***Official Motherwell v Hearts thread***

GorgieBootBoy74

2 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Most important game of the season so far and you are happy with an untried  youngster and Randall as wing backs. 

Randall has been abysmal every single game he has been played anywhere other than a traditional left back. 

Hopefully this all comes off, but it once again seems to defy logic. 

Hahaha your joking mate. I agree he was shocking in the middle but i think he is great when going down the wing.

Im not overly pleased with godinho starting but levein has clearly seen enough in training to believe he deserves a place. So ill judge him after the game

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucille's Thirsty
3 minutes ago, WalterWhite said:

Playing for the draw that line up. It's a cup game nearly 5k hearts fans should be attacking from the off. 

Our strength this season has been our defence we aren’t a team especially away from home that’s going to create a lot of chances and win 4-0 which I would love. We are made for defend and try and nick it. We have no midfield at all this season the quality in that position is our poorest area. 

We don’t have lots of midfield options. I think it’s as attacking as we can be .Let’s get behind the guys today. Mon the hearts

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

2 up top. I disagree

Naismith will probably get sucked into the midfield 

Levein understands how important this tie is, & I'm confident we'll progress. 

Right behind the team, regardless of the odd surprise in the line up. 

'Mon the Famous! 

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Most important game of the season so far and you are happy with an untried  youngster and Randall as wing backs. 

Randall has been abysmal every single game he has been played anywhere other than a traditional left back. 

Randall's a right back, but you bash on with your positive vibes anyway.

Lucille's Thirsty
4 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Randall is a right back! 

Walter Kidd
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not loving that team. Randall doesn't add much offensively playing at wing back as opposed to full back. Who knows how Godinho will do but losing Mitchell a real blow especially with this formation. Midfield lacks creativity. At his age Cochrane will blow hot and cold. Thought Tuesday was one of his poorest games. Naismith and Lafferty will work hard and take chances if they get them, but lack pace to create much.

Souttar back a positive. I thought we saw on Tuesday how much we missed his willingness to carry ball out from the back. Made it much easier for Killie to cover full backs and force us to pass it about at back before going long. My only concern is if Adao comes as deep as he did on Tuesday to collect the ball (often standing next to Berra or Hughes to collect from McLaughlin) this could nullify Souttar's ability to carry forward.

Still hope we have too much for Well, but looks like another team for a 1-0 rather than 4-3. Lose a goal and I don't think we'll win the game, which means no sloppy moments like Tuesday.

Down negative man, down

Escobar PHM

I dont think we can actually put out a team that is much better than that. We're lacking quality, pace and width no matter who starts. Its all about how offensive we want to be. Ive backed a draw on my coupon. I can't see many goals in this and it could be a snorefest.I hope we get right in amongst them from the start but I just can't see Levein doing that.

5 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Ffs??????

1 minute ago, Mister Dee said:

Levein understands how important this tie is, & I'm confident we'll progress. 

Right behind the team, regardless of the odd surprise in the line up. 

'Mon the Famous! 

:thumbsup:

Very surprised Godinho's in ahead of Smith, is this his 1st start for the 1st team? Huge game to throw him into either way. 

Bundle of nerves now. Hope we at least have a go, but that midfield really is a worry. 

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

2 up top. I disagree

Ha! Let’s wait and see. I’d imagine Naismith will play quite far away from Lafferty but hopefully not. 

August Landmesser
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

I dont think we can actually put out a team that is much better than that. We're lacking quality, pace and width no matter who starts. Its all about how offensive we want to be. Ive backed a draw on my coupon. I can't see many goals in this and it could be a snorefest.I hope we get right in amongst them from the start but I just can't see Levein doing that.

If the young team are in full voice, then we'll be pretty offensive :ninja:

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Randall is a right back! 

Of course he is and he himself even indicated that he prefers traditional right back rather than wing back in media recently. 

6 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

You truely defy logic!!! That is probably up there with your most ludicrous statements ever 

Naismith may well have to drop deep but that could be a positive.    We don't have box to box, dynamic types in there so we need bodies instead.    

7 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Did we not have an untried midfielder in for the 4-0 celtic win ?

20 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Randall is a defender not a wing back. No idea about Godinho, but it yet again looks like a team with no width that will be relying on high balls to Lafferty.

Kinda looks like that 

gashauskis9
8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Dreamt last night that Laff hammered a penalty home in the last minute to win the game.

I also dreamt that my dog had hands though, so I dunno...

This your dog?

D3BC2ABE-6100-45C0-8006-DF4DDB8ADB54.gif

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, All Out Attack said:

Of course he is and he himself even indicated that he prefers traditional right back rather than wing back in media recently. 

I would think playing as a wing back would be better than playing RB with 4 other bodies behind you, less responsibility.

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Down negative man, down

Ha. True. On the train on my own. I normally go through a negative phase about this stage. Once In meet up with others at the ground and get in amongst 4,500 other Jambos I'll be back to positivity and secretly believing this is the game we will click and score a battle load.

All Out Attack
Just now, DC_92 said:

The best games I can recall Randall having were at wing-back.

You haven't been to many then

Lucille's Thirsty

The balls are pumping now the closer you get to a semi, you start to want it even more. HHGH.

North Berwick Jambo

We will do this today, 5000 Jambos on the march, they are beatable, trip to Hampden for the semi against Killie or the Dons as a reward in the draw....

Fine 3-1 win for the Hearts :happy: 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This your dog?

D3BC2ABE-6100-45C0-8006-DF4DDB8ADB54.gif

Oh sweet merciful Jesus that will give me nightmares. Thanks.

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

The best games I can recall Randall having were at wing-back.

100% he was a 9/10 against dundee in this role

Walter Bishop
11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

2 up top. I disagree

Ill be first to hold my hands up but there is no way Naismith will play upfront. 

1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

He prefers fullback/wingback to midfield where Cathro wanted him to play. Not usually the big problem but missing Mitchell could be.

August Landmesser
Just now, Victorian said:

:)   we can't lose now.   

Doginho.

Lucille's Thirsty

Randall had his best game as someone mentioned above in midfield but that was against Celtic and I don’t think any one of our players had a bad game.

1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

Maybe you should go back tae bed and close your curtains. Wake up at 4pm and hopefully feel a bit mare positive. Jesus wept

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

We will do this today, 5000 Jambos on the march, they are beatable, trip to Hampden for the semi against Killie or the Dons as a reward in the draw....

Fine 3-1 win for the Hearts :happy: 

You’re being silly if we get through we are getting Celtic.

2 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I also don't remember him ever playing left-back for us so you must have been to more than me.

The fact we start with godhino is enough for me to say we are not starting negatively. I’d love to see some posters team selections

Tynecastlesmychurch

Really can't stomach going out to Motherwell when we're this close to getting back to hampden. 

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Motherwell as I think they are a decent outfit. But we should be beating them. Our budget has let us bring in players like Berra, McLaughlin, Naismith and Lafferty etc. We're bringing just shy of five thousand supporters their. 

Please boys! Please don't let us down today!

All Out Attack

Mitchell still  injured according to Banderson so Godinho playing. 

He will be a right footed left back apparently. 

14 minutes ago, WalterWhite said:

Playing for the draw that line up. It's a cup game nearly 5k hearts fans should be attacking from the off. 

14 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

That midfield for me is just terrible. It must be up there with one of the weakest in the league. Hopefully the quality keeper, defence and decent strikers will negate the lack of quality in midfield.

Almost always the meager count posters that leap on the team sheet with criticism before a ball is even kicked. How odd that they are never seen after wins, as if sowing doubt and criticising and moaning is more important to them than us winning.

Strange breed of "fan". 

Milinkovic always seems to be the one to make way or be subbed despite being in decent form.

No width out there, looks like we will be trying to keep this tight again.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Bighenry said:

The fact we start with godhino is enough for me to say we are not starting negatively. I’d love to see some posters team selections

This.  My understanding is that he is an attack minded player so a better replacement than Smith.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, The Merse said:

Milinkovic always seems to be the one to make way or be subbed despite being in decent form.

I think he's a more effective player from the bench. 

Bridge of Djoum
17 minutes ago, WalterWhite said:

Why would 5k Hearts fans be attacking? And who would they be attacking?

Lucille's Thirsty
1 minute ago, The Merse said:

I think Milinkovic is an impact player if I’ve ever seen one, when given a full game he seems to be influential. But coming on tired defenders, he’ll make a difference.

All Out Attack

Banderson in twitter

Marcus Godinho makes his Hearts debut at Fir Park. Expected to play left wing-back. He's a 20-year-old Canadian who normally plays right-back but is filling in with Demetri Mitchell injured. Big task going directly up against #Motherwell's Chris Cadden.

Archived