August Landmesser

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HAMILTON HEARTS
7 minutes ago, lou said:

Can I please have them if available

3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Didn't even notice they had went on sale and missed this. Hopefully they release the rest asap.

HAMILTON HEARTS

Will defo know by Mon its two I have as brother ordered our tickets and I ordered them as well so definitely have them but was going to phone ticket office for refund but if some one wants them they are more than welcome to them 

PurfJambo1902
19 minutes ago, HAMILTON HEARTS said:

Will defo know by Mon its two I have as brother ordered our tickets and I ordered them as well so definitely have them but was going to phone ticket office for refund but if some one wants them they are more than welcome to them 

Will meet at tynie for these on Tuesday if they’re going 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

What kind of numbers we looking at taking through so far?

An amazing response has seen 3500 tickets for our William Hill Scottish Cup Quarter Final sell out. Should any more become available we will announce details on our website.

Bloody hell. Only got confirmation from the final member of our group at 9pm last night that she'd be coming and when I went on this morning tickets were gone. Somewhat defeats the purpose of loyalty points if we don't get a further allocation.

2 hours ago, His name is said:

The 2 Edinburgh to motherwell trains could be a bit busy 

i have spare adult return ticket 12:21 going with 17:13 return £8

3 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Bloody hell. Only got confirmation from the final member of our group at 9pm last night that she'd be coming and when I went on this morning tickets were gone. Somewhat defeats the purpose of loyalty points if we don't get a further allocation.

It's a complete farce from the club  . 

stirlingshirejambo

Motherwell have confirmed that they initially offered Hearts the full stand and that there are still tickets available for Hearts to take if Hearts want them

2 hours ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Motherwell have confirmed that they initially offered Hearts the full stand and that there are still tickets available for Hearts to take if Hearts want them

So why are Hearts saying on Twitter that they are waiting to find out if more will be available?

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

So why are Hearts saying on Twitter that they are waiting to find out if more will be available?

Hearts are no daft, they are not going to take the full 4500 until they are sure it's selling well or they pay for unsold tickets.

Pretty sure the other 1000 will go on sale soon so those needing tickets will get them.

stirlingshirejambo
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

No idea

liss of communication somewhere but it was the Motherwell chief executive who said it last night he offered Hearts the full stand 

now if he offered full stand but we had to pay in full no refund on unsold tickets I don’t know

2 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

No idea

liss of communication somewhere but it was the Motherwell chief executive who said it last night he offered Hearts the full stand 

now if he offered full stand but we had to pay in full no refund on unsold tickets I don’t know

Suppose that would make sense then.

Hopefully the other 1300 tickets go on sale early next week.

13 minutes ago, Fandango said:

Hearts are no daft, they are not going to take the full 4500 until they are sure it's selling well or they pay for unsold tickets.

Pretty sure the other 1000 will go on sale soon so those needing tickets will get them.

It's certainly daft to have a loyalty points system and not use it 

I just don't get the Hearts have to pay for unsold tickets claim, Hearts are selling them on behalf of Motherwell not buying them off them surely. Looks to me like Hearts simply underestimated the demand.

20 minutes ago, jambocub said:

It's certainly daft to have a loyalty points system and not use it 

Not really possible with such a short notice

One of the issues IMO was that we put them on sale without any warning, normally the announcement would say the tickets will go on sale at 9.00am tomorrow but it was a free for all straight away as long as you picked up the announcement. There will be folks who were at work without internet etc and won't have picked up on it until most if not all the tickets were gone. 

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

One of the issues IMO was that we put them on sale without any warning, normally the announcement would say the tickets will go on sale at 9.00am tomorrow but it was a free for all straight away as long as you picked up the announcement. There will be folks who were at work without internet etc and won't have picked up on it until most if not all the tickets were gone. 

Nearly all games go on sale without warning now. 

Did you want yet another delay?

But yes more notice would have been better

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Maybe a cross over in comms between the 2 clubs.

I'd imagine we'd need to check with Motherwell first that they were able to cope logistically with the sale of another 1000+ tickets. Checking with police, stewarding catering suppliers etc....

PurfJambo1902

Motherwell Chief exec Allan burrows on twitter - Being truthful, I’m not 100% sure. The two ticketing departments would’ve handled that... I suspect it would’ve been sold right to left (top and bottom), as you look at the stand from the pitch. But yea, there will be more tickets available...

think we dan all relax now, with his last sentence in mind ?

Don’t think anyone can have a pop at the club for this, not one Hearts fan could have predicted we would sell 3,500 tickets in 24 hours. I didn’t think we would take 3,500 in total with it being on BBC on a sunday, making use of the loyalty point system would only have slowed sales with the timescales involved and people having to wait until thresholds drop to sit next to each other etc. 

The question now is whether Motherwell have sold tickets in their stand which Rangers and Celtic usually get and whether they will potentially have (or want) to give us that too. I know a lot of folk who regularly go to away games that don’t have their ticket yet. I suspect the additional 1,400 will go very quickly.

12 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Don’t think anyone can have a pop at the club for this, not one Hearts fan could have predicted we would sell 3,500 tickets in 24 hours. I didn’t think we would take 3,500 in total with it being on BBC on a sunday, making use of the loyalty point system would only have slowed sales with the timescales involved and people having to wait until thresholds drop to sit next to each other etc. 

The question now is whether Motherwell have sold tickets in their stand which Rangers and Celtic usually get and whether they will potentially have (or want) to give us that too. I know a lot of folk who regularly go to away games that don’t have their ticket yet. I suspect the additional 1,400 will go very quickly.

Not sure I’d agree. Ask any supporters club about the demand since the draw was made and it would be fairly obvious that we were going to take a massive support through.

Hopefully the extra tickets go on sale soon and everyone who wants one gets one.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not really possible with such a short notice

How much time do they need to work out the loyalty points for the amount of tickets we got ?

By all accounts the interest from supporters clubs was higher than Hearts expected. Common sense should have told them that that would have extended to the wider Hearts support, especially when Raith sold out last year at similar prices and in an earlier round.

Can't really see the issue in having a loyalty point phase, say from 35+ points, from 2pm Friday with a general sale starting 9am Tuesday. 3.5 days for loyalty points, 5 days for general sale. Time for posting for either phase where required.

7 minutes ago, jambocub said:

How much time do they need to work out the loyalty points for the amount of tickets we got ?

Probably more that demand for tickets this season suggests no need to put limit when there is up to 4,800 seats for a game live on BBC. Hibs not sold out yet even. 

But the main issue with time is messing with people getting seats together, waiting for points to go down more than once.

In just 8 days. 

Usually the last day for posting to be guaranteed your ticket arriving is the Wednesday. The club were left with little option but to go straight to a general sale.

Blame Motherwell for not handing us the tickets sooner. Wonder if they leave it this late when the OF are visiting?

been here before
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

strange. bought my ticket on Friday but no LP's added yet

Funny that.

I bought 2 from the TO the afternoon they went on sale, one for me and one that I allocated to my boy. He has had his 2 LPs added but I've not got mine.

Ordinarily they go on straight away when you get them from Tynecaatle.

45 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

By all accounts the interest from supporters clubs was higher than Hearts expected. Common sense should have told them that that would have extended to the wider Hearts support, especially when Raith sold out last year at similar prices and in an earlier round.

Can't really see the issue in having a loyalty point phase, say from 35+ points, from 2pm Friday with a general sale starting 9am Tuesday. 3.5 days for loyalty points, 5 days for general sale. Time for posting for either phase where required.

I suspect Hearts thought that with the size of the allocation (4900) the vast majority of people who wanted a ticket will get one.

It’ll be a tiny minority, if any at all, that misses out on a ticket.

I think Hearts have called it correctly given the timescale involved.

* And yes, I’m aware that I may have contradicted myself slightly from my previous post ?

11 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

I suspect Hearts thought that with the size of the allocation (4900) the vast majority of people who wanted a ticket will get one.

It’ll be a tiny minority, if any at all, that misses out on a ticket.

I think Hearts have called it correctly given the timescale involved.

* And yes, I’m aware that I may have contradicted myself slightly from my previous post ?

I hope you're right, it looks like there's going to be a bit of a scramble for the final tickets now, though. If all 4,900 had been available at the start I'd be sitting with tickets now, along with quite a few regular attendees who have also missed out initially. Now there's an artificial race on for the final lot of tickets, which isn't ideal when the announcement will most likely be made during working hours again. I already had alerts set up for the HeartsTickets Twitter but that'll be refreshed every moment I get once I start work tomorrow!

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Funny that.

I bought 2 from the TO the afternoon they went on sale, one for me and one that I allocated to my boy. He has had his 2 LPs added but I've not got mine.

Ordinarily they go on straight away when you get them from Tynecaatle.

I bought mine on line via e-tickets and normally they go on about 5am the next morning.  

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

I bought mine on line via e-tickets and normally they go on about 5am the next morning.  

Me too but they still aren't on.

Sure they will eventually.

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Hopefully we get more as we have not got ours yet 5 of us going. 

Does the stand only hold 3500 behind the goal?? 

About 4,900 apparently, plus the OF supposedly get part of the main stand too, but that would only help us if Motherwell haven't already sold tickets there.

One game from Hampden, there was always going to be a demand for these tickets.    Irrespective of who goes, we're taking a great support.   Let's make it heard.

16 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

About 4,900 apparently, plus the OF supposedly get part of the main stand too, but that would only help us if Motherwell haven't already sold tickets there.

Thanks for the info should hopefully get more early next week then 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably more that demand for tickets this season suggests no need to put limit when there is up to 4,800 seats for a game live on BBC. Hibs not sold out yet even. 

But the main issue with time is messing with people getting seats together, waiting for points to go down more than once.

In just 8 days. 

Yes but Hibs not yet on general sale. If it was I think it would have been sold out days ago. 

Hibs away seems to be a game that many high loy pts  guys dont go to anymore. Last few league games there have  all seen lp’s needing to drop once or twice before selling out. 

Why would Motherwell require us to sell all the tickets on a non refundable basis ?..they are not going to have their own fans in that stand so what does it matter as there will not be any extra costs to any major extent..and of course the more tickets sold they more both clubs benefit

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Why would Motherwell require us to sell all the tickets on a non refundable basis ?..they are not going to have their own fans in that stand so what does it matter as there will not be any extra costs to any major extent..and of course the more tickets sold they more both clubs benefit

Just a guess, but potentially there is a stewarding/policing/catering limit at 3,500, anything beyond that requires a bigger spend, therefore Hearts took the initial 3,500 to see how sales go before committing to the full stand. I guess in that situation Motherwell (and Hearts as we get half the gate) were correct to see what the initial demand was like before committing.

Archived