Motherwell Cup Tickets - Selt Oot!

August Landmesser

20 hours ago, His name is said:

The 2 Edinburgh to motherwell trains could be a bit busy 

Got my train tickets today but hopefully scotrail or whoever it is stick on an extra carriage or two.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1
7 hours ago, Fandango said:

Hearts are no daft, they are not going to take the full 4500 until they are sure it's selling well or they pay for unsold tickets.

Pretty sure the other 1000 will go on sale soon so those needing tickets will get them.

This is a question someone asked me on Facebook and I genuinely didn't know the answer. Why, if offered the full stand, did HMFC not just ask Motherwell to send them tickets for all the seats in that stand.

As the money raised is shared it wouldn't have mattered if we had sold all the seats or not, would it (this is the question I was asked and it stumped me). Because if we had returned say 900 tickets in the away end Motherwell would have been unable to sell them to home supporters I don't think. Not sure if we would have been billed for any admin costs Motherwell would have incurred in producing and despatching the tickets mind you.

...a bit disco

Never been to Fir Park by car before.

Any hints for parking?

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

This is a question someone asked me on Facebook and I genuinely didn't know the answer. Why, if offered the full stand, did HMFC not just ask Motherwell to send them tickets for all the seats in that stand.

As the money raised is shared it wouldn't have mattered if we had sold all the seats or not, would it (this is the question I was asked and it stumped me). Because if we had returned say 900 tickets in the away end Motherwell would have been unable to sell them to home supporters I don't think. Not sure if we would have been billed for any admin costs Motherwell would have incurred in producing and despatching the tickets mind you.

It’s probably all to do with policing and stewarding costs. 

20 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Any hints for parking?

There is a university 2 minutes from the ground. They usually have the car park open and charge a couple of quid to use it.

1 hour ago, jake said:

Got my train tickets today but hopefully scotrail or whoever it is stick on an extra carriage or two.

They are Crosscountry trains, not Scotrail usually decent length. From Edinburgh, Leeds and Sheffield to Glasgow. It's really just the 10.23 and 12.17 direct with the 13.13 getting to Morherwell at 13.54 which will most likely make you late for kick off.

I'd advise getting on at Waverley for the later trains ie 12.17 certainly as might be ramned by Haymarket. 

Could really do with Football Special for this one. 

30 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Any hints for parking?

Loads of free on street parking in the area, especially on a Sunday. I usually park just off the Wishaw road A721 :thumbsup:

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

There is a university 2 minutes from the ground. They usually have the car park open and charge a couple of quid to use it.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Loads of free on street parking in the area, especially on a Sunday. I usually park just off the Wishaw road :thumbsup:

Cheers guys.

:thumbsup:

chester copperpot
46 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Any hints for parking?

Normally park on the back road that runs parallel to the main road round the back of the police station.

Edit* Just realised that I worked at a Primary school just a bawhair away from the ground so will park in there (Glencairn Primary School)

Edit #2* The road I was talking about was called Orbiston Street behind the Evan Halshaws :thumb:

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Normally park on the back road that runs parallel to the main road round the back of the police station.

Edit* Just realised that I worked at a Primary school just a bawhair away from the ground so will park in there (Glencairn Primary School)

Edit #2* The road I was talking about was called Orbiston Street behind the Evan Halshaws :thumb:

:lol:

Cheers Cheesy.

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Any hints for parking?

There's a wee industrial estate about 5 minutes walk from the ground.  I have no clue what the road is named, so I realise that this might not be as helpful as intended.

Great effort, selling out 3,500 tickets in 24 hours. Pretty certain we'll get the other 1,000 tomorrow and might even give us some of the old stand but doubt it.

Just shows you what having sensible ticket prices can do to ticket sales! 

The official capacity of the South Stand is 4856 would it be unreasonable to think that we could fill the away end.

I imagine at some point today for sure. It's likely to be a scramble - unless we happen to get 1,000 or so in the main stand too, like the OF do. But I expect we'll only get the remaining South Stand tickets initially.

The Treasurer

As many posters will know I'm quick to criticise our support for not getting behind the team at times, so it's only fair that I acknowledge a great effort by our fans to sell out so quickly for this game.

I'd hoped for a good support given the importance of the game but didn't expect this.

As for the way sales have been handled, I think the club's hands were a bit tied on this one. 

I think there should have been some sort of LP threshold initially but plenty on here called for a general sale so I think the club were not going to please everyone regardless.

Hopefully they get the rest of the away stand on sale soon and maybe even negotiate a section of the main stand.

I am going round to the ticket office at lunchtime today to pick up my tickets that I booked on Friday.

I will ask about the remaining 1300 tickets if no announcement has been made before then.

49 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I am going round to the ticket office at lunchtime today to pick up my tickets that I booked on Friday.

I will ask about the remaining 1300 tickets if no announcement has been made before then.

Cheers mate. Not leaving much posting time if they don't get released today.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Still nothing on Website to say original allocation sold out, never mind a further allocate.

It was on Twitter the other day...

Heart of MidlothianVerified account @JamTarts Feb 24

An amazing response has seen 3500 tickets for our William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter Final sell out. Should any more become available we will announce details on our website.

scott herbertson

Fantastic response 

meet up tomorrow at Stratties after which I could become the ‘named driver’ for another four...

9 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

It was on Twitter the other day...

Heart of MidlothianVerified account @JamTarts Feb 24

An amazing response has seen 3500 tickets for our William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter Final sell out. Should any more become available we will announce details on our website.

I know it was on Twitter, I would have thought the website would have been updated by now.

I would think more fans would check website than have Twitter.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I know it was on Twitter, I would have thought the website would have been updated by now.

I agree. I don’t use twitter. 

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hearts website is a neglected disgrace for information - home page is useless. 

...a bit disco
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Indeed.

Twitter is a better follow for info. Even then, it's sketchy at best.

16 minutes ago, kila said:

Regretfully I have to agree.  There was an announcement a couple of years ago that they were upgrading the Club website - it's worse than the old one!

When did the tickets go on sale ?

I went in to TO this morning and told they were sold out.

The assistant said to check the website for news of extra tickets.

Just now, luckydug said:

When did the tickets go on sale ?

I went in to TO this morning and told they were sold out.

The assistant said to check the website for news of extra tickets.

Friday 2pm 

A workmate of mine who's a Motherwell supporter said we've sold out all the allocation. He claims they are looking at also providing part of the main stand for more Hearts supporters.

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Cheers mate. Not leaving much posting time if they don't get released today.

I am just back from the ticket office.

There are going to be more tickets made available however Hearts have not received the tickets yet. They are just waiting on those coming in before they make an announcement.

It sounds like it is going to be the remaining 1300 tickets in the South Stand.

It is a bit of a farce that Hearts have not kept supporters up to date on the clubs website. When I was in picking up the tickets I had booked on Friday there were at least 3 others in there looking for tickets for the match and being told that we had sold out our initial allocation and that they would have to wait for an announcement getting made on the club website regarding an extra allocation.

Not everyone use social media or Twitter so they should be updating the official website.

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

There are going to be more tickets made available however Hearts have not received the tickets yet. They are just waiting on those coming in before they make an announcement.

It is a bit of a farce that Hearts have not kept supporters up to date on the clubs website. When I was in picking up the tickets I had booked on Friday there were at least 3 others in there looking for tickets for the match and being told that we had sold out our initial allocation and that they would have to wait for an announcement getting made on the club website regarding an extra allocation.

Not everyone use social media or Twitter so they should be updating the official website.

Correct. The website is just used for statements and to tell us we are on the naughty step. Amateur stuff

been here before
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. I don’t use twitter. 

You can still read all the stuff on the Hearts Twitter thing without having the thing yourself.

Its what I do.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

You can still read all the stuff on the Hearts Twitter thing without having the thing yourself.

Its what I do.

I set up a twitter account then linked it to my email with ifttt.com so I get an email when they tweet. I get that they really should update the website, but this saves me having to check the website as I'd be checking my emails anyway.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I set up a twitter account then linked it to my email with ifttt.com so I get an email when they tweet. I get that they really should update the website, but this saves me having to check the website as I'd be checking my emails anyway.

Alternatively you can set up a twitter account on your phone turn on notifications on the hearts twitter page so you get a notification every time Hearts tweet.

Thought there would have been a further announcement by now, even a tweet from Hearts to say that we are getting more tickets and awaiting to recieve them before putting on sale would do.

34 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Thanks for that mate, will just keep my eye on the website and e tickets.

Desperate for more to be released for this as was too slow off the mark first time round. Fantastic support from us as usual and there's nothing to suggest we couldn't sell another couple of thousand should they become available. Hoping for them to go on sale today so there's plenty of time to sort trains etc.

Sounds like it's going to be a nightmarish scramble for the remaining tickets when they go on sale. Been refreshing the Hearts Tickets Twitter account whenever of I've had a chance this morning. Know of someone with 130 points and no tickets.

I wonder if Hearts ticket staff thought we'd only need 3500 tickets and then there would be a cash gate ??

Going to be a bit of a scramble for the remaining tickets now. 

8 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Sounds like it's going to be a nightmarish scramble for the remaining tickets when they go on sale. Been refreshing the Hearts Tickets Twitter account whenever of I've had a chance this morning. Know of someone with 130 points and no tickets.

aye i have over 100 points, was going to buy them online on Friday night but noticed you needed to phone Hearts to get the family discount so thought i would wait until Monday to save a few pounds. Didn't think they would shift that quickly.

Just to let everyone know, I contacted Motherwell and they have sent down the remaining 1000ish tickets to Hearts this morning and then they will look to give Hearts some restricted view seats in their main stand if the away stand is completely full. I also contacted Hearts and they said that the tickets were sent but they have not arrived yet so keep an eye on their twitter feed for ticket information. The lady expects them to be on sale by tomorrow at least.

111 LPs and possibly no ticket.

Have to admit to taking my eye of the ball with this one.

When it was announced that the match was on the TV I just assumed it would be more or less the normal away support for Fir Park.

Thought  all I had to do was walk in  to the TO this morning and buy our tickets.

When the assistant told me they were sold out I just assumed that we had only been given 1500 tickets to test the water.

3500 tickets sold over the weekend is unbelievable. 

At least it's on TV but it's not the same is it ?

1 minute ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Just to let everyone know, I contacted Motherwell and they have sent down the remaining 1000ish tickets to Hearts this morning and then they will look to give Hearts some restricted view seats in their main stand if the away stand is completely full. I also contacted Hearts and they said that the tickets were sent but they have not arrived yet so keep an eye on their twitter feed for ticket information. The lady expects them to be on sale by tomorrow at least.

Good stuff

Aside from communication everyone doing their best it seems 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Good stuff

Aside from communication everyone doing their best it seems 

Yeah seems to be communication between the clubs alright but communication between clubs and fans has been a bit of a problem.

19 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Just to let everyone know, I contacted Motherwell and they have sent down the remaining 1000ish tickets to Hearts this morning and then they will look to give Hearts some restricted view seats in their main stand if the away stand is completely full. I also contacted Hearts and they said that the tickets were sent but they have not arrived yet so keep an eye on their twitter feed for ticket information.

Bought tickets on Saturday at the ticket office, I was told my tickets would be sent out when they arrived. Not sure why they are waiting on this new batch to arrive., before selling them.

The lady expects them to be on sale by tomorrow at least.

When buying by phone can you buy the family package? Appreciate you can't do this online but was hoping you can do this over the phone?

Cheers in advance 

Thought Police
19 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Was there a limit on how many tickets could be bought under one account?

And if not why not?!

One per account 

So every chance we will sell out the 4,500 away stand.  At that rate there will be more Hearts fans than 'Well fans at the game! :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

When buying by phone can you buy the family package? Appreciate you can't do this online but was hoping you can do this over the phone?

Cheers in advance 

I'd imagine if you call the actual ticket office you should be able to but just don't call the ticketmaster number as they won't.

Archived