***Official Motherwell v Hearts thread***

GorgieBootBoy74

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bunny Munro
4 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Hearing Berra is out today. 

Even seeing that on the teamsheet will give Motherwell a massive lift.

Tynecastlesmychurch
5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Hearing Berra is out today. 

Nooooooooooooo!

David McCaig
23 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Oh my bad. The snows driving me insane!!!

Hopefully Levein still has the team up for it though... Lol!!!

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Hopefully Levein still has the team up for it though... Lol!!!

He better....:lenny:

All Out Attack

Amankwaa and Milinkovic not starting, so we are not looking particularly offensive. 

Hope this is a high press high tempo performance. 

Hope to god I’m proved wrong here, but that team has done little for my confidence today. Was hoping we’d have a very similar team to the Killie game. No Cowie or Milinkovic is disappointing. As is playing Hughes.

fingers crossed that come full time Levein looks a genius and this post is being ridiculed. 

Just now, Victorian said:

3-5-2 with enough attacking threat and a decent bench.    

Randall is a defender not a wing back. No idea about Godinho, but it yet again looks like a team with no width that will be relying on high balls to Lafferty.

1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

Amankwaa and Milinkovic not starting, so we are not looking particularly offensive. 

Hope this is a high press high tempo performance. 

You can't do that against poor teams. (According to our coaches...)

Walter Bishop

Godhino over Smith? 

Overly cautious line up, best we can hope is a draw or a smash and grab 1-0. 

Just now, amadjambo said:

Randall is a defender not a wing back. No idea about Godinho, but it yet again looks like a team with no width that will be relying on high balls to Lafferty.

Yes it's a defensive 352.     Midfield is where this will be won and we have a solid looking midfield.

rudi must stay

Brave throwing in Godinho, interesting team. I think we'll need strong games from Lafferty and Naismith, as I don't rate that midfield

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Godhino over Smith? 

Overly cautious line up, best we can hope is a draw or a smash and grab 1-0. 

We’re not a team that scores for fun so what exactly where you expecting?

Lucille's Thirsty

We have no midfield at all. Cochrane long term will be a player but even with a four man midfield we just don’t have the quality. Come on Hearts. We are good in defence so praying we can nick a goal.

6 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

What’s up with Mitchell?

He pulled up against Killie and went off with a hamstring injury. My guess is they won’t want to risk him for the derby.

is Godinho a natural left back?

Don't often say this but CL has got this wrong. I don't think today is the day for untried youngsters. Also would have had Cowie in there aswell

27 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Who’s going to take it? Not sure I could handle Lafferty strolling up again.

Should have Naismith taking pens. Anyway I'm going for 2-0 us and another fine display by big Jon in goal.

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

We’re not a team that scores for fun so what exactly where you expecting?

A one off game, near 5000 Hearts fans roaring the team on, id expect us to have a go at very least. 

Dangerous game to play/team set up if we concede early. 

8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

He was immense in that position against dundee at the end of last year

Motherwell: Carson, Tait, Cadden, McHugh, Main, Dunne, Aldred, Kipré, Campbell, Çiftçi, Tanner Motherwell subs: Griffiths, Bigirimana, Frear, Bowman, Rose, Newell, Maguire

WalterWhite

Playing for the draw that line up. It's a cup game nearly 5k hearts fans should be attacking from the off. 

Don't really get the negative chat tbh. Mitchell out is obviously a miss but Amankwaa isn't fit, Naismith and Lafferty both starting and other than Milinkovic I'm not really sure who else we could have started to go more attacking.

Tough one to call this - I honestly have no idea how today is going to go. I wouldn't be devastated if it ended up in a replay back at Tynie tbh but with a packed away end and Lafferty hopefully keen to make up for the other night fingers crossed we can get the job done.

Optimistic 2-0 to us!

That midfield for me is just terrible. It must be up there with one of the weakest in the league. Hopefully the quality keeper, defence and decent strikers will negate the lack of quality in midfield.

Dave McCreery's knee

I like the line up. Solid at the back and hopefully  Randall and Godhino can  get forward and Cochrane can play further forward as well, where Djoum was playing recently. 

Lucille's Thirsty
9 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Randall is a right back, I would say playing as a wing back is not out of the ordinary for him having played there most of his time here, I’d go as far as saying a RB would prefer a wing back role as you’ve got less defensive responsibilities with 3 men behind you. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, WalterWhite said:

Playing for the draw that line up. It's a cup game nearly 5k hearts fans should be attacking from the off. 

2 up top. I disagree

Saint Jambo

Not loving that team. Randall doesn't add much offensively playing at wing back as opposed to full back. Who knows how Godinho will do but losing Mitchell a real blow especially with this formation. Midfield lacks creativity. At his age Cochrane will blow hot and cold. Thought Tuesday was one of his poorest games. Naismith and Lafferty will work hard and take chances if they get them, but lack pace to create much.

Souttar back a positive. I thought we saw on Tuesday how much we missed his willingness to carry ball out from the back. Made it much easier for Killie to cover full backs and force us to pass it about at back before going long. My only concern is if Adao comes as deep as he did on Tuesday to collect the ball (often standing next to Berra or Hughes to collect from McLaughlin) this could nullify Souttar's ability to carry forward.

Still hope we have too much for Well, but looks like another team for a 1-0 rather than 4-3. Lose a goal and I don't think we'll win the game, which means no sloppy moments like Tuesday.

August Landmesser
35 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Who’s going to take it? Not sure I could handle Lafferty strolling up again.

Dreamt last night that Laff hammered a penalty home in the last minute to win the game.

I also dreamt that my dog had hands though, so I dunno...

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, rudi must stay said:

2 up top. I disagree

I think Naismith will be CF a free roam IMO. 

More attacking options on the bench - if we're nil nil at 60/70 minutes Milinkovich and maybe Amankwaa could be the difference.  Hope we're a couple up before that though.  Really want Mitchell to be okay for Friday.

All Out Attack
5 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Im quite happy with the line up tbh. Feel like we play our best with 3 at the back

Most important game of the season so far and you are happy with an untried  youngster and Randall as wing backs. 

Randall has been abysmal every single game he has been played anywhere other than a traditional left back. 

Hopefully this all comes off, but it once again seems to defy logic. 

Archived