New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

Can’t comment on singing section but atmosphere and singing in upper tier was great ??

Edited by Frank1874

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

10 minutes ago, Marooned In Oz said:

Great atmosphere today.  Only downside was 5 absolute cretins singing the Edinburgh song.  Disgusting ***** 

Few morons belting out about being up to their knees in f***** blood (with extra emphasis on the f***** word) was the only naughty stuff I heard

3 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Few morons belting out about being up to their knees in f***** blood (with extra emphasis on the f***** word) was the only naughty stuff I heard

But not from the singing section? Just for clarity.

Clips I've seen looked amazing and sure it hauled the boys over the line. Well done all 3000 jambos that went. In Greece and failed to find anywhere even showing the scores. 

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I'm guessing you must have been downstairs, as there was nothing produced out of sorts from those singing upstairs, and although Hello Hello was started once it only last until we are the Gorgie Boys and then some other song started.

Lot of people didn't think it was overly pretty today, the game that is not the singing, but I thought wse did more than enough to justify the 3 points. We could well have had another couple of goals, but in the end 1 or 3 goals would have came to the same end result, 3 points.

The other pleasing thing for me today was the performance of John Souttar, absolutely fecking superb doesn't even come close to describing it. That display will have put millions onto his value, and that value will keep going up perforamcne by performance.

10 minutes ago, pablo said:

No idea. It was on the way out of the stadium ??

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm guessing you must have been downstairs, as there was nothing produced out of sorts from those singing upstairs, and although Hello Hello was started once it only last until we are the Gorgie Boys and then some other song started.

Lot of people didn't think it was overly pretty today, the game that is not the singing, but I thought wse did more than enough to justify the 3 points. We could well have had another couple of goals, but in the end 1 or 3 goals would have came to the same end result, 3 points.

The other pleasing thing for me today was the performance of John Souttar, absolutely fecking superb doesn't even come close to describing it. That display will have put millions onto his value, and that value will keep going up perforamcne by performance.

I was upstairs and it was sung on way out where upstairs merged with downstairs exit ??

6 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I was upstairs and it was sung on way out where upstairs merged with downstairs exit ??

Absolute cretins, we have a few songs that people argue about being sung but nobody can say there is any place for that shite.

They were in front of me today and i thought the boys were decent. They were loud as were the whole following today. 

But the boys in front of me were thoroughly decent boysterous but not outrageous. There were young kids there too, and i don't genuinely think anyone could knock them today. My perspective from where i was anyways

The singing section were excellent today. Brief rendition of the Billy Boys pre game that they seemed to quickly snuff out. Their enthusiasm definitely spurs on the rest of the fans. Most positive atmosphere I can remember for a long time.

One request: please come up with a song for Naisy. He's a phenomenal player for us and head and shoulders above 99% of the league

Thought they were really good today although they need to learn to go along with the majority singing some times. They were singing the naughty version of hello hello on the way to the ground but songs all seemed fine during the match. 

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Thought they were really good today although they need to learn to go along with the majority singing some times. They were singing the naughty version of hello hello on the way to the ground but songs all seemed fine during the match. 

Glad to hear.

The whole purpose of the singing section was to improve the atmosphere at Tynie so hoping they manage this.

William H. Bonney
54 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I’m sure that’s why the individual brought it to the game. No other reason. ?

I guess the red hand of Ulster flag wavers are all nick cave fans. 

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Excellent today, boys, keep it up. Motherwell were owned by our young team today.

I only noticed because of where my seat (standing) was, but I thought  that. The Motherwell boys mostly stood and watched the Gorgie Boys in sing and bounce. I think they can safely consider it an away win too. 

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:47, By the light said:

They should be put behind the goals in the Gorgie and over time safe standing put in so that the whole of the Gorgie stand is a an absolute bear pit.

Over time it will gain a reputation like the Yellow Wall in Dortmund and terrorise the opposition. Every young Hearts fan will dream of smashing a winner against Hibs in to the Gorgie End. 

Thats the dream.

(I look forward to watching it unfold from my posh seat in the main stand)

Sounds good

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was about 6 rows from the front in the lower section with my 92 year old dad (a Motherwell fan) and we held back at FT to allow him to walk out without a crowd, stewards were very good and allowed us to exit via the track and disabled gate. we arrived in the concourse under the stand just as our flag wavers/drum beater/singing section came out, up to there knees in fenian blood getting belted out with loads of ahem older guys filming them

12 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

When the Hearts song or the Europe song gets sung give up banging on yer drum mate, you couldn't keep up

Bit of creative drumming required imo.

Come in at last two lines of Euro song. Same with Hearts song.

I'm here all week.... !

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Excellent today, boys, keep it up. Motherwell were owned by our young team today.

What was so good about them today, Boab?

1 minute ago, Bez said:

What was so good about them today, Boab?

The atmosphere was the best i've heard in a while and inspired the rest of a great turn out to join in.

I hope you're no fishing for anything else, Bez !

I actually thought the atmosphere was better at Kilmarnock, it was great today but it was non stop at Kilmarnock. Couple of young kids about 8 or 9 right down the front left were brilliant as well starting songs and having a good time ? that’s what it’s all about, well done all. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Boab said:

The atmosphere was the best i've heard in a while and inspired the rest of a great turn out to join in.

Smashing up seating up their knees in fenian blood,smashin atmosphere Boab

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Was a genuine question, mate. Don’t think we’ve ever done that snidey cheeky fishing stuff with each other before. I’m in no mood to start. ?

Edited by Bez

1 minute ago, Bez said:

Was a genuine question, mate. Don’t think we’ve ever done that snidey cheeky fishing stuff with each other before. I’m in no mood to start. ?

Yip. There's enough pious ***** on here, Bez, let's leave it to them. I can only call it as I seen it at the match. The shit that's just came out ?

It happens and will be sorted. 

Smashing up seats ✔️

Sectarian singing ✔️

Political singing ✖️

Older men hanging around and filming teenagers ✔️

Pyrotechnics ✖️

Mixed performance this week. Must do better.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Just how young are these folk?

D449BACB-7CE7-49EF-B106-4E06DC8704B8.jpeg

I don't think they were involved as they could just be moving along towards the exits. More likely those further forward out of the picture. 

6 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Anything not accurate?

Did you know the person who had the flag? 

It it wouldn’t be my personal choice but there’s absolutely no need to find offence in something so utterly innocuous.

5 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Glad to hear.

The whole purpose of the singing section was to improve the atmosphere at Tynie so hoping they manage this.

No you don’t Frank.

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Smashing up seats ✔️

Sectarian singing ✔️

Political singing ✖️

Older men hanging around and filming teenagers ✔️

Pyrotechnics ✖️

Mixed performance this week. Must do better.

Were you one of older guys filming them? 

Or is the surveillance purely social media based?

I'm mostly joking here, just delighted after today so take it as tongue in cheek.

4 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

No you don’t Frank.

Yeah you’re right, I don’t want a better atmosphere at Tynecastle.

:notsure:

4 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Yeah you’re right, I don’t want a better atmosphere at Tynecastle.

:notsure:

You have a funny way of encouraging it. 

Were you the subject of the banner by the Well fans today by any chance (as poor as the grammar was)? The police bribes must be a decent nest egg :rofl: 

7 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

You have a funny way of encouraging it. 

Were you the subject of the banner by the Well fans today by any chance (as poor as the grammar was)? The police bribes must be a decent nest egg :rofl: 

My voice is hoarse tonight from ‘encouraging’ the atmosphere today.

Not sure which banner? The suicide one?

1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

My voice is hoarse tonight from ‘encouraging’ the atmosphere today.

Not sure which banner? The suicide one?

I’m glad ?

Not at all, and fair play to them, that’s related to one of their young lads who was heavily involved in that section, who took his own life recently. Full respect to them for that on something so important.

It was the Police Scotland addressed banner at the start of the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, maroonexile said:

I’m glad ?

Not at all, and fair play to them, that’s related to one of their young lads who was heavily involved in that section, who took his own life recently. Full respect to them for that on something so important.

It was the Police Scotland addressed banner at the start of the 2nd half.

Fair play to them. Important subject matter.

I never saw a Police one?

“Police Scotland: spend you’re (obvious error there) reward money on real crimes”

Basically PS tried to recruit paid informers on football fans in Motherwell. In the news this week.

1 minute ago, maroonexile said:

“Police Scotland: spend you’re (obvious error there) reward money on real crimes”

Basically PS tried to recruit paid informers on football fans in Motherwell. In the news this week.

Strange thing to make a banner about

7 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Strange thing to make a banner about

St Mirren also has a banner last night.

I’d suggest that is actually quite important considering we fund these endeavours.

Edited by maroonexile

8 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

St Mirren also has a banner last night.

I’d suggest that is actually quite important considering we find these endeavours.

Not read the story that inspired them but on the surface I can’t see the problem with police wanting to stop crimes happening. It’s pretty much their job after all. 

Edit. Just read the article in the Herald. Don’t see what the problem is to be fair. Police made it clear to the people they asked to help them that they were trying to target illegal behaviour at matches such as pre-arranged violence. The only people I can imagine being up in arms at that are people who would be directly affected by it.

Edited by Frank1874

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Not read the story that inspired them but on the surface I can’t see the problem with police wanting to stop crimes happening. It’s pretty much their job after all. 

It wasn’t about crimes though. It was asking fans to monitor and report movements of their fellow supporters, with no reasonable expectation that a crime may or may not be committed. In fact it infringes on freedom of assembly for example. 

As I’m sure you saw today the Well Bois are hardly a crack unit, and that level of police involvement is neither justifiable, or appropriate, given the risk they may or may not pose. 

7 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

It wasn’t about crimes though. It was asking fans to monitor and report movements of their fellow supporters, with no reasonable expectation that a crime may or may not be committed. In fact it infringes on freedom of assembly for example. 

As I’m sure you saw today the Well Bois are hardly a crack unit, and that level of police involvement is neither justifiable, or appropriate, given the risk they may or may not pose. 

Trying to take proactive and preventative measures to stop crimes happening and make sure there is adequate police presence at potential flashpoints. Sounds pretty common sense to me.

No problem with people being paid for it either. It’s their decision how they use resources. Unfortunately there are cretins out there in every support and the quicker they get their collar felt the better imo. The utter lowlifes in Hearts colours on the Glasgow to Edinburgh train this evening who shouted sexual remarks at the young lady who got on being a perfect example. She ended up walking up to the opposite end of the train to get away from them.

Marooned In Oz
12 hours ago, pablo said:

It wasnot from the singing section regarding the Edinburgh song.  It was a guy in his ****ing 40s who started it in the ticket queue.   Absolute arsehole. 

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Did you know the person who had the flag? 

It it wouldn’t be my personal choice but there’s absolutely no need to find offence in something so utterly innocuous.

Why would i know the dick that wants to take a UJ to  a Hearts match???

• davemclaren locked this topic