celtic. Could you tell me what our strongest team is before and after January, I don’t think CL knows and hasn’t kept the same lineup once this season in 29 games.

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The best thing we can hope to happen to Hibs is for Rodgers to get a better offer, leave and be replaced by Lennon. He can take McGinn with him and give them 5 players on loan for whatever Celtic minded manager takes over at ER. 

No the best thing could happen to Hibs is that CL gets a full transfer window to get the players in he wants to allow him to get back to pissing all over them again like he has done throughout his career. 

Despite what some on here would have you believe Hibs don't hate CL because he has a poor record against them.

3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

75% of supporters will not renew if CL gets punted.

Is that how it works ?

Can't wait to see your comments come December..........or maybe you'll have vanished into thin air holding on to your CL cuddly toy.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why were we on a downward spiral then? Because of the players the DoF was responsible for and the coach he hired? We got rid of that failure in July, Killie hired Clarke in October and his record is pretty good since then.

No home games til the end of the year, at worst we played four games at a neutral venue with the majority of fans and a perfect pitch, it was November and we had  7 out of 8 at Tynecastle and won 3. 

Why have we had over 30 injuries this season, if there’s a problem with the fitness or the medical department then guess who us responsible for that? 

Ann Budge said that the playing budget would t be affected by building the stand? Is she lying?

Biitter, you better believe I am after watching us waste so much money on poor players and awful performances this season. 

He made a rod for his own back whilst playing an attacking formation and tactics against Celtic with a weakened team, but only plays that way against them. Defensively we are great but it’s at the expense of commuting men forward and trying to win games.

His work with the academy is admirable and hats off to him for that, we’ve played 16 graduates this season which is probably a record. 

Are any of these facts disputed?

Celtic worked because they went all out attack on us and left their defence wide open.  Other teams are more defensive and try and counter attack you so those tactics don't work.  Stop believing what you see in Championship Manager.

We don't have the players to go on the front foot, and the time to get those players was last summer.  Levein had one week of that window.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well he signed Naismith.. Who is a striker.. But that load of shit aside.. 

He did want another.. But clearly none were available within our price range who would have improved the squad.. Unless your advocating just getting someone for the sake of it 

Naismith isn’t a striker and is way out our wage structure at £10k a week. Are Hibs paying Maclaren more than we can afford? We made £700k in January whilst freeing up 5 sets of wages.

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Can't wait to see your comments come December..........or maybe you'll have vanished into thin air holding on to your CL cuddly toy.

Where can I get a CL cuddly toy ?