Goncalves - some Hearts fans in racist abuse claims

Swanny17

Section G The Place To Be
4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I'd be surprised if there was NO complaints at all.

Complaints that can be backed up with evidence may be in short supply, tho.

Given that nearly everyone that said they heard racist abuse said they did not report it, it shouldn’t be much of a surprise. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Is that the same National Anthem that I sung at Haymarket last November along with some players , fans and officials from many clubs?? Sorry, didn't realise it was a Rangers song.  

You brought Tories into it ...I am against false character assassinations of anyone , regardless of creed, colour or politics. Being bigoted against someone because of their politics is every bit as bad as what Isma has alleged...whether that is a  "happening", "right-on" view at your polytechnic, bothers me not a jot. Bye.

Oh yeah, and what were you commemorating then?  The Haymarket Riot?

I sure hope you didn’t sing the lines about “scatter her enemies, make them fall”.  A glorious anti-bigot like you would surely have been shouting about justice and bigotry.

34 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

I don’t believe I have ever given any reason for you to make ridiculously stupid statements about me personally. Accusing me Of forgetting basic decency when I go to the games?

If you can find any one of my posts where I agree with anything sectarian, bigoted, racist then fine I’ll leave Kickback. I guarantee you won’t so I expect an apology. That’s if your man enough and decent enough to do so. 

This is thread is littered with me debating and arguing for people to report incidents to the club. Does that strike you as someone that forgets basic decency at a game? 

You said: "no matter what club you ever follow there will always be some unsavory element and incidents." I agree. Doesn't mean you can't try to rid the club of them though instead of just accepting it's part of watching football. Why should it be part of watching football? I'm specifically talking about racism and sectarianism by the way. Booing of our own players is a whole other thing but not as serious.

27 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I'd be surprised if there was NO complaints at all.

Complaints that can be backed up with evidence may be in short supply, tho.

Just going by the club statement 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

You said you think he doesn't think much of Ann Budge or Craig Levein. The direct quotes from Isma suggest differently. Not sure how else I'm  supposed to take that tbf.

It’s fairly clear no? Isma claims he had a great relationship with all the people at the club but can’t tell them something that made him and his family so unhappy he wanted out and instead goes to the media after he leaves and going by what CL has said he feels like he’s failed the guy. 

What reason did he give CL then for wanting to leave? A better deal then drops a bomb from thousands of miles away? 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s fairly clear no? Isma claims he had a great relationship with all the people at the club but can’t tell them something that made him and his family so unhappy he wanted out and instead goes to the media after he leaves and going by what CL has said he feels like he’s failed the guy. 

What reason did he give CL then for wanting to leave? A better deal then drops a bomb from thousands of miles away? 

Why should Isma care? He wasn't enjoying being at the club and he doesn't like our fans. He's right to highlight racism in the most public way possible. It's the only way to defeat it. Everyone knows it's a tiny minority. The point is often it takes a public shaming like this to affect change.

17 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

You said: "no matter what club you ever follow there will always be some unsavory element and incidents." I agree. Doesn't mean you can't try to rid the club of them though instead of just accepting it's part of watching football. Why should it be part of watching football? I'm specifically talking about racism and sectarianism by the way. Booing of our own players is a whole other thing but not as serious.

It is unfortunately part of football on many occasions. It isn’t acceptable particularly in this day and age, we have moved on. But we have to accept that it will happen and do our best to weed out the filth and report them. 

Im failing to see anywhere in that and what you are quoting me where I agree with sectarianism, racism and bigotry. Likewise nowhere does any of that even remotely suggest I “forget basic decency” when I enter a football ground. 

Just now, Section G The Place To Be said:

It is unfortunately part of football on many occasions. It isn’t acceptable particularly in this day and age, we have moved on. But we have to accept that it will happen and do our best to weed out the filth and report them. 

Im failing to see anywhere in that and what you are quoting me where I agree with sectarianism, racism and bigotry. Likewise nowhere does any of that even remotely suggest I “forget basic decency” when I enter a football ground. 

So we're on the same page then. Why not just condemn racism and be done with it? None of this "part of football" nonsense.

2 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Why should Isma care? He wasn't enjoying being at the club and he doesn't like our fans. He's right to highlight racism in the most public way possible. It's the only way to defeat it.

Is it really the only way to defeat it? You don’t think Isma has failed other potential victims by not reporting it at the time to those that paid his wages. To a club that as we know are very supportive of players. After the situation with Lafferty. Or maybe you and Isma think that the club are only supportive of white players ? 

5 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Is it really the only way to defeat it? You don’t think Isma has failed other potential victims by not reporting it at the time to those that paid his wages. To a club that as we know are very supportive of players. After the situation with Lafferty. Or maybe you and Isma think that the club are only supportive of white players ? 

It seems to be given racism is still around, like sectarianism which only started getting tackled in Scotland after some journos  finally started writing about it. I don't know what goes on with Isma but either way he's the victim in this. Not sure I'm comfortable with it being turned into a "why didn't he report it?" thing. I've known people who have left jobs rather than confront issues at work. Not everyone's equipped to do that.

10 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

So we're on the same page then. Why not just condemn racism and be done with it? None of this "part of football" nonsense.

Everyone has condemned racism since the start of this thread. Condemning it and actively doing something about it are different though. 

It is part of football and in fact part of many other sports as well unfortunately. It is reducing and it is getting better and eventually it will be eradicated. Rome wasn’t built in a day. In the meantime we as fans of HMFC have a duty morally and to the club tot report any incidents. I  have no problem tackling anyone at a match either as I said much earlier in this thread I have done so previously. But I accept others will not and won’t have the support around them either. I go to games with 6 or 7 guys one of which is 6ft 4 and not far off 20 stone. A man mountain. But even without him being present I was confident enough to have a “quiet word” with people in the past. 

8 hours ago, Barack said:

Mr. Levein just been live on SKY, discussing the weekend.  

Isma, almost inevitably, was raised. 

Said he was slightly embarrassed Isma felt he couldn’t talk to him about it, and he said that’s on him(Levein) & that he will speak to the players today , & fully support any player that makes any allegations along those lines. Adding that the club will do its upmost to stamp out. Again he reiterated he’s embarrassed that perhaps Isma felt he wasn’t approachable, the reporting lines are there for any player, & will work on it personally in future. 

Never heard it, but sounds like a fair and sensible response. 

1 minute ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Everyone has condemned racism since the start of this thread. Condemning it and actively doing something about it are different though. 

It is part of football and in fact part of many other sports as well unfortunately. It is reducing and it is getting better and eventually it will be eradicated. Rome wasn’t built in a day. In the meantime we as fans of HMFC have a duty morally and to the club tot report any incidents. I  have no problem tackling anyone at a match either as I said much earlier in this thread I have done so previously. But I accept others will not and won’t have the support around them either. I go to games with 6 or 7 guys one of which is 6ft 4 and not far off 20 stone. A man mountain. 

I agree and hopefully this being in the papers will make that more likely.

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Why should Isma care? He wasn't enjoying being at the club and he doesn't like our fans. He's right to highlight racism in the most public way possible. It's the only way to defeat it. Everyone knows it's a tiny minority. The point is often it takes a public shaming like this to affect change.

That’s not what I was getting at. It was suggested he had a great relationship with all at the club yet he couldn’t tell anyone what was going on with him. CL possibly didn’t want him to leave so what reasons did he give for wanting out? A player says he wants to leave surely somebody asked why?  Did he say it was purely financial and then fires this at the club from afar? Isma has been at ten clubs, is this the first time him or his family have encountered this? 

22 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Why does he not like our fans? I would be angered if that was the case.

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Hopefully you are within the minority of posters who are dubious and doubtful about this sort of shit taking place, in that you don’t go to Hearts matches, where you would experience it.

YES I have witnessed a LOT of Open racism at Tynecastle. 

How in the name name of **** are we still at this stage in the discussion? I’ve repeatedly stated that it happens all the time. 

I didn't read the entire thread, apologies. 

So why does it go unchallenged ? Why is it not being reported ? 

Even when I was going to games occasionally, I don't recall hearing blatant racism being called out. I do recall daft stuff like "Who's the ******* in the black" but that was directed at the referee. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Looks like other players have had similar issues :vrface:

****ing embarrassment 

Surely that should help to identify specific areas of the ground where the alleged abuse came from! 

The problem could be it has come from some random walk ups as I can't see season ticket holders putting up with racist shouts from people they know!

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

What action would have been taken?

The club could have sought out individuals responsible and deal with them.....as they did when the Killik player complained.

6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

No surprise when you see who the culprit is.

Another mentioned posts regularly (and poorly) on here.

Does it say who it was?

I genuinely have no idea why people go so public with this shit, it is one of the first thing potential employers do nowadays is check social media for you.

I'm on no social media bar Linkedin now and even then I am a baw hair for coming off it as it is getting more and more like Facebook with every passing day.

Edit : Just seen that a name is mentioned.  No idea who he is.  Never heard his name before, is he infamous to us?

2 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

CL has already said he is ashamed Isma couldn’t speak to him first about it. For me it says more about Isma’s obvious feelings towards CL and the club if he didn’t want to speak to them but would rather speak in a newspaper. He clearly doesn’t think much of Levein, Ann Budge, and the club. 

Maybe he didn’t want to speak about it because it wasn’t true?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Does it say who it was?

I genuinely have no idea why people go so public with this shit, it is one of the first thing potential employers do nowadays is check social media for you.

I'm on no social media bar Linkedin now and even then I am a baw hair for coming off it as it is getting more and more like Facebook with every passing day.

it does.

Very well known in arsehole circles.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

it does.

Very well known in arsehole circles.

Never heard of him before. Is he the 'young team'? I take it.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Folk still in denial?

Almost a self-fulfilling prophecy.

1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

There are posts on here that people have told stewards and police who have done nothing, and they have confronted the people. The club should start with then role of police and stewards in this. That's what those guys are paid for.

Hopefully that will change going forward. Eject them and invalidate their season ticket. No refund I assume. 

17 minutes ago, Pasha said:

remember this boy pretending to a hard man at most away games in the championship season with the young team, glad to hear he is banned he will look back in embarrassment in a few years

23 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I didn't read the entire thread, apologies. 

So why does it go unchallenged ? Why is it not being reported ? 

Even when I was going to games occasionally, I don't recall hearing blatant racism being called out. I do recall daft stuff like "Who's the ******* in the black" but that was directed at the referee. 

Wasn’t having a go at you, just really exasperated by all of this. Sorry if I was a bit dickish.

9 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Folk still in denial?

The clubs name is getting dragged through he gutter because of a few arseholes.

It's trolling. And it isn't particularly offensive either. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: Get offended by bad men saying bad words on a forum do you? 

Are you saying we don’t have any? Some of the pish I hear coming out some of our fans mouths I wonder if theyve dressed themselves. 

Some of our fans are brain dead morons who only come to shout abuse and think they’ve got the right to do it. 

OK , I’ll spell it out.

The word you used, which has now been mod-edited, is a word that used to denote people with a learning disability. Sadly, it still seems to be in common use in the USA. Language moves on, and disabled people here are no longer referred to by that name, and that’s good. But the well-established principle is that you shouldn’t use these kind of terms to mock others. That’s all. My point was that you should expect to be challenged if you use that word. 

Likewise, you shouldn’t mock people who cannot dress themselves. It sounds like you are fortunate enough to be able-bodied. Celebrate that, without insulting those less fortunate. One day, in all probability, somebody else will dress you.

To answer your question, no I wasn’t offended and I’m not sure where you got that from. This isn’t about me. 

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Wasn’t having a go at you, just really exasperated by all of this. Sorry if I was a bit dickish.

Nah, no worries. I am on here so infrequently, I am always playing catch up. 

3 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

remember this boy pretending to a hard man at most away games in the championship season with the young team, glad to hear he is banned he will look back in embarrassment in a few years

Hes too stupid to look back in embarrassment, he will more than likely be locked up. 

SpruceBringsteen
19 minutes ago, Jambosammy said:

If I was his mum I would stick my foot up tants arse. Wee ned.

From what I hear, it's more likely she's getting a half foot stuck up her as we speak. 

6 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

From what I hear, it's more likely she's getting a half foot stuck up her as we speak. 

:rofl:

:pleasing:

:jjyay:

:gok:

SpruceBringsteen
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

:rofl:

By the way, I don't want anyone to think this is a childish "lol his mum's a slag, lol" jibe. Factually, she "gets around". Factually.

It perhaps explains some of his impotent rage.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

No, “older FLA loving, groomer of wee neds-team.” At a guess..

Born, oh, about early 60’s I’d say. About the time of the halcyon day’s of pavement dancing, bigotry & racism. 

You mean the year we lost the League Cup Final to Rangers after a replay?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Made a wee edit. 

Ah, forget it.

I can't keep up.

10 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

By the way, I don't want anyone to think this is a childish "lol his mum's a slag, lol" jibe. Factually, she "gets around". Factually.

It perhaps explains some of his impotent rage.

Thanks for the clarification. I’d probably be a wee ned ***** if that was the case too. 

ROFL

I might get abuse for it but this thread and this issue proves that I am right to detest some ‘fellow’  Hearts fans. We most certainly are not part of the same family.

I see Levein saying today that having discussed the issue with the other players other incidents have been mentioned.

If you are scum you are scum. And if you have shouted any racist abuse at any of our players then take your tainted money and **** off. 

I stand with the club I support - not any racist scum that say they support it. 

Seymour M Hersh
51 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Folk still in denial?

Hopefully people will see it for what it is a handful of moronic, brain-dead, wannabe hardman scum and not the Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

ROFL

I might get abuse for it but this thread and this issue proves that I am right to detest some ‘fellow’  Hearts fans. We most certainly are not part of the same family.

I see Levein saying today that having discussed the issue with the other players other incidents have been mentioned.

If you are scum you are scum. And if you have shouted any racist abuse at any of our players then take your tainted money and **** off. 

No abuse from me. I agree completely. Delighted to be a separate species from those. Especially the vermin mentioned in the EEN article.

12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

ROFL

Well said. 100% spot on.

51 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Folk still in denial?

How is club getting dragged through the gutter for what someone posts on twitter ??

There are bams that follow all clubs, not just ours (contrary to what I have been reading in press last few days) and that will never change. To suggest clubs name is being dragged through mud because some radge has posted a racist remark online is absurd. This thread is torture.

Is he still at hearts? This photo was uploaded from training today. Goncalves’ is always in Milinkovic’ story on instagram too

740C9DE9-72C3-44E9-B26D-931606AE3147.png

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Hilary Briss said:

How is club getting dragged through the gutter for what someone posts on twitter ??

There are bams that follow all clubs, not just ours (contrary to what I have been reading in press last few days) and that will never change. To suggest clubs name is being dragged through mud because some radge has posted a racist remark online is absurd. This thread is torture.

it's all over the MSN

arseholes.

Some good stories coming out of Easter Road however,Dempster and Lennon in demand,Stevenson generosity(which I applaud) strange also informing us of tightrope for a couple of them on Saturday (take note refs).Not a very complimentary photo of our guy on trial stating hoping to beef up our forward line! Every picture I’ve seen of Adao is of his boot in someone’s face. It’s a funny old game,more like politics now.

Archived