Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Its reported we are paying him £3k per week.

Didn't see that - where was it reported?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

Greedy_Jambo
15 minutes ago, redm said:

We're fourth in last year's spend league, and maybe might find we're fifth when next year's report comes out.

Where were Kilmarnock?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, rmreido said:

rip it up & start again....

LEVEIN OUT,

now!

Great plan.insightful. guaranteed success with that gem.

Thankfully our owners don't do business that way.

31 minutes ago, MadJock said:

If thats the way it comes across then i apoligise, i certainly did not mean it in that reguard. I certainly do not want to sound that i care more than others, i know there is  people that care a lot more about this club than i do and as i have said before i respect them for that commitment. I do get other peoples point of view and i respect that they have  a diffrent opinion to me and are entiteled to express there opinion.

I meant that people do not care about the type of football we are playing and i am no way slating anyone for that, some people like we do not conceed, some just like the end result reguardless of how we played. Certainly not here to belittle or upset anyone so again my apoigies for coming across that way.

Not at all, it's cool, no need to apologise. Minsunderstandings happen. It's an emotive subject. :)

For what it's worth, I think those who don't appear to care as much about the type of football played probably just have it as a secondary consideration at the moment. For me, I think we need to sort out the basics and get that down before we start worrying about what it looks like. As I said earlier, I don't remember ever really being treated to huge amounts of lovely football in the past so it's just not a thing I associate too strongly with being a Hearts supporter! A nice to have rather than a must have. 

I'd say stay. We need stability on the park and off . 

Looking at bringing 9 players in...d-day for him after that.

32 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Same place as your £10k :)

Mines was reported in The Scotsman and on Sky - yours??

31 minutes ago, Haken said:

Pretty much where I am, redm. 

Rome wasn't built in a day, but possibly one of the galling things is that we had made a pretty decent job of building something that was beginning to look like Rome, only to pull it apart and start again.  It does piss me off to think that our Championship-winning team would very likely beat our current team.  While that isn't 100% down to Levein, as DoF he has to accept some responsibility.  But the Board cannot be blind to that, either, though I suspect the new main stand became the Board's sole focus.

Yep, totally agree on all that. I'm not convinced our Champ team would beat this team on a good day but they'd definitely give it a go. Confidence counts for a lot too. 

It is galling but in some ways I'm glad we messed it up by trying something new and different. Had it just been a straightforward ****** up I would be less understanding but I struggle to get too angry about ambition or taking risks that had all sorts of good intentions. A risk many of us supported at the time. It didn't work. Some things don't work. Ho hum. 

I think one of the key differences is that some are comfortable with forgiving those mistakes and rebooting the whole process with Levein doing things entirely his way.....and some aren't. If the worst that comes from this is a miserable season end under Cathro and a difficult rebuild season under Levein, I can live with that. I want to see real progress this summer and next season though. That's where my patience will probably start to run out.

3 minutes ago, EreWeG0.. said:

I'd say stay. We need stability on the park and off . 

Looking at bringing 9 players in...d-day for him after that.

If that is the case, will we have the biggest turnover of players over the last 3 years in Scottish football?

32 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Where were Kilmarnock?

Much further down. 8th or 9th I think. There's no denying they're doing very well. We don't exist in a bubble though, other clubs will have their own hot streaks and bad times. 

ford donald
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Mines was reported in The Scotsman and on Sky - yours??

His was probably in the Beano.

2 minutes ago, ford donald said:

His was probably in the Beano.

:laugh:

Greedy_Jambo
30 minutes ago, redm said:

Much further down. 8th or 9th I think. There's no denying they're doing very well. We don't exist in a bubble though, other clubs will have their own hot streaks and bad times. 

I think they just brought a decent manager in mate Haha.

That's not just a good job he's done. It's an effing miracle.

ford donald
15 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

You cannot argue the fact.Clarke has done a fantastic job in such a short time,Killie should be truly thankful,even if he moves on at some stage.

3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

You cannot argue the fact.Clarke has done a fantastic job in such a short time,Killie should be truly thankful,even if he moves on at some stage.

And yet they are out of the cup at the same stage as us and could finish below us in the league depending on results.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

And yet they are out of the cup at the same stage as us and could finish below us in the league depending on results.

This is true - we can only judge the respective performances of Levein and Clarke after the season ends.

Greedy_Jambo

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

This is true - we can only judge the respective performances of Levein and Clarke after the season ends.

Seriously? 

I despair sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Seriously? 

I despair sometimes. 

Yeh seriously!!   I will wait until the end of the season before judging the respective performances of Levein and Clarke - what's your beef???

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Got a source for that mate? I remember a lot of speculation but no confirmed figures

Just what was reported at the time. It's the only figures I have seen apart from the speculation on here. 

ford donald
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am not comparing Clarke to Levien,just think Clarke has turned Killie around.

45 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Pretty much. This is almost as good as it gets for them as well. They're punching well above their weight at the moment and he should be congratulated.

I suppose the question for them is whether or not he/they can sustain it. That's maybe more difficult.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

Anything to get some clicks and ads viewed

Dave's created a monster.

2 week ban, 4 warning points and an hour on the naughty step.

I am not comparing Clarke to Levien,just think Clarke has turned Killie around.

I think Levein has started the recovery but injuries have hampered us.

You clearly don't want to give Levein credit for anything because as far as you are concerned everything must be his fault and that is all.

I will bookmark this and expect to see you on here to apologise when things improve after the summer.

ford donald

You clearly don't want to give Levein credit for anything because as far as you are concerned everything must be his fault and that is all.

I will bookmark this and expect to see you on here to apologise when things improve after the summer.

Nonsense.It can only improve, let's be candid.

Greedy_Jambo
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It's not going to be difficult for things to improve after the summer. We're gash. 

Nonsense.It can only improve, let's be candid.

I expect it to improve if we can recruit enough quality players.  A lot of that depends on who does our scouting, and I don't believe that was ever the DOF's job.

If the people responsible for scouting Oshinawa and Martin are still looking at players for us then I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

It's not going to be difficult for things to improve after the summer. We're gash. 

I hope so.  None of us have enjoyed it but there are mitigating circumstances that some people won't consider.

I have serious doubts that Levein is the right person for the job, but can’t see any change happening and can understand the arguments for giving him the summer transfer window to sort the squad out.

It would help greatly if we did some good business early in the window. Certainly would bring back some much needed optimism.

Id also like to see evidence in the remainder of this season that Levein is prepared to be a bit more adventurous and has learnt from his past mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I have serious doubts that Levein is the right person for the job, but can’t see any change happening and can understand the arguments for giving him the summer transfer window to sort the squad out.

It would help greatly if we did some good business early in the window. Certainly would bring back some much needed optimism.

Id also like to see evidence in the remainder of this season that Levein is prepared to be a bit more adventurous and has learnt from his past mistakes. 

Total agree - I can't see Levein ever playing adventurous football, but it is disappointing that we never seem to sign players on pre-contracts and are always last into the market.

Greedy_Jambo
11 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

This is where i'm at. 

Good post. 

Enzo Chiefo
43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I expect it to improve if we can recruit enough quality players.  A lot of that depends on who does our scouting, and I don't believe that was ever the DOF's job.

If the people responsible for scouting Oshinawa and Martin are still looking at players for us then I'm concerned.

I hope so.  None of us have enjoyed it but there are mitigating circumstances that some people won't consider.

It's not just quality players that are needed Frank. We need a bold, brave manager that doesnt put the shackles on creative players because he is frightened of losing games. Yes there have been injuries that haven't helped but our season has been defined by tactics that make us difficult to beat. I don't think I can ever remember a season when our midfielders have chipped in with less goals. That is why we're hovering about on the border of the top 6. I actually think AB will make a change in the summer. Just my opinion but I think CL was only intended as a short term sticking plaster, regardless of what she said back in August, and I do not  expect him to be in charge come the new season.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Impossible to vote for him to stay.  He's been in charge of the footballing department for a number of years.  Initially great success when we won the championship then finished 3rd.  But he said he would be responsible for continuity and stability and since Neilson left we've had neither.  If I have tallied correctly we've signed 34 players in the last 18 months and we will probably sign another 9 in the summer so that is not continuity or stability.  Finally, watching the Hearts under Levein as manager is the most boring thing to do, the wife might even get my company on future shopping trips.......ok not that bad, but you get the picture. 

Hibs fans are happy with this! The guy knows he needs to see himself to the door. Would rather have team who go for it and get beat 5-4 than watch a stalemate

0-0 being honest!

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

This obviously made it impossible for him to pass the ball to a Hearts player.

I like him and I think he’s made a difference but he was utter guff on Friday and that wasn’t down to the manager 

Yes he was awful but having so many kids around him didn’t help and playing as a number 10 (which is the managers fault). I merely said the negative tactics may have affected his form, do you have any other ideas?

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Someone on radio Scotland said we are paying 8K a week for Naismith.

Not facts but more reliable than jkb I would say.

Radio Scotland reliable ?, I read it in all the papers that Norwich wanted £10k of his wages paid. Not a reliable source either obviously but as I posted up there Kevein said it was way our budget and was an expensive exercise.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Impossible to vote for him to stay.  He's been in charge of the footballing department for a number of years.  Initially great success when we won the championship then finished 3rd.  But he said he would be responsible for continuity and stability and since Neilson left we've had neither.  If I have tallied correctly we've signed 34 players in the last 18 months and we will probably sign another 9 in the summer so that is not continuity or stability.  Finally, watching the Hearts under Levein as manager is the most boring thing to do, the wife might even get my company on future shopping trips.......ok not that bad, but you get the picture. 

It’s about 60 players in 4 years, 37 players used this season must be a record too.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not just quality players that are needed Frank. We need a bold, brave manager that doesnt put the shackles on creative players because he is frightened of losing games. Yes there have been injuries that haven't helped but our season has been defined by tactics that make us difficult to beat. I don't think I can ever remember a season when our midfielders have chipped in with less goals. That is why we're hovering about on the border of the top 6. I actually think AB will make a change in the summer. Just my opinion but I think CL was only intended as a short term sticking plaster, regardless of what she said back in August, and I do not  expect him to be in charge come the new season.

I would hope so too, no goals from defence either really as we are awful at set pieces. Every goalie in the league is scared of cross balls, do we put them under pressure with inswingers ( no left footers makes this hard I know) when posssible. Did we put MacDonald or Marciano under pressure recently? Macphee is responsible for set pieces, they’re awful.

jack D and coke
16 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I have said he should be given one more window, the summer one where there is better quality available. My patience will run out very quickly if he doesn't deliver this time though!

This is where I am. There’s a tipping point not too far away and that 75% in favour of him staying will tumble rapidly if we don’t make good strides next season. 

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

replies about 3 to 1 negative, poll 3 to 1 positive.  True what they say about empty vessels 

You honestly can’t think of another reason for that?

58 minutes ago, XB52 said:

replies about 3 to 1 negative, poll 3 to 1 positive.  True what they say about empty vessels 

Or utter desperation, reminiscent of Hibs.Net during our period in Admin.  I think they think if they invent and repeat enough crap people might start to believe them.