Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Or utter desperation, reminiscent of Hibs.Net during our period in Admin.  I think they think if they invent and repeat enough crap people might start to believe them.

A bit of both. I definitely think it shows that there is a quieter majority on here who don’t post as much, but do follow events keenly. The Levein out comments are generally all the same few guys repeating the same thing over and over again and it can sometimes make it appear that there’s more people wanting him out than there actually is on here... as the poll demonstrates.

Of course, then the default argument is: ‘Kickback isn’t representative of the fans’... round and round we go.

3 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

How many Hibs fans have voted for him to stay though?

Funnily enough, the Hibs fans that have been outed on here so far have all been trying to stir things up and promote the Levein out message. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

This is where I am. There’s a tipping point not too far away and that 75% in favour of him staying will tumble rapidly if we don’t make good strides next season. 

It is not just signing the players it is how he sets them up as a formation and how motivated they are, that will judge him the the eyes of many. The team we have right now should be winning more games but Craig at this moment in time is underachieving, that is mainly down to the over reliance of clean sheets rather than opening out fully in an attacking sense!

Many including myself will be looking to see a more ambitious game plan especially away from home, if that pans out then Craig will see more widespread backing for him in the dugout! 

Delivery of that is key!

15 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Funnily enough, the Hibs fans that have been outed on here so far have all been trying to stir things up and promote the Levein out message. 

Name names

20 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

How many Hibs fans have voted for him to stay though?

Right now I suggest there are very few Hibs fans who would want him out.

13 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I'm pretty sure a lot of us voted for Fenlon to stay at one point lol

Indeed!

This season has been good at times but only in very small and minor spells. I still feel Craig is the man for us next season. Recruitment is something he and the backroom staff need to get right in the summer. Get this wrong and it will only cause a domino effect.

As for my vote, I clicked the wrong one and selected  him not to manage next season! ?

Edited by D4nny_

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Correct and I wouldn't be surprised if we hear Potter must stay or words to that effect come the next Derby and as soon as they songs start the writing is on the wall. It's the away fans version of the boards vote of confidence 

14 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Youd be better asking the Mods my old chum. :thumbsup:

Asking the mods who has been banned as being Hibee trolls like?   There are still many Hearts fans on here who do not like the way our football team is being managed.

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Mines was reported in The Scotsman and on Sky - yours??

Mate in the pub told me so more reliable than those 2.

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Asking the mods who has been banned as being Hibee trolls like?   There are still many Hearts fans on here who do not like the way our football team is being managed.

Well, aye. ****ed if I’m going to do the leg work for you. 

There are many on here who dont like the way the team is being managed. It’s just that they are in a three to one minority. 

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

There are many on here who dont like the way the team is being managed. It’s just that they are in a three to one minority. 

Thats what you took from the poll ? That only 1 in 4 don't like the way the team is being managed ? Ermmmm that wasn't the poll question matey.

Italian Lambretta

Interesting that the Evening News has picked up on this Poll and not others in the past.

Looks like a job well done by certain individuals on Kickback the club will no doubt be delighted.:mellow:

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Wait a minute, if the Mods have banned all these 'Hibee trolls' how can they be voting???

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Thats what you took from the poll ? That only 1 in 4 don't like the way the team is being managed ? Ermmmm that wasn't the poll question matey.

Okay buddy-boy. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Wait a minute, if the Mods have banned all these 'Hibee trolls' how can they be voting???

‘Kin’ ‘ell... I’m not the one saying they are voting. That was Greedy. He was unhappy with the poll results and thought that was why his opinion isn’t the majority vote.

8 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Bang on if it was a one question poll that asked if we liked how the team was being managed answer YES or NO it would be a totally different per cent and nowhere near the one in four as it is that's for sure 

Edited by Gazbo

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s about 60 players in 4 years, 37 players used this season must be a record too.

It's 89 players in 4 seasons. How is that continuity or stability

Mr Romanov still bamming the ****wits at the Scotsman up from his hot tub in Russia. Great stuff. ?

15 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Awful lot of sour grapes on the vines just now. 

Same posters over and over again. Totally ignore the results of the poll and just continue their anti-Levein posts. Most people should have voted now so maybe time to close this thread. Won't be long till the next Levein bashing one

27 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Exactly, I voted for him to start next season not because I like the way the team is being managed but because I think he deserves more time to sort it out. 

Escobar PHM
13 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Jesus H Christ !!

We have 12 senior professionals contracted beyond the end of the season and at least 4 of them are redundant as far as playing for Hearts again is concerned.

9 players in doesn't even scratch the surface of this issue.

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Same posters over and over again. Totally ignore the results of the poll and just continue their anti-Levein posts. Most people should have voted now so maybe time to close this thread. Won't be long till the next Levein bashing one

Nail on the head 

Escobar PHM
Just now, upa1 said:

Exactly, I voted for him to start next season not because I like the way the team is being managed but because I think he deserves more time to sort it out. 

I imagine a fair number of the 75% feel exactly the same mate. Shame THAT question wasn't asked and published in the Evening Hibs.

Just now, XB52 said:

Kickbackers don’t go to games...

Not a proper sample demographic...

Fans at the games I speak to want him out...

Needs more questions...

Hibs fans infiltrating the vote...

Desperate stuff! ?

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Same posters defending him over and over again and giving him carte blanche to carry on doing what he is doing.

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Same posters defending him over and over again and giving him carte blanche to carry on doing what he is doing.

See the poll, you and your wee chums are the, very, vocal minority. But you keep posting your garbage

Just now, XB52 said:

See the poll, you and your wee chums are the, very, vocal minority. But you keep posting your garbage

But... Hibs infiltrators... not a wide enough sample group... many voters’ coaches got lost on the M8...

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Hmm, if Hibs fans want him to stay, is that because they think he is a poor, weak manager and that is to their advantage; and is that not enough for all PHM to vote for him out?

Unless I am getting my logic in a twist.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Hmm, if Hibs fans want him to stay, is that because they think he is a poor, weak manager and that is to their advantage; and is that not enough for all PHM to vote for him out?

Unless I am getting my logic in a twist.

There have been a couple of ‘obvious Hibs trolls’ who posted on here recently, that were called out, and I assume banned. Maybe Mods or Admin can confirm... they were all wanting Levein out... make of that what you will.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, bighalders said:

It's 89 players in 4 seasons. How is that continuity or stability

Is that youngsters too, scary numbers really and about 9 of them were left footed.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

And yet they are out of the cup at the same stage as us and could finish below us in the league depending on results.

They were bottom when he took over, with a playing budget a fraction of ours. They got Aberdeen away which was a harder game than we had and drew twice then lost on penalties. Compared to our meak surrender at Fir Park. I doubt we will finish above them and Clarke will be a contender for manager of the season with the two OF ***** and Lennon.

It’ll definitely be interesting to see how Clarke does next season... wherever that turns out to be. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes he was awful but having so many kids around him didn’t help and playing as a number 10 (which is the managers fault). I merely said the negative tactics may have affected his form, do you have any other ideas?

Same manager has seen him play well when played deeper. I understand he’s more effective played furthe forward but with the players available Friday I thought he was asked to play where he was. More than once a player in front of him made a decent run and he didn’t find them. I don’t think he or Lafferty got into the game at all

Laff has been asked to do a lot of work defensively and has done it. He’s not a lone striker but, again we are where we are with injuries etc and players have to do things they’d rather not

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Same manager has seen him play well when played deeper. I understand he’s more effective played furthe forward but with the players available Friday I thought he was asked to play where he was. More than once a player in front of him made a decent run and he didn’t find them. I don’t think he or Lafferty got into the game at all

Laff has been asked to do a lot of work defensively and has done it. He’s not a lone striker but, again we are where we are with injuries etc and players have to do things they’d rather not

Indeed but he had his pal Bauben and his signing Callachan on the bench but didn’t think they were good enough to play and put on youngsters instead? The 30 odd injuries we’ve suffered are worrying and needs to be looked into. 

As someone who:

i) doesn't believe that Levein will turn things around to the required degree and prove successful in managing Hearts 1st team (NB. I don't doubt the Academy mess is being sorted out and will prove profitable over time!)

ii) fully anticipates him starting next season as our Head Coach

I'm actually in no way surprised at the poll result of approximately 1 in 4 saying he should not start next season. Personally I think thats a significant number given the wording of the question and indeed should the start of the season bring little change in results the number will rise significantly very quickly. Many have caveated their 'should stay' with exactly that. When you have the turnover of players that we are yet again expecting this summer it is very difficult to get off to a flyer unless you are bringing in our 2005-06 signings to go along with a tremendous Scottish spine. We know full well neither that level of signing is going to be forthcoming nor is the spine in place.

The question therefore as I see it is this; are we going to have the same old people saying come August/September that we then need the 2nd quarter of games to judge things and will it then move on to the January window is required, or lets see how the Scottish Cup campaign goes, or lets wait and see where we end up in May...???  Where do people draw the line as for me I'm not interested in hearing about bedding in periods, or excuses about how several players arrived late in the window etc etc. Once agin we have known early in the year that the current season is dead in the water and planning should be well ahead of several of our immediate competitors. Levein needs to get his signings made very early and have the team fit and ready to go and win games both home and away. There is no room for a slow start nor any embarrassment in the League Cup group stage.

On 13/03/2018 at 17:25, AndyNic said:

Voted stay although I still don't know if it's the right choice.Reckon he should be given the summer window to get things right.

That's what was said about Cathro. I look at what a manager does with the players he has and make my mind up if he has got what it takes. Neilson's summer signings before he left was bad. Cathro's signings were bad and i believe we won't have much luck with Levein unless he gets off his backside and goes out scouting for players at games and not sitting in his office waiting on agents bringing in their dross nobody else wants.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed but he had his pal Bauben and his signing Callachan on the bench but didn’t think they were good enough to play and put on youngsters instead? The 30 odd injuries we’ve suffered are worrying and needs to be looked into. 

Don’t think the pitch has helped with the injuries and agree we have some deadwood to shift still

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. As it is in other social media sites.

https://www.facebook.com/HmfcFcFanPage/posts/1643339085756400

Most of the fans I know who go to games don’t use Facebook at all, or don’t follow the Facebook Hearts pages... many think they are for ‘arseholes’. 

Edited by Ryder

Bazzas right boot

We should just have a general manager in/ out poll.

Save the effort.

Must have had one on go 3/4's of the last 3 years.

Makes us look like ******s. Tbh.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Don’t think the pitch has helped with the injuries and agree we have some deadwood to shift still

There’s barely a good pitch in the league, OF and Dundee I think.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Most of the fans I know who go to games don’t use Facebook at all, or don’t follow the Facebook Hearts pages... many think they are for ‘arseholes’. 

Yes and many others do, arseholes are allowed opinions too.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yes and many others do, arseholes are allowed opinions too.

Indeed. It’s ironic however that ‘Kickback is for arseholes’ and ‘not representative of the fans who go to games’ etc... does the same apply to Facebook?