Levein *POLL*

davemclaren

Levein - stay or go poll  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Should Craig go before new season or be allowed to start the new season?

• Craig should not be manager for next season
    • Craig should be manager at the start of the new season

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/18 at 12:01

32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s ****ing ridiculous this place now :lol:  From the insanity of some clowns wanting them to actually win the SC a couple of years ago :cornette: to the constant references and now screenshots of their mutant fans from social media lapping up a derby win :facepalm: holy **** what is going on in here these days!??!  

The digging out of and rumours of Levein too it’s all getting pretty sickening. 

It’s ****ing weird likes. Quite difficult to tell the arseholes from the Hibs fans nowadays. Although the two are not exactly mutually exclusive).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• frankblack

18 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

I tend to think there is enough evidence through the simularities between how Levein, Neilson and Cathro have had the team playing, at times, over the last three years that the current tactics are his preferred choice. Plus Levein's never been a good enough coach to have his teams playing a slick pass and move type football.

Neilson, at least, was given a choice of Levein/Murray choices to pick from once he had identified a need for the team.

Well I find that hard to believe re Cathro and with a bit of hindsight he stopped the rot as we were shipping goals

if he isn't a good coach then I assume when we put braga and Bordeaux to the sword that was all just luck? 

Our midfield is the problem at the moment and where, I'm sure, there will be a lot of changes in the summer with some strikers added and a left back ... the rest of the team will improve once we get the right players in these positions 

8 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

No I won't but I think there is personnel reasons for this

Why would you be happy with Levein managing a different side if in your opinion, he is hopeless anyway? 

I would be happy if he changes the style if football. Check previous posts. Out with the old firm we didn't lose at home for two years in his first spell. I've already mentioned that.  I also live the fact that he is the best coach when it comes to sticking up for the club when it comes to the authorities  loved the fact that he refused to pay a fine.  You have to realise it's not personal if someone isn't happy with how things are going.  That seems to be the standard come back to any criticism.  Posters are giving reasons why they aren't happy.  Play the ball etc

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think need to be signing at least 9. First and foremost though I'd be trying to keep the good parts of what we've got and just make it a bit less of a re-build.

Milinkovic, Adao, Mitchell, Naismith, McLaughlin.

Agreed Escobar 

mind all the players you mention are Leveins signings so if he gets the same quality in the areas we are short then we will be a different proposition next season 

3 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I would be happy if he changes the style if football. Check previous posts. Out with the old firm we didn't lose at home for two years in his first spell. I've already mentioned that.  I also live the fact that he is the best coach when it comes to sticking up for the club when it comes to the authorities  loved the fact that he refused to pay a fine.  You have to realise it's not personal if someone isn't happy with how things are going.  That seems to be the standard come back to any criticism.  Posters are giving reasons why they aren't happy.  Play the ball etc

I agree, first time around we had a real attacking threat .. I remember when he signed fuller thinking that we would only need him to turn up, play, and we would win games hands down 

if I have one criticism of Craig Levein maybe it's that he can sometimes overthink games and focus on the opposition to much but no one can question his commitment to the club - he has an eye for a player and is literally having to tear up the side to make room for new players .. I don't buy the fact that he isn't a good coach either, you can be a good coach but overly analytical 

I believe we have to give him the time to get these problem positions filled in the summer as he we aren't there yet and he will know this better than anyone ... he's a smart guy and will be hurting like the rest of us at the moment but a few more signings like he has signed recently and we will be a completely different side and I'm sure that the playing style and football will change as a result 

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, deejtee said:

Foolishly my work station was still connected so I have seen your latest rather pathetic contribution. As I am not a paediatrician I won't be seeing you as a patient. I offered you advice about what you might want to do but you THINK it is smart to continue to  be irritating. Reminds me of an old Monty Python sketch and as I am not arguing on my own time  I will disconnect from JKB and let you carry on.

You are taking this all rather serious , deep breaths pal .

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I don't believe that for a second, however there are a lot of kids in here who have a habit of acting in black and white terms. 

No-one can critise the validity of the poll here, especially when a large enough sample have voted. 

What it does do though, is to only reflect the views of JKB members and not the wider Hearts support.

If you think back. When the whole stadium was up in arms, at the end of Cathro's games and social media was going into meltdown, there was still a hard core of 50% on JKB wanting Cathro to remain in place. 

To see 26% of supporters on here wanting Levein out, is frankly incredible and once you have lost the support you don't ever get them back. This is only going to go one way. 

There is a definite feeling of prolonging the inevitable here. 

74-26

”lost the support”.

Hobonomics right there. 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I agree, first time around we had a real attacking threat .. I remember when he signed fuller thinking that we would only need him to turn up, play, and we would win games hands down 

if I have one criticism of Craig Levein maybe it's that he can sometimes overthink games and focus on the opposition to much but no one can question his commitment to the club - he has an eye for a player and is literally having to tear up the side to make room for new players .. I don't buy the fact that he isn't a good coach either, you can be a good coach but overly analytical 

I believe we have to give him the time to get these problem positions filled in the summer as he we aren't there yet and he will know this better than anyone ... he's a smart guy and will be hurting like the rest of us at the moment but a few more signings like he has signed recently and we will be a completely different side and I'm sure that the playing style and football will change as a result 

That's all I'm really hoping for. The football to be a bit more attacking. Winning something would be perfect.  Not looking for some sort of 'Hibs flair' type of philosophy to be brought to the team, just a bit more positive.  The Hibs pure football myth  that's why they stuck with Alex miller for about a decade! 

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Sure you said the same about Robbie.

Too much BT sport for you, maybe?

You and your 21 pals must be a right hoot.

How did you survive the 60's, 70's and 80's and most of the 90's as a fan? I must have missed this winning and playing good football phase that we went through in your mind and that you know all about.

I remember relegation, almost being extinct, followed by establishing us as a decent league side, beating hibs but unfortunately peppered with crushing defeats in big games up until 98.

Your sure about Robbie are you ?

Well many of us have a right hoot before the games then go back to the club or pub to cheer ourselves up after watching too many dire negative games.

I can go back to us winning leagues and cups long before '98. I want success at Hearts and for our team to be top dogs in Scotland. I hate failure because of being mismanaged. 

Jingle Bells
31 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Well I find that hard to believe re Cathro and with a bit of hindsight he stopped the rot as we were shipping goals

if he isn't a good coach then I assume when we put braga and Bordeaux to the sword that was all just luck? 

Our midfield is the problem at the moment and where, I'm sure, there will be a lot of changes in the summer with some strikers added and a left back ... the rest of the team will improve once we get the right players in these positions 

From Levien's 14/5/14 EEN interview....He is nothing if not clear on the kind of environment he wishes to create at Riccarton. From signing players right down to the colour of the toilet roll, Levein gives the impression he will be all over everything.“John Murray is going back to scouting. He was my scout here all those years ago and he is fantastic at it. He will look for players and write a profile for each position – what kind of player we are looking for.“We will identify different characteristics for each position. He will look for those type of players and I will sit down and have a look at them then we will present three or four to Robbie and say, ‘what do you think?’ He might say we can do better than that.“We don’t want Robbie going to watch a player in Holland three times. We will let Robbie do the coaching. He will tell us what he wants, we will try and find it for him and if he says no we go and find someone else.”

An exception was Sow whom was a Alexander recommendation.

The quality of the signings might improve a bit now that he is in the direct firing line however I dont think the over cautious tactics will change, if he's still in place next season.

Edited by Jingle Bells

3 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

74-26

”lost the support”.

Hobonomics right there. 

I agree with All out Attack though, mate. Poll results mean nothing if the past is to be considered.

Put it this way, if we finish sixth and sell 14K STs, what would that tell us ?

That the poll is accurate ?

I'm getting myself in a knot here but a big drop in sales is the only barometer to go by. 

Personally, I think we will sell about that number, which some will say validates the poll.

Let's wait and see !

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I agree with All out Attack though, mate. Poll results mean nothing if the past is to be considered.

Put it this way, if we finish sixth and sell 14K STs, what would that tell us ?

That the poll is accurate ?

I'm getting myself in a knot here but a big drop in sales is the only barometer to go by. 

Personally, I think we will sell about that number, which some will say validates the poll.

Let's wait and see !

All true, mate. My issue was with the lost the support comment. Stated as fact rather than an opinion or eventual outcome. Typical of his hyperbole.

2 minutes ago, Elmore said:

That's all I'm really hoping for. The football to be a bit more attacking. Winning something would be perfect.  Not looking for some sort of 'Hibs flair' type of philosophy to be brought to the team, just a bit more positive.  The Hibs pure football myth  that's why they stuck with Alex miller for about a decade! 

I think everyone of us wants that too 

- just got some real differences of opinion in the support just now.. putting the football to one side we got a lot of good stuff going for us off the park,academy,stand, etc .. you can see what we are doing is to increase revenue streams moving forward - once everything is paid for, stand, club etc we will have the third biggest turnover in the land .. the sheep are relying on sole benefactors at the moment which isn't a regular stream of money ... financially it could be a game changer once the conveyor belt is producing the best young talent in the land to supplement quality and no quantity in the 1st team squad 

f... that vermin shite, if I'm totally honest and as much as I despise the wee ginger faced basket case, lennon, probably he's the only reason they are where they are at the moment ... he will f... off soon enough hopefully and probably come the summer when McGinns sold and mcgeouch goes to the sheep, watch the burn then as it will be downhill all the way for them 

1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

All true, mate. My issue was with the lost the support comment. Stated as fact rather than an opinion or eventual outcome. Typical of his hyperbole.

I'm always wary of polls. In the days before big ST uptakes, it was easier to gauge support. Look at the debates on here re. attendance numbers. 

Saturday will be given as around 16K. There will be nowhere near that in the ground. If we, then, sell the same amount for next season, that will be an endorsement of Levein. Simple as that.

32 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I don't believe that for a second, however there are a lot of kids in here who have a habit of acting in black and white terms. 

No-one can critise the validity of the poll here, especially when a large enough sample have voted. 

What it does do though, is to only reflect the views of JKB members and not the wider Hearts support.

If you think back. When the whole stadium was up in arms, at the end of Cathro's games and social media was going into meltdown, there was still a hard core of 50% on JKB wanting Cathro to remain in place. 

To see 26% of supporters on here wanting Levein out, is frankly incredible and once you have lost the support you don't ever get them back. This is only going to go one way. 

There is a definite feeling of prolonging the inevitable here. 

You're all over the place here. You claim it's only relevant to those on JKB then bang on about Levein losing 26% of JKB which will lead to him losing the whole support. What? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Theres a poll on another fans forum with over 750 votes. 

93% want Levein gone. 

Just shows this place is littered with Hibs fans. 

No, no it doesn't.

13 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

From Levien's 14/5/14 EEN interview....He is nothing if not clear on the kind of environment he wishes to create at Riccarton. From signing players right down to the colour of the toilet roll, Levein gives the impression he will be all over everything.“John Murray is going back to scouting. He was my scout here all those years ago and he is fantastic at it. He will look for players and write a profile for each position – what kind of player we are looking for.“We will identify different characteristics for each position. He will look for those type of players and I will sit down and have a look at them then we will present three or four to Robbie and say, ‘what do you think?’ He might say we can do better than that.“We don’t want Robbie going to watch a player in Holland three times. We will let Robbie do the coaching. He will tell us what he wants, we will try and find it for him and if he says no we go and find someone else.”

An exception was Sow whom was a Alexander recommendation.

The quality of the signings might improve a bit now that he is in the direct firing line however I dont think the over cautious tactics will change, if he's still in place next season.

Cmon JB, that was the DOF plan to help identify players for the 1st team coach .. he is in the firing line now so he will be bringing his own players in that he thinks will make us better 

I don't disagree with anyone when they say they would rather see us adopt a more attacking strategy on the park .. I'm the same .. where I disagree is the reason why, some think it's Craig's way to be negative with his tactics .. I think it's purely to do with the personnel we have at the moment 

10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Cmon JB, that was the DOF plan to help identify players for the 1st team coach .. he is in the firing line now so he will be bringing his own players in that he thinks will make us better 

I don't disagree with anyone when they say they would rather see us adopt a more attacking strategy on the park .. I'm the same .. where I disagree is the reason why, some think it's Craig's way to be negative with his tactics .. I think it's purely to do with the personnel we have at the moment 

That is the way I see it - we haven't had the players to play the attacking game we wanted.  We need width and pace to attack teams at speed but really don't have those sorts of players.

I would say that this everyone back at corners thing just doesn't work for me and invites more pressure on the defence with no out ball.

10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

As regards your last sentence, I would agree but the 4-0 whipping of the green menace put that view in the spotlight. The personnel were instructed to play a certain way and destroyed the demons.

The irony is, if he had other personnel at his disposal that day, we wouldn't have witnessed one of the best days at Tynecastle in many, many years.

Jingle Bells
5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The on the job trainee head coach( boot room) strategy/scheme was never going to work long term.

Not really, they have already been Levein approved players, which we have signed to date, in most cases.

Don't forget 1975 Its also Levein's strategy to have the team/club  playing in the same exact style from top to bottom.

Its a pity that its in such a negative manner.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

As regards your last sentence, I would agree but the 4-0 whipping of the green menace put that view in the spotlight. The personnel were instructed to play a certain way and destroyed the demons.

The irony is, if he had other personnel at his disposal that day, we wouldn't have witnessed one of the best days at Tynecastle in many, many years.

I really don't get why people are using that game as if that was the norm.   The reality is that with little more than a defence we can't expect to do much better than narrow wins or draws.

Just now, frankblack said:

I really don't get why people are using that game as if that was the norm.   The reality is that with little more than a defence we can't expect to do much better than narrow wins or draws.

Sorry, disagree.

We can't, on one hand, say we don't have the personnel then witness the same personnel playing a high press game that destroyed the best team in the League. Why can't the support expect the same tactics on a regular basis ?

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think we had the opportunity to get in behind the tic defence because they came out that day to attack us and left gaps .. I'm not so sure that when other teams sit in a bit more and play us that we have the necessary player with skill who can take men on or player with pace that can get in behind their defence when they do sit in and that's what we need to rectify in the summer - we see so many attacks breaking down in the final third and when was the last time you seen a winger or wing back hitting the byline whipping balls into the centre? Someone in the middle of the park with vision playing players into space ... box to box type getting in on the end of crosses etc etc 

Get these players in and we will create more chances and score more goals 

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I think we had the opportunity to get in behind the tic defence because they came out that day to attack us and left gaps .. I'm not so sure that when other teams sit in a bit more and play us that we have the necessary player with skill who can take men on or player with pace that can get in behind their defence when they do sit in and that's what we need to rectify in the summer - we see so many attacks breaking down in the final third and when was the last time you seen a winger or wing back hitting the byline whipping balls into the centre? Someone in the middle of the park with vision playing players into space ... box to box type getting in on the end of crosses etc etc 

Get these players in and we will create more chances and score more goals 

Sorry, disagree with that also. I don't think our current results are a consequence of other teams sitting in. Quite the opposite in fact.

8 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

The on the job trainee head coach( boot room) strategy/scheme was never going to work long term.

Not really, they have already been Levein approved players, which we have signed to date, in most cases.

Don't forget 1975 Its also Levein's strategy to have the team/club  playing in the same exact style from top to bottom.

Its a pity that its in such a negative manner.

I was never really in favour of the DOF role in the first place, if I'm honest.. probably more so because I don't fully understand it and because I like transparency where accountability is involved .. I'm not going to argue this piece out with you 

Levein approved players doesn't mean that they are Leveins players or if he had been managing at the time would have been players he would have signed .. if this was the case why then did he set about dismantling Catbros side if if these were players that he wanted to bring in anyway?

Blinded loyalty in letting Cathro bring them in was the problem and which he has to take a degree of responsibility for .. but taking responsibility IE him stepping back into the dugout is commended and we should give him this summer to get it right 

necessary personnel changes in the summer will allow us to change the way we play .. I honestly think this 

14 hours ago, XB52 said:

Thankfully you are in a minority of Hearts fans

I think it is you that is in a minority of 2 if you don't think our football and results are terrible.

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, disagree with that also. I don't think our current results are a consequence of other teams sitting in. Quite the opposite in fact.

Boab, what I'm saying is that when was the last time you saw some width and pace in the wide areas?

when was the last time you saw midfield runners taking players on and getting into the box?

when was the last time we had 3 on 2 or 4 on 3 ? When was the last time we got in behind ...

we we lack pace, creativity and width, my view is and given when CL took over he needed to shore us up and quickly as under cathro we were shipping goals left right and centre ... he brought in Jon, adao, Mitchell and Naismith (good players got this right) if he ripped up the whole team at the same time he could have set us back ... I think part 1 of the plan was to make us hard to beat, Part2 is to make us an attacking threat but he hasn't had enough time to realise part 2 

maybe with the tic game we just peaked, fitness and player availability at that point was good, we didn't really have anyone out ... Cochrane Laff Souttar Berra and milinkovic had blinders that day ... 

I just don't buy the theory that Craig would send out an attacking side, pump the best team in the league by a country mile and put them to the sword and then set the side up the following week to be defensive again and lose or draw .... where is the sense in this ? Is this what people really think or could there be other reasons attached

Jingle Bells
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I was never really in favour of the DOF role in the first place, if I'm honest.. probably more so because I don't fully understand it and because I like transparency where accountability is involved .. I'm not going to argue this piece out with you 

Levein approved players doesn't mean that they are Leveins players or if he had been managing at the time would have been players he would have signed .. if this was the case why then did he set about dismantling Catbros side if if these were players that he wanted to bring in anyway?

Blinded loyalty in letting Cathro bring them in was the problem and which he has to take a degree of responsibility for .. but taking responsibility IE him stepping back into the dugout is commended and we should give him this summer to get it right 

necessary personnel changes in the summer will allow us to change the way we play .. I honestly think this 

We all see it differently 1975 thats part of the fun of football, We'll find out soon enough whose right or wrong.

Amen to paragraph 1

Possibly to stubbonly try and prove that he was right and everyone else was wrong with the Cathro appointment and said Trainee Head Coach scheme?

We took far to long to get rid of him. Let's hope the same mistake isn't being repeated.

8 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Boab, what I'm saying is that when was the last time you saw some width and pace in the wide areas?

when was the last time you saw midfield runners taking players on and getting into the box?

when was the last time we had 3 on 2 or 4 on 3 ? When was the last time we got in behind ...

we we lack pace, creativity and width, my view is and given when CL took over he needed to shore us up and quickly as under cathro we were shipping goals left right and centre ... he brought in Jon, adao, Mitchell and Naismith (good players got this right) if he ripped up the whole team at the same time he could have set us back ... I think part 1 of the plan was to make us hard to beat, Part2 is to make us an attacking threat but he hasn't had enough time to realise part 2 

maybe with the tic game we just peaked, fitness and player availability at that point was good, we didn't really have anyone out ... Cochrane Laff Souttar Berra and milinkovic had blinders that day ... 

I just don't buy the theory that Craig would send out an attacking side, pump the best team in the league by a country mile and put them to the sword and then set the side up the following week to be defensive again and lose or draw .... where is the sense in this ? Is this what people really think or could there be other reasons attached

I haven't seen much in the play you've described in your first paragraph lately. The reasons perplex me as the demon game proved we do have the personnel to go toe to toe with the best in the country. Maybe it was a one-off, a day when it clicked but watching some games since that, leaves me wondering why we set ourselves up against lesser teams without the urgency of that day.

It's frustrating because i'm sure we all thought we were onto a game after that result.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Sorry, disagree.

We can't, on one hand, say we don't have the personnel then witness the same personnel playing a high press game that destroyed the best team in the League. Why can't the support expect the same tactics on a regular basis ?

Maybe because it doesn't work when teams sit behind the ball and try and counter attack you?

Also, Celtic showed they were better prepared for it when we played them at Parkhead.  Had they scored first the game at Tynie could have gone 0-4 instead.

Edited by frankblack

2 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

Agree with this. This whole ‘I speak for the entire support’ bullshit, usually based on what they and their handful of mates think is tragic as ****.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Souttar didn't play against celtic mate, it was Michael Smith and Berra as centre backs IIRC

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I've supported Hearts since my first game a 5-1 win over Aberdeen in 1958 believe me i know many more than 21 Hearts fans.

Great - that’s some support! Do you create an environment where people are comfortable with telling you the truth about how they feel or do they tell you what you want to hear??

26% might seem like it's pretty much cut and dry that we all love levein but can you imagine a quarter of tynecastle booing and demonstrating for him to pack his bags?? It's a bit of a statement from the fans if you ask me 

The majority of the support will always back the manager especially if he's a club legend 

The fans that want him out all wanted him to succeed 

To me it's actually pretty damming that there's actually a poll at all whether CL stays or goes and when a quarter of the fans want him out that's also pretty grim 

Edited by Gazbo

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Great - that’s some support! Do you create an environment where people are comfortable with telling you the truth about how they feel or do they tell you what you want to hear??

?

This is a very astute question...

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Gazbo said:

26% might seem like it's pretty much cut and dry that we all love levein but can you imagine a quarter of tynecastle booing and demonstrating for him to pack his bags?? It's a bit of a statement from the fans if you ask me 

The majority of the support will always back the manager especially if he's a club legend 

Nothing against you bud but I don't actually believe the bit in bold.  There are a handful on here who are so bitter that they have been frothing at the mouth absolutely desperate for him to fail.  I also believe that there are quite a few vermin infesting the board right now.  

10 minutes ago, Gazbo said:

To me it's actually pretty damming that there's actually a poll at all whether CL stays or goes and when a quarter of the fans want him out that's also pretty grim 

See every manager we’ve had for the entire time I’ve supported Hearts? That’s MacDonanld to Levein... I reckon almost every single one had a sizeable minority who held the opposite opinion to the majority of the wider support.

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nothing against you bud but I don't actually believe the bit in bold.  There are a handful on here who are so bitter that they have been frothing at the mouth absolutely desperate for him to fail.  I also believe that there are quite a few vermin infesting the board right now.  

This is exactly right. Many had him starting with a negative score and thought he had to prove himself to reach par.

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I just think there's loads of factors to be put in to the polls percentages mate and I am just find it weird that fans of the club want a club legend to fail 

It's all about opinions I guess ?

jack D and coke

There’s no way the percentages are a guide as to the feelings of the support. Plenty of people have put Yes purely for now and are willing to cut him some slack. It’s maybe stupid to do that but only time will tell. That 75% or so will tumble in spectacular fashion is this turgid shit football continues. 

Felix Lighter
On 3/14/2018 at 14:25, XB52 said:

replies about 3 to 1 negative, poll 3 to 1 positive.  True what they say about empty vessels 

There is more to it though, considering the poll is a black and white choice though.If a poster wants to elaborate on why they voted a certain way they have to post on the thread.

What I've taken from this thread is the majority of folk are unhappy at,both the way the season has panned out, and the style of football on show.Add in the caveats the majority of the stay voters are throwing in,it appears a large number of those stay voters who have subsequently posted are giving Levein one transfer window to sort it.It's hardly the ringing endorsement the poll suggests is it?

FWIW, I took the trouble of going back through the thread to try and flesh out the numbers and provide a more accurate picture rather than the black and white question the poll asks.

So, broken down into three categories as 'Definitive Stay', 'Definitive Go' and 'Stay,But...',

Self explanatory I hope.

21 votes , 26 votes , 40 votes respectively.

So percentage wise thats 70-30 which closely matches the poll.If our season collapses even more and Levein doesn't get it right early doors those wavering will turn very quickly.

Edited by Felix Lighter
Didn't mean to quote XB52

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s no way the percentages are a guide as to the feelings of the support. Plenty of people have put Yes purely for now and are willing to cut him some slack. It’s maybe stupid to do that but only time will tell. That 75% or so will tumble in spectacular fashion is this turgid shit football continues. 

Exactly and if the question was are you happy with how the manager is running the club it wouldn't be 74% yes 

At the end of the day a quarter of the support is still a massive percentage who are so pissed off with him they have to vote no 

49 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It pays to listen to friends workmates family ect and this forum and its poll doesn't resemble what fans are saying in the workplace home pubs & clubs.

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Completely agree mate. It’s just a case of cutting some slack to a guy who we know can be a great manager, at a time where it’s all a wee bit stacked against him. If we don’t improve, I’ll want a change too.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Maybe because it doesn't work when teams sit behind the ball and try and counter attack you?

Also, Celtic showed they were better prepared for it when we played them at Parkhead.  Had they scored first the game at Tynie could have gone 0-4 instead.

I'm not so sure most teams have done that. Not recently anyway.

The last two games being a good example of that.

Jingle Bells
25 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Completely agree mate. It’s just a case of cutting some slack to a guy who we know can be a great manager, at a time where it’s all a wee bit stacked against him. If we don’t improve, I’ll want a change too.

Do you want to give him up until he retires to try and prove that and then give him an honorary position on the board when he doesn't?

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Boab said:

I'm always wary of polls. In the days before big ST uptakes, it was easier to gauge support. Look at the debates on here re. attendance numbers. 

Saturday will be given as around 16K. There will be nowhere near that in the ground. If we, then, sell the same amount for next season, that will be an endorsement of Levein. Simple as that.

Fair points, mate.

Worrying that people are actually in favour of this continuing into next season!  Genuinely what do you see changing after the summer with him in charge? Free flowing attacking football? I think not.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I'm not so sure most teams have done that. Not recently anyway.

The last two games being a good example of that.

We don't have Djoum or Mitchell to give a little bit of supply to our strikers.

4 hours ago, Boab said:

I think we will still sell close to 14k next season as Hearts fans follow Hearts not a manager.