***Official Motherwell v Hearts thread***

GorgieBootBoy74

Captain Sausage

Disappointing to go out, but fair play to Motherwell and particularly that strike to win it. Fine margins. 

The disallowed goal was correct, so nothing further to discuss. Their first goal was absolute schoolboy stuff from Callaghan. Whether McLauchlin called for it or not, that ball gets put into the stands. Embarrassing decision from a player who is not good enough for Hearts. 

Our pen was good play from Naismith and a confident finish. Lafferty was desperately unlucky not to score again soon after. 

Their winner was a moment of sheer brilliance, absolute class and nothing John could’ve done about it. 

In terms of tactics, we should’ve started with Milinkovic, he was the best player on the park by miles. We had the chances to win the game, which highlights how good some of our players are. We effectively play with 3/4 men down. McLaughlin, Berra, Souttar, Hughes, Adao, Milinkovic, Lafferty and Naismith. Randall, Cochrane and Callaghan were terrible, while Godinho and was pretty meh. 

The lack of midfield cost us, not for the first time this season. It’s a shame, as Djoum and Adao would make the ideal midfield duo for Cochrane to learn from.

Expecting Cochrane to deliver week in week out is too much and his form has nose dived as a result. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

Budge made this mess. She is a disgrace and must go now.

ANy money Rudi haunts you in your sleep 

William H. Bonney
18 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

They had less than 3000 fans in attendance today. Less than 3000.

as do most teams we visit. it means **** all. 

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, Bristol jamboree 10 said:

Budge made this mess. She is a disgrace and must go now.

:cornette::berra::notsure::bolt:

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

'I was actually thinking whether we should try and change things and try and win it in those last few minutes'

If thats his exact words, its a shameful statement and it tells you exactly why he has to go before the summer.

2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

?

FTH 1-5

Slow clap mods...

Tommy Brown

Right guys, enough

we need another couple of volounteers to help with a draw on another thread.

chop chop

weekend offender
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

They had less than 3000 fans in attendance today. Less than 3000.

Aye but they had 11 players who want to win, but I know what you mean

maroonedinoz

Don’t see many games over here but sat up until after 1-00am to watch it live.

First half performance had me wishing I had went to bed, but after the equaliser thought we were going to go on and win it, until we seemed to run out of puff as the end drew near.

Don’t want to single out players, but it was clear to me that the game was always going to be a rough and tumble one, on a heavy pitch, with silky football being at a premium.

Some stood up, some didn’t impress.

Not the end of the world, but did expect we would still be in the cup after this game.

Work to be done in the off season.

I was sat in the main stand and it was bloody depressing watching that today. If we can' t keep Naismith we are fecked. Best player on the pitch. Berra had a tough game - it was brutal at times. Hughes is powder puff defensively. Felt sorry for Harry - shoulda been hooked due to fatigue. Randall played his heart out. Callaghan does not even look like a footballer.  Laff is a laugh but not in a good way. Clearly not fit for 90 mins. So many bad choices from him, even Naismith had  a go at him twice. There is so much lacking in that team it is frightening. First half performance was scandalous. Do we even practice delivery of free kicks. Fans deserved so much more .

We're all pig sick after that. But football is a game of fine margins.  Callachan won't make that mistake again.  After a rank first half we go it together. Laffertys shot against the post is about 2 inches from going in. Then their keeper pulls off a wonderful save.  And if we go 2-1 up I guarantee we're still in the cup. And their winner?  The boy could try that again a million times and he won't score again.  Everyone would then be praising Hearts resilience as we stretch our long unbeaten run. Other than Darkheid.    We were unlucky today. That's the bottom line.  How many chances did they create?  We are not far away from being a good side and I fully expect us to pass Hibs and Aberdeen next season.       Having patience is never easy!!

6 hours ago, 8ac said:

We're all pig sick after that. But football is a game of fine margins.  Callachan won't make that mistake again.  After a rank first half we go it together. Laffertys shot against the post is about 2 inches from going in. Then their keeper pulls off a wonderful save.  And if we go 2-1 up I guarantee we're still in the cup. And their winner?  The boy could try that again a million times and he won't score again.  Everyone would then be praising Hearts resilience as we stretch our long unbeaten run. Other than Darkheid.    We were unlucky today. That's the bottom line.  How many chances did they create?  We are not far away from being a good side and I fully expect us to pass Hibs and Aberdeen next season.       Having patience is never easy!!

I feel the same

6 hours ago, 8ac said:

Spot on buddy. A sickner but some much needed perspective in your post. 

On a slightly different tack, why on earth was everybody in the lower section standing for the whole game yesterday. I just don't get why nobody wants to sit down when there's a seat available. It doesn't add anything to the game/atmosphere etc imo so why not take the more comfortable option and jump up to celebrate a goal, scream for a penalty etc.  

20 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Adoa hits the ball and it hits a well players face and lands at a well players feet in the build up to the winner which is hit by a player who never scores never mind with his wrong foot - ye canny make that shit up - oh and feck the BBC the shittiest sports TV programme on earth .

and 3 minutes injury time is just a bent referee 

As I said in the  Adao thread: the ball was throw square across the field to Adao when Souttar should have thrown it down the line to Godinho. I think Adao was a bit startled but he hooked the ball straight up field (about 2 feet) straight into the face of McHugh the goal scorer.

The ball ricocheted up field the cross goes over, Berra heads out and the rest is history. I am a big fan of Souttar but none of this happens if the ball isn't throw square across the park in our own half.

colinmaroon
On 04/03/2018 at 18:49, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Just back in the house with my tea, beast of a drive. Thought we played well in the 2nd half but that strike was a moment of magic and that was the fine margin. If that goes over we take them back to Tynie and we go to Hampden.

That said, their first goal was a shocker from all involved, especially McLaughlin.

Especially Callachan, who sold McLaughlin the perfect dummy!!!

Archived