***Official Motherwell v Hearts thread***

GorgieBootBoy74

28 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Surely this isn’t going ahead? 

Surely you’re joking? Pitch is fine, main roads are fine so why would the game not be on?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

This is a really tough one to call; definitely winnable for both teams. For me it has 1-1 written all over it though. I'd actually take that right now, get them back to Tynecastle and finish off the job. A semi-final is at stake here so let's actually go out and attack them. We have a superior squad to Motherwell.

I can see your point but I'd rather we climbed another hurdle by turning up to put in a good away performance and win. 

Attitude and how we start away matches is important.  We have the players, just need the set up and will to be positive.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Interestingly I went to an event last week where Rasmussen Andersen spoke about precisely this sort of thing. Because football is such a low scoring game the result of a game is much more subject to being influenced much more significantly by random events and influencers.

He gave a really interesting analysis of why the season after Newcastle finished 5th a few seasons back this was followed by them being 19th the next season and why such a fall was statistically predictable.

Absolutely.   Since we are currently a low scoring team,  the avoidance of avoidable conceded goals becomes paramount.    As does avoiding red cards.      I would love us to have a wide margin for error and be able to 'out score' teams and to be good enough tk dominate games with 10 men.    But it's unrealistic right now.

The obvious,  cardinal sins of red cards and gifted goals are absolutely vital for us.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Absolutely.   Since we are currently a low scoring team,  the avoidance of avoidable conceded goals becomes paramount.    As does avoiding red cards.      I would love us to have a wide margin for error and be able to 'out score' teams and to be good enough tk dominate games with 10 men.    But it's unrealistic right now.

The obvious,  cardinal sins of red cards and gifted goals are absolutely vital for us.

Spellcheck got me - Rasmus Ankersen, director at Brentford.

If I have time later i’ll post a summary of the analysis. It was fascinating. 

Just now, Jammy T said:

Spellcheck got me - Rasmus Ankersen, director at Brentford.

If I have time later i’ll post a summary of the analysis. It was fascinating. 

Hope so.   It sounds interesting.     Not one for the 'git it up ra park' gang though.    :)

Not really feeling confident about this. Maybe I'll subconsciously channeling the feeling from after JJ's (I think) first game back when we lost at Well. Time to hit the road!

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Surely you’re joking? Pitch is fine, main roads are fine so why would the game not be on?

I know mate. Some people's ass cheeks start trembling when they see a wee bit snow :laugh:

scott herbertson
41 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

A week on Wednesday if either of today's games require a replay.

Cheers

Thought Police

Reprinted or uncollected tickets can be collected from the South Stand at 12:30

I think they have to be favourites through home advantage tbh. We are not so far ahead of them that we can be expecting to go there three sheets to the wind and and just blow them out the water. It’ll be a close and scrappy cup tie.

Got a feeling we will cruise this with a comfortable 2-0 win.

The Future's Maroon
56 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If there was a replay, given we have Hibs on Friday, when would it take place ?

I read yesterday it was going to be Tuesday, leaving us 72hrs to play Well & Hibs.....unless that has been changed?

Very confident,  with great backing from 5,000+ away support, get right in their faces from the first whistle, that's a must, if we want a semi-final spot

1-3

HHGH 

maroonsgotop
4 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I read yesterday it was going to be Tuesday, leaving us 72hrs to play Well & Hibs.....unless that has been changed?

13th March I believe for a replay

gowestjambo

Snow flurries in East Kilbride, but does not seem too bad. Once past the frozen waste of Harthill, the roads appear to be ok.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Snow flurries in East Kilbride, but does not seem too bad. Once past the frozen waste of Harthill, the roads appear to be ok.

Met Office forecasting Snow from about 3pm in Motherwell.

jimmy the jambo

I’ve just been on the M8 heading to Renfrew to pick my nephew up before a u turn to Motherwell & it’s pretty good condition,Hopefully the roads from Newhouse & Eurocentral are okay? 

Anybody have suggestions foe reliable streams for those abroad? Thanks

2-1 Hearts

GorgieRules22

Sitting about 5 minutes walk from the stadium and it's not snowing, freezing cold though.

Judge Fudge

Dealing  with their aerial bombardment which is one of our main strengths should see us through in a game with lots of fouls and cards. 2-0 Naismith,Callachan

Sexton Hardcastle

Need to score first. We rarely come from losing positions.

1-2 Hearts. Late penalty in front of the away end.

Wifh Djoum I'd be really confident 

Lack of midfield options and failure to create / take chances may come back to 

haunt us 

Hopefully the support do their bit but it needs the team to respond too , as we'll fall pretty quiet if we start poorly

1-1

29 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yes, if the game was postponed.

Escobar PHM
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I can see your point but I'd rather we climbed another hurdle by turning up to put in a good away performance and win. 

Attitude and how we start away matches is important.  We have the players, just need the set up and will to be positive.

Motherwell get one bite at this. For them to go through requires us NOT to turn up. Having said that we frequently don't turn up. I can't believe we'll do that today. Simply not an option with 5000 travelling in this sort of weather.

Start quickly. Be positive. Defend properly. Take the chances. Job done.

Shanks said no

Jumped in my car that has sat in the drive for a week, won't start, so it looks like I'll be watching on TV.

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Dunks said:

Before Hearts, when has Lafferty scored 15 in a season?

Who gives a flying, and what's that got to do with wanting our top goal scorer dropped?

19 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

Anybody have suggestions foe reliable streams for those abroad? Thanks

2-1 Hearts

If you can get it try BBC iplayer as game is live on BBC Scotland

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know mate. Some people's ass cheeks start trembling when they see a wee bit snow :laugh:

The reaction to the weather has really wound you up this week hasn’t it? :lol::D

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The reaction to the weather has really wound you up this week hasn’t it? :lol::D

Just a wee bit ;)

The Future's Maroon
18 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Yes, if the game was postponed.

That's right, my mistake.

Cheers.

I think we'll be up for this. Levein doesnt want a replay on tuesday and will do his best to make sure that doesnt happen

Thought Police
5 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

I think we'll be up for this. Levein doesnt want a replay on tuesday and will do his best to make sure that doesnt happen

Replay would be on Wednesday 14th I think

Bunny Munro

If this game was postponed then the game would be played on Tuesday.

Regardless of this, the reply will be a week on Wednesday if required.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

Replay would be on Wednesday 14th I think

Oh my bad. The snows driving me insane!!!

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

If this game was postponed then the game would be played on Tuesday.

Regardless of this, the reply will be a week on Wednesday if required.

Fair enough

sairyinthat
20 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Just in Motherwell now and the roads are good and no bother getting through 

Water is dripping from my roof gutter here in  Corstorphine  even though there are random snowflakes.Wonder what that means.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Light drizzle with occasional flake. Nae warm all the same 

Start work at 2pm but hoping to get glimpses of game on telebox...

Very nervous it has to be said...

Cmon Hearts, massive away following dictates nobody on the park can give less than 100%....

Dont feck this up boys!!!!!!!!

Fozzyonthefence

I’ll  take a scruffy 0-0 but got a feeling we’ll be out the cup later this afternoon. We’ll start the game on the back foot as we usually do away from home. Got a very bad feeling about this.

Lucille's Thirsty

It just show the SC can bring excitement haven’t felt a nervousness about a Hearts game, I usually get this feeling when we play the vermin. 4.5K fans give them something please Hearts. Let’s get to semi final and play Celtic off the park. Or park the bus and nick it.

alwaysthereinspirit
41 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Need to score first. We rarely come from losing positions.

1-2 Hearts. Late penalty in front of the away end.

Who’s going to take it? Not sure I could handle Lafferty strolling up again.

Archived